PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry vs Allen Iverson

Ron Jeremy
06-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Iverson:
NBA Most Valuable Player (2001)

lilteapot
06-01-2015, 10:12 AM
I'm gonna take Curry anyway. You know, the guy who wasn't a massive headcase and super volume shooter.

Bankaii
06-01-2015, 10:30 AM
I'm gonna take Curry anyway. You know, the guy who wasn't a massive headcase and super volume shooter.
Lol imagine Curry on that 01 Sixers squad. There's no way he's anywhere near the efficiency he's at now or takes them anywhere near the Finals. As far as impact goes AI>Curry. You're right about the head case though, always was his biggest weakness.

UK2K
06-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Iverson never had close to the same supporting cast as Curry does now.

The second or third best SG to play next to.
Young athletic SF's who can hit jumpers and create their own shots.
A PF who can stretch the floor and cover up for your poor defense.
A C who rebounds and can cover up for your poor defense.

I'd take Iverson if I need buckets. Iverson on this GS team would be a bad fit. Similarly, Curry on that Sixers team would be a bad fit.

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Watch this kid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TCjK4jRDfw

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Come talk to me when the opposing team's GM has to get a guy that looks as close as they can to you (Tyrone Lue) to try and shake you because they are that worried despite having Shaq and Kobe.

AI was so disgusted with this ill advised act from the Lakers that he STEPS over the guy and dismisses him at will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H273e0Gk0zQ

UK2K
06-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Watch this kid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TCjK4jRDfw

I watched that the other night.

Fantastic. I loved it. Especially the part about the 'practice' interview. I had no idea he wasn't referring to practice as 'who cares about practice' as opposed to referring to practice as 'we just lost game 1, and my best friend was just murdered, and I have a 5 minute media session, and of all the things going on right now, you are asking me about practice'.

The media really did fvck him. Thats crazy how ESPN misrepresented his statement. Wow.

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Jordan - "I'll cause a trend of wearing longer shorts"
Iverson - "I'll cause a trend of wearing arm sleeves"

Bron - "I'll wear a headband to cover up my hairline... oh wait... no trend was created so I'll just stop doing that"

:lol

Lexington Steel
06-01-2015, 12:01 PM
:roll:

Never compare the ugly, gap toothed little boy to an NBA legend. Ever. Ever again.

Ron Jeremy
06-02-2015, 05:05 AM
But does him winning a chip vault him over Iverson in all time rankings?

JtotheIzzo
06-02-2015, 05:21 AM
Curry is miles ahead of Iverson. If you thought the East is weak today, it was WAY worse in the early oughts, the Bucks and Raptors almost knocked Philly out before they got thoroughly sonned by the Lakers (who only lost game 1 because they were not taking the Sixers seriously in the slightest).

Allen Iverson was a warrior, played a lot of minutes, games and was as tough as anyone, but his kind of greatness was very limited in effectiveness.

But in terms of 'all timiness' his impact is more social and style than substance.

real talk

No_Look604
06-02-2015, 06:22 AM
Curry is miles ahead of Iverson. If you thought the East is weak today, it was WAY worse in the early oughts, the Bucks and Raptors almost knocked Philly out before they got thoroughly sonned by the Lakers (who only lost game 1 because they were not taking the Sixers seriously in the slightest).

Allen Iverson was a warrior, played a lot of minutes, games and was as tough as anyone, but his kind of greatness was very limited in effectiveness.

But in terms of 'all timiness' his impact is more social and style than substance.

real talk

Bucks and Raps were made nice :facepalm Both those teams wipe the floor with ATL and Chicago of this year. But that's not saying a whole lot.

masonanddixon
06-02-2015, 06:27 AM
Curry by far, surpassed Iverson like two seasons ago. Now its a wrap.

Nashty
06-02-2015, 06:36 AM
Curry and it's not even close :facepalm

sundizz
06-02-2015, 06:48 AM
If Curry chucked up shots like Iverson and just told everyone else to play defense he would score 40 a game in the reg season.

Rocketswin2013
06-02-2015, 07:41 AM
If Curry chucked up shots like Iverson and just told everyone else to play defense he would score 40 a game in the reg season.
Isn't that what Curry does? Chuck wide open shots and hides behind a super stacked defensive team in which he's easily worst defender?

MEB2kDeez
06-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Iverson for now

f0und
06-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Isn't that what Curry does? Chuck wide open shots and hides behind a super stacked defensive team in which he's easily worst defender?

except curry can shoot

Ron Jeremy
06-17-2015, 01:10 AM
Now that curry has a championship to his name, has he officially passed iverson all time?

deja vu
06-17-2015, 01:19 AM
Curry on the 76ers would have pushed the 2001 Finals to Game 7.

FKAri
06-17-2015, 01:36 AM
Now that curry has a championship to his name, has he officially passed iverson all time?

nope