PDA

View Full Version : T Wolves, Sixers, and Lakers- exciting young cores.

Ca$H
05-29-2015, 01:52 PM
I love watching young cores play together and develop. The T Wolves, Sixers, and Lakers all will have exciting young cores after the draft.

T Wolves: Wiggins, Towns, and LaVine.

Sixers: Russell, Noel, and Embiid.

Lakers: Okafor, Randle, and Clarkson.

These teams should be fun to watch.

ISHGoat
05-29-2015, 01:53 PM
I love watching young cores play together and develop. The T Wolves, Sixers, and Lakers all will have exciting young cores after the draft.

agreed, too bad lakers have to give up their pick next year, unless its top 3 protected

lakers fans, are you advocating for a massive tank next year, or say f the pick and try to compete for a playoff spot?

Legends66NBA7
05-29-2015, 01:55 PM
Sixers have the highest potential to become a contender, considering the talent and circumstances.

Ca$H
05-29-2015, 01:59 PM
agreed, too bad lakers have to give up their pick next year, unless its top 3 protected

lakers fans, are you advocating for a massive tank next year, or say f the pick and try to compete for a playoff spot?

Imagine adding Ben Simmons or Thon Maker to that core. :eek: I would tank again.

Dave3
05-29-2015, 02:09 PM
Imagine adding Ben Simmons or Thon Maker to that core. :eek: I would tank again.
What has Thon Maker achieved for people to want him though?

HurricaneKid
05-29-2015, 02:10 PM

I'd take the Bucks, Jazz, etc above the Lakers young core. Okafor Randle Clarkson <<<<< Giannis/Jabari/Middleton/MCW/Henson/Inglis.

Seems like another comical Laker hype thread.

Clyde
05-29-2015, 02:11 PM

internet hype.

I dont get it, but apparently its a thing

Fallen Angel
05-29-2015, 02:12 PM
Look like Kevin Durant against short white high school kids. He really struggled when going against real talent.

dubeta
05-29-2015, 02:15 PM
True, Lakers have a pretty good future.

Heck all they need is an upgrade at the 2 and they'll be fighting for the playoffs :applause:

Legends66NBA7
05-29-2015, 02:23 PM

Same thing as Wiggins. They played in Canada.

Nastradamus
05-29-2015, 02:32 PM
Wiggins/Towns/Rubio and maybe Lavine/Dieng

ImKobe
05-29-2015, 02:42 PM

Just go into the season with the best roster possible and if the experiment is failing early (Kobe injury, team dropping games), I'm pulling the plug again.

This is how they have been doing things the last 2 seasons and considering all the talent the Sixers and Wolves are adding this off-season, tanking for a top 3 pick doesn't take the whole season...we don't want to end up like the Knicks where we tank all year and end u finishing 4th in the draft...with a top 3 protected pick :facepalm

Eric Cartman
05-29-2015, 02:44 PM
People are underestimating the Lakers young big 3. Clarkson is a flat out stud, great passer, attacks the rim fiercely and is very very clutch, future all-star. Randle, at the very least, can knock down the midrange and run the break. At best, he's the next Zach Randolph (Portland/Memphis version). Regarding Okafor, who the hell knows, dude could be a huge bust, or Brook Lopez without the health problems, big question, but I'm optimistic that he will pan out. If he doesn't, haters will have the delight to shove it in our faces.

Yes it's not as good as some other young cores, but for a dying franchise with an idiot owner, it's splendid.

FireDavidKahn
05-29-2015, 03:07 PM
I swear to god if we don't draft Towns I'm gonna go burn down the Target Center.

Dave3
05-29-2015, 03:09 PM
Same thing as Wiggins. They played in Canada.
Wiggins was projected to go number 1 by scouts for the 3 years leading up his being drafted. Maker's barely projected to go in the first round. It's only really on ISH where people make him out to be the next Dirk or something.

KembaWalker
05-29-2015, 03:11 PM
I'd take the Bucks, Jazz, etc above the Lakers young core. Okafor Randle Clarkson <<<<< Giannis/Jabari/Middleton/MCW/Henson/Inglis.

No ones comparing the cores you fool, OP said they'd be exciting which I believe they will be too

Get outta here

tamaraw08
05-29-2015, 03:28 PM
Sixers have the highest potential to become a contender, considering the talent and circumstances.

Oh yeah, how sure are you that the Lakers are drafting Okafor?
If Russell is the real deal and Mitch drafts him then the Sixers would be in interesting frontline of Embiid, Noel and Okafor. Good luck with that. :oldlol:

jayfan
05-29-2015, 03:54 PM
I swear to god if we don't draft Towns I'm gonna go burn down the Target Center.

I'm sure they will. Twolves should make a nice jump next year. Even with Flip Saunders as their coach.

Legends66NBA7
05-29-2015, 04:06 PM
Wiggins was projected to go number 1 by scouts for the 3 years leading up his being drafted. Maker's barely projected to go in the first round. It's only really on ISH where people make him out to be the next Dirk or something.

I was kidding.

Legends66NBA7
05-29-2015, 04:17 PM
Oh yeah, how sure are you that the Lakers are drafting Okafor?
If Russell is the real deal and Mitch drafts him then the Sixers would be in interesting frontline of Embiid, Noel and Okafor. Good luck with that. :oldlol:

I can't see them drafting 3 bigs who play the same position. After trading MCW away, they probably want to draft a guard. Besides, I think Minny and LA will take Towns and Oak Top 2, no surprises.

Genaro
05-29-2015, 04:20 PM

It baffles me how much butt hurt some people are regarding the Lakers.

IncarceratedBob
05-29-2015, 04:24 PM
One of those is unlike the others.

Clarkson is a bench player at best.

Randle is their best piece and he's at best an All Star reserve in his prime.

Okafor can't defend. What has Al Jefferson won in the NBA again?

They don't have their 1st rounder next year.

Lmao. Quite the core. It's mediocre at best.

HOoopCityJones
05-29-2015, 04:25 PM
It baffles me how much butt hurt some people are regarding the Lakers.

Hating ass ni99as dead inside because they have to jump from bandwagon to bandwagon while we've been watching good to great basketball for over 30 years now. :rockon:

MJ(Mean John)
05-29-2015, 04:33 PM

we still got the 27th and the 34th lil homie.

We can get talent with that.
Plus signing a guy in his early 20's with all of our cap space.

MJ(Mean John)
One of those is unlike the others.

Randle is their best piece and he's at best an All Star reserve in his prime.

Okafor can't defend. What has Al Jefferson won in the NBA again?

They don't have their 1st rounder next year.

Lmao. Quite the core. It's mediocre at best.

lol. The hate is real with this guy

Clarkson NOW is a starter in this league.

Eric Cartman

:biggums: :biggums:

MiseryCityTexas
05-29-2015, 04:44 PM
People are underestimating the Lakers young big 3. Clarkson is a flat out stud, great passer, attacks the rim fiercely and is very very clutch, future all-star. Randle, at the very least, can knock down the midrange and run the break. At best, he's the next Zach Randolph (Portland/Memphis version). Regarding Okafor, who the hell knows, dude could be a huge bust, or Brook Lopez without the health problems, big question, but I'm optimistic that he will pan out. If he doesn't, haters will have the delight to shove it in our faces.

Yes it's not as good as some other young cores, but for a dying franchise with an idiot owner, it's splendid.

I don't even think Okafor's on Brook Lopez's level. At least Brook has a solid postup, and midrange game.

Milbuck
05-29-2015, 04:46 PM

Eh Bucks core is clearly better imo but Clarkson is getting underrated here. He was really good (for a rook) for a good chunk of last year, put up something like 15/6 over the entire 2nd half of the season. Randle could be a stud as could Okafor. It's not on the level of these other cores but it isn't nothing imo.

I would take Jabari/Giannis/Mids/MCW over Philly's core too tbh, Embiid's injury concerns scare the shit out of me and until he shows he can step on the court and produce I'm not gonna get hyped over what they're doing. At least with Jabari we saw he could really play and that the excitement over his potential was warranted.

T-Wolves core is nasty.

HOoopCityJones
05-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Clarkson the future if he stays healthy.

Eric Cartman
05-29-2015, 04:58 PM
Eh Bucks core is clearly better imo but Clarkson is getting underrated here. He was really good (for a rook) for a good chunk of last year, put up something like 15/6 over the entire 2nd half of the season. Randle could be a stud as could Okafor. It's not on the level of these other cores but it isn't nothing imo.

I would take Jabari/Giannis/Mids/MCW over Philly's core too tbh, Embiid's injury concerns scare the shit out of me and until he shows he can step on the court and produce I'm not gonna get hyped over what they're doing. At least with Jabari we saw he could really play and that the excitement over his potential was warranted.

T-Wolves core is nasty.

Bucks core is stupid good, who you guys drafting?

NBAplayoffs2001
05-29-2015, 05:17 PM

I'm really pumped about that Sixers team to be honest. That looks like such a sick trio. It's a shame they traded away KJ Mcdaniels though, he was a good role player. Throw in Tony Wroten and shooters off the bench, should be a fun team to watch develop.