PDA

View Full Version : did Kobe overcome the most injuries/set backs out of any all time legend of any sport

kennethgriffin
05-30-2015, 10:01 PM
1997 - broken wrist ( wore cast and played )
2000 - broken hand at start of year/ badly sprained ankle in finals ( wore protective glove )
2003 - torn labrum/knee ( surgery during colorado incident )
2004 - aggravated shoulder ( wore protectice shoulder and knee sleeves all season )
2005 - ankle injury ( out over a month )
2008 - broken finger
2009 - dislocated finger
2010 - torn ligament in finger/hand
2011 - knee surgery
2013 - torn achilles
2014 - broken leg
2015 - torn right shoulder

how on earth did this guy carve out a legendary career under these circumstances

lebrons 2 for 6 and all he had in 12 years is a bad hairline

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e0/c2/c4/e0c2c46c23a09f82e2ff9eefee84ebff.jpg

dubeta
05-30-2015, 10:03 PM
No, but he's colluded the most out of any player this generation

1996- Jerry West collusion, foced Charlotte to trade him or he wouldve been in Italy. Already had a handshake agreement with the Lakers before the draft.

2004- Dream Team Collusion, Karl Malone, Gary Payton took paycuts, 4 HOFs, best at each position

2012- Dwight, Nash collusion, best starting 5 in the league. Still had Gasol and Artest as well

:facepalm

kennethgriffin
05-30-2015, 10:05 PM

1996- Jerry West collusion, foced Charlotte to trade him or he wouldve been in Italy. Already had a handshake agreement with the Lakers before the draft.

2004- Dream Team Collusion, Karl Malone, Gary Payton took paycuts, 4 HOFs, best at each position

2012- Dwight, Nash collusion, best starting 5 in the league. Still had Gasol and Artest as well

https://cdn1.lockerdome.com/uploads/2358c5ffa5194461dfa2dc43ddd4015613e61775558f256cdd a905dff2aac50f_large

JebronLames
05-30-2015, 10:07 PM
LeBron just made it to the finals with 5+ injuries.

Fallen Angel
05-30-2015, 10:08 PM
The finger is overrated, you can adjust your jumpshot to go without the use of a finger with repetition.

Injuries that aren't season ending are not that serious. I'm sure the average NBA player can play through a boo-boo or a sore body part during the course of an 82 game season.

Straight_Ballin
05-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Kennith exposing bron stans yet again. :lol

toxicxr6
05-30-2015, 10:11 PM
just so you know coming back from injury and playing like trash does not mean you have overcome anything since his Achilles injury he has been one of the worst players in the league

I hope he does come back next season so I can watch that trash can again

J Shuttlesworth
05-30-2015, 10:12 PM

Damn. Kolludebe is such a beta :facepalm

Doranku
05-30-2015, 10:14 PM
The finger is overrated, you can adjust your jumpshot to go without the use of a finger with repetition.

Injuries that aren't season ending are not that serious. I'm sure the average NBA player can play through a boo-boo or a sore body part during the course of an 82 game season.

:oldlol: A lot of perimeter players in the league can't shoot jumpshots with ten fully functional fingers.

And here you are trying to act like adjusting your jumpshot w/ dislocated/broken fingers on your shooting hand and remaining one of the best mid-range players in the game is a walk in the park. :oldlol:

f*ck outta here.

Fallen Angel
05-30-2015, 10:38 PM
:oldlol: A lot of perimeter players in the league can't shoot jumpshots with ten fully functional fingers.

And here you are trying to act like adjusting your jumpshot w/ dislocated/broken fingers on your shooting hand and remaining one of the best mid-range players in the game is a walk in the park. :oldlol:

f*ck outta here.
Obviously you're trying to sound smarky because you just posted a bunch of retardness.

If you're a really good shooter (I don't know why you're even bringing up perimeter players that can't shoot) then you can adjust your shooting form slightly to be effective without the use of a finger.

You're telling me players like Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Chris Paul, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, or Carmelo Anthony can't be effective shooting jumpshots with one dislocated finger on their shooting hand?

If you're trying to imagine non-shooters like Rajon Rondo and Lebron James being able to adjust to a dislocated finger then you are just trying hard to have an argument.

Don't bother replying with more of your stupidity.

EnoughSaid
05-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Wade has been ****ed over by injuries a lot. Could have been a Top 10 All Time Player if healthy.

plowking
05-30-2015, 10:53 PM
It truly is amazing.

I'm not talking about Kobe either. More so that Kobe fans hype up all these injuries, use them as excuses, Kobe sits out a bit, etc.
Yet Lebron gets injuries, barely misses any games, and he gets critiqued for faking injuries by Kobe fans.

Bizarre world.

kennethgriffin
05-30-2015, 10:55 PM
It truly is amazing.

I'm not talking about Kobe either. More so that Kobe fans hype up all these injuries, use them as excuses, Kobe sits out a bit, etc.
Yet Lebron gets injuries, barely misses any games, and he gets critiqued for faking injuries by Kobe fans.

Bizarre world.

Lmfao what?

Lebrons had a bruised elbow and dehydration

Kobes had broken bones. Torn ligaments, tendons, shoulders, multiple knee surgeries

And kobes played through mostly everything up until 2013

King Jane
05-30-2015, 10:56 PM
1997 - broken wrist ( wore cast and played )
2000 - broken hand at start of year/ badly sprained ankle in finals ( wore protective glove )
2003 - torn labrum/knee ( surgery during colorado incident )
2004 - aggravated shoulder ( wore protectice shoulder and knee sleeves all season )
2005 - ankle injury ( out over a month )
2008 - broken finger
2009 - dislocated finger
2010 - torn ligament in finger/hand
2011 - knee surgery
2013 - torn achilles
2014 - broken leg
2015 - torn right shoulder

how on earth did this guy carve out a legendary career under these circumstances

lebrons 2 for 6 and all he had in 12 years is a bad hairline
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-obpNp5gieFw/VWpeEcZSsfI/AAAAAAAAGXc/Yc1aj1gpvGg/s640/kobee.jpg

dubeta
05-30-2015, 10:58 PM
Lmfao what?

Kobes had broken bones. Torn ligaments, tendons, shoulders, multiple knee surgeries

And kobes played through mostly everything up until 2013

LOL, what about Lebrons knee injury that kept him out 2 weeks this season? It was the same one Kobe had in 2013-2014 season except Lebron trained to come back after 2 weeks, instead of sitting out the season. :facepalm

kennethgriffin
05-30-2015, 11:05 PM
LOL, what about Lebrons knee injury that kept him out 2 weeks this season? It was the same one Kobe had in 2013-2014 season except Lebron trained to come back after 2 weeks, instead of sitting out the season. :facepalm

kobes knee injuries required multiple surgeries and 4 germany experiments to replace the cartilage they cut out of his leg

:biggums:

dubeta
05-30-2015, 11:09 PM
kobes knee injuries required multiple surgeries and 4 germany experiments to replace the cartilage they cut out of his leg

:biggums:

You mean illegal PED experiments? There's a reason why those surgeries are banned in the States :facepalm

Kobe has been juicing since the 2008 season, thats why his body is breaking now, PED use has horrific long-term effects.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/is-kobe-blood-doping-what-those-trips-to-germany-are-r-1449096546

kennethgriffin
05-30-2015, 11:12 PM
You mean illegal PED experiments? There's a reason why those surgeries are banned in the States :facepalm

Kobe has been juicing since the 2008 season, thats why his body is breaking now, PED use has horrific long-term effects.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/is-kobe-blood-doping-what-those-trips-to-germany-are-r-1449096546

its a centrifuge that spins blood and separates healing cells. then injected directly into the knee

its his own blood. how can they ban your own blood

:lol

you = not educated

CavaliersFTW
05-30-2015, 11:14 PM
its a centrifuge that spins blood and separates healing cells. then injected directly into the knee

its his own blood. how can they ban your own blood

you = not educated
That's called blood doping...

dubeta
05-30-2015, 11:17 PM
http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/gbb74d32h6o8ww8qqu24.jpg

'Own blood'

Didnt know his body naturally produces Erythropoietin, Tamoxifen, and , tetrahydrogestrinon

Kobe = doper since 2008

All his accomplishments during that time carry heavy asterisks*

plowking
05-30-2015, 11:21 PM
Lmfao what?

My point exactly. Make Bron's injuries seem minor and play up any of Kobe's.

Bron doesn't have an injury to sit out his whole career, and the one time his elbow flares up, or he gets cramps, he gets ridiculed. His knee problems, and his recent back problems... People on his case again. Faking it, HGH injections...

I've never seen such a polar reaction to situations. I guess people just expect greatness from Bron all the time. He is that good now.

kennethgriffin
05-30-2015, 11:34 PM
http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/gbb74d32h6o8ww8qqu24.jpg

'Own blood'

Didnt know his body naturally produces Erythropoietin, Tamoxifen, and , tetrahydrogestrinon

Kobe = doper since 2008

All his accomplishments during that time carry heavy asterisks*

healing cells aren't red

Erythropoietin controls red blood cells

and i dunno why kobe would be using Tamoxifen... thats used to block estrogen

dubeta
05-30-2015, 11:36 PM
healing cells aren't red

http://www.adivastateofmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/KB5-227x300.jpg

:confusedshrug:

plowking
05-30-2015, 11:42 PM
healing cells aren't red

You read a bit on the internet, and now you want to look like you know shit... :oldlol:

sportjames23
05-30-2015, 11:53 PM
This thread delivers. :oldlol:

Taller than CP3
05-31-2015, 01:56 AM
I remember asking for his autograph back in 2000 when he had a broken hand and he looked at me like I was retarded or something. He could have at least tried signing it with his left hand.

Dave3
05-31-2015, 01:58 AM
You read a bit on the internet, and now you want to look like you know shit... :oldlol:
I still wanna know what these healing cells are...sound very magical.

chazzy
05-31-2015, 02:08 AM

Lol you moron, that link describes the opposite of what you're accusing him of doing.

"The treatment involved spinning samples of a Kobe's own blood to concentrate the platelets from the rest of the blood and then injecting the platelet rich portion of the blood back into his knee."

"There's simply no data to support the argument that additional platelets and their growth factors improve endurance or any other quantifiable measure of fitness. "

ImKobe
05-31-2015, 04:34 AM
to add on to that list, he played on a bad knee and had knee surgery at the end of the 06 season, knee drained during 2010 Playoffs, had shoulder injury during the 2012 pre-season, concussion and broken nose after ASB.

There's no player in NBA history that has suffered as many injuries and played through them so well.

AintNoSunshine
05-31-2015, 04:40 AM
Lebron has 5 injuries in one playoffs run, and he's top 5 all time already.

funnystuff
05-31-2015, 05:39 AM
long term effects of PED use = frailty

SexSymbol
05-31-2015, 05:57 AM

:wtf: :wtf:
without the use of your index finger? what the fock man, have you ever played ball?

BBallZen83
05-31-2015, 08:27 AM
Jesus, Kenneth. You're the damned energizer bunny.