PDA

View Full Version : is Ricky Rubio still a main core in wolves?

bobopenguin
06-01-2015, 02:10 AM
I am wondering, at this stage, with Wiggins in hand, as well as Lavine, and either Towns or Okafor, it's already a solid young core to build with. So are wolves still seeing Ricky as an central core to build with? His Starting salary will be around 11mil and increase up to 15mil on 2018.
If wolves dont like him, They should quickly shed him off, because he's kinda inconsistent, injured history and his shooting abilities.

I know Rockets are busy looking for a decent PG, is it possible to get Bev + Dmo or Bev + 1st round, or Dmo + 1st for Ricky? Will either Rockets or Wolves pull this trade?

Wolves can get decent defensive/hustle PC, and lets wiggins truly shines in offensive end, or a decent PF that pairs up with the new young C.
Rockets get their new magic Rubio, whom will take the loads off Harden, and connects all the offense flow.

worth exploring?

MJ(Mean John)
06-01-2015, 02:35 AM
I think there's no way Rox do this. I think they might throw in w 2nd rounder but I think they like PB, especially on his K compared to others.

Akrazotile
06-01-2015, 02:38 AM
Rockets shoot more threes than any team and Rubio is historically bad at shooting threes.

You do the math.

bdreason
06-01-2015, 02:51 AM
When I play the Wolves on NBA2K I trade him away for younger prospects and/or picks. I'm just not a fan of ball-dominant PG's that can't shoot.

bdreason
06-01-2015, 02:52 AM
And honestly the Rockets probably prefer Bev or Rubio. Rockets are all about the 3&D players.

Harison
06-01-2015, 03:57 AM
Towns > Wiggins >> Rubio. You could say Rubio is a part of the future core, but there is no way in hell Wolves would be building their team around him as the centerpiece.

Fire Colangelo
06-01-2015, 11:27 AM
I think he could be if he stays injury free.

The Wolves needs to develop their young talent and Rubio doesn't hinder them in that regard imo. He's one of the few PGs that actually knows how to make a correct entry pass to his bigs so that'd be pretty helpful for Towns/Okafor, and he's a pass first PG that'll get plenty of looks for Wiggins. Not to mention his contract will be expiring once the Wolves need to extend Wiggins, so he won't be part of their capspace problem.

ALBballer
06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
No one is taking that salary. The positive is Rubio is still only 24 and should get better although it looks like he has regressed due to injuries. Wolves should keep him since he won't be hindering the development of their younger players and can be a decent piece.