PDA

View Full Version : Karl Towns' Pre-Draft Workout Video

shoops
06-02-2015, 05:21 PM
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Karl-Anthony-Towns-Workout-Video-and-Interview-5043

Obviously it's just a workout video, but his shooting stroke looks solid.

PP34Deuce
06-02-2015, 05:28 PM
I don't expect him to be an offensive juggernaut, but he's got the feet and build to be an anchor.

He has the frame to put on 10-15 more pounds easy and still be very athletic.

inclinerator
06-02-2015, 05:38 PM
looking bad

Alamо
06-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Freak of nature. Love his attitude too. "I don't care where I play. As long as I have a home, I can't wait to play for that home."

#1 pick no question

smoovegittar
06-02-2015, 05:46 PM
God willing, he remains healthy. I think he's gonna pan out very well. What could have been...:(

Kingwillball
06-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Kid is a stud should easily be #1 people pick for talent and the fact he is a great kid..

Ruler
06-02-2015, 05:49 PM
I can see him becomming a more polished Kevin Love offensively (better handles, higher IQ, stronger in the low post / more moves and counter moves) with defense similar to Andrew Bogut. Really does seem to be a special player and from that interview I really think he's a good kid as well, which is important. He'd be awesome on the Spurs.

no pun intended
06-02-2015, 05:59 PM
I am sold.

imnew09
06-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Bust if picked #1. Solid #2 pick

CJ Mustard
06-02-2015, 06:12 PM
****ing wow...

And there are actually people who think Okafor is better? :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
06-02-2015, 06:14 PM
I can see him becomming a more polished Kevin Love offensively (better handles, higher IQ, stronger in the low post / more moves and counter moves) with defense similar to Andrew Bogut. Really does seem to be a special player and from that interview I really think he's a good kid as well, which is important. He'd be awesome on the Spurs.
A better Kevin Love offensively and Bogut on defense?

So, you expect him to essentially be the best big in the league and potentially the best player period? I'd say you're overrating him a bit.

There isn't a single thing offensively that Kevin Love doesn't do well. He can play high post/low post, shoot out past three point line, is very good at crashing the offensive glass, a great passer and screen-setter... Incredibly versatile.

And, Bogut just anchored the top ranked defense in the NBA.

Ca$H
06-02-2015, 06:29 PM
A better Kevin Love offensively and Bogut on defense?

So, you expect him to essentially be the best big in the league and potentially the best player period? I'd say you're overrating him a bit.

There isn't a single thing offensively that Kevin Love doesn't do well. He can play high post/low post, shoot out past three point line, is very good at crashing the offensive glass, a great passer and screen-setter... Incredibly versatile.

And, Bogut just anchored the top ranked defense in the NBA.

Towns has the potential to challenge Anthony Davis as the future best player in the NBA. Towns and Wiggins could be a potentially frightening duo both offensively and defensively.

Cocaine80s
06-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Hes okay but id still take Rondae Jefferson #1

RedBlackAttack
06-02-2015, 07:08 PM
Towns has the potential to challenge Anthony Davis as the future best player in the NBA. Towns and Wiggins could be a potentially frightening duo both offensively and defensively.
I like him as a prospect, but I'm not seeing that. I thought, injury issues aside, Embiid was a better center prospect last year than KAT is this year.

KAT has a nice all-around game, but I don't see the offensive versatility to be a Kevin Love level offensive force. I think he could be a very good defender, though.

I've been wrong before... I guess we'll find out.

Kingwillball
06-02-2015, 07:17 PM
I like him as a prospect, but I'm not seeing that. I thought, injury issues aside, Embiid was a better center prospect last year than KAT is this year.

KAT has a nice all-around game, but I don't see the offensive versatility to be a Kevin Love level offensive force. I think he could be a very good defender, though.

I've been wrong before... I guess we'll find out.

I have seen towns play in hs in person one of the most skilled bigs I have seen on that level ever..what makes him special is he is hard worker is very smart easily the smartest player in the draft a straight A student with his talent the sky is the limit for him. U are high on WCS his teammate towns is a much better player and prospect. Embiid does not have towns versatility in fact only a small handful of players have towns versatility overall. The only big that I would not take him over that is 3 years or younger in NBA is Anthony Davis.

ISHGoat
06-02-2015, 07:19 PM
better than klove on offense + bogut on defense is quite possibly the goat

RedBlackAttack
06-02-2015, 07:28 PM
I have seen towns play in hs in person one of the most skilled bigs I have seen on that level ever..what makes him special is he is hard worker is very smart easily the smartest player in the draft a straight A student with his talent the sky is the limit for him. U are high on WCS his teammate towns is a much better player and prospect. Embiid does not have towns versatility in fact only a small handful of players have towns versatility overall. The only big that I would not take him over that is 3 years or younger in NBA is Anthony Davis.
I've seen a lot of great players in high school and it really doesn't tell you a whole lot. That level of play is so beneath every NBA player that it can be comical.

I do like WCS after Towns and Okafor are off the board. Never said anything about taking him over either of those guys.

And, we'll see about Embiid's versatility. I think he's absolutely going to blow minds and people have easily forgotten what a rare talent he is. The guy has only been playing basketball since his high school years and his growth has been enormous. He will step onto the NBA floor as essentially the longest player in the league (height + wingspan + standing reach) save for maybe Javale McGee and he is very athletic, has a delicious post game, can step out and knock down jumpers, and has shown very good vision for a big.

Somehow, the guy who was considered easily the No. 1 pick last year prior to his injury in a draft that featured both Wiggins and Parker now has very little hype around him.

If I had the No. 1 pick in this draft, I'd take KAT. I'm not downplaying his talent... but, to say he's going to be Love+Bogut... that's bold. Too bold, imo.

wang4three
06-02-2015, 07:43 PM
If you're Love + Bogut, do you get double the probability to be injured?

RedBlackAttack
06-02-2015, 07:45 PM
If you're Love + Bogut, do you get double the probability to be injured?
... good point. :(

IGOTGAME
06-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Anyone have a YouTube link?

Milbuck
06-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Towns has top 5 player potential. I don't see Lebron, Durant, Davis type potential with him, where he could be the best in the league and single handedly lift up a franchise, but after that he could be as good as anyone else in the league.

I severely underrated his athletic ability and physical tools. Dude has a terrific center body, with crazy fluidity/mobility and very good explosiveness. And he's only 19 too, this kid is gonna be a monster when he's 24-25, with several years of pro diet/training.

And you can't teach that feel for the game, shooting touch, natural ball handling ability and body control. He has guard like skills in a legit center body, to go with big man skills as well, which is a big part of why Davis is such a monster right now. To put it all together he's a high character guy too, seems very smart and hard working.

WeGetRing2012
06-02-2015, 09:06 PM
I think he is being slightly overrated. If he were to become everything that people are hyping him as he would be the best basketball player of all-time.

A big who can handle the ball
Shoot from anywhere on the court
Defend
Pass
Big Physical body

A hybrid of Durant/Anthony Davis... sounds a little too good to be true right???

At Kentucky he wasn't a scorer at all, he only scored over 15 points six times. Trust me if Coach Cal thought he could rely on him to get points every night he would have.

He was great defensively but he played along side WCS.

Most of the time he wasn't aggressive enough on the offensive end. And compared to how Okafor plays offensively, he just looks lost.

And yes he does have a physical body but his legs look like sticks compared to his upper body, which is just down right scary.

I hope he continues to get all this hype so the Lakers can get Okafor at #2 :rockon:

LosBulls
06-02-2015, 10:10 PM
I think he is being slightly overrated. If he were to become everything that people are hyping him as he would be the best basketball player of all-time.

Defend
Pass
Big Physical body

A hybrid of Durant/Anthony Davis... sounds a little too good to be true right???

At Kentucky he wasn't a scorer at all, he only scored over 15 points six times. Trust me if Coach Cal thought he could rely on him to get points every night he would have.

Most of the time he wasn't aggressive enough on the offensive end. And compared to how Okafor plays offensively, he just looks lost.

And yes he does have a physical body but his legs look like sticks compared to his upper body, which is just down right scary.

I hope he continues to get all this hype so the Lakers can get Okafor at #2 :rockon:
Did you not watch March Madness? All thoughout the tournament the Harrison twins would be in situations where they would struggle to score and had to kick it to Towns to get a bail out post move shot.

This guy is super aggressive and gives you points when you need them most. Reminds me of Melo in the post sometimes just uses his shoulders and crazy strength to create space for himself and bodying people inside.

Kingwillball
06-02-2015, 10:15 PM

Defend
Pass
Big Physical body

Why would U want Okafor over him ? Towns will be better player. He is a Better Shooter, FT shooter, Passer, Rebounder, Defender and is more athletic. Okafur is a better in post right now although that gap has really closed since the middle of last season.

Genaro
06-02-2015, 10:29 PM
Towns really needs to do some work on those legs. He seems he will be very good but I already knew this before the video.

OT: He talks kinda of strange, I'm not saying he's a fakkot but his voice is kinda of feminine.

AboutBuckets
06-02-2015, 10:36 PM
Towns really needs to do some work on those legs. He seems he will be very good but I already knew this before the video.

OT: He talks kinda of strange, I'm not saying he's a fakkot but his voice is kinda of feminine.

Mild-mannered and articulate, like Duncan in a way (inb4 Duncan comparisons).

PickernRoller
06-02-2015, 10:48 PM
So that's the Lakers pick. Not bad. :pimp:

Velocirap31
06-02-2015, 10:51 PM
I'm very impressed. He doesn't move like a typical 7 footer, he's going to be a star.

buddha
06-02-2015, 10:54 PM
can't wait till the Lakers pick him then Westbrook comes in 2017, lakeshow gonna go in dry on the league.

Fallen Angel
06-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Rasheed Wallace with discipline, wowowowowowow

The Timberwolves Head Coaching job is more salivating than we think it is.

Rubio- pass first, elite defender
Lavine- uber athleticism, shooting potential, possible microwave scorer
Muhammad- strong 3, post potential, can play the 2 with better shooting, can play 4 with better strength
Wiggins- potential two way franchise player
Bennett- potential stretch PF, energetic offensive rebounder, strong finisher
Towns- do it all offensive PF, shot blocker, potential to play 5 with better strength

Then you've got the choice of strong post presence Nikola Pekovic or young rim protector Gorgui Dieng. And you can't forget locker room leader Kevin Garnett anchoring the team and pushing everyone to get better.

Who's saying in two to three years this team couldn't make the playoffs and be the next Oklahoma City.

ImKobe
06-03-2015, 01:37 AM
hope Minny still has a hard-on for Okafor like they did some months ago

honestly, Towns to me has more potential than any other player in the draft by far. Okafor is a great finisher inside, but he can't shoot the ball all that well and he isn't a good defensive player.

KAT on the other hand can shoot, score inside and play defense. As a Laker fan, my #1 concern is finding a rim protector right now. Towns isn't a legitimate 5, but he can play both 4 and 5 while Okafor's shooting keeps him from being able to play the 4 due to lack of shooting ability.

#2 pick is great and we'll get one of Okafor/Towns, but I really want Towns.

JerrySeinfeld
06-03-2015, 01:53 AM
He is already a better FT shooter than most guards who are coming into the league.... That is huge...

Wiggins/Towns is going to be a badass duo. Not often we have seen a team in a situation like this, getting a rare perimeter talent like Wiggins one year and then the dominant big the next.

shoops
06-03-2015, 03:28 AM
Something interesting to note though, according to the draftexpress video on his weaknesses he has huge feet: size 20 (they noted that it might "limit his footwork on advanced moves").

For reference, some other players shoe sizes:
Shaq 22
Duncan, Hakeem 16
Yao, Dwight 18

bdreason
06-03-2015, 03:57 AM
I'm sold.

Gonna make a NBA2K team and draft this kid. :oldlol:

ZenMaster
06-03-2015, 05:03 AM

Defend
Pass
Big Physical body

I bet you said something worse about Anthony Davis before he was drafted as well..

UK2K
06-03-2015, 06:53 AM
He has lost a lot of weight since I last saw him wearing UK blue.

PleezeBelieve
06-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Embiid would dust this dude in a game. Too advanced. Too physically imposing. Just too damn good. :roll:

All this hype about Wiggins/Towns when Embiid/Russell will be infinitely better.

Eric Cartman
06-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Embiid would dust this dude in a game. Too advanced. Too physically imposing. Just too damn good. :roll:

All this hype about Wiggins/Towns when Embiid/Mudiay will be infinitely better.
fixed

IllegalD
06-03-2015, 08:53 AM

All this hype about Wiggins/Towns when Embiid/Russell will be infinitely better.

How about Embiid prove that he can even make it onto an NBA court and play ONE NBA minute without his foot falling off before we make any silly proclamations...? :lol

FireMcFailPlease
06-03-2015, 08:56 AM
How about Embiid prove that he can even make it onto an NBA court and play ONE NBA minute without his foot falling off before we make any silly proclamations...? :lol
that would make too much sense for one to think like that