PDA

View Full Version : LeBron going to guard Curry at any point of this series?

dunksby
05-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Like when he was put on Rose, LeBron is not as young but Curry is not as explosive and athletic as Rose either. If it happens, I can see LeBron making life hell for Steph.

Richie2k6
05-29-2015, 01:35 PM
He'll definitely guard him at some point, probably only when Cleveland is desperate and Shumpert isn't cutting it

Out_In_Utah
05-29-2015, 01:49 PM
I can see this being effective. Especially since the league allows LeBron to be more physical than other players on D.

MP.Trey
05-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Definitely. Kyrie can't hang with him all series long and Shump will likely be busy with Klay.

jimmy77x
05-29-2015, 02:13 PM
I can see this being effective. Especially since the league allows LeBron to be more physical than other players on D.

Was just getting ready to mention this. Lebaldo gets away with more fouling than anyone, his whole reputation as a good defender is all bullshit, he's just allowed to be a lot more physical on defence than anyone else in the league.

Rose'sACL
05-29-2015, 02:19 PM
he would most probably do that when curry is crazy hot. he shut down rose and parker before.

Done_And_Done
05-29-2015, 02:22 PM
I'm thinking that he'll defer to his wings and Irving until a certain point in the 4th. I'm guessing Lebron will want the duty of guarding Curry down the stretch for sure. He seems to be pretty effective against these quick, agile guards. Should be interesting...

Dave3
05-29-2015, 02:22 PM
he would most probably do that when curry is crazy hot. he shut down rose and parker before.
He played very good defense, but he had a solid defensive team backing him up and those guys were slashers. Curry won't be driving into the help defense like those guys, so its going to be very different.

sportjames23
05-29-2015, 02:25 PM
He ain't shutting down Curry.

KembaWalker
05-29-2015, 02:42 PM
If he does it won't be for long, Bron chasing around Curry then having to run the ball up and create on the other end? Dude's gonna collapse by the end of the 3rd quarter

ImKobe
05-29-2015, 02:47 PM
Curry gonna break Bran ankles

lol at thinking Bran can defend an elite PG because he was able to shut down an injured Parker with Wade/Bosh helping out with doubles.

FatComputerNerd
05-29-2015, 02:48 PM
Delly gonna take Curry out so it doesn't matter

Richie2k6
05-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Curry gonna break Bran ankles

lol at thinking Bran can defend an elite PG because he was able to shut down an injured Parker with Wade/Bosh helping out with doubles.
Guess you never saw him guard Rose.

SilkkTheShocker
05-29-2015, 03:13 PM
If LeBron can shutdown Rose and Parker, he can shut down this f.aggot

tmacattack33
05-29-2015, 03:35 PM
He'll probably end up switching on him like 5-10 times in Game 1.

And then Cleveland will just see if those 10 possessions end up being better than Shumpert's and Irving's possessions on Kyrie and adjust accordingly for the rest of the series.

chazzy
05-29-2015, 03:41 PM
implying those guys are better scorers than Curry

PP34Deuce
05-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Curry is not as fast as Rose or Parker but he's crafty like parker with a killer jumpshot.

I can see Lebron in spurts guarding him but not all game. Curry goes through screens like a SG. Delly is probably the best guy to put on him.

Steph is going to get his, take out Klay and neutralize Draymond....Those are the keys to GSW.

SilkkTheShocker
05-29-2015, 04:08 PM
implying those guys are better scorers than Curry

Implying Curry is a better slasher than either of those two. Do you watch basketball, Corky?

ImKobe
05-29-2015, 04:08 PM
Guess you never saw him guard Rose.

we gonna act like Rose has half the handles or shooting ability and that Bran can play defense as well as he did in 2011

PP34Deuce
05-29-2015, 04:24 PM
we gonna act like Rose has half the handles or shooting ability and that Bran can play defense as well as he did in 2011

Curry is like Steve Nash prime with a better ISO Set.

He's so dangerous from 3 I almost believe you give him the layup. Curry wants to shoot 3's, not dunk or lay up. If I'm cleveland I scheme around taking half of their 3 point attempts away. Curry has a sick 3 point game but his midrange game isn't on the same level.

dunksby
05-30-2015, 03:29 AM
Curry is not as fast as Rose or Parker but he's crafty like parker with a killer jumpshot.

I can see Lebron in spurts guarding him but not all game. Curry goes through screens like a SG. Delly is probably the best guy to put on him.

Steph is going to get his, take out Klay and neutralize Draymond....Those are the keys to GSW.
Curry will have to be contained even within a let-Curry-get-his tactic, he hitting threes consecutively is too damaging for any kinda lead.

Mamba
05-30-2015, 03:45 AM
Curry is like Steve Nash prime with a better ISO Set.

He's so dangerous from 3 I almost believe you give him the layup. Curry wants to shoot 3's, not dunk or lay up. If I'm cleveland I scheme around taking half of their 3 point attempts away. Curry has a sick 3 point game but his midrange game isn't on the same level.
this is actually one of the better posts i've read on this site (in trash there's treasure) repped for sure.

press up on the kid, try and force the line drive, you have mozgov, TT and such their to bother and contest the lay up. Who knows might get lucky and confuse the MVP

Bankaii
05-30-2015, 03:55 AM
Have you ever played basketball at a high level? It's much easier to guard a shooter than a slasher.

34-24 Footwork
05-30-2015, 03:55 AM
He ain't shutting down Curry.

This. Lebron WILL NOT guard Curry 1 vs 1. Lol. He's not Rose, Parker or anyone else.

But if he does, he'll get thoroughly embarrassed....worse than Jason Terry did em....:lol

34-24 Footwork
05-30-2015, 03:57 AM
Have you ever played basketball at a high level? It's much easier to guard a shooter than a slasher.

Implying that Curry is just a shooter implies that you don't watch basketball and only play 2k.

Bran couldn't guard a 50 year old Jason Terry. He's not gonna guard Curry. Disastrous.

34-24 Footwork
05-30-2015, 04:00 AM
this is actually one of the better posts i've read on this site (in trash there's treasure) repped for sure.

press up on the kid, try and force the line drive, you have mozgov, TT and such their to bother and contest the lay up. Who knows might get lucky and confuse the MVP

Curry has seen the BEST defenders of the WEST. Tony Allen, Conley, Jeff Green, Tyreke Evans, Ariza, Brewer.

I'm more concerned with Delladova intentionally Injuring Curry more than Curry producing.

dunksby
05-30-2015, 04:04 AM
Curry has seen the BEST defenders of the WEST. Tony Allen, Conley, Jeff Green, Tyreke Evans, Ariza, Brewer.

I'm more concerned with Delladova intentionally Injuring Curry more than Curry producing.
Are you serious about those two? And he didn't consistently faced them, Allen and Conley did bother him so, you want to ignore those bad shooting nights he had?

Bankaii
05-30-2015, 04:06 AM
Implying that Curry is just a shooter implies that you don't watch basketball and only play 2k.

Bran couldn't guard a 50 year old Jason Terry. He's not gonna guard Curry. Disastrous.
I'm not a Lebron Stan so chill with your lame agenda idc. And judging from your posts you have no idea what you're talking about. Talk me when you've played past middle school ball bud.

34-24 Footwork
05-30-2015, 04:07 AM
Are you serious about those two? And he didn't consistently faced them, Allen and Conley did bother him so, you want to ignore those bad shooting nights he had?

Conley, Allen, Jeff Green are ALL better defenders than Lebron. Lebron will guard Barnes or Klay.

But even Klay is a stretch. He's not gonna guard someone that can light him up for 40. Lol. Let's be honest here.

He guarded Carroll and Dunleavy in his last series. Lol

34-24 Footwork
05-30-2015, 04:09 AM
I'm not a Lebron Stan so chill with your lame agenda idc. And judging from your posts you have no idea what you're talking about. Talk me when you've played past middle school ball bud.

You thinking that Lebron can/will guard Curry tells me that you're probably playing 2k15 at this very moment. Those days are over kiddo. Bran ain't guarding no more dudes like that.

Why are you sensitive about Jason Terry or Kawhi killing Lebron on the finals? That ACTUALLY happened. Stay mad though.

Bankaii
05-30-2015, 04:25 AM
You thinking that Lebron can/will guard Curry tells me that you're probably playing 2k15 at this very moment. Those days are over kiddo. Bran ain't guarding no more dudes like that.

Why are you sensitive about Jason Terry or Kawhi killing Lebron on the finals? That ACTUALLY happened. Stay mad though.
I don't know if you're retarded so I'll say it again. The 2k jokes are lame and your Lebron agenda doesn't affect me, you just look desperate. And the fact that you think that Tyreke Evans, Corey Brewer, and Jeff Green are exceptional defenders shows just how dumb you are. During the 2 games where both Mike Conley and Tony Allen were healthy Curry averaged 21 points on 37% fg and 19% 3pt shooting. Quit pretending like he's some juggernaut against great perimeter defenders.

aburre21
05-30-2015, 04:28 AM
Lebron doesn't go all out on the defensive end. He doesn't have the energy to do it. Lebron rarely bends his knees, gets in a fundamental defensive stand and moves his feet like he's capable. Playing that type of defense would burn him out especially with the mileage on his legs. He should never guard Curry this series. Never!

