PDA

View Full Version : This years finals kinda feels like 91

scandisk_
05-29-2015, 10:40 PM
Bron = Magic (proven champ) vs. Curry = MJ (on a mission on his first title)

Not saying GSW would win, I actually have CAVS in 6-7. But it feels similar somewhat. Cavs is ridden with injuries too.

Da_Realist
05-29-2015, 10:42 PM

Not saying GSW would win, I actually have CAVS in 6-7. But it feels similar somewhat. Cavs is ridden with injuries too.

Feels like 2012 to me.

J Shuttlesworth
05-29-2015, 10:47 PM
Were the Bulls favorites to win that series?

TheMarkMadsen
05-29-2015, 10:47 PM
feels like every other year lebron makes the finals

tons on injuries

weak east

WC oppoenent is weakened by playing 3 great teams

Im Still Ballin
05-29-2015, 10:48 PM
Were the Bulls favorites to win that series?
J shuttles got em' with the FOOZ!

scandisk_
05-29-2015, 10:48 PM
Feels like 2012 to me.

unless some braindead warrior turns into harden, yeah no :lol

J Shuttlesworth
05-29-2015, 10:50 PM

tons on injuries

weak east

The Cavs have been the most injury riddled team in the playoffs

The Dubs had to play Pelicans, Memphis with two players injured, Rockets with two starters out for the season... and those are supposed to be "3 great teams"?

Indian guy
05-29-2015, 10:52 PM
The Laker comparison makes no sense. Not only were LA slight favorites over Chicago, but they was also the far more experienced team. Cleveland on the other hand are heavy underdogs and outside of LeBron, their core is inexperienced as hell.

It's not like 2012 either. GSW has dominated at a historical level all season and has been the favorite to win it all for months now. OKC in 2012 only became the favorites after beating the Spurs(who had won 20 straight) in the WCF.

TheReal Kendall
05-29-2015, 10:55 PM
Feels rigged to me

Legends66NBA7
05-29-2015, 10:57 PM
This doesn't feel like 91 or 12.

Not sure why it has to be insisted upon.

TheMarkMadsen
05-29-2015, 10:58 PM
The Cavs have been the most injury riddled team in the playoffs

The Dubs had to play Pelicans, Memphis with two players injured, Rockets with two starters out for the season... and those are supposed to be "3 great teams"?

the cavs are playing in a historically weak conference, bran shot 39% with 5TO's per game in the 2nd round and his team still won easily.. if Curry played like the the Dubs are gone.. which not only speaks volumes about the Cavs depth but also the competition in the conference..

bulls were up 2-1 and then Pau got hurt..

both Memphis & Houston >>>>> Bulls & Atlanta

AD, Gasol, Harden are 3 of the best players in the league this year.. all nba 1st team..

who from the all nba team did the Cavs have to go through..?

Houston beat LAC who beat SAS who is the exact same team as 2014, who you bran stans were trying to prop up as some GOAT team last year..

and to top things off, the only team that has given brans teams trouble out east (the Pacers) didn't even get a chance with their best player being out the entire season

J Shuttlesworth
05-29-2015, 11:04 PM
the cavs are playing in a historically weak conference, bran shot 39% with 5TO's per game in the 2nd round and his team still won easily.. if Curry played like the the Dubs are gone.. which not only speaks volumes about the Cavs depth but also the competition in the conference..

AD, Gasol, Harden are 3 of the best players in the league this year.. all nba 1st team..

Houston beat LAC who beat SAS who is the exact same team as 2014, who you bran stans were trying to prop up as some GOAT team last year..

and to top things off, the only team that has given brans teams trouble out east (the Pacers) didn't even get a chance with their best player being out the entire season
All this is irrelevant because the Dubs didn't even have to face the best teams in the West. Is the east easier? Sure, but given the Cavs injuries? No Kyrie for a lot of the games, no Love for the season, all that has to be factored in. I don't want to hear Pau Gasol missing two games as an excuse when the Cavs are missing a star player, and Kyrie was maybe 50% that series.

There's no way you can compare what the Dubs went through this year to any of the other Western Conference playoff runs of the last few years outside of maybe 2013 Spurs (Lakers sans Kobe, GSW sans Lee/Bogut not 100%, sweeping Grizzlies). All of the teams the Warriors have faced have been injured outside of the Pels, who were the worst coached team in the West, and all young inexperienced players.

Don't rewrite history. The Warriors didn't go on some "historic run" beating 3 elite powerhouses in the West. They didn't have to even play the Spurs or Clippers... and they were the only team healthy throughout the first 3 rounds.

