PDA

View Full Version : Can bron break into the top 10?

Straight_Ballin
05-30-2015, 09:53 PM
As it's been already well established by anyone with an active sex life, the current top 10 is:

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Duncan
6. Bird
7. Magic
8. Shaq
9. Kobe
10. Hakeem

I think that if Bron becomes 3/6, he bumps Hakeem down to number 11, and argueably Kobe down to number 10. Although he doesn't have as many rings as Kobe, 5 straight finals appearances (even though in a weak east) does have some merit yet offset by his ring chasing phenomena.

Jacks3
05-30-2015, 09:55 PM
He's already top 10.

dubeta
05-30-2015, 09:56 PM
As it's been already well established by anyone with an active sex life, the current top 10 is:

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Duncan
6. Bird
7. Magic
8. Shaq
9. Kobe
10. Hakeem

I think that if Bron becomes 3/6, he bumps Hakeem down to number 11, and argueably Kobe down to number 10. Although he doesn't have as many rings as Kobe, 5 straight finals appearances (even though in a weak east) does have some merit yet offset by his ring chasing phenomena.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Its past your bed time, little guy.

Straight_Ballin
05-30-2015, 09:57 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Its past your bed time, little guy.

Says the lil guy who's been losing sleep over the possibility of Bran going 2/6 as evidenced by his posting all night long on ISH.

Uh huh......:facepalm

Straight_Ballin
05-30-2015, 10:00 PM
LOL wtf? He's sitting at #4 All-Time right now..

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. LeBron James
5. Kobe Bryant

If he wins this year he has a solid case for GOAT.

lol not even close. Putting way to much weight on finals appearances when playing in a weak eastern conference. If ISH were to have a vote right now, after 200+ votes (weed out the kids) LeBron would be #11 as it currently stands.

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2015, 10:01 PM
lol not even close. Putting way to much weight on finals appearances when playing in a weak eastern conference. If ISH were to have a vote right now, after 200 votes LeBron would be #11 as it currently stands.

ISH had their shitty vote last year and he clogged in about 10 more votes than Hakeem.

Straight_Ballin
05-30-2015, 10:06 PM
ISH had their shitty vote last year and he clogged in about 10 more votes than Hakeem.

Probably squeaked in with 1-2 votes most likely. Just found it. 44 votes to put him in the top 10.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374223

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2015, 10:08 PM
Probably squeaked in with 1-2 votes most likely. Just found it. 44 votes to put him in the top 10.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374223

thats not the one though.. russwest did a shitty one last year where he broke the voting up like hours before everyone finished AND miscounted so he could drop off Hakeem at 10 :lol

funny guy

Kvnzhangyay
05-30-2015, 10:25 PM

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Duncan
6. Bird
7. Magic
8. Shaq
9. Kobe
10. Hakeem

Anyone that has to talk about being able to get chicks on a ****ing basketball forum obviously is a virgin :roll: :roll: :roll:

kennethgriffin
05-30-2015, 11:21 PM

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. LeBron James
5. Kobe Bryant

at worst lebrons top 11-12

hes more than likely top 10 fringe

at best hes 6-10 ( on even the most lebron loving media outlet )

i can see him passing hakeem and being tied with guys like shaq/bird/wilt

but even with a ring this year hes still gotta be behind

jordan
russell
kareem
magic
kobe
duncan

all these guys have 5+ rings and winning finals records

greatest-ever
05-31-2015, 12:02 AM
He's already clearly top 10 unless you're a dumbass that knows nothing about basketball.

kamil
05-31-2015, 12:15 AM
Bird > LeBron*

Anyone who takes LeCollusion over Larry Legend is an idiot.

FKAri
05-31-2015, 12:54 AM
Whether he should be or shouldn't be won't matter. The media will fit him in regardless I feel. ESPN can be a very powerful force of influence.

Fudge
05-31-2015, 12:56 AM
I don't know, but..

LeBron James.

DFish24
05-31-2015, 01:00 AM
If he wins he bumps Hakeem to #11 on my list. If he loses he enters Jerry West territory at #12-15.

Kvnzhangyay
05-31-2015, 01:38 AM
Bird > LeBron*

Anyone who takes LeCollusion over Larry Legend is an idiot.

more like you weren't old enough to watch Bird if you put him ahead of Bron

24-Inch_Chrome
05-31-2015, 02:29 AM
He's 10th for me as is.

illmaticone
05-31-2015, 02:37 AM

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Duncan
6. Bird
7. Magic
8. Shaq
9. Kobe
10. Hakeem

I pretty much agree with this list, however I would switch around Bird and Duncan. But yeah LeBron is currently #11, if he wins this year I'd put him above Hakeem and Kobe. Otherwise he stays locked in at #11.

r0drig0lac
05-31-2015, 09:03 AM
good list, just put Russell about KAJ and replace Hakeem with Lebron

pauk
05-31-2015, 09:44 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/frtrll.gif

diamenz
05-31-2015, 07:27 PM
lebron ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision'. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Rose'sACL
05-31-2015, 07:46 PM
lebron ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision'. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.
every player in the league for next couple of decades at least should thank lebron. He has made it cool to not be forced by old narrative that you have to loyal to a privately owned team when that team is never loyal to any player and would trade you anytime you start playing badly.

Now players don't have to face as much backlash for leaving a team because the team's front office is just not good enough. if teams can trade players when they are not good enough then players can leave for another team if the front office of their current team is not good enough.

LeBron moved 2-3 places up in all time list just because of that. He gets bonus points for showing pat riley who the boss really is.

Meticode
05-31-2015, 07:50 PM
If he brings Cleveland it's first city championship in 140+ seasons combined between the Indians, Cavaliers and Browns and basically leading them to the Finals without Love and a hobbled Irving and winning it? He's automatically in the top ten.

Drake said it best. He could've stayed in Miami and won another 1-2 titles with Miami and everyone would be like, "LeBron won another title with Miami." But if he goes back to Cleveland, he can win one for the ages. One title in Cleveland and bringing it to that city is worth multiple championships in Miami.

COnDEMnED
05-31-2015, 07:52 PM
A few more finals appearance jumps him straight to number 11...right Lebronies?

boldarblood
05-31-2015, 07:55 PM

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. LeBron James
5. Kobe Bryant

Its debatable if he is in the top 5-10 but to say GOAT, you are under 25. He's the best of the 2000+ generation but goat, not even close.

jzek
05-31-2015, 07:55 PM
If he's not in your top 10 then you are a legit hater.

No TRUE NBA fan has him outside of top 10.

pauk
05-31-2015, 08:04 PM

Jordan ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to stay with arguably the most stacked team ever, not a true competitor. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Russell ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to stay with the most stacked team ever, not a true competitor, got carried many times, not even the 5th best scorer in his team + he played in 60s. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Kareem ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to go to Lakers, get Magic and stay with arguably the most stacked team ever, got carried a couple of times. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Magic ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to not get drafted to the NBA if he didnt play for Kareem/Lakers, arguably the most stacked team ever, got carried a couple of times, even by James Worthy. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Bird ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to enter immediately to a stacked team who carried him to his 1st championship by Maxwell in a Finals performance that was worse than even Lebrons 11' Finals & stay with arguably the most stacked team ever. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Shaq ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to leave Orlando, go to Lakers, get Kobe, win a few rings and then leave again and collude with Wade and get a ring. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Duncan ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to stay with Robinson, win a ring in a lockout season after Jordan left, get Parker/Manu & GOAT coach, get carried to rings, even by Kawhi. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Wilt ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to collude with West/Baylor and get carried to a championship, having only 1 fmvp & 2 rings + he played in 60s. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Kobe ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to stay with the most dominant player ever and get handed 3 rings on a silverplate as a sidekick. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Hakeem ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to get gifted all his 2 championships due to a Jordan vacation. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

ILLsmak
05-31-2015, 08:07 PM

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. LeBron James
5. Kobe Bryant

wow. I actually liked the original list. I can get behind it. Would disagree with some things, but his list is way better than yours. No way those guys are 4 and 5. No fakn way. Still I do think Bron is at least tied for 10th now. Probably above Kobe and Hakeem.

-Smak

BlazerRed
05-31-2015, 08:19 PM

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. LeBron James
5. Kobe Bryant

Terrible, terrible list.

G0ATbe
05-31-2015, 08:29 PM
With how the weak the east is, he's probably going to retire 1.5*/9 or 1.5*/10 and he's currently like 30-35 spots away from top 10 so realistically, no.

pauk
05-31-2015, 08:33 PM
wow. I actually liked the original list. I can get behind it. Would disagree with some things, but his list is way better than yours. No way those guys are 4 and 5. No fakn way. Still I do think Bron is at least tied for 10th now. Probably above Kobe and Hakeem.

-Smak

Hakeem has no case over Lebron or Kobe (well, maybe Kobe in a way due to talent). Not only do they have more of the significant accolades but also as far as talent goes although its kindof debatable between Kobe/Hakeem its not for Lebron/Hakeem as Lebron sure to the hell was more prominent individually as a talent & provided at the very worst the same domination, impact, productions, except for a very longer team & hence better peak.... being the best player for very very long & achieving things/more things as that (without the actual best player taking a vacation), you name it, Lebron has him beat, he doesnt have a DPOY but even that he was robbed of (2013) (http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/24/grizzlies-marc-gasol-named-kia-defensive-player-of-the-year/). If Hakeem has a case with that resume then Moses has a case aswell.... why not...

At least use Oscar Robertson to try and dig Kobe/Lebron out, if you hate them... because sure Oscar doesnt have enough of accolades (like the total of rings/fmvps/mvps) but neither does Wilt to go up against Lebron or Kobe... so u can use at least that Wilt/Stats criteria because Oscar sure can match that in his way, his 30 point triple double average in 5 seasons way....

or you can use the ring criteria and go with like Havlicek over them or something.... 8 rings, 1 fmvp.... 8/8 in Finals, GOAT at that, so if u are a "X of X in Finals" warrior you sure will love him...

But there is no criteria you can use to bring Hakeem over especially Lebron... unless you are ranking your top 10 by strictly DEFENSE.... but then the top 10 will completely change aswell, up to you....

ILLsmak
05-31-2015, 08:34 PM
Hakeem has no case over Lebron or Kobe (well, maybe Kobe in a way, ill explain). Not only do they have more of the significant accolades but also as far as talent goes although its kindof debatable between Kobe/Hakeem its not for Lebron/Hakeem as Lebron sure to the hell was more prominent individually, dominant, impactful, productions, being the best player for very very long & achieving things/more things as that (without the actual best player taking a vacation), you name it, Lebron has him beat, he doesnt have a DPOY but even that he was robbed of (2013) (http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/24/grizzlies-marc-gasol-named-kia-defensive-player-of-the-year/). If Hakeem has a case with that resume then Moses has a case aswell....

At least use Oscar Robertson to try and dig Kobe/Lebron out, if you hate them... because sure Oscar doesnt have enough of accolades (like the total of rings/fmvps/mvps) but neither does Wilt to go up against Lebron or Kobe... so u can use at least that Wilt/Stats criteria because Oscar sure can match that in his way, his 30 point triple double average in 5 seasons way....

I don't hate any bball dudes. heh.

I think Hakeem has a strong case against current Bron. As does Kobe. For me, tho, I put LeBron above them. Just like I'd probably throw Kareem at 1.

-Smak

Kingwillball
05-31-2015, 08:36 PM
When it's all said and done lebron will easily be in top 5 and probably top 2.. Since he will go down as a more dynamic bird and magic type of player he passes both. he will be in top 4 with MJ Kareem Russell. Wilt can't make top 5 as 3rd rated center on list playing subpar comp.

Straight_Ballin
05-31-2015, 08:44 PM
I would be interested in seeing a poll done where only fans who watched Kareem, Wilt, Jordan and the rest of the top 10 were allowed to vote. I'm curious to see what would come of that. I think I'll weigh the majority of such a poll over some bran stan that doesn't even live in the states and has never even been to a live game....

pauk
05-31-2015, 08:53 PM
I don't hate any bball dudes. heh.

I think Hakeem has a strong case against current Bron. As does Kobe. For me, tho, I put LeBron above them. Just like I'd probably throw Kareem at 1.

-Smak

Why? Its your opinion and i respect it, im just horribly curious to know what could possibly be the thought process which could cause some human on this earth to actually rank Hakeem over Lebron.

Its hard for me to comprehend, because its extremly simple:

Lebron has more accolades. √
Lebron had a better & longer peak. √
Lebron was just as & if not more (i personally say more) overall talented, impactful, dominant, productive as he was that for a longer & more consistent time aswell. √

What more is there?

illmaticone
05-31-2015, 08:54 PM
Hakeem has no case over Lebron or Kobe (well, maybe Kobe in a way due to talent). Not only do they have more of the significant accolades but also as far as talent goes although its kindof debatable between Kobe/Hakeem its not for Lebron/Hakeem as Lebron sure to the hell was more prominent individually as a talent & provided at the very worst the same domination, impact, productions, except for a very longer team & hence better peak.... being the best player for very very long & achieving things/more things as that (without the actual best player taking a vacation), you name it, Lebron has him beat, he doesnt have a DPOY but even that he was robbed of (2013) (http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/24/grizzlies-marc-gasol-named-kia-defensive-player-of-the-year/). If Hakeem has a case with that resume then Moses has a case aswell.... why not...

or you can use the ring criteria and go with like Havlicek over them or something.... 8 rings, 1 fmvp.... 8/8 in Finals, GOAT at that, so if u are a "X of X in Finals" warrior you sure will love him...

But there is no criteria you can use to bring Hakeem over especially Lebron... unless you are ranking your top 10 by strictly DEFENSE.... but then the top 10 will completely change aswell, up to you....

I can't believe how much Hakeem gets underrated on this board. Did you watch him play? I can understand someone trying to argue LeBron > Hakeem, but to say Hakeem has no case is just silly. Hakeem is one of the best defenders the NBA has ever seen, and in terms of post-moves he's probably one of the most skilled big-men ever.

Even looking it at it from simplistic standpoint. Hakeem won 2 championships (the same as LeBron) one of which is the greatest playoff run of all time. He went through extremely difficult competition with a much weaker supporting cast than other superstars with rings. He also took a pretty weak team to the finals and won 2 games vs. the greatest team of all time, the '86 Celtics.

Ranking players in the top-10 is subjective to what you value most, but to me it's difficult to find reasoning to put LeBron above Hakeem.

Hey Yo
05-31-2015, 09:06 PM
at worst lebrons top 11-12

hes more than likely top 10 fringe

at best hes 6-10 ( on even the most lebron loving media outlet )

i can see him passing hakeem and being tied with guys like shaq/bird/wilt

but even with a ring this year hes still gotta be behind

jordan
russell
kareem
magic
kobe
duncan

all these guys have 5+ rings and winning finals records
:oldlol:

Same Magic who couldn't play defense or shoot a jumpshot?

Same Magic who played in 9 Finals in 12 seasons.... yet only beat twelve 50+ win teams in the postseason?

pauk
05-31-2015, 09:11 PM
I can't believe how much Hakeem gets underrated on this board. Did you watch him play? I can understand someone trying to argue LeBron > Hakeem, but to say Hakeem has no case is just silly. Hakeem is one of the best defenders the NBA has ever seen, and in terms of post-moves he's probably one of the most skilled big-men ever.

Even looking it at it from simplistic standpoint. Hakeem won 2 championships (the same as LeBron) one of which is the greatest playoff run of all time. He went through extremely difficult competition with a much weaker supporting cast than other superstars with rings. He also took a pretty weak team to the finals and won 2 games vs. the greatest team of all time, the '86 Celtics.

Ranking players in the top-10 is subjective to what you value most, but to me it's difficult to find reasoning to put LeBron above Hakeem.

I have seen him play, live, very thoroughly... and he is right up there as one of the greatest talents i ever seen, according to me the greatest overall individual baller i ever seen at his position (with Shaq and David Robinson, now THAT guy is underrated)...... but Lebron is that aswell, right up there, and as far as his position he sure is the best talent i ever seen...

EXCEPT.. the difference here is, accolades... results... outcome... all in all Lebron has a better resume... which is not only better than Hakeem but has a strong case for that at his position aswell (unlike Hakeem)...

Hakeem is not underrated, never was, especially not when somebody can rank him over Lebron... then i think its actually more like he is overrated and Lebron is instead underrated....

Lebrons resume/accolades/peak etc. everything is extremly comparable to Bird... look it up & compare everything.... If Hakeem has a case over Lebron then he has so against Bird aswell.... and you sure dont think that, you sure dont rank Hakeem over Bird huh?

