PDA

View Full Version : Report: Heat want Wade to use opt-in clause to go after Durant

ArbitraryWater
06-02-2015, 10:27 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25202092

lol

sd3035
06-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Wade will be done by the time they get Durant, he has been declining since last season

r15mohd
06-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Wade opted in so plan is on schedule

pretty empty payroll, no state taxes, warm/sunny South FL, a very good roster behind KD...all this will catch KD's eyes when Rile's talks to him. then if all else fails, show him the trophy case in the Heat's head office and give him the pen to sign off...icing on the cake

make it happen Rile's!!! :D

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/32426599.jpg

Ca$H
06-02-2015, 10:34 AM
KD will sign with the Warriors.

r15mohd
06-02-2015, 10:34 AM
Wade will be done by the time they get Durant, he has been declining since last season

Wade's going to be a scraps deal and likely a 3rd/4th option player with a re-sign. personally, put him as 6th man and that whoel 2nd unit will be dangerous with McBob, Ennis, etc. verse any other 2nd unit.

Trollsmasher
06-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Dragic-Wade-Durant-Bosh-GOATside

no excuses

PJR
06-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Wade opted in so plan is on schedule

No he didn't.

HylianNightmare
06-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Doubt Durant goes to miami

r15mohd
06-02-2015, 11:16 AM
No he didn't.

http://i57.tinypic.com/11wd6o0.jpg

Mawly-G
06-02-2015, 11:59 AM
In my opinion the only two possible destinations for KD in 2016 are OKC (he seems very loyal to this organization), or DC (he seems pretty keen on the possibility of returning home). I just don't see him going anywhere else.

HOoopCityJones
06-02-2015, 12:16 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/11wd6o0.jpg

Where does it say he opted in?

PJR
06-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Where does it say he opted in?

It doesn't. The hell this dude posted that for? It's just some schmuck's opinion column lol.

Wade has yet to inform the Heat on his contract plans, and he has until June 29th to do so.

JerrySeinfeld
06-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Durant would make the finals every year in the East.

SexSymbol
06-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Durant will obviously stay with thunder.

ImKobe
06-02-2015, 02:38 PM
It's actually a good bet for Miami, they have the roster to entice KD with all their pieces, but LA/Washington will be the two major candidates to land him.

FreezingTsmoove
06-02-2015, 02:40 PM
DMC, KD, all need to come to the east to challenge Bron

It's funny the Kings would probably make the finals this year if they were in the East :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
06-02-2015, 02:53 PM
DMC, KD, all need to come to the east to challenge Bron

It's funny the Kings would probably make the finals this year if they were in the East :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/MaleRuler/GIFs/352fcq8.jpg_zpswhi9gyrg.gif

IncarceratedBob
06-02-2015, 02:55 PM
Wade knows nobody wants him, he'll opt in

Spurs5Rings2014
06-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Wade knows nobody wants him, he'll opt in

:biggums:

We'll happily trade Parker for him and he gets paid what he wants. Win-win.

r15mohd
06-03-2015, 10:04 AM
:biggums:

We'll happily trade Parker for him and he gets paid what he wants. Win-win.

i doubt the Spurs want another declining/injury-prone player to their roster

and I'm pretty sure a handful of teams will gladly overpay Wade the $15mil over 3yrs, they get ticket sales and all that great stuff with it...however, it doesn't justify his bball worth on the court. not to mention, these teams are small-market and likely non-playoff contention squads looking for a break more-so than any title contention. Bulls cant afford him, so he's not "going home"...the Clips cant pay him such a contract either, without moving pieces, really the Knicks and Lakers, big market yes but both on rebuild mode...and I doubt Wade signs with the Knicks, knowing the rivalry between the cities. Riley would surely find a way to humiliate him if he did...regardless the presence he sustained in Miami as a Heat.

down here in Miami...the talks are he's opting in, heard it from a few folks at the Herald and Sentinel who cover the Heat routinely already. it's just a matter of time (after the Finals) before it becomes official. Wade doesn't want to leave South FL, and knows he's not getting a big payday and being relative in the same sentence by going elsewhere. he's taking the most now, 16.1 million, and will sign a 2-3yr deal worth about $10mil max a year come next summer. the Heat are looking at this full business, Riley wants title contention again and he has to go for broke...if it causes a declining Wade to up and leave because of the plan, so be it.

nothing lasts forever...though the plan would pay Wade on the back end once he retires and a position is created in the Heat organization, as it was for Zo and Tim Hardaway, all who are reaping the rewards of sacrifice to stay competitive.

ShawkFactory
06-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Durant would make the finals every year in the East.
But he's way too loyal to leave OKC

BlakFrankWhite
06-03-2015, 11:54 AM
Lol @you fools

KD aka THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD is staying at OKC....and we will get to witness the KD-GOATbrook dynasty....I guarentee you that

AirBourne92
06-03-2015, 11:56 AM
op is still a fatherless fakkit these days i see

r15mohd
06-03-2015, 11:59 AM
Lol @you fools

KD aka THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD is staying at OKC....and we will get to witness the KD-GOATbrook dynasty....I guarentee you that

they wont make the Finals next year, and that will be the sign-off for KD in OKC. he'll jet to Washington to be "home" or take up huge offers from the likes of the Heat, and others, who have better chance at winning him a title.

GSW will a heavy favorite
Clips are looking to add to their bench, which is really what they've needed to get over the hump
Spurs are looking to add LMA or Gasol

window is closing on OKC, next year is a win or bust deal...this Donovan signing seals that notion. you don't hire an inexperienced coach with title aspirations on the 1st year. at least the Warriors have an experienced coach who' learned from greats like PJ and Pop, and has played in multiple finals himself...not anything remotely close for Billy D to offer OKC. enjoy the alst year of relevance :cheers:

BlakFrankWhite
06-03-2015, 12:12 PM
they wont make the Finals next year, and that will be the sign-off for KD in OKC. he'll jet to Washington to be "home" or take up huge offers from the likes of the Heat, and others, who have better chance at winning him a title.

GSW will a heavy favorite
Clips are looking to add to their bench, which is really what they've needed to get over the hump
Spurs are looking to add LMA or Gasol

window is closing on OKC, next year is a win or bust deal...this Donovan signing seals that notion. you don't hire an inexperienced coach with title aspirations on the 1st year. at least the Warriors have an experienced coach who' learned from greats like PJ and Pop, and has played in multiple finals himself...not anything remotely close for Billy D to offer OKC. enjoy the alst year of relevance :cheers:

-Healthy OKC beats GSW...I'm certain of it.....only time KD played the full game...we gave 'em a spanking.

-Clips:CP3 isn't the player he was 2-3 years back...Westbrook would run trains on him.....and they wont improve their bench by much...considering the massive money they're goona have to offer to DeAndre.

Spurs:the trios of Kanter/Ibaka/KD and Gasol/TD/Kawhi would even each other out....but yeah they're the only team I fear in the west.

We have a remarkably strong squad IF and I repeat IF we can keep our players healthy

r15mohd
06-03-2015, 12:19 PM
-Healthy OKC beats GSW...I'm certain of it.....only time KD played the full game...we gave 'em a spanking.

-Clips:CP3 isn't the player he was 2-3 years back...Westbrook would run trains on him.....and they wont improve their bench by much...considering the massive money they're goona have to offer to DeAndre.

Spurs:the trios of Kanter/Ibaka/KD and Gasol/TD/Kawhi would even each other out....but yeah they're the only team I fear in the west.

We have a remarkably strong squad IF and I repeat IF we can keep our players healthy

definitely not doubting the strength of OKC and being able to compete at it...but to me, their window is 1yr, that's it for KD in an OKC uniform (and maybe even Westbrook). it all hinders on BillyD though...it was such a dumb decision to bring him in with this talent available, and know Scott Brooks was a reason behind a bit of their inability to get over the hurdle (and losing Harden too).

i think both GSW and the Spurs are a tie in terms of matchup/strength against OKC...and that all depends on Gasol or LMA inking their name with the Spurs.

and tho CP3 may not be who he has been, he is still VERY threatening and with a somewhat more reliable bench, they become even better so from a semi-finals conference team to a threatening conference finals team.

good luck tho...and yes, all hope injury never plays the part on any squad :cheers:

HurricaneKid
06-03-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm just going to connect the dots for everyone here since no one else seems capable. After trading 2 #1s for Dragic they are going to resign him. The open secret has been they agreed to a 5/100M before the trade.

So basically Miami is telling Wade to opt in this year so they can try to get KD to REPLACE him next year (would be near impossible to have cap space to sign him after they would sign KD). Its an awful thing to do to a cornerstone player who has been a really good player (if injury prone) the last few years.

Taller than CP3
06-03-2015, 12:43 PM
So basically Miami is telling Wade to opt in this year so they can try to get KD to REPLACE him next year (would be near impossible to have cap space to sign him after they would sign KD).

Does Wade know he's going to get replaced if the Heat sign Durant or is Riley telling him to opt in and they'll still keep him lol, basically screwing him over.

r15mohd
06-03-2015, 12:49 PM
Does Wade know he's going to get replaced if the Heat sign Durant or is Riley telling him to opt in and they'll still keep him lol, basically screwing him over.

the latter...they want him to opt-in to get a big payday now because they know if they were to land KD and try to keep guys like Bosh, Dragon and Whiteside, they cant afford to pay Wade heavily come next year. he is left with a sub-10mil contract.

nothing about screwing over...he's declining, change in course of the team, happens ALL the time. whether he's on board with the direction of the team is the other story...this is where he feels he's being "screwed over" :rolleyes:

Akrazotile
06-03-2015, 12:50 PM
I dont see Durant leaving. He might sort of want to, but I think the image-hit will deter him.

r15mohd
06-03-2015, 12:56 PM
I dont see Durant leaving. He might sort of want to, but I think the image-hit will deter him.

i think the image of him never winning a ring will be more daunting...seek the title KD, don't end up like the Barkley's n Malone's of this world. you're getting paid regardless.

so what if a few hillbillies in OKC are upset you left...no valid reasoning to it, you played out your contract, gave them your insurmountable years, and weathered the storms to try and bring the city something. the reign just couldn't get it done...from bad coaching at times to unfortunate injuries that's been apart of this run, the tell all could just be that the time just wasnt in OKC's favor

UK2K
06-03-2015, 01:00 PM
If Durant leaves, he's going to DC or Houston.

Any place else has no chance.

BigBoss
06-03-2015, 01:05 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BfL9pouCQAA-URo.jpg

Rocketswin2013
06-03-2015, 01:07 PM
If Durant leaves, he's going to DC or Houston.

Any place else has no chance.
I don't see why he would go to Houston. Westbrook and Harden are at around the same level... No advantage... I think he'll stay in OKC. Washington would be a talent downgrade from OKC. If he wants to win, he'll stay put.

dunksby
06-03-2015, 01:08 PM
Don't underestimate Pat Riley though, he enticed the best player in the league to leave his hometown and create a super team.

Rocketswin2013
06-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Wade and LeBron are best friends. Wade and Durant respect each other as competitive rivals at best.. Plus Wade is declining more and more. I don't see Durant considering Miami for even a second.

r15mohd
06-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Don't underestimate Pat Riley though, he enticed the best player in the league to leave his hometown and create a super team.

this...if there's anyone to pull off such "pipe dreams" it's Riley or West, and Riley has the favorable no state tax and a pretty empty payroll to work with come next season, along with a good foundation for KD to lead if all can be aligned

Whiteside
Bosh
KD
Wade
Dragic

hard for even KD to not even listen to Pat Riley and the Heat when that potential lineup is the offering

HurricaneKid
06-03-2015, 01:59 PM

If he didn't figure it out directly I'm sure his agent connected the dots for him. Which is why this is getting so contentious.

And while its clear he is slowing down and can't play 82 games any more it WILL help him immensely to avoid the 20+ playoff games this year that he has endured the last 4 years. And he HAS had a PER of 22.0 and 21.4 the last two years and was probably still the 3rd best SG in the league this year.

And he is getting offered Anderson Varejao money.