PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Planning on attending a Finals game?

1manfastbreak
05-30-2015, 03:22 PM
This is kind of a dumb question since the majority of people on ISH are about 14 years old, but is anyone planning on actually going to a Finals game this year?

I've had the opportunity to go to a number of games this year and the ticket prices for the finals are absurd. I have a friend who has season tickets in row 2 (which I bought for $350 each in the first round) that are selling for $1650 each!! ridiculous, how can any normal fan afford to go to one of these games?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ue1r46.png

Even the upper deck seats are going for $750 a piece. Oracle is going to be full of a bunch of silicon valley nerds who don't even like basketball :facepalm

Does anybody know have any insight on what ticket prices are like in Cleveland?

swagga
05-30-2015, 03:40 PM
This is kind of a dumb question since the majority of people on ISH are about 14 years old, but is anyone planning on actually going to a Finals game this year?

I've had the opportunity to go to a number of games this year and the ticket prices for the finals are absurd. I have a friend who has season tickets in row 2 (which I bought for $350 each in the first round) that are selling for $1650 each!! ridiculous, how can any normal fan afford to go to one of these games?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2ue1r46.png

Even the upper deck seats are going for $750 a piece. Oracle is going to be full of a bunch of silicon valley nerds who don't even like basketball :facepalm

Does anybody know have any insight on what ticket prices are like in Cleveland?

close to 40 knicks fan here. I feel your pain son.

1manfastbreak
05-30-2015, 03:44 PM
close to 40 knicks fan here. I feel your pain son.

I didn't go to game 5 of the WCF in hopes of catching a finals game but I really don't know if that is even in the realm of possibility now.

J Shuttlesworth
05-30-2015, 03:50 PM
I was considering driving up to NorCal to see a game, but those ticket prices are just outrageous. I'd go if it were like $300ish

I already got to see the best game of the year though. Spurs/Clips game 7

VengefulAngel
05-30-2015, 03:52 PM
I was considering driving up to NorCal to see a game, but those ticket prices are just outrageous. I'd go if it were like $300ish

I already got to see the best game of the year though. Spurs/Clips game 7

Good choice dude, I've seen some tix for $500.

J Shuttlesworth
05-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Good choice dude, I've seen some tix for $500.
For Oracle? Yeah cheapest i've seen is $560. The problem is the drive would be 8 hours for me, and getting a hotel and all the other shit adds up so much. I really want to go to Oracle though. I'll try to check out a game during the RS next year when i'm officially living in SoCal.

1manfastbreak
05-30-2015, 04:24 PM
For Oracle? Yeah cheapest i've seen is $560. The problem is the drive would be 8 hours for me, and getting a hotel and all the other shit adds up so much. I really want to go to Oracle though. I'll try to check out a game during the RS next year when i'm officially living in SoCal.

I'm worried about prices next season too. you're going to have to fork over at least a couple of hundred just to get into the building on any given night.

I would highly recommend seeing a game live at Oracle, it is a great atmosphere for a basketball game.

coin24
05-30-2015, 04:34 PM
I'm worried about prices next season too. you're going to have to fork over at least a couple of hundred just to get into the building on any given night.

I would highly recommend seeing a game live at Oracle, it is a great atmosphere for a basketball game.

+1 it's a great atmosphere there, I caught a game there vs Dallas

I've been to a fair few regular season games but never playoffs or finals. Maybe next season if the lakers make it:oldlol:

1manfastbreak
05-31-2015, 02:36 PM
+1 it's a great atmosphere there, I caught a game there vs Dallas

I've been to a fair few regular season games but never playoffs or finals. Maybe next season if the lakers make it:oldlol:

playoffs are better in every sport. specially baseball, because the games actually matter.

Alamо
05-31-2015, 02:47 PM
Damn. I didn't expect the prices to be that outrageous. I went a WCF game last season and I was in the lower bowl like row 10 behind right OKC's bench.

Pretty much these seats for about 350 bucks

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2013/05/stub-hub-2.jpg

But I guess this is the finals though. Those prices are too high

1manfastbreak
05-31-2015, 02:53 PM
Damn. I didn't expect the prices to be that outrageous. I went a WCF game last season and I was in the lower bowl like row 10 behind right OKC's bench.

Pretty much these seats for about 350 bucks

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2013/05/stub-hub-2.jpg

But I guess this is the finals though. Those prices are too high

another thing about the Warriors, they are in a very large market. If you think about it, most of the largest markets have two teams, (NY, LA) where as the Warriors are the bay's team that covers SF, Oakland, San Jose and the Silicon Valley, not to mention the North Bay. Now that the team is good, there is a crazy demand for tickets that just drive the prices through the roof.

http://i60.tinypic.com/fcr0x3.jpg

I sat here in game one of the first round for $350 ea. These are the same seats I was talking about earlier that are going for $1650 ea. for game one of the finals. I asked the girl to save me some finals tickets after I bought them for the first round and she laughed at me :cry:

Taller than CP3
05-31-2015, 03:01 PM
The trick is to be there Live while watching a stream of the game on your phone so it feels like you're sitting courtside.

1manfastbreak
05-31-2015, 06:05 PM
The trick is to be there Live while watching a stream of the game on your phone so it feels like you're sitting courtside.

like the OG's who go to baseball games and listen to the game on their headphones. :roll:

Inferno
05-31-2015, 06:27 PM
Oracle's live, everyone who can should definitely go there at least once :applause:

Doubt I'll be going to any Finals games though, shit's too expensive

dubeta
05-31-2015, 06:29 PM
Through a hookup I have 2 tickets for Game 1 Section 114, and for Game 2 Section 107. Selling at face value. PM me for details.

bdreason
06-01-2015, 03:00 AM
I looked into tickets. Cheapest I found for game 1 was $600 for nose-bleeds. Add in a flight to the Bay and it would run me around a grand. I'm still trying to convince one of my friends from the Bay to go with me, so we'll see.

ISHGoat
06-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Considered driving down to Cleveland from Toronto with my boys but none of them wanna fork out the 600 USD for garbage seats + take a vacation day ($300) + book a hotel ($100) + gas ($100) + food ($100). It's looking to be like at least $1000 for one person to see one game from Toronto to Cleveland :(

Rose'sACL
06-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Considered driving down to Cleveland from Toronto with my boys but none of them wanna fork out the 600 USD for garbage seats + take a vacation day ($300) + book a hotel ($100) + gas ($100) + food ($100). It's looking to be like at least $1000 for one person to see one game from Toronto to Cleveland :(
i just can't go on any road trip which is more than 150 miles one way.

ISHGoat
06-01-2015, 09:09 AM
i just can't go on any road trip which is more than 150 miles one way.

dayum *****, your parents never took you on road trips as a kid?