If like you say its "difficult to find reasoning to put LeBron above Hakeem" then the only underrated guy between these two here is Lebron, considering the difference in accolades etc. it would mean you are underrating Lebron to an EPIC LEVEL.

Beastmode88
05-31-2015, 09:13 PM
Why? Its your opinion and i respect it, im just horribly curious to know what could possibly be the thought process which could cause some human on this earth to actually rank Hakeem over Lebron.

Its hard for me to comprehend, because its extremly simple:

Lebron has more accolades. √
Lebron had a better & longer peak. √
Lebron was just as & if not more (i personally say more) overall talented, impactful, dominant, productive as he was that for a longer & more consistent time aswell. √

What more is there?

Hakeem won 2 rings with less talents. He did not need to take his talents to south beach.

Mrofir
05-31-2015, 09:15 PM

1. Jordan
2. Kareem
3. Russell
4. Wilt
5. Duncan
6. Bird
7. Magic
8. Shaq
9. Kobe
10. Hakeem

Your top 10 is all the right names, but I disagree with your order. Good enough though. As a non hater and a non fanboy I would say Lebron is solidly 10 with a finals win this year.

If he repeats in Cleveland and appears in 6 straight finals his position skyrockets in my opinion. Maybe as high as #5..

If Cavs lose this year, Love resigns, and they win next year. I'd say he's at #8 at that point. Right around Shaq level.

People just forget how insanely dominant all the players on this list were. Shaq made me basically stop watching the nba for 3 years because there was just no point. And he's #8 on your list and in a similar place on most lists. It's hard to break into this list.

illmaticone
05-31-2015, 09:17 PM
I have seen him play, live, very thoroughly... and he is right up there as one of the greatest talents i ever seen, according to me the greatest overall individual baller i ever seen at his position (with Shaq and David Robinson, now THAT guy is underrated)...... but Lebron is that aswell, right up there, and as far as his position, he sure is the best talent i ever seen...

EXCEPT.. the difference here is, accolades... results... outcome... all in all Lebron has a better resume... which is not only better than Hakeem but has a strong case for that at his position aswell (unlike Hakeem)...

Hakeem is not underrated, never was, especially not when somebody can rank him over Lebron... then i think its actually more like he is overrated and Lebron is instead underrated....

Lebrons resume/accolades/peak etc. everything is extremly comparable to Bird... look it up & compare everything.... If Hakeem has a case over Lebron then has so against Bird aswell.... and you sure dont think that, you sure dont rank Hakeem over Bird huh?

I agree with LeBron being one of the best at his position (#2 behind Bird). But to me Hakeem is just the better player. I would take Hakeem's overall package over LeBron's. The only reason he only had 2 rings was because of his supporting cast and he played in a era where the west was extremely tough. We all know LBJ is playing in a very weak Eastern Conference, not taking away from his skills, but when evaluating accomplishments, I value Hakeem's over LeBron's.

Hakeem was just a great playoff performer, probably one of the best, but it gets overlooked because he didn't have the greatest team. To each their own I guess, but I don't believe LeBron is better than Hakeem.

Lebron23
05-31-2015, 09:19 PM
top 7-8 right now. Top 3-5 if he wins another finals MVP. He's the greatest small forward of all time.

Hey Yo
05-31-2015, 09:22 PM
Hakeem won 2 rings with less talents. He did not need to take his talents to south beach.
So that means Hakeem lead the team in MP, points, rebounds, assists and steals like LeBron did in his B2B championships?

TheMan
05-31-2015, 09:26 PM
Jordan ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to stay with arguably the most stacked team ever, not a true competitor. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Russell ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to stay with the most stacked team ever, not a true competitor, got carried many times, not even the 5th best scorer in his team + he played in 60s. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Kareem ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to go to Lakers, get Magic and stay with arguably the most stacked team ever, got carried a couple of times. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Magic ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to not get drafted to the NBA if he didnt play for Kareem/Lakers, arguably the most stacked team ever, got carried a couple of times, even by James Worthy. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Bird ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to enter immediately to a stacked team who carried him to his 1st championship by Maxwell in a Finals performance that was worse than even Lebrons 11' Finals & stay with arguably the most stacked team ever. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Shaq ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to leave Orlando, go to Lakers, get Kobe, win a few rings and then leave again and collude with Wade and get a ring. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Duncan ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to stay with Robinson, win a ring in a lockout season after Jordan left, get Parker/Manu & GOAT coach, get carried to rings, even by Kawhi. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Wilt ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to collude with West/Baylor and get carried to a championship, having only 1 fmvp & 2 rings + he played in 60s. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Kobe ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to stay with the most dominant player ever and get handed 3 rings on a silverplate as a sidekick. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.

