PDA

View Full Version : Was Lebron depressed in the 2011 Finals?

Eric Cartman
06-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Thought about this earlier eating ice cream and thinking about some bitch.

Is it possible that something happened between beating the Bulls and the Finals? A reality check driven so hard it got Lebron shook. We all know Lebron is a mental midget, maybe shit got too real for that nikka. Explains the comments he made after losing to all the celebrating haters, it wasn't even about basketball, it was more than that, something bigger than all of us.

Bran was thinking to much about life man. What does it all mean all this shit I've seein? Human beings scream vocal javelins, sign of a local nikka unraveling.

zoom17
06-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Nope he just played awful.

Mass Debator
06-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Forreal it's:

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2010/02/14/dwayne%20wadex.jpg

Levity
06-04-2015, 06:45 PM
it would explain the hair loss.

Trollsmasher
06-04-2015, 06:45 PM
He had a deal with Wade - he would take him to the Finals, where Wade would be the alpha man for one last time and then he would give the keys to the franchise to LeBron

Wade failed and could not make it though

Beastmode88
06-04-2015, 06:47 PM
He had a deal with Wade - he would take him to the Finals, where Wade would be the alpha man for one last time and then he would give the keys to the franchise to LeBron

Wade: 234 minutes, 61%TS, 11%TRB, 28.7%AST, 2.1%STL, 3.6%BLK, 10.4%TOV, 30.2%USG, 120 ORTG. 22.7 GMSC.

Lebron: 262 minutes, 54%TS, 10.6%TRB, 28.8%AST, 2.1%STL, 1%BLK, 19.5%TOV, 22.9%USG, 102 ORTG. 13.7 GMSC.

BasedTom
06-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Wade: 234 minutes, 61%TS, 11%TRB, 28.7%AST, 2.1%STL, 3.6%BLK, 10.4%TOV, 30.2%USG, 120 ORTG. 22.7 GMSC.

Lebron: 262 minutes, 54%TS, 10.6%TRB, 28.8%AST, 2.1%STL, 1%BLK, 19.5%TOV, 22.9%USG, 102 ORTG. 13.7 GMSC.
http://i.imgur.com/jnIRkOZ.gif

red1
06-04-2015, 06:49 PM

this actually a ban-worthy post

jimmy77x
06-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Memories
http://balljunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/3876_NpAdvSinglePhoto.jpg

Hey Yo
06-04-2015, 06:57 PM

:applause: Not sure why others can't acknowledge the truth.

Eric Cartman
06-04-2015, 07:10 PM

Christ man... :facepalm

Beastmode88
06-04-2015, 07:34 PM
:applause: Not sure why others can't acknowledge the truth.

There's a reason why Lebron was ridiculed by the media for choking in 2011. Collusion and falling below expectations? :facepalm

Trollsmasher
06-04-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm waiting on being proven wrong

JohnFreeman
06-04-2015, 07:37 PM
I would be scared if the mafia came and visited me

Beastmode88
06-04-2015, 07:40 PM

Here you go:

2011 finals stats:

in case you don't know what GMSC (gamescore) is, it is: rough measure of a player's productivity in a game. 10 = average performance. So Lebron is slightly above average in the series, while Wade is worth more than 2 average players.

Wade beats Lebron in every stat except in AST% which is only .1% less. Think of it like this, Lebron was looking to pass on every possession and he still only ended up with the same assist rate as Wade, while wade was way more aggressive to score. All this while playing almost 30 minutes less than Lebron.

look at their turnovers. Lebron was twice as likely to turn it over than Wade, you want the ball in his hands even more?

pauk
06-04-2015, 07:44 PM

The way Lebron refused to try score in that series... even this makes sense.

SouBeachTalents
06-04-2015, 07:52 PM
LeBron was under an immense amount of pressure that he unnecessarily put on his shoulders by doing the decision and saying he'd win "not 7" championships. The backlash he received from that summer was as brutal for any athlete that I've ever seen, everyone ranging from fans, former legends, even his former owner were basically calling him a ***** who couldn't win a championship on his own.

He and the Heat were as hated as any athlete/team that I've ever seen that first season together. I think once the Finals rolled around, LeBron knew he HAD to not only win a championship, but win Finals MVP to validate his decision, otherwise everything everyone had been saying about him being unable to win a title as "the man" was going to come to fruition.

I think the pressure of all that just broke him, and once Wade started running away with Finals MVP after the first 2-3 games I think he just collapsed mentally.

LikeABosh
06-04-2015, 07:57 PM
All Lebron haters can do is live in the past. Top 5 GOAT after he wins FMVP this series. Get over it kids.

LA_Showtime
06-04-2015, 08:01 PM
Thought about this earlier eating ice cream and thinking about some bitch.

Is it possible that something happened between beating the Bulls and the Finals? A reