PDA

View Full Version : Warriors are gonna choke like 2012 OKC... just too young and inexperienced

Dizzle-2k7
05-29-2015, 08:00 PM
Warriors are too young and inexperienced at this stage, and they havent played a fully healthy, good defensive team yet like the Cavs..

its gonna be 2012 all over again

LosBulls
05-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Warriors are too young and inexperienced at this stage, and they havent played a fully healthy, good defensive team yet like the Cavs..

Memphis and Houston are ahead of Cavs in defensive efficiency.. Are you retarded?

http://i.gyazo.com/b7f68aa4b012bb490da56232806f81c2.png

inclinerator
05-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Memphis and Houston are ahead of Cavs in defensive efficiency.. Are you retarded?

keyword regular season

jzek
05-29-2015, 08:08 PM
keyword regular season

YOu mean like what the 60-22 Hawks did in the regular season?

rzp
05-29-2015, 08:11 PM

this playoff Cavs are WAY different from RS, even more on defense. They really combined well, and can make something special (reminds me 04 pistons after sign Rasheed; just a impression)

Dizzle-2k7
05-29-2015, 08:13 PM
memphis and houston were not 100% fool, thats what i said in OP

cavs playoff defense >>>>

edrick
05-29-2015, 08:15 PM
memphis and houston were not 100% fool, thats what i said in OP

cavs playoff defense >>>>

Yep both memphis and houston were missing perimeter defenders for many or all of the games.

Eric Cartman
05-29-2015, 08:17 PM
So, if GS wins, Curry > Durant

Get back to me

Meticode
05-29-2015, 08:25 PM
And Houston and Memphis got eliminated in the playoffs. In most cases the regular season tendencies don't matter. The playoffs are a whole different animal.

Genaro
05-29-2015, 08:30 PM
I think there's a possibility this happens but I don't think that Thunder team lost because of inexperience:
- Harden choking maybe was because of inexperience but he did it again for the next 3 playoffs so I don't think so
- That Heat team was better than this Cavs
- Thunder had a matchup problem when the Heat went small and Brooks was too stubborn to fix it.
- This Warriors team is a better defensive team than the Thunder.

24-Inch_Chrome
05-29-2015, 08:58 PM

Damn, I guess Atlanta > Cleveland.

Bigsmoke
05-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Lol Curry is older than everybody on the Cavs besides LBJ and Mike Miller

The cavs aren't the 2012 Heat experience wise

Droid101
05-29-2015, 09:06 PM
keyword regular season
Dude stop. The Cavs have a "good defensive rating" in the playoffs because ****ing Chicago couldn't hit an open shot to save their lives. It was nothing the Cavs did.

Cleverness
05-29-2015, 09:09 PM

uhh, he doesn't have healthy Wade and Bosh now:no:

Bigsmoke
05-29-2015, 09:16 PM
uhh, he doesn't have healthy Wade and Bosh now:no:

Actually, wade and bosh were hurt too:oldlol: both missed the Olympics due to their injuries

But Bosh at least returned in the ECFs and Wade 80% healthy better than most shooting guards still

Cocaine80s
05-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Dude stop. The Cavs have a "good defensive rating" in the playoffs because ****ing Chicago couldn't hit an open shot to save their lives. It was nothing the Cavs did.
:eek:
So if Lebron ends up beating the #1 Offensive team in the league with this weak Cavs team, god damn..... top 5 all time

tpols
05-29-2015, 09:24 PM
It's great that people are bringing this up.. since there was little mention of it before 2012 finals.. since bran was yet to win a ring. He wasn't a champ yet.

Now? Brans a champ. Warriors have it in theither ear that they're gonna choke on the big stage. Steve kerr will be drilling it into their heads.. "they think we're a bunch of rookies.. lucky system" texting steph everyday "they call you little boy.. everyone expects bron to crush you".

GS hears you bro.. this is motivation.

Cocaine80s
05-29-2015, 09:25 PM
It's great that people are bringing this up.. since there was little mention of it before 2012 finals.. since bran was yet to win a ring. He wasn't a champ yet.

Now? Brans a champ. Warriors have it in theither ear that they're gonna choke on the big stage. Steve kerr will be drilling it into their heads.. "they think we're a bunch of rookies.. lucky system" texting steph everyday "they call you little boy.. everyone expects bron to crush you".

GS hears you bro.. this is motivation.
Except most people expect Golden State to win....

imdaman99
05-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Let's see if the refs agree, like they did in 2012

Plus, all the best players on OKC were like 23 years old. Pretty sure Steph is older than that.

Cocaine80s
05-29-2015, 09:52 PM

Plus, all the best players on OKC were like 23 years old. Pretty sure Steph is older than that.
Steph is only 19. Hes not ready for the finals yet.

rzp
05-29-2015, 09:54 PM

lol

Cleverness
05-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Actually, wade and bosh were hurt too:oldlol: both missed the Olympics due to their injuries

But Bosh at least returned in the ECFs and Wade 80% healthy better than most shooting guards still

damn, how quickly I've forgotten how great he played:facepalm

scandisk_
05-29-2015, 10:32 PM
Except most people expect Golden State to win....

