PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics Trade/Free Agency/Rumors/Draft Discussion Thread ☘

Shade8780
06-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Offseason's coming up, and we should be expecting a lot of news related to the Draft and FA coming soon. Let's discuss all rumors and ideas/hopes in this thread! http://www.catholicmatch.com/images/emoticons/shamrock.gif http://www.catholicmatch.com/images/emoticons/shamrock.gif http://www.catholicmatch.com/images/emoticons/shamrock.gif

http://greenstreet.weei.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/The-Wolf-of-Causeway.gif

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/bradstevens1.gif

Shade8780
06-01-2015, 04:20 PM
If we don't trade up in this Draft, I'll be pretty pissed.

If we do trade up, and pass up talent in Mario Hezonja and/or Justise Winslow for positional need in Willie Cauley-Stein, I'll be mighty pissed. Cauley-Stein is a decent pick if those guys are taken, but his ceiling is a decent-good starter. Hezonja and Winslow have star potential and we could build the team around them with Smart and possibly Kevin Love.

kshutts1
06-08-2015, 01:13 PM
If we don't trade up in this Draft, I'll be pretty pissed.

How do you propose trading up?

With your potential 12-15m in salary cap space without trades, I'd recommend attempting to sign someone like Middleton. He'd provide shooting, athleticism, and D on the wing.
Then, after that signing, you'll have maybe 6-10m left over to go after Danny Green or Wes Matthews or Koufos or something.

Signing young guys that still have room and time to grow as players and within the organization.

Smart/Thomas
Green/Young/Turner
Middleton/Young/Turner
Sully/Olynyk
Zeller/Koufos/Olynyk

I realize I left off Bradley, Wallace, and whatever rookie. I'd just as soon trade those 3 items together for future picks or something.
Bradley, Wallace's expiring contract, #16 to Dallas for Felton and two future, protected, picks?

Shade8780
06-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Knicks fans for one accepted Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley, James Young, #16 and 2016 Brooklyn for #4 and Tim Hardaway, Jr., but that's way too much.

Just saying that we have the assets. Trading up to the Kings, Nuggets or the Pistons is a possibility as we won't need to give away as much.

kshutts1
06-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Knicks fans for one accepted Jared Sullinger, Avery Bradley, James Young, #16 and 2016 Brooklyn for #4 and Tim Hardaway, Jr., but that's way too much.

Just saying that we have the assets. Trading up to the Kings, Nuggets or the Pistons is a possibility as we won't need to give away as much.
I guess it is a matter of opinion. I don't see many pieces worth trading a pick. I'm not sold on Sully or Olynyk, Bradley has taken a step back, Young played on a young team and couldn't get any burn... Just one man's opinion, though, and what matters is finding a team that does see the value.

Shade8780
06-10-2015, 12:44 PM
So are we getting LaMarcus Aldridge or what!?

Rondooooooooooo
06-11-2015, 12:59 AM
It's too early right now to tell whats going to happen, but In Ainge We Trust....

Real Men Wear Green
06-11-2015, 07:25 AM
With the current draft position I'd like to see the team draft Justin Anderson. Nearly a seven-foot wingspan on a perimeter defender, 6'5 230 and athletic. If he ever developed a handle he would be a steal.

JohnnySic
06-11-2015, 09:03 AM
I honestly have no idea what's gonna happen this offseason. I see the team resigning Crowder. I hope they keep Jerebko as well.

ballup
06-12-2015, 03:50 PM
My FA targets would be Harris and Koufos, but as we all know, no one can predict that crazy bastard Ainge.

Shade8780
06-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Wow we have a new star.

http://i.imgur.com/NyOzHIt.png

Shade8780
06-17-2015, 10:24 AM
If Charlotte are looking for R. J. Hunter like rumours are saying, we could trade up to their spot and take Stanley Johnson at #9. I'd love to have a guy like him on the team.

Rondooooooooooo
06-17-2015, 09:53 PM
stanley johnson would be a great pickup. I am a UofA fan so thats just a added plus :rockon:

That_Admiral
06-18-2015, 12:00 AM
If Charlotte are looking for R. J. Hunter like rumours are saying, we could trade up to their spot and take Stanley Johnson at #9. I'd love to have a guy like him on the team.
:applause:
But wouldn't Charlotte be looking for an SF to after the Stephenson trade?

That_Admiral
06-18-2015, 12:05 AM
Does anyone know how good Kelly Oubre is?
http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

Shade8780
06-18-2015, 09:38 AM
stanley johnson would be a great pickup. I am a UofA fan so thats just a added plus :rockon:
Did you watch him much last season? How good do you think he can be as a pro?

Shade8780
06-18-2015, 09:40 AM
:applause:
But wouldn't Charlotte be looking for an SF to after the Stephenson trade?
We'll give them Evan Turner :D

Rondooooooooooo
06-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Did you watch him much last season? How good do you think he can be as a pro?

he is a good defensive player, and has a nice outside shot, but he needs to be more agressive and get better at attacking the rim.

Fallen Angel
06-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Justin Anderson is a guy y'all should definitely be looking at.

kshutts1
06-23-2015, 10:56 AM
If Sacramento is looking to deal Cousins (and they would be stupid to do it, but whatever), what about...

Boston/Clips pick this year, then Dallas and Brooklyn picks next year... four total picks, plus Sully and Gerald Wallace for Cousins.

Kings get four first round picks, a good young player, and a great expiring contract (timed with the Durant/Davis summer and TV deal) for Cousins.

Again, I think Sac would be stupid to trade Cousins for anything other than a top 10 player in the league AND a pick... but that's just me.

That_Admiral
06-24-2015, 12:20 AM
If Sacramento is looking to deal Cousins (and they would be stupid to do it, but whatever), what about...

Boston/Clips pick this year, then Dallas and Brooklyn picks next year... four total picks, plus Sully and Gerald Wallace for Cousins.

Kings get four first round picks, a good young player, and a great expiring contract (timed with the Durant/Davis summer and TV deal) for Cousins.

Again, I think Sac would be stupid to trade Cousins for anything other than a top 10 player in the league AND a pick... but that's just me.
Cousins is a great player, but do you think Brad Stevens could handle him? And could we get the players we need around him?

kshutts1
06-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Cousins is a great player, but do you think Brad Stevens could handle him? And could we get the players we need around him?
Yes and yes.

But even without those answers being "yes", if you have an opportunity to get a top 10 player in the league, and still improving, and one that is likely to be a top 3 player any day now... you do it. No questions.

Not to mention, I think his attitude issues are overblown. Literally every single professional athlete has some sort of attitude issue at one point or another. Those "problems" are just magnified depending on star status. And Cousins, since day 1, has been a budding star, even going back to college and HS.

Then on top of that.. can you look at the turmoil he's had to deal with in Sac since being traded and really say to yourself.... "Man, Cousins was given every opportunity to succeed"? No.

Bernie Nips
06-25-2015, 02:34 AM
Heading into the draft, these are the four I want in order:

Kaminsky (looooong shot, but ya never know)
Oubre
Dekker
Portis

Fallen Angel
06-25-2015, 04:17 AM
Kelly Oubre is James Young 2.0 except he's more passive on offense

Shade8780
07-01-2015, 03:17 PM
gary washburn
‏@GwashburnGlobe

Have been told the #Magic will not match a max offer to Tobias Harris, so the market value has been set. #Celtics

Steve KylerVerified account
‏@stevekylerNBA

There have been indication that Boston could be the front runner, but was told that Harris' camp has made no decisions yet

Nice! I think he's our best option in FA, imo. Better than Monroe.

That_Admiral
07-02-2015, 12:49 AM
If we get harris too
WE looking good this season!
http://media.giphy.com/media/rHXLPOK6Vwuhq/giphy.gif

BlackWhiteGreen
07-02-2015, 04:58 AM
Soo, Crowder re-signs and we're now at around 100 million combo guards and forwards. Sigh. My depth chart looks something like this:

Smart 24 - Thomas 24
Bradley 30 - Smart 12 - Young 6
Crowder 30 - Turner 12 - Young 6
Johnson 24 - Jerebko 12 - Sullinger 10
Zeller 24 - Olynyk 16 - Johnson 8

No time for any of the rookies. Just in terms of roster balance, Danny should b looking to make a trade - but who for, I have no idea. Sadly the player who makes most sense, if you want to free up time for the rookies, is Smart. If there's a star big guy available by trade, you probably look at moving Smart + Johnson + Sullinger (or Zeller if it's a centre).

Shade8780
07-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Yeah I don't have a clue how Danny will get equal playing time for everyone. So much depth, but no starpower whatsoever.

ballup
07-02-2015, 05:07 PM
With Monroe going to the Bucks, it may be possible that Henson is available. A shot in the dark guy to target would be Dieng of the Wolves.