PDA

View Full Version : worst NBA finals teams / quirky moments

Jasper
06-04-2015, 09:41 AM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/06/the-worst-teams-to-make-the-nba-finals/new-jersey-nets
LoL at number #1... quit the record.
Doubt any of the teams this year will top the above teams.

One of my fond memories - Heat win a game , with Bosh scoring ZERO points , but his defense , boards and passing led the team to a victory.
talk about quirky.

*name one of your quirky moments you remember in an NBA finals game -

plowking
06-04-2015, 10:51 AM
It is funny that the 2007 Cavs made that list, since I'm sitting here watching a re run of game 4 of the 2007 finals on ESPN.

Man do both teams stink. I'm talking about the Spurs too. This is just ugly basketball. At the time, I can't remember thinking the same way, but was 2007 a really down year for basketball in general?
I feel as if basketball was exponentially worse in 07 currently watching this shit. The 13 and 14 Spurs would have swept this 07 team. So glad that 08 Celtics team formed, because basketball seemed to get back on track after that, and it almost seemed to spawn great team basketball.

I didn't get this feeling with any other final apart from 07. The game really just seemed to suck then...

ArbitraryWater
06-04-2015, 10:58 AM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/06/the-worst-teams-to-make-the-nba-finals/new-jersey-nets
LoL at number #1... quit the record.
Doubt any of the teams this year will top the above teams.

One of my fond memories - Heat win a game , with Bosh scoring ZERO points , but his defense , boards and passing led the team to a victory.
talk about quirky.

*name one of your quirky moments you remember in an NBA finals game -

Bosh had 7 rebounds and 2 assists.. on top of 0 points, 5 fouls.

Ne 1
06-04-2015, 11:03 AM
It is funny that the 2007 Cavs made that list, since I'm sitting here watching a re run of game 4 of the 2007 finals on ESPN.

Man do both teams stink. I'm talking about the Spurs too. This is just ugly basketball. At the time, I can't remember thinking the same way, but was 2007 a really down year for basketball in general?
I feel as if basketball was exponentially worse in 07 currently watching this shit. The 13 and 14 Spurs would have swept this 07 team. So glad that 08 Celtics team formed, because basketball seemed to get back on track after that, and it almost seemed to spawn great team basketball.

I didn't get this feeling with any other final apart from 07. The game really just seemed to suck then...
The Spurs actually should have lost in the WCSF if not for Cheap Shot Rob and David Stern.

riseagainst
06-04-2015, 11:35 AM
The Spurs actually should have lost in the WCSF if not for Cheap Shot Rob and David Stern.

this.

Wally450
06-04-2015, 11:43 AM
In 2010 Ray Allen set the record for 3s made in a Finals game, then the next game proceeded to go 0-13 from the field. :banghead:

Jasper
06-05-2015, 12:16 PM
In 2010 Ray Allen set the record for 3s made in a Finals game, then the next game proceeded to go 0-13 from the field. :banghead:

Forgot about that one. :applause:
That was horrible , and if I recall it cost his team the win.

navy
06-05-2015, 12:19 PM
The mean is a terrible thing. Remember Danny Green in 2013?

ninephive
06-05-2015, 12:30 PM

That Spurs team was really really good, but the Finals just weren't. That was the closest year you had to Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili all in their primes and then you had really good role players like Bowen, Horry, Barry, Finley, etc. They beat probably the best Phoenix Nash/Stoudemire/Marion team there was in 6. The series before, Lebron has one of the greatest performances in playoff history, and then Tony Parker had one of the top 3-4 playoff series of his career in the Finals (actually outplayed Lebron). There were times where it got ugly, but the Spurs were a really good defensive team that year.

Legends66NBA7
06-05-2015, 12:42 PM
That Spurs team was really really good, but the Finals just weren't. That was the closest year you had to Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili all in their primes and then you had really good role players like Bowen, Horry, Barry, Finley, etc. They beat probably the best Phoenix Nash/Stoudemire/Marion team there was in 6. The series before, Lebron has one of the greatest performances in playoff history, and then Tony Parker had one of the top 3-4 playoff series of his career in the Finals (actually outplayed Lebron). There were times where it got ugly, but the Spurs were a really good defensive team that year.

I would say the 2005 Spurs were the best version of the big 3, especially during the playoffs. They also beat the best version of the Nash era (Suns at least had 6 guys giving you double digit scoring including Joe Johnson and Q-Richardson), Amare and Nash at their absolute best) too and the defending champion Pistons in 7 games.

Like all of the pre-10 Spurs teams, they were slow paced and had great defense, but that 05 team is still the best overall for me.