PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love Expects To Play For Cavs Next Season, Return From Shoulder Injury For Open

nba_55
05-31-2015, 02:48 PM
https://twitter.com/mcten

EAT SHIT HATERS!:lol :lol

lilteapot
05-31-2015, 02:50 PM
Only an idiot thought he would leave, right when he was finally finding his groove with the team

nba_55
05-31-2015, 02:50 PM
Only an idiot thought he would leave, right when he was finally finding his groove with the team

That would be 80% of the forum

funnystuff
05-31-2015, 02:51 PM
People actually truly thought he was leaving?

Kinda figured it was jokes when those ghettolords like real14 said it.

Nash
05-31-2015, 02:52 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

FlashDwyaneWade3
05-31-2015, 03:01 PM
Don't put your trust in him, Cavs fans.

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2015, 03:02 PM
"Kevin Love on next season: "I truly expect to be suiting up for Game 1." For the Cavs? Love: "Yes, sir.""

He aint' talking about the finals, right? :biggums:

Solefade
05-31-2015, 04:13 PM
he'd be dumb as hell to leave

Solefade
05-31-2015, 04:13 PM
sorry laker fans :roll:

dubeta
05-31-2015, 04:16 PM
How salty are Kobe fans? :oldlol:

Y'all thought Love would pull a Dwight on LeBron and leave like Dwight did Kobe :lol

Sorry, players love playing with LeBron, while even fun-loving Dwight knows that Kobe is a narcissist asshole.

Koresh
05-31-2015, 05:00 PM
Video proof of his comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfcl-1s1Hss

:cheers: :rockon: :pimp: :bowdown:

RedBlackAttack
05-31-2015, 05:10 PM
Video proof of his comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfcl-1s1Hss

:cheers: :rockon: :pimp: :bowdown:

http://media.tumblr.com/f958914d6eb9308267b6859b80f22c48/tumblr_inline_mj1jtvg23T1qz4rgp.gif

Next year, it's on.

Kyrie-Delly
Shump-JR
LeBron-Jones (Haywood expirer probably used here)
Love-Tristan
Mozgov-Varejao

Alamо
05-31-2015, 05:12 PM

:oldlol:

NumberSix
05-31-2015, 05:13 PM
He'll get a max contract and it's by far his best chance at winning a title. What motivation is there to leave? To make less money playing for the lakers or some other team that won't make the playoffs?

oh the horror
05-31-2015, 05:21 PM
How salty are Kobe fans? :oldlol:

Y'all thought Love would pull a Dwight on LeBron and leave like Dwight did Kobe :lol

Sorry, players love playing with LeBron, while even fun-loving Dwight knows that Kobe is a narcissist asshole.

Bro any real ball fan knows that dude is overrated. Signing him for a max contract is a mistake but unfortunately you kinda have to to keep him.

I'd rather the Lakers let Kobe come off the books and look to other alternatives other than an often injured, overrated Love.

Genaro
05-31-2015, 05:21 PM
I think he will pick up his option, wait for the cap jump and just collect a lot of money next year.

DukeDelonte13
05-31-2015, 05:24 PM
Prediction:

media will still speculate that he is leaving this summer.

YouGotServed
05-31-2015, 05:29 PM
Bro any real ball fan knows that dude is overrated. Signing him for a max contract is a mistake but unfortunately you kinda have to to keep him.

I'd rather the Lakers let Kobe come off the books and look to other alternatives other than an often injured, overrated Love.

You sound salty bro. How dem tears taste?

PistonsFan#21
05-31-2015, 05:32 PM
You sound salty bro. How dem tears taste?

salty? :confusedshrug:

lilteapot
05-31-2015, 05:38 PM
Cavs are better without him tbqh.. Lock up Tristian long term and let this scrub walk.
No they're not. You can't seriously expect thompson to play 40 minutes a game for 82 games.

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2015, 05:38 PM
Teams want to offer him the max ?

Go ahead, I guess.

RedBlackAttack
05-31-2015, 05:39 PM
Prediction:

media will still speculate that he is leaving this summer.
:oldlol:

Even Jalen Rose has changed his tune on that. They're starting to do a very reluctant 180. I'm sure it is very difficult for them.

Teams want to offer him the max ?

Go ahead, I guess.

Every team would. Including Toronto. In fact, they could really use Love.

Nash
05-31-2015, 05:43 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/f958914d6eb9308267b6859b80f22c48/tumblr_inline_mj1jtvg23T1qz4rgp.gif

Next year, it's on.

Kyrie-Delly
Shump-JR
Love-Tristan
Mozgov-Varejao
Love plays with Mozgov, Tristan with Andy.

kennethgriffin
05-31-2015, 05:44 PM
lol@ all the idiots in this thread

if love stays hes getting a max contract

wheres the money left over for tristan thompson?

the mvp of the cavs post season will require a big contract aswell

:lol

IncarceratedBob
05-31-2015, 05:45 PM
Damn. Feel bad for Cav fans, they were so close to getting rid of this guy. And I know Cav fans are gonna act like this is so great for them but Cav fans on this forum are notorious inbreds.

navy
05-31-2015, 05:47 PM
It doesnt make sense to sign any contracts with the supermax coming in. He's in for 1 more year.