And don't use all-NBA selections when those players are missing chunks of their supporting casts. I could something equally as stupid and say the Cavs beat a 4 all star team, but i'm smart enough to understand how irrelevant that is, just like Curry facing the All-NBA players with injured support.

zoom17
05-29-2015, 11:06 PM
unless some braindead warrior turns into harden, yeah no :lol

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

livinglegend
05-29-2015, 11:06 PM

Your post is full of claims with no support and some of the information you re giving is completely wrong.
East historically weak: no support, just claim.
Bulls 2-1 then Gasol went down: wrong. that's a lie. It was 1-1 when he went down.
Memphis & Houston >>>>> Bulls & Atlanta: no support, just claim.
SAS: not same team as 2014
Gasol, Harden, AD first team: so? Cavs swept a 60 wins team with 4 all-stars and 5 players of the week in 1 week without his 2nd and 3rd option.

Lebron23
05-29-2015, 11:09 PM
This reminds me of 93

Phoenix Suns = Golden State Warriors
Team LeBron = Chicago Bulls

Legends66NBA7
05-29-2015, 11:11 PM
This reminds me of 93

Somewhat more accurate. Curry was more loved than Barkley before and after.

TheMarkMadsen
05-29-2015, 11:16 PM
All this is irrelevant because the Dubs didn't even have to face the best teams in the West. Is the east easier? Sure, but given the Cavs injuries? No Kyrie for a lot of the games, no Love for the season, all that has to be factored in. I don't want to hear Pau Gasol missing two games as an excuse when the Cavs are missing a star player, and Kyrie was maybe 50% that series.

There's no way you can compare what the Dubs went through this year to any of the other Western Conference playoff runs of the last few years outside of maybe 2013 Spurs (Lakers sans Kobe, GSW sans Lee/Bogut not 100%, sweeping Grizzlies). All of the teams the Warriors have faced have been injured outside of the Pels, who were the worst coached team in the West, and all young inexperienced players.

Don't rewrite history. The Warriors didn't go on some "historic run" beating 3 elite powerhouses in the West. They didn't have to even play the Spurs or Clippers... and they were the only team healthy throughout the first 3 rounds.

And don't use all-NBA selections when those players are missing chunks of their supporting casts. I could something equally as stupid and say the Cavs beat a 4 all star team, but i'm start enough to understand how irrelevant that is, just like Curry facing the All-NBA players with injured support.

say all you want but the fact remains that whatever path that any WC team takes to the finals is tougher than the path any EC team takes to the finals..

i love how you sit here and completely ignore that the cavs have had the same benefit of facing teams that are injured that you claim the warriors do.. :facepalm

The Celtics.. bah gawd what an oppoenent :rolleyes: doesn't even compare to facing one of the best players in the league like Davis who will always give his team a chance to win

The Bulls went up 2-1 after Gasol goes down 22 minutes into game 3... Gasol sits out the next two games and the cavs win both by a combined 7 points.. obviously Gasol's injury was huge and probably cost the Bulls the series..

Horford and Korver get hurt in the Hawks series..

but nah, keep being a moron and singing doe ray lebron

dubeta
05-29-2015, 11:18 PM
LOL so Curry = MJ now??

Damn MJs rating is falling down the gutter ever since 1-9 was exposed :lol

livinglegend
05-29-2015, 11:19 PM
say all you want but the fact remains that whatever path that any WC team takes to the finals is tougher than the path any EC team takes to the finals..

i love how you sit here and completely ignore that the cavs have had the same benefit of facing teams that are injured that you claim the warriors do.. :facepalm

The Celtics.. bah gawd what an oppoenent :rolleyes: doesn't even compare to facing one of the best players in the league like Davis who will always give his team a chance to win

The Bulls went up 2-1 after Gasol goes down 22 minutes into game 3... Gasol sits out the next two games and the cavs win both by a combined 7 points.. obviously Gasol's injury was huge and probably cost the Bulls the series..

When did Horford get hurt?
Is this another of your lies?
Everything you write is either a lie or agenda based claims with no support.
#stopposting

J Shuttlesworth
05-29-2015, 11:21 PM

I never said the path for the EC isn't easier, I said that the three teams GSW beat weren't great.. because of injuries, and pale in comparison to what Dirk beat in 2011, or the Thunder beat in 2012.. and even the 2014 Spurs for that matter too (despite Ibaka's injury)

I acknowledge that, but it completely gets countered by the fact that the Cavs were the most injury riddled team in the league.. and they had no JR for two games of the Bulls series (which is his own fault). Again, 3rd best player out for the playoffs, and second best is maybe 50% in the chicago series, barely played in the 3rd round.

I suppose, but I'd have preferred the Cavs face the Pelicans since they don't have players that will intentionally rip your shoulder out.

Again... your pointing out injuries... but COMPLETELY ignoring that the Cavs had more significant injuries than any of those teams. If the Warriors were injured and made it through those injured West teams, you'd have a solid point, but you don't.

Again, the Warriors didn't go on some historic 3 rounds against elite competition. Neither did the Cavs. Neither team has been really tested in the playoffs.

ShawkFactory
05-29-2015, 11:23 PM

tons on injuries

weak east

3 great teams? You're better than that.

TheMarkMadsen
05-29-2015, 11:24 PM
#stopposting

left game 3 after 17 minutes..

Hawks lost by 3..

i love how butthurt you get since i'm constantly ethering you and the rest of the lebron nut riders

livinglegend
05-29-2015, 11:26 PM

Hawks lost by 3..

i love how butthurt you get since i'm constantly ethering you and the rest of the lebron nut riders

Yeah, but when did he get hurt?
Did you even watch the game?

livinglegend
05-29-2015, 11:29 PM
I think i owned him. :lol :lol

NEXT:lol

dubeta
05-29-2015, 11:29 PM
#stopposting

Damn, exposed :lol

J Shuttlesworth
05-29-2015, 11:32 PM
I'll put it this way...

The Cavs would MUCH rather play the Pelicans, the Grizzlies w/ Conley/allen injured, and the Rockets w/o 2 starters if it's a guarantee that Love and Irving will be 100% healthy all playoffs, and 100% for the finals

Where as the Warriors wouldn't want to play 3 rounds in the east to make the finals if it meant Klay Thompson would be hobbled/unable to defend for the finals, and Draymond Green or Bogut being out for the season.

scandisk_
05-29-2015, 11:33 PM
LOL so Curry = MJ now??

Damn MJs rating is falling down the gutter ever since 1-9 was exposed :lol

That's what all you've got in this thread? Must be your IQ

show yourself lebron hater :lol

TheMarkMadsen
05-29-2015, 11:33 PM
I never said the path for the EC isn't easier, I said that the three teams GSW beat weren't great.. because of injuries, and pale in comparison to what Dirk beat in 2011, or the Thunder beat in 2012.. and even the 2014 Spurs for that matter too (despite Ibaka's injury)

what's your point with this, even the team you bring up as an example of a team that had a hard path (Mavs) were fortunate to face teams with injuries to star players

I acknowledge that, but it completely gets countered by the fact that the Cavs were the most injury riddled team in the league.. and they had no JR for two games of the Bulls series (which is his own fault). Again, 3rd best player out for the playoffs, and second best is maybe 50% in the chicago series, barely played in the 3rd round.

No they weren't, again doe ray Lebron.. did the Cavs miss their leader and arguably their best player for 2 games in the conference semi finals?

and of course you just keep dodging the fact that Lebron played horrible to begin that bulls series, yet had the luxury of playing against teams that were so bad it didn't matter if he shot 10-30 with 8 turnovers.. they were still in position to win.. which not only speaks to the depth of the Cavs but the shit conference that is the East

CURRY DOESN'T HAVE THIS LUXURY.. you'll keep ignoring this though

I suppose, but I'd have preferred the Cavs face the Pelicans since they don't have players that will intentionally rip your shoulder out.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: yeah I'm sure you'd rather have your team face the ****ing Celtics than face the best big in the league

Again... your pointing out injuries... but COMPLETELY ignoring that the Cavs had more significant injuries than any of those teams. If the Warriors were injured and made it through those injured West teams, you'd have a solid point, but you don't.

Again, the Warriors didn't go on some historic 3 rounds against elite competition. Neither did the Cavs. Neither team has been really tested in the playoffs

never said they were elite, or historic, but they are great teams who would have worn out the Cavs by now, there is no team in the east other than the Cavs who have the talent that the Rockets do, or the size that the Grizzlies do or that level of star that the Pelicans do.

TheMarkMadsen
05-29-2015, 11:34 PM
Yeah, but when did he get hurt?
Did you even watch the game?

can you not read??

Hawks lost by 3..

livinglegend
05-29-2015, 11:37 PM
can you not read??

Yes I can read.

This is from post #17.

OWNED

Legends66NBA7
05-29-2015, 11:41 PM
I'll put it this way...

The Cavs would MUCH rather play the Pelicans, the Grizzlies w/ Conley/allen injured, and the Rockets w/o 2 starters if it's a guarantee that Love and Irving will be 100% healthy all playoffs, and 100% for the finals

Where as the Warriors wouldn't want to play 3 rounds in the east to make the finals if it meant Klay Thompson would be hobbled/unable to defend for the finals, and Draymond Green or Bogut being out for the season.

Do the same injuries apply to the East opponents ?