34-24 Footwork
05-30-2015, 04:36 AM
I don't know if you're retarded so I'll say it again. The 2k jokes are lame and your Lebron agenda doesn't affect me, you just look desperate. And the fact that you think that Tyreke Evans, Corey Brewer, and Jeff Green are exceptional defenders shows just how dumb you are. During the 2 games where both Mike Conley and Tony Allen were healthy Curry averaged 21 points on 37% fg and 19% 3pt shooting. Quit pretending like he's some juggernaut against great perimeter defenders.

lol @ you typing a fvckin thesis.Conley/Allen>>>> defensively than Dunleavy, Carroll.

Stay mad chump.

zoom17
05-30-2015, 04:41 AM

:oldlol: :applause:

chazzy
05-30-2015, 04:43 AM
Implying Curry is a better slasher than either of those two. Do you watch basketball, Corky?
then why don't they score better than Curry?

AintNoSunshine
05-30-2015, 04:44 AM
lol @ you typing a fvckin thesis.Conley/Allen>>>> defensively than Dunleavy, Carroll.

Stay mad chump.

Got straight up punk'd so bad that you have no idea what you're talking about, WTF does Dunleavy and Carroll have to do with the topic?

Bankaii
05-30-2015, 04:48 AM

Stay mad chump.
Supporting my statement is now a thesis? I fvcked you up so bad now you're really retarded. Care to address why Curry played like crap? And what Dunleavy have to do with this? Butler/Carroll>Conley/Allen btw.

Lebron23
05-30-2015, 04:56 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3535230/fresh-prince-ethered-o.gif

34-24 Footwork
05-30-2015, 04:56 AM
Lol @ this thread. No....Lebron will NOT guard Curry in 1 vs 1 situations.

Nashty
05-30-2015, 05:12 AM

No, it's not, I always like to guard slashers because you can sag off them 3 feet and make them take outside shots, but with shooters you must stay close to them but if you stay too close, they blow right by you.

Kobe_6/8
05-30-2015, 05:12 AM
Supporting my statement is now a thesis? I fvcked you up so bad now you're really retarded. Care to address why Curry played like crap? And what Dunleavy have to do with this? Butler/Carroll>Conley/Allen btw.

http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/20-kohlkojudsonip0.gif

Bankaii
05-30-2015, 05:22 AM
No, it's not, I always like to guard slashers because you can sag off them 3 feet and make them take outside shots, but with shooters you must stay close to them but if you stay too close, they blow right by you.
There's a difference between a pure slasher and a slash first player. D Rose and Parker are slashers but still have a pull up game/floater so they're less predictable.

Bankaii
05-30-2015, 05:32 AM
Lol @ this thread. No....Lebron will NOT guard Curry in 1 vs 1 situations.
I got you so shook you won't even try to counter argue. Next time don't speak when you don't know what you're talking about.

Nashty
05-30-2015, 05:47 AM
There's a difference between a pure slasher and a slash first player. D Rose and Parker are slashers but still have a pull up game/floater so they're less predictable.

And there is a difference between pure shooter, and a shoot first player like Curry who also has excellent ball handling and can get to the paint and hit a floater. For LeBron is easier to guard Rose and Parker because they are drive first players so he can sag of off them to prevent a drive and still contest their shot because he's bigger than them, but with Curry it's different, he wants to shoot first and LeBron must stay really close because he have much better shot than Rose and Parker , but if he stays too close Curry will blow by him thanks to his handles and quickness.

Genaro
05-30-2015, 06:07 AM
Delly gonna take Curry out so it doesn't matter
On a date? I don't think Curry is a faqqot although Delly may be.

LeFraud James
05-30-2015, 11:12 AM
We'll he's got two elite wind defenders and Christian Thompson shoring up the middle, so I doubt we'll see much of LeBron on Curry.

Richie2k6
05-30-2015, 11:13 AM

We gonna act like Steph is more explosive and agile than '11 Rose?

G0ATbe
05-30-2015, 11:27 AM
I doubt it but I hope he tries. Will be fking comedy watching Curry break his ankles and hit nonstop contested threes ala Jason Terry:rockon:

edrick
05-30-2015, 11:31 AM
Probably at times, but who will Delly, Shump, JR, etc switch to? Lebron uses too much energy on both ends, especially with the next 2 players being injured. Curry will have him running all over the damn place.

diamenz
05-30-2015, 01:43 PM
We gonna act like Steph is more explosive and agile than '11 Rose?

rose was too fast for his own good. curry is the better decision maker and i'd take him over rose any day.

cltcfn2924
05-30-2015, 01:57 PM

You mean like he shut down Leonard? Oh,..... wait a minute.

Dro
05-30-2015, 03:28 PM
I expect him to in the 4th quarter.....