2016 the Cavs and alot of teams will be broken up .

RedBlackAttack
05-31-2015, 05:54 PM
Love plays with Mozgov, Tristan with Andy.
Love and Tristan were finishing games together pretty much exclusively in the last couple months and in the playoffs. But I could see any number of combinations and you also have to consider that LeBron is going to be spending time at PF too. The only combination that I don't like is Love/Varejao. It didn't work very well for the 25 games until Andy got hurt this past year.

So...

Love/TT
Love/Mozgov
LBJ/Love
LBJ/Varejao
LBJ/TT
LBJ/Mozgov
TT/Mozgov
TT/Varejao

I'll take it all, please.

Bankaii
05-31-2015, 06:30 PM
Next year, it's on.

Kyrie-Delly
Shump-JR
Love-Tristan
Mozgov-Varejao
What do you think about James Jones? He's had some key shots in the playoffs and I don't see him retiring like Marion and Miller.

RedBlackAttack
05-31-2015, 06:35 PM
What do you think about James Jones? He's had some key shots in the playoffs and I don't see him retiring like Marion and Miller.
I think he's bought himself another season on this team. He's been a really nice surprise. Of those three -- Jones, Miller, Marion -- I expected Jones to have the least impact. It ended up being the exact opposite of what I anticipated.

What's good about Jones is that he is an automatic floor spacer, and he has been surprisingly solid defensively. That was always the thing with him... The "3" part of the 3&D was always there... it was the "D" part that hounded him.

Maybe it's just the makeup of this roster or something the coaching staff has done, but he's become a nice piece. And I expect him to be back.

Bankaii
05-31-2015, 06:47 PM
I think he's bought himself another season on this team. He's been a really nice surprise. Of those three -- Jones, Miller, Marion -- I expected Jones to have the least impact. It ended up being the exact opposite of what I anticipated.

What's good about Jones is that he is an automatic floor spacer, and he has been surprisingly solid defensively. That was always the thing with him... The "3" part of the 3&D was always there... it was the "D" part that hounded him.

Maybe it's just the makeup of this roster or something the coaching staff has done, but he's become a nice piece. And I expect him to be back.
Yea idk why but it seems like Blatt always has him guarding a post player. Memphis would have eaten him alive. But with 2 post players returning in Andy and Love they'll probably be able to hide him on a wing player again.

RedBlackAttack
05-31-2015, 06:52 PM
Yea idk why but it seems like Blatt always has him guarding a post player. Memphis would have eaten him alive. But with 2 post players returning in Andy and Love they'll probably be able to hide him on a wing player again.
He wouldn't play against Memphis. He's a situational player. Against Golden State, with the way they like to go small, I expect to see him out there 10-15 minutes a night just like he did against ATL.

Derka
05-31-2015, 07:07 PM
I've said before that he'd be crazy to leave. The situation is Cleveland is perfect for him and he's getting a nice pay day next season. Play good next year and he sets himself up for a guaranteed max deal.

Yao Ming's Foot
05-31-2015, 07:09 PM
Remember when Dwight Howard signed his player option for the Magic? :confusedshrug:

VengefulAngel
05-31-2015, 07:19 PM
When you're guaranteed an NBA finals appearance nearly every year and being paid the max, you would be crazy to leave.

Being relevant is much more of a cachet than being irrelevant and the "man".

ALBballer
05-31-2015, 07:24 PM
Why would a player opt out of $18 million while coming off his worst season statistically speaking while injuring his shoulder and losing out on the potential to seek the new max?

Only reason why Love would leave is if held some sort of personal vandetta against the team and was willing to walk away from millions. Financially it makes almost no sense for him to opt out.

The only team that I could see him leaving for is maybe the Rockets this summer. They can pitch the whole no state income tax and he would fit perfectly next to Dwight and he could be the 2nd option on offense. Even then it's a long shot.

Meticode
05-31-2015, 07:38 PM
I've said before that he'd be crazy to leave. The situation is Cleveland is perfect for him and he's getting a nice pay day next season. Play good next year and he sets himself up for a guaranteed max deal.
If he left Cleveland that means he would totally back out of his wording on he wanted to win now. RIght now the Cavaliers have the best long-term situation as far as at least chances of winning a title. They are in the East, they have the best player in the league argubly, and they have a budding star in Irving. If they somehow win this year and the retain Love, Thompson, Varejao, LeBron, Irving, Shumpert, J.R. Smith and Delly for at lest 3-4 years, they have a legit shot at making to the Finals another one or two times if not more.

Meticode
05-31-2015, 07:40 PM
Why would a player opt out of $18 million while coming off his worst season statistically speaking while injuring his shoulder and losing out on the potential to seek the new max?

