PDA

View Full Version : Could be a bogus report (maybe repeat thread) but Cousins to LA for #2 pick?

GOBB
06-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Sac/LA fans anyone hear any rumors on that? No link on my end, just came across two random people mentioning it.

HylianNightmare
06-03-2015, 05:59 PM
I love it for L.A.

Mass Debator
06-03-2015, 06:00 PM
Lol Cousins and Kobe. I'd love to see how that works out.

Levity
06-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Haven't heard a single thing about that. Though, it crossed my mind as soon as we got the pick. No doubt it would take (at least) #2 + Randle + Hou pick/Expiring Jordan Hill.

id be all for it.

Levity
06-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Lol Cousins and Kobe. I'd love to see how that works out.

Kobe loves Cousins game + passion. Would work great.

TheReal Kendall
06-03-2015, 06:12 PM
I think I would rather take a chance on Towns or Okafor. They seem a lot easier to coach and they're younger too.

scm5
06-03-2015, 06:15 PM
I actually think DMC is the best center in the league, which is what we're trying to get out of the draft.

DMC is also barely 24. If we get him I would be soooo happy.

EDIT: dude, **** it. Hope the Lakers swing for Rudy Gay too. He's likely better than any FA SF we'll get.

Clarkson
Kobe
Young
Gay
Cousins

gts
06-03-2015, 06:43 PM
I dunno GOBB.. I'd have to chew on this for a bit...

if you keep the pick basically you're betting that that guy will be better than Cousins for the long haul... Cousins is pretty damn good

GOBB
06-03-2015, 06:46 PM

if you keep the pick basically you're betting that that guy will be better than Cousins for the long haul... Cousins is pretty damn good

Man i would be pissed if LA landed Cousins. :oldlol:

gts
06-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Man i would be pissed if LA landed Cousins. :oldlol:

lots of folks would be.. Cuban would proably start writing letters to the league office again :roll:

Sactown fans how's Cousin's durability been

Jameerthefear
06-03-2015, 06:50 PM
um that isn't happening. SAC has made it clear

Levity
06-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Sactown fans how's Cousin's durability been

besides a random ass illness that kept him out a month, hes been pretty damn healthy, sans the occasional ankle sprain

hes the premiere bigman LA needs.

gts
06-03-2015, 06:57 PM
besides a random ass illness that kept him out a month, hes been pretty damn healthy, sans the occasional ankle sprain

hes the premiere bigman LA needs.

Lakers wouldn't have to give up much for him since they are so far under the cap they can take on the contract so it would depend on what the Kings wanted besides the #2 pick

Jameerthefear
06-03-2015, 07:00 PM

trust me there's no substance to this rumor. there was a Vucevic +#5 for Cousins rumor going around but it was just fan speculation.

outbreak
06-03-2015, 07:06 PM
trust me there's no substance to this rumor. there was a Vucevic +#5 for Cousins rumor going around but it was just fan speculation.

Wasn't that also because Sac said they want him into the eastern conference?

gts
06-03-2015, 07:10 PM
trust me there's no substance to this rumor. there was a Vucevic +#5 for Cousins rumor going around but it was just fan speculation.Oh i know... it's a rumor fueled by Karl saying "nobody is untradeable"....

Still fun to talk about and crunch the numbers

Dr Seuss
06-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Lakers should throw everything they have at Sac to get Cousins.

#2, Randle, Jordan Hill's option and maybe even clarkson if thats whats needed to get done. Dont think we have any future picks right now.

It's a whole lot to give up, but you trade for Cousins, and you go after LMA hard in the off season. He wants to a be full time PF, and this allows him to do that. Best front court in the league. Go after rondo (yuck, i know) for cheap.

Bosnian Sajo
06-04-2015, 01:44 PM

#2, Randle, Jordan Hill's option and maybe even clarkson if thats whats needed to get done. Dont think we have any future picks right now.

It's a whole lot to give up, but you trade for Cousins, and you go after LMA hard in the off season. He wants to a be full time PF, and this allows him to do that. Best front court in the league. Go after rondo (yuck, i know) for cheap.

Sorry, we are not the Knicks to trade away all our young assets.

ClipperRevival
06-04-2015, 01:45 PM

Whoa. Thank God you're not our GM.

Dr Seuss
06-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Sorry, we are not the Knicks to trade away all our young assets.

For the best C in the league who's only 24 and the potential to sign a top 3/4 PF? Lakers would be contenders for the next 5 years.

PP34Deuce
06-04-2015, 01:50 PM
I could see this happening for the sole reason that George Karl would want complete control of his players and team. Karl would take Towns/Okafor and feel he can mold them.

ClipperRevival
06-04-2015, 01:52 PM
For the best C in the league who's only 24 and the potential to sign a top 3/4 PF? Lakers would be contenders for the next 5 years.

Why go after Aldridge? He's 30. He has a few prime years left. We should get guys just entering their prime.

Look, we are set at PG and PF. Randle and Clarkson are going to be good, possibly stars. We will get a C this draft. So we got a 5. So we need a great wing player and a SG once Kobe is gone.

Why throw everything at Sac to get Cousins and have a 30 year old Aldridge and nothing else? And we would also have Davis and Black. Only bigs with absolutely no 1-3 players.

kurple
06-04-2015, 02:00 PM
um that isn't happening. SAC has made it clear
they wouldnt have hired George Karl if they wanted to rebuild

veilside23
06-04-2015, 02:11 PM
if they get cousins ... count me in XD... For real? Cousins was tearing it up with a journey man in collison no diss to him but he was just a great fit for that team.

and will all the cap space that the lakers have... Oh man Kobe might be hated again if this would happen.

Springsteen
06-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Sac has way too much leverage if the Lakers decide to bite on this. They'll strip them of every young asset they have.

Jameerthefear
06-04-2015, 02:30 PM
they wouldnt have hired George Karl if they wanted to rebuild
yep. exactly

veilside23
06-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Sac has way too much leverage if the Lakers decide to bite on this. They'll strip them of every young asset they have.

well we might be forgetting the pau gasol trade.. LA is a risk taker so it wont be breaking news if this would happen. Plus kobe and the lakers are in a win now situation .

Clarkson
Kobe
Young
Free agent
Cousins

:bowdown:

veilside23
06-04-2015, 02:33 PM
yep. exactly

having george karl will not put them into being a title contenders specially in the west.

they have mclemore and stauskas at the 2.

gay at the 3

collison at PG

the real only bright light there is cousins.

why would sacrament wouldn't want

Collison
Mclemore
Gay
Okafor
WCS

but seriously i love me some mclemore and stauskas but unless they turn in to a klay thompson or even a chris middleton kinda guy they wont win the ring anytime soon... even with karl being their head coach . maybe if nba would move kings to the east though they would do everything to keep cousins

Crown&Coke
06-04-2015, 04:58 PM
It's going to take Boogie to throw a major hissy fit for him to get dealt out of Sactown.

They know what type of talent they have. They aint moving him unless he does something asinine

Sound bogus to me

Rooster
06-04-2015, 05:20 PM

Nope I rather keep the number 2 pick which is more promising than pick up a very good player with extra baggage and little impact despite his numbers suggest.

Eric Cartman
06-04-2015, 05:25 PM
Kings are stupid but not this stupid.

Out_In_Utah
06-04-2015, 05:50 PM
The #2 pick is just the starting point. SAC would require more from LA.