PDA

View Full Version : Today's NBA is "touch basketball"

Showtime80'
06-04-2015, 01:56 PM
LOL! These guys say it better than I ever could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Mhn2-POEs

Carter_17
06-04-2015, 02:14 PM
All these has been wanna be tough guys, so butthurt because they are not the center of attention anymore. Game is so much better now, and with a few exceptions the average player until 00's would be between bench and D-League today. The game has evolved society has evolved while they have aged and are closer to deathbed.
If I want to see elbows I will watch MMA. Kids nowadays spend more time training than them , eat better, dont smoke ( weed is fine doesn't hurt your career physicaly) and they are better than them overall. They just can't accept that they belong in the past.

Carter_17
06-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Oh and I believe peak Kobe>Jordan and there is only one GOATBE. So don't take me for an MJ stan.

keep-itreal
06-04-2015, 02:17 PM
All these has been wanna be tough guys, so butthurt because they are not the center of attention anymore. Game is so much better now, and with a few exceptions the average player until 00's would be between bench and D-League today. The game has involved, society has involved while they have aged and are closer to deathbed.
If I want to see elbows I will watch MMA. Kids nowadays spend more time training than them , eat better, dont smoke ( weed is fine doesn't hurt your career physicaly) and they are better than them overall. They just can't accept that they belong in the past.

:roll:

SHAQisGOAT
06-04-2015, 02:24 PM
All these has been wanna be tough guys, so butthurt because they are not the center of attention anymore. Game is so much better now, and with a few exceptions the average player until 00's would be between bench and D-League today. The game has involved, society has involved while they have aged and are closer to deathbed.

Clear case of society's involution, right here :applause:

Carter_17
06-04-2015, 02:28 PM
**** it seems I am the new Christian Thompson the wind defender :facepalm

bond10
06-04-2015, 02:50 PM

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :lol

Out_In_Utah
06-04-2015, 03:30 PM
If the game is so much better, then why does Harden shoot so many free throws?

Out_In_Utah
06-04-2015, 03:30 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Showtime80'
06-04-2015, 03:31 PM
The game today is either 3 pointers or layups! Pathetic. The game in the 80's and before had EVERYTHING!

I remember watching a 10 position stretch in the Wizards Hawks series were each team took 5 3 points only making about 4, taking virtually 20 seconds off the shot clock with guys dribbling around by passing open 2's just to get off a contested 3 pointer! That's the modern NBA in a nutshell!

The average NBA player in the 80's spent between 3 to 4 years in college honing their skills and fundamentals that's why offenses looked so polished instead of these raw athletes coming into the league with no idea how to really play the game, they just run fast and jump high! Dwight Howard still has the worst offensive post game for a big that I've ever seen and he's supposed to be the best center today!.

The NBA didn't need to alter the rules in the 80's for the game to look good, the players did that by themselves. That is in total contrast to what's been going on since 2000 where the league just can't stop tinkering with the rules in order to artificially enhance the league.

The 80's NBA was ruled by MEN and the rules favored that. The league now is filled with raw kids and the league NEEDED to alter the rules to favor their lack of skills,fundamentals, IQ and toughness and that's what you see today.

Carter_17
06-04-2015, 04:25 PM
The game today is either 3 pointers or layups! Pathetic. The game in the 80's and before had EVERYTHING!

I remember watching a 10 position stretch in the Wizards Hawks series were each team took 5 3 points only making about 4, taking virtually 20 seconds off the shot clock with guys dribbling around by passing open 2's just to get off a contested 3 pointer! That's the modern NBA in a nutshell!

The average NBA player in the 80's spent between 3 to 4 years in college honing their skills and fundamentals that's why offenses looked so polished instead of these raw athletes coming into the league with no idea how to really play the game, they just run fast and jump high! Dwight Howard still has the worst offensive post game for a big that I've ever seen and he's supposed to be the best center today!.

The NBA didn't need to alter the rules in the 80's for the game to look good, the players did that by themselves. That is in total contrast to what's been going on since 2000 where the league just can't stop tinkering with the rules in order to artificially enhance the league.

The 80's NBA was ruled by MEN and the rules favored that. The league now is filled with raw kids and the league NEEDED to alter the rules to favor their lack of skills,fundamentals, IQ and toughness and that's what you see today.

1: LeBald and Kobe say high
2: Marc and Cousins >Dwight
3: Just because you look tough and you preted to be doesn't mean you are aswell. If you want to fight go get in a ring and fight like a man. Acting like an asshole because thats suppose to be a "man's behavior" in a basketball game doesn't make you anything else than a pathetic loser. Put a 1 year MMA/Muay Thai/Boxing amateur trained guy vs couple of those "tough" 80s guys to fight and the 80s guys will be sleeping in seconds.

Carter_17
06-04-2015, 04:29 PM

Because his first step and drive moves are top notch

Showtime80'
06-04-2015, 04:53 PM
1. Do you honestly believe the product on the floor overall has been better served by guys leaving early? There is a reason why not only the NBA product was top notch in the 80's but also the NCAA reached its peak as well. What happened when those 80's players got old or retired and gave way to the rawer less fundamentally sound players of the 90's!?! The early 2000's happened and that almost killed the league and forced them to adopt rules that were EASIER for players of less skill than those before.

2. Olajuwon, Sampson, Kareem, Moses, Ewing, Parish>>>> Cousins or Gasol (Softest and slowest post game I've seen in a long time) just to name a few. Hell the PF's in that decade had more rugged post games than Gasol.

