PDA

View Full Version : Cassius Stanley...who?? WTF Dunk.

derb2k2
06-03-2015, 10:42 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2484192-14-year-old-cassius-stanley-uses-insane-hops-to-throw-down-cookie-jar-dunk?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

not sure if the hoop is at 10 feet, but his vertical seems Carter-ish. Holy hell! :applause: :applause:

HylianNightmare
06-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Instant ups

JimmyMcAdocious
06-03-2015, 06:25 PM
14 years old? gtfo. I need to see that birth certificate.

Don't know if this birthday on nbadraft is right but they say 99. 15 (couple months from 16.) Looks like he classified down, too. I wonder why. People normally do it because physically they are too underdeveloped (clearly he's not) or academics.

TheReal Kendall
06-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Damn that looked easy.

It seems like these kids are getting taller and taller every year.

Wish I was 6'5 in the 10th grade.

Real Men Wear Green
06-03-2015, 07:01 PM
If I was his or (years back) Carter's coach I would ask them not to do that dunk. It looks dangerous, if the fingers get tangled in the net that could be bad. Anyway if it's true he classed down he shouldn't have. That is a trick for kids that are borderline on a scholarship to get one. If he's a real NBA prospect he only delayed his career by a season and would have gotten scholarship offers regardless.

Taller than CP3
06-03-2015, 07:03 PM
The only reason people care is because of his name. When was the last time you saw an alpha named Cassius dunk?

Imagine if his first name was Bob. He wouldn't even get a single view.

Cocaine80s
06-03-2015, 07:13 PM
If I was his or (years back) Carter's coach I would ask them not to do that dunk. It looks dangerous, if the fingers get tangled in the net that could be bad. Anyway if it's true he classed down he shouldn't have. That is a trick for kids that are borderline on a scholarship to get one. If he's a real NBA prospect he only delayed his career by a season and would have gotten scholarship offers regardless.
I think he only has one scholarship offer so he's not really considered an nba prospect yet

CavaliersFTW
06-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Awesome. Just plain awesome. :applause:

No gimmicks. No overreaction by the camera guy and a bro-posse that makes it seem forced and/or like he attempted and failed 1,000 times before. Just pure athleticism on display making something few people can do look easy :applause: :applause:

Real Men Wear Green
06-03-2015, 07:57 PM
I think he only has one scholarship offer so he's not really considered an nba prospect yet
I'm not going to call him an NBA prospect (only thing I know about kid is this dunk) but already having a scholarship offer at 14 is pretty big. Reason enough not to class down, with the hype from this vid if he's a good player there will be many more offers to come.

Alamо
06-03-2015, 08:08 PM
What are they feeding kids these days

CavaliersFTW
06-03-2015, 08:13 PM
What are they feeding kids these days
Hashbrowns Grits and Ham

JimmyMcAdocious
06-03-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm not going to call him an NBA prospect (only thing I know about kid is this dunk) but already having a scholarship offer at 14 is pretty big. Reason enough not to class down, with the hype from this vid if he's a good player there will be many more offers to come.

Depends from what schools. A lot of the lesser schools take a chance early trying to get in on a recruitment before the big dogs. Sometimes it actually pays off. At the very least the recruit tends to keep those schools on the final list and if that recruit turns into a all-american, it's good publicity for the school.

ISHGoat
06-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Hashbrowns Grits and Ham

Human Growth HGH

SugarHill
06-03-2015, 08:32 PM
those regular speed to slowmo dunk videos are stupid if they don't show the regular version too.