Only reason why Love would leave is if held some sort of personal vandetta against the team and was willing to walk away from millions. Financially it makes almost no sense for him to opt out.

The only team that I could see him leaving for is maybe the Rockets this summer. They can pitch the whole no state income tax and he would fit perfectly next to Dwight and he could be the 2nd option on offense. Even then it's a long shot.
He'd have to feel the situation in Cleveland was dire for him to opt out. I think mid-January that wasn't such a long shot, but now, I think it would be stupid to opt out. He'll get guaranteed money. Then when he resigns his new contract I think it's under the new TV deal so he should get MORE money even. The TV deal starts the 2016-17 season.

el gringos
05-31-2015, 08:00 PM
Seems crazy that anybody is surprised he'd say something different right now with his team still playing. What, you think he's stupid? It's like expecting the draft prospects to be getting ready for the first round of the tournament and saying. Yeahp, I'm going pro. Instead they always say something like, haven't thought about that, just focused on the team right now.

dubeta
05-31-2015, 08:12 PM
If i'm the Cavs I promise Love a max deal this summer if he opts out, so he'll surely opt out. I'll give him a handshake agreement and everything. However once that happens, I backstab him and ignore his calls. I would start rumours, gossip, propaganda throughout League vines, calling him "overrated, a team cancer, saying he is still badly injured etc" to lower his value so no team would want him. Once that happens, and teams stay away from him, I would lowball him with a 5 year 60M offer, ensuring he has no chance but to stay, while retaining him for a discount. Sure it sounds cruel but it would ensure roster flexibility for years to come.

Springsteen
05-31-2015, 08:15 PM
If i'm the Cavs I promise Love a max deal this summer if he opts out, so he'll surely opt out. I'll give him a handshake agreement and everything. However once that happens, I backstab him and ignore his calls. I would start rumours, gossip, propaganda throughout League vines, calling him "overrated, a team cancer, saying he is still badly injured etc" to lower his value so no team would want him. Once that happens, and teams stay away from him, I would lowball him with a 5 year 60M offer, ensuring he has no chance but to stay, while retaining him for a discount. Sure it sounds cruel but it would ensure roster flexibility for years to come.

Whose alt are you again?

bluechox2
05-31-2015, 08:34 PM
people thought he was actually leaving?? when hes getting a ring on he DL???:lol empty ring padding

RedBlackAttack
05-31-2015, 08:45 PM
Seems crazy that anybody is surprised he'd say something different right now with his team still playing. What, you think he's stupid? It's like expecting the draft prospects to be getting ready for the first round of the tournament and saying. Yeahp, I'm going pro. Instead they always say something like, haven't thought about that, just focused on the team right now.
He could just say nothing or talk around it the way LeBron did for years prior to leaving Cleveland. LeBron never openly committed the way Kevin has... with Love, he has never even had hesitation. Every time he's asked, he answers directly and emphatically.

Sure, he could back out and leave... but I wouldn't count on it. His options are going to be very limited and he would be getting max money to play on arguably the best team in the NBA... Maybe even have a chance to help create one of the best teams ever.

I'd be completely shocked if he left, just based on the situation.

bobeticus
05-31-2015, 08:50 PM
lol@ all the idiots in this thread

if love stays hes getting a max contract

wheres the money left over for tristan thompson?

the mvp of the cavs post season will require a big contract aswell

:lol

bran will iron this up... he was a great leader/motivator to his team... :rockon: :rockon:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-31-2015, 10:36 PM
He could just say nothing or talk around it the way LeBron did for years prior to leaving Cleveland. LeBron never openly committed the way Kevin has... with Love, he has never even had hesitation. Every time he's asked, he answers directly and emphatically.

Sure, he could back out and leave... but I wouldn't count on it. His options are going to be very limited and he would be getting max money to play on arguably the best team in the NBA... Maybe even have a chance to help create one of the best teams ever.

I'd be completely shocked if he left, just based on the situation.

what we learnt from Love is he is not a franchise changing player. good luck for u and him

ALBballer
05-31-2015, 10:42 PM
what we learnt from Love is he is not a franchise changing player. good luck for u and him

Ye but they don't need him to be a franchise changing player. They already have Lebron and possibly Irving as franchise players. Love just needs to play his role, rebound, hit his open jumpers and help with playmaking skills all at the tune of a max contract :D.

plowking
05-31-2015, 10:43 PM
Dude looks skinny in that video talking about it. Needs to put more weight back on, was a better player and better down low on the boards. Some players just losing weight for the hell of it. If you're body can take it, don't lose it.

J Shuttlesworth
05-31-2015, 10:44 PM
I like how everyone on ISH has changed their tune to "Of course he was going to stay! Who really thought he would leave?"

Although honestly, it's probably just the fact that anybody who thought he would leave is avoiding this thread :lol

No. What we've learned is that he's not a franchise LEADER. With Love in the lineup, the Cavs offense was absurdly good the 2nd half of the season (when LeBron was healthy).