PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford on Towns

UK2K
06-02-2015, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE]Big men can

HOoopCityJones
06-02-2015, 07:45 PM
If Minne passes on Towns I'm gonna laugh all the way to opening day.

Kblaze8855
06-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Chad Ford on Darko:

“Darko really is one of a kind. He runs the floor, handles the ball, shoots an NBA three and plays with his back to the basket. So you can slot him at the 3, 4 or 5. Okay, a few other guys can do that too; what sets Darko apart is his toughness in the post. You’ve got to love a guy who has the footwork to spin by an opponent but still prefers to lower a shoulder and bang. Fact is, Milicic plays in attack mode at both ends of the floor. The more you push, the more he pushes back.”

Chad Ford, ESPN Insider, June 23rd Edition, ESPN the Magazine

And:

Ford: Darko was just phenomenal. It couldn't have been more perfect in a certain way. At some point the coaches got involved and asked to see particular things. And Darko couldn't miss and was aggressive and rose to the moment with the players watching. I was sitting next to (Dumars). He's not expressive, he plays everything close to the vest. But Darko was just so impressive. It was literally the best workout I've ever seen. I've seen hundreds and it was the best. When you have a 7-1 kid, who is 17 years old, doing the things he was doing, it was a "wow" moment, especially for a team that needed a big man. There was just a buzz afterward.

Not that he was alone..............

“They tried to hold Darko Milicic down in Europe. It didn’t work there – and it’s not going to work here.”
June 23rd Edition, ESPN the Magazine

“The NBA? The NBA is entertainment. Basketball in Serbia is business.”
Zeljko Lukajic, Head Coach of Hemofarm, Darko Milicic’s premier league team, June 23rd Edition, ESPN the Magazine

“He’s going to own the game. Own the game. We’re going to have to build a new arena. The only thing that could destroy a kid like that is a woman.”
Will Robinson talking about Darko Milicic after seeing him work-out in Detroit, May 30, 2003, ESPN.com

“The last time Hemofarm played Buducnost, in Montenegro, the fans threw cell phones at Milicic. When he dunks early on tonight, it is with reprisal on his face. He doesn’t run like a seven-footer. His flesh and bone are proportioned as though by a knowing hand.”
Brett Forrest, June 23rd Edition, ESPN the Magazine

“You can’t teach Darko’s lateral quickness or explosiveness. He needs to get a bit stronger, but not too strong, because that quickness gives him a bigger advantage in the post than more strength ever will.”
Arnie Kander, June 23rd Edition, ESPN the Magazine

“Darko reminds me of a young Wilt Chamberlain. Wilt used to do a little of everything, and I haven’t seen a big man with so much skill since Wilt.”
Will Robinson, June 23rd Edition, ESPN the Magazine

“The brothers are going to respect him.”
Brett Forrest regarding Darko Milicic, June 23rd Edition, ESPN the Magazine

But what really excites them is his mature low-post play. "More than Nowitzki, Gasol or even Divac, Darko has a nasty streak in him that will help him succeed in the post," a league executive said. "A lot of the Europeans are really threes in the pros. He'll be a true low-post player. His coach is doing us a huge favor by forcing him to develop those skills now. He already has moves that remind me of (Hakeem) Olajuwon in the post. Once we get a hold of him, the sky's the limit."

"He practices six hours per day with Hemofarm and performs against men nearly twice his age in front of a steady stream of NBA personnel evaluators, who have made Vrsac a regular stop. He is 7-0, 245, a lefthander with a reliable deep stroke and an impressive variety of moves that draw comparisons with Kevin Garnett’s. Milicic has averaged 23.5 minutes, 13.6 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.6 blocks for Hemofarm this season."
Sean Deveney, The Sporting News

Kblaze8855
06-02-2015, 07:52 PM
For the record....not comparing the two. Just saying....guys like Chad Ford can get a little excited about a mobile bigman.

Jameerthefear
06-02-2015, 07:52 PM
i want my big to play like a big. but it's good he has the ability.

HOoopCityJones
06-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Damn , talk about seeing the forest for the trees.

UK2K
06-02-2015, 08:01 PM
For the record....not comparing the two. Just saying....guys like Chad Ford can get a little excited about a mobile bigman.
It's what the trainer said that got me excited.

lilteapot
06-02-2015, 08:07 PM
I was hoping to see more of his post game in that workout video.

noob cake
06-02-2015, 08:38 PM
I want my bigs to be dominant like Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson. If I wanted a James Harden, I would draft Russell or Winslow.

FKAri
06-02-2015, 09:40 PM

Darko was really talented though. All those comments are addressing his comment. What people didn't know was the maturity and character issues.

Thorn
06-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Didn't Chad Ford get called out for editing his draft evaluations years after the fact?

Kingwillball
06-02-2015, 10:06 PM
i want my big to play like a big. but it's good he has the ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aUpq0PvlHA

well he can also do that..

Charlie Sheen
06-03-2015, 12:24 AM
It's what the trainer said that got me excited.

MacLean is a regular on Petros and Money radio show. He sells his guys HARD every year at the draft. MacLean is a good dude, love listening to him... I wouldn't take him at his word here. He's promoting his guys. Last draft he was telling anyone who could listen that Elfrid shot it better from NBA range his shot is going to be fine.

FireMcFailPlease
06-03-2015, 12:34 AM
Didn't Chad Ford get called out for editing his draft evaluations years after the fact?
Yep. I cant imagine anyone who is in the know will give Ford actual facts. He has KAT penciled in as 1...so feeding him Okafor steam from Minnys end isn't making him budge.