Though bran is with a bunch of Finals rookies, he will be the difference maker in this series. He already elevated his team up to this point, plus he's proven and tested. It could go either way though. Now that you think of it this kinda resembles the 91 Finals Bran as (Magic, proven) vs Curry as (MJ, bringing his first title), where MJ decimated the injury ridden Lakers (yep, Cavs).

Heavincent
05-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Lebron's championship experience is a factor, but I wish people would stop bringing up Perkins, Miller, Jones, and Marion. Like...really? :lol

In fact, most of the Cavs rotation guys haven't been here before (Smith, Mozgov, Shumpert, Thompson, Irving, etc.).

veilside23
05-29-2015, 10:55 PM
we gonna act like perkins>>> bogut?

and dwade<<< shumpert, smith

bosh<<<< thompson?

op is obvious:biggums:

tpols
05-29-2015, 11:07 PM
Lebron's championship experience is a factor, but I wish people would stop bringing up Perkins, Miller, Jones, and Marion. Like...really? :lol

In fact, most of the Cavs rotation guys haven't been here before (Smith, Mozgov, Shumpert, Thompson, Irving, etc.).

Yea... but Bogut Draymond klay and even steph have no finals experience either. Its tricky.. they need to feed off the "youre expected to choke" narrative

ShawkFactory
05-29-2015, 11:18 PM

Truth. Marion, perk, and miller have played a combined like 18 minutes in the first 3 rounds. They're non-factors. The guys who are have no experience on this stage.

And it'll sound weird to some calling Lebron a leader, but he's truly one right now. These guys are all talented role players who have never tasted anything quite like this. Bron is doing a hell of a job with them honestly.

KG215
05-30-2015, 12:04 AM
Meh, Curry is like 27 and Thompson is 25. Durant and Westbrook were 22 or 23 in the 2012 Finals. Harden and Ibaka were even younger. I know Green and Barnes are young, but Iggy, Bogut, Livingston, and Barbosa are good veteran players in, what, their 30s?

Sarcastic
05-30-2015, 12:10 AM
Probably.

navy
05-30-2015, 12:14 AM
Meh, Curry is like 27 and Thompson is 25. Durant and Westbrook were 22 or 23 in the 2012 Finals. Harden and Ibaka were even younger. I know Green and Barnes are young, but Iggy, Bogut, Livingston, and Barbosa are good veteran players in, what, their 30s?
Age and experience arent the same.

Anyways, you got rookie coaches, playoff virgins, vets, champions, newbs, it's too tough to tell what the narrative will be until after the series ends.

I strictly remember hearing about how the Thunder didnt need experience and their lack of it helped because them beat the Spurs and then the Heat in Game 1 by playing freely. :confusedshrug:

Kingwillball
05-30-2015, 12:18 AM

Really moron let's see matrix , James jones, jr smith , Perkins. Only missed at least 4 guys.

AussieG
05-30-2015, 12:19 AM
Warriors have a depth to the roster and they've made it out of the tougher West.

LeBron needs to do more than Curry to win. Curry can sit back more and let the team do the work.

If Cavs win, it'll do something for his legacy. He has experience but his overall roster is weak compared to Warriors.

Warriors aren't so young anymore. They have a big chance. But maybe if LeBron goes beast mode or if he gets all of the calls, they are beatable.

funnystuff
05-30-2015, 12:44 AM

Seriously no one else is gonna point out the dumbest thing in his post?

:lol

Relinquish
05-30-2015, 12:45 AM

Curry is older than JR Smith? :facepalm

Curry is older than Timofey Mozgov? :facepalm

Curry is older than James Jones? :facepalm

Curry is older than Kendrick Perkins? :facepalm

Curry is older than Shawn Marion? :facepalm

Curry is older than Brendan Haywood? :facepalm

Curry is older than Anderson Varejao? :facepalm

Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge.

gts
05-30-2015, 12:50 AM
Let's not pretend the Cavs are loaded with guys who have experience winning titles... after Lebron you have?

Roles players are key in championships runs so we'll see who's role players respond to the pressure... Kerr will certainly be able to impart some wisdom on the subject and will have a handle on how to keep these guys focused. He's done well so far...

lord help the league if the Warriors win it all... Last thing non Warriors fans want to see is these guys thinking they can win a few more because they have the talent to do it and the ownership to make sure the piece are in place...

R.I.P.
05-30-2015, 02:46 AM
Could be. It will depend on the ball movement of the Warriors. The Heat/Cavs defense is very high intensity and designed to beat stupid teams with stupid coaches. That

alanLA92
05-30-2015, 03:02 AM
All these threads comparing this Warriors team to 2012 Thunder. Lebron stans are getting really insecure right now. :lol

dunksby
05-30-2015, 03:03 AM
OKC core was 23 and younger against a Heat with three stars all in their primes. Curry is 27 coming off an Mvp season with a 67 team.

Hizack
06-17-2015, 08:22 PM
I agree. They choked so bad that they didn't manage to finish off the Cavs in 5 games.