3. The point of being TOUGH has nothing to do with fighting, it's about playing PHYSICAL and AGRESSIVE! About getting in the players heads before they step into that lane. The players who could rise above it were the true special ones. That element of tough physicality alone got the Pistons wins over the Bulls in three straight playoffs because guys like Pippen, Grant and Paxson wanted NO PART of that style of play.

In today's soft pussified NBA players don't have to worry about that kind of physicality because the rules have taken it away and made it easier for today's kiddies. That's why the golden generation of players from the 80's like Magic, Bird, Isaiah, Jordan, Wilkins, Erving, Malone, Barkley etc... will ALWAYS be regarded higher than the ones after it, because they were EXPOSED to the licking and gave it right back.

The league didn't need to change the rules for the 80's players to make it easier on them, they did for this generation!

Carter_17
06-04-2015, 05:21 PM
1. Do you honestly believe the product on the floor overall has been better served by guys leaving early? There is a reason why not only the NBA product was top notch in the 80's but also the NCAA reached its peak as well. What happened when those 80's players got old or retired and gave way to the rawer less fundamentally sound players of the 90's!?! The early 2000's happened and that almost killed the league and forced them to adopt rules that were EASIER for players of less skill than those before.

2. Olajuwon, Sampson, Kareem, Moses, Ewing, Parish>>>> Cousins or Gasol (Softest and slowest post game I've seen in a long time) just to name a few. Hell the PF's in that decade had more rugged post games than Gasol.

3. The point of being TOUGH has nothing to do with fighting, it's about playing PHYSICAL and AGRESSIVE! About getting in the players heads before they step into that lane. The players who could rise above it were the true special ones. That element of tough physicality alone got the Pistons wins over the Bulls in three straight playoffs because guys like Pippen, Grant and Paxson wanted NO PART of that style of play.

In today's soft pussified NBA players don't have to worry about that kind of physicality because the rules have taken it away and made it easier for today's kiddies. That's why the golden generation of players from the 80's like Magic, Bird, Isaiah, Jordan, Wilkins, Erving, Malone, Barkley etc... will ALWAYS be regarded higher than the ones after it, because they were EXPOSED to the licking and gave it right back.

The league didn't need to change the rules for the 80's players to make it easier on them, they did for this generation!

From your posts you seem old yet you still act like its high school. What do you mean "pussified"? Hand checking and using "dirty" shit to win a game and "get in your opponents" head makes the game better? Show me a guy with Curry's/AI/Irving handling from 80s. 80s isn't the golden generation THIS is. You witness the goat (Kobe) , a nature freak (LeCrab) with basketball skills, the 2 best shooters of all time (Curry and Klay), big who can shot 3s and can do more things than camp the post 24/7 hiting people(K.Love,Davis,Milsap,Gasol brothers,Dirk) and lots of other stars (Carmelo,Lillard,Griffin,etc,etc).
Do you seriously believe that any 80s guy could put his body ( I don't know the actual term) vs LeCrab, Cousins, Howard, Iguadola, VC, Blake? They would posterise 3-4 guys per game.
Every starting PG of todays league except Beverly, Lin and whoever starts for Knicks would be considered the GOAT if he played in the 80s.
You seriously think that the 80s had better perimeted defenders than Artest? Tony Allen? JButler?

Stop living in the past . High school is over and you are in 2015. People actually play basketball now not brawling and hand checking pretending that's "defense".

SHAQisGOAT
06-04-2015, 05:48 PM

Don't worry, rest of your post was as terrible as that spelling... No surprise, since you have no clue about what you're saying.
****in' elementary school kids, can't even write and wanna talk about basketball and its history, evolution and such :rolleyes: :facepalm

ralph_i_el
06-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Stop watching then

Leftimage
06-04-2015, 06:03 PM
LOL! These guys say it better than I ever could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Mhn2-POEs

hmm... the players today are twice as strong and muscular as players in the past. Why don't they all just shed the weight if contact is so restricted?

Why are players like Lebron "advantaged" by having Karl Malone-esque builds? Doesn' that make him disadvantaged? Somebody should really inform these athletes they're carrying too much extra weight.

People should be gunning for dat rookie Durant build....

Straight_Ballin
06-04-2015, 06:23 PM
All these has been wanna be tough guys, so butthurt because they are not the center of attention anymore. Game is so much better now, and with a few exceptions the average player until 00's would be between bench and D-League today. The game has evolved society has evolved while they have aged and are closer to deathbed.

Do you really think that any of these guys would prefer to watch watered down basketball these days? Touch fouls are now flagrant. You have the mentality of a soft generation Z kid.

senelcoolidge
06-04-2015, 08:25 PM

Because of this. The NBA let's this happen.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2pwUcjAUTA4/Uz9wmAKQYnI/AAAAAAAAEnA/NtaMQa0tEko/s1600/6.gif

sd3035
06-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Because of this. The NBA let's this happen.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2pwUcjAUTA4/Uz9wmAKQYnI/AAAAAAAAEnA/NtaMQa0tEko/s1600/6.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kvnzhangyay
06-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Do you really think that any of these guys would prefer to watch watered down basketball these days? Touch fouls are now flagrant. You have the mentality of a soft generation Z kid.

Why does it matter if the level of play is higher now?

Da_Realist
06-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Nothing really to add. Showtime preaching that TRUTH :applause:

diamenz
06-05-2015, 05:26 PM
carter_17 was only a seed at the time of 80's basketball - he's hadn't involved yet guys give him a break

J Shuttlesworth
06-05-2015, 05:30 PM
:roll: :roll: :cheers: :cheers: