PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli trade package

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 11:06 AM
Do you guys think any team picking in the top 10 would trade their pick for Barnes, Ezeli, and maybe a future 1st round pick? I really want to see WCS somehow end up on the Warriors. He would be a fantastic fit for the dubs. Bogut is old and injury prone. WCS can backup Bogut for his first 2 seasons and then take over as the starter.

NugzFan
05-31-2015, 11:07 AM
No

imdaman99
05-31-2015, 11:09 AM
So 'the best defense' in the NBA wants to add the best defensive player in the draft?

Geez, slow down. You're already stacked. Keep Bogut healthy.

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 11:22 AM
So 'the best defense' in the NBA wants to add the best defensive player in the draft?

Geez, slow down. You're already stacked. Keep Bogut healthy.

I know. It would be incredible to see WCS and Draymond on the same team. Amazing defensive versatility. WCS would benefit greatly by going to the Warriors. He gets to learn from Bogut.

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 11:24 AM
No

Are you sure? Barnes can be an efficient 18-20 PPG scorer with good D if given more touches.

QuebecBaller
05-31-2015, 11:27 AM
not a chance

Spurs5Rings2014
05-31-2015, 11:34 AM
How much more STACKED can you get?

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 12:27 PM
How much more STACKED can you get?

Well if some team were to miraculously accept this package for a top 10 pick and the dubs land WCS then they probably would target Durant in the 2016 offseason. So they could become much more STACKED.

ImKobe
05-31-2015, 12:29 PM
what do you have against Barnes? :kobe:

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 12:35 PM
what do you have against Barnes? :kobe:

Nothing Bro. Barnes is a very good young player. I just really want WCS on the Warriors. It's the perfect team for WCS. The dubs can hide his weaknesses and maximize his strengths.

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 01:02 PM
Honestly I could see the Kings pulling the trigger on this deal. Vivek Ranadive doesn't seem interested in a slow rebuild. He wants to win ASAP. He is also a former part owner of the Warriors so he has a relationship with them.

NugzFan
05-31-2015, 01:09 PM
Are you sure? Barnes can be an efficient 18-20 PPG scorer with good D if given more touches.

102% sure.

NugzFan
05-31-2015, 01:10 PM
Honestly I could see the Kings pulling the trigger on this deal. Vivek Ranadive doesn't seem interested in a slow rebuild. He wants to win ASAP. He is also a former part owner of the Warriors so he has a relationship with them.

Not happening

veilside23
05-31-2015, 02:23 PM
just imagine barnes in the east XD

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 02:30 PM
just imagine barnes in the east XD

IMO he would be an all star in the East. A lot of people are underrating Barnes. He just doesn't get that much touches since the Warriors are stacked.

ALBballer
05-31-2015, 02:32 PM
I don't follow the college but I find it hard to believe Barnes, a 22 year old player with potential, and Ezeli, a serviceable big man, is not worth a pick around 7 through 10.

ALBballer
05-31-2015, 02:33 PM

Make the trade and sign Goran Dragic:

PG: Dragic
SG: Rudy Gay
SF: Barnes
PF: Demarcus Cousins
C: Ezeli

Not a bad team at all.

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 02:39 PM
Make the trade and sign Goran Dragic:

PG: Dragic
SG: Rudy Gay
SF: Barnes
PF: Demarcus Cousins
C: Ezeli

Not a bad team at all.

Yeah. That team would fit Karl's system well. Barnes and Ezeli are good defenders too. That's a long and athletic team.

1manfastbreak
05-31-2015, 02:39 PM
I don't see GS parting ways with either of these players any time soon. David Lee is currently their highest paid player and his contract will be coming off the books soon.

Dubs will keep this team in tact. Mark Jackson is right, Ezeli can start for a lot of teams. He is just as big and athletic as Andrew Bogut and IMO just as good defensively.

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 02:58 PM
I don't see GS parting ways with either of these players any time soon. David Lee is currently their highest paid player and his contract will be coming off the books soon.

Dubs will keep this team in tact. Mark Jackson is right, Ezeli can start for a lot of teams. He is just as big and athletic as Andrew Bogut and IMO just as good defensively.

I don't know man. I'm very high on WCS. If the dubs can get him then they would be set long term at 4 positions: Curry, Klay, Green, and WCS. In 2016 they will have cap space to sign Durant!

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
WCS

Don't kill my pipe dream guys!

1manfastbreak
05-31-2015, 03:03 PM
I don't know man. I'm very high on WCS. If the dubs can get him then they would be set long term at 4 positions: Curry, Klay, Green, and WCS. In 2016 they will have cap space to sign Durant!

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
WCS

Don't kill my pipe dream guys!

Durnant is a sexy option but i really don't know the probability of that actually happening. Warriors already have their number 1.

I doubt they would want to commit top ten money to an unproven NBA player when you have a guy that you drafted who is already bigger and stronger with multiple years of playoff experience. I'd keep Barnes too, he is super young and is slowly coming into his own as an NBA player. His style of play fits the Warriors perfectly too.

Its pretty crazy to look back at the Dubs 2012 draft class.. literally got Harry Barnes by the flip of a coin, then draft Ezeli in the late first and Draymond in the 2nd round. unreal.

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 03:06 PM
Durnant is a sexy option but i really don't know the probability of that actually happening. Warriors already have their number 1.

I doubt they would want to commit top ten money to an unproven NBA player when you have a guy that you drafted who is already bigger and stronger with multiple years of playoff experience. I'd keep Barnes too, he is super young and is slowly coming into his own as an NBA player. His style of play fits the Warriors perfectly too.

Its pretty crazy to look back at the Dubs 2012 draft class.. literally got Harry Barnes by the flip of a coin, then draft Ezeli in the late first and Draymond in the 2nd round. unreal.

I respect your opinion. I just think that WCS on the dubs is a match made in heaven.

BlackWhiteGreen
05-31-2015, 03:10 PM
I could see Detroit pulling the trigger on that deal, typically coaches as GMs value players over picks and Stan Van won't be interested in a long rebuild imo.

The question is, will WCS be available there?

Cocaine80s
05-31-2015, 04:16 PM
Op you were a Laker fan until this past season... Calm ur ass down with all these trade proposals

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 04:53 PM
Op you were a Laker fan until this past season... Calm ur ass down with all these trade proposals

No I was a Warriors fan last season too. :oldlol:

1manfastbreak
05-31-2015, 05:00 PM
I respect your opinion. I just think that WCS on the dubs is a match made in heaven.

My thinking is that Barnes took a step up this season/post season and will definitely roll into next season with a lot more confidence, same with Ezeli.

I don't think a lot of people realize how valuable the "locker room atmosphere" is to teams as well. The dubs have had a solid core of young players (Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, Ezeli) who are learning how to win together mixed in with seasoned veterans who are willing to accept roles based on team needs (Iggy, DLee, Livingston, Bogut, Speights)

I think it would be overzealous to trade away your young core.

Genaro
05-31-2015, 05:13 PM
Barnes is too valuable for this team. He can play 3 positions, guard bigger players and offensively he's good when given touches, he can spot up, slash and cut very well. If you take him out, you probably start Iggy, lose some depth and the 2nd unit takes a hit.

WCS maybe will be good, maybe will be a bust but anyway he will take some time, I don't think he's the right player for a team in win now mode. Even if they don't win this year, they will try to contend again next year, they don't have the time to develop a rookie.

longtime lurker
05-31-2015, 05:14 PM
I can only see a team like Charlotte doing a trade like this.

1manfastbreak
05-31-2015, 05:20 PM
another thing to keep in mind is that Bogut is the defensive anchor and quarterback if you will. Draymond brings the energy but Bogut is extremely vocal and i would match his toughness with anyone in the league. Bogut is a top 5 center in this league, and the fact that the warriors don't need to play him more than 20-25 minutes a game is perfect.

RedBlackAttack
05-31-2015, 05:32 PM
IMO he would be an all star in the East. A lot of people are underrating Barnes. He just doesn't get that much touches since the Warriors are stacked.
An All-Star?

They basically take 5-6 forwards every year. Usually, there is no deliniation between SF and PF. So, Harrison Barnes is going to make the ASG over which of these guys?

LeBron James F
Carmelo Anthony F
Paul George F
Jimmy Butler G-F
Kevin Love F
Chris Bosh C-F
Al Horford C-F
Paul Millsap F
Pau Gasol C-F
Tristan Thompson F (yep, officially on the radar)
David West F
DeMarre Carroll F
Greg Monroe F

I don't think Barnes is better than any of those guys. And that's just 13 guys off the top of my head. He'd have to be in the upper half of that list. Then you have up and comers like Noel, Jabari Parker and others...

Don't see it happening.

Ca$H
05-31-2015, 06:06 PM
An All-Star?

They basically take 5-6 forwards every year. Usually, there is no deliniation between SF and PF. So, Harrison Barnes is going to make the ASG over which of these guys?

LeBron James F
Carmelo Anthony F
Paul George F
Jimmy Butler G-F
Kevin Love F
Chris Bosh C-F
Al Horford C-F
Paul Millsap F
Pau Gasol C-F
Tristan Thompson F (yep, officially on the radar)
David West F
DeMarre Carroll F
Greg Monroe F

I don't think Barnes is better than any of those guys. And that's just 13 guys off the top of my head. He'd have to be in the upper half of that list. Then you have up and comers like Noel, Jabari Parker and others...

Don't see it happening.

I think he can become as good as Jimmy Butler.

MiseryCityTexas
05-31-2015, 07:23 PM
Barnes killed Ariza in game 5.

SwishSquared
05-31-2015, 10:48 PM
I could definitely see Riley pull the trigger on a deal to land Barnes & Ezeli for this year's #10. Maybe he can coax something else out of GSW, but I doubt they'd do the deal. If he got a rotation wing for one of their exceptions, bring back Deng, and re-signed Wade/Dragic, they'd have pretty good depth actually.

Dragic-Wade-Barnes-Bosh-Whiteside
Chalmers-Shooter TBD-Deng-McBob-Ezeli
Napier, Johnson, Ennis, and Birdman

That's a team that could make some noise in the EC playoffs imo, assuming they have good health.

warriorfan
05-31-2015, 10:50 PM

This whole post was good and then it got super :biggums: at the end :lol