Hakeem ruined his top ten chances when he made 'the decision' to get gifted all his 2 championships due to a Jordan vacation. you just can't put someone like that in the top ten.
Meltdown :lol

dubeta
05-31-2015, 09:30 PM
Meltdown :lol

LOL a meltdown will be you in two weeks

TheMan
05-31-2015, 09:39 PM
LOL a meltdown will be you in two weeks
I don't get it, Silkk, I'm pulling for Bran and the Cavs in these Finals but if they lose, I ain't losing any sleep over it :confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
05-31-2015, 10:00 PM

1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2. Michael Jordan
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Bill Russell
5. Tim Duncan

Fixed.

COnDEMnED
06-01-2015, 12:10 AM
Fixed.
Put Bird and Magic before Duncan and you're getting somewhere. Duncan at best is 7th.

miles berg
06-01-2015, 08:32 AM
I have him too 5 right now.

Jordan
Wilt
Jabbar
Shaq
LeBron
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Russell
Hakeem

Rose'sACL
06-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Put Bird and Magic before Duncan and you're getting somewhere. Duncan at best is 7th.
duncan should be ranked higher that bird and magic. bird's peak was probably better than duncan's but duncan has him beat on longevity. Magic doesn't have any case over duncan both peak wise and longevity wise.

this is how ranking should be right now:
1. Jordan
2. Wilt
3. Kareem
4. Duncan
5. Magic
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. Kobe
9. LeBron
10. Hakeem
11. Russell

Quickening
06-01-2015, 09:48 AM
I have him too 5 right now.

Jordan
Wilt
Jabbar
Shaq
LeBron
Magic
Bird
Duncan
Russell
Hakeem

This

kells333
06-01-2015, 10:26 AM
How about this.... Lebron is the GIES(greatest ive ever seen). That shouldnt be debateable for most people on here

BlazerRed
06-01-2015, 10:28 AM
It's possible. If he can lead this injured Cleveland team to victory I think he can crack 10th place. MAYBE 9th.

Tarik One
06-01-2015, 10:46 AM
He's top 10, just above McGrady.

ShawkFactory
06-01-2015, 11:51 AM
It's possible. If he can lead this injured Cleveland team to victory I think he can crack 10th place. MAYBE 9th.
He's a top 10 lock if the Cavs win this series.

Lexington Steel
06-01-2015, 11:55 AM
He's right at #10 for me. If he destroys the ugly little boy and his ugly little clique, i'll rightfully slide him into the top 6.

Dro
06-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Sure, he's pretty much a lock for top 10...

BlazerRed
06-01-2015, 12:20 PM
He's a top 10 lock if the Cavs win this series.
That's pretty much what I said.

longtime lurker
06-01-2015, 12:21 PM
He's already top 10 and is better than Hakeem. One more title doesn't move the needle much if at all.

choppermagic
06-01-2015, 12:40 PM
duncan should be ranked higher that bird and magic. bird's peak was probably better than duncan's but duncan has him beat on longevity. Magic doesn't have any case over duncan both peak wise and longevity wise.

this is just wrong. Bird and Magic saved the NBA and defined their teams for a decade. Duncan is an awesome player but the Spurs/Pops system is a huge factor in that success, with other players carrying big bulk of the loads as a result.

If Bird or Magic didn't play, the other would have won 5-7 champions in the 1980s plus more MVPs. They just happen to coincide with each other, to the benefit of the fans.

Solefade
06-01-2015, 12:48 PM
he's already 7-10 in the top 10. a win against GSW as a huge underdog will move him into the top 5

Nastradamus
06-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Lebron and MJ, whatever order you put them in, are in a tier by themselves. THere might even be an empty tier between them and the next guys.