J Shuttlesworth
05-29-2015, 11:46 PM
what's your point with this, even the team you bring up as an example of a team that had a hard path (Mavs) were fortunate to face teams with injuries to star players

The Mavs were able to beat a full strength OKC Thunder, and swept the Lakers before making the finals. GSW didn't do anything as impressive as beating the Thunder in the playoffs so far.

No they weren't, again doe ray Lebron.. did the Cavs miss their leader and arguably their best player for 2 games in the conference semi finals?

and of course you just keep dodging the fact that Lebron played horrible to begin that bulls series, yet had the luxury of playing against teams that were so bad it didn't matter if he shot 10-30 with 8 turnovers.. they were still in position to win.. which not only speaks to the depth of the Cavs but the shit conference that is the East

CURRY DOESN'T HAVE THIS LUXURY.. you'll keep ignoring this though
lol are you saying Gasol was the Bulls best player? He's the third best. Rose was playing well in that series outside of Game 6, and Butler was easily the best player for the Bulls in the playoffs. And what does it matter if the Bulls missed Gasol for 2 games when the Cavs didnt' have Love for the whole series?
And really, this isn't about LeBron, it's about the teams.. but LeBron lead the series in Points, rebounds, assists, and blocks. Despite his efficiency and turnovers, he still did what it took to win. And again, none of this is detracting from the point that the Warriors didn't go on some elite run to beat 3 west powerhouses. They faced injured teams too, and cake-walked through them.

yeah I'm sure you'd rather have your team face the ****ing Celtics than face the best big in the league
If it means not losing Kevin Love? Absolutely. Celtics were a dirty ass team.

never said they were elite, or historic, but they are great teams who would have worn out the Cavs by now, there is no team in the east other than the Cavs who have the talent that the Rockets do, or the size that the Grizzlies do or that level of star that the Pelicans do.
Agree to disagree. Those teams weren't great. They would be great if they were healthy, but they weren't. The Spurs and Clippers were the greatest teams in the WC playoffs, but both choked in their own ways. Think about the fact that Curry was being covered by Prigioni/Terry in the last series, and the Dubs could literally play 5 vs. 4 on defense against the Grizzlies.

The dubs simply haven't faced any real adversity in the playoffs outside of the 2 games that the Grizzlies had all their players healthy.

And again, I'd rather have Kevin Love/Kyrie Irving 100% and have to face those 3 west teams than to be hobbled/injured for the entire playoffs.

J Shuttlesworth
05-29-2015, 11:49 PM
Do the same injuries apply to the East opponents ?
Yes. You get to play the hobbled east teams, but again, you have 50% of Klay Thompson and no Bogut (or Green... I can't decide who the warriors 3rd best player is). In the finals, you still have those same injuries but have to face a 100% healthy Cavs team.

FreezingTsmoove
05-30-2015, 12:22 AM
Feels like 2011

AussieG
05-30-2015, 12:24 AM
This reminds me of 93

If LeBron was as good as Jordan I'd agree with you. And that Bulls team had already won championships together, this Cavs team is new to the finals. Other than LeBron who was with Miami last year.

It'll be easier to compare it once the series starts and you see how people actually play.

veilside23
05-30-2015, 12:30 AM
If LeBron was as good as Jordan I'd agree with you. And that Bulls team had already won championships together, this Cavs team is new to the finals. Other than LeBron who was with Miami last year.

It'll be easier to compare it once the series starts and you see how people actually play.

dude will always favor lebron no matter what...

Kobe_6/8
05-30-2015, 02:15 AM
If it was OKC it would remind me of 91. GSW came out of nowhere this year, Jordan winning his first ring was looked forward to for years.

Sarcastic
05-30-2015, 03:12 AM
Feels nothing like 1991. Feels like 1993 with LeBron about to take out an overrated west team, that was only good in the regular season.

Mamba
05-30-2015, 03:48 AM

And don't use all-NBA selections when those players are missing chunks of their supporting casts. I could something equally as stupid and say the Cavs beat a 4 all star team, but i'm smart enough to understand how irrelevant that is, just like Curry facing the All-NBA players with injured support.
dude....don't waste your time writing a logical argument...just don't...its ISH let the kids run wild

masonanddixon
05-30-2015, 03:51 AM
This is actually the worst Finals teams of all time. No dominant players, no post play whatsoever.

ballinhun8
05-30-2015, 05:32 PM
This reminds me of 93

You weren't even born in 2003. Shut your damn mouth.

Legends66NBA7
05-30-2015, 05:49 PM
The Warriors are getting shafted here. Never expected this.

Clyde
05-30-2015, 10:14 PM

You should be banned for mentioning their names together

houston
05-31-2015, 03:10 AM
yall overrate playoff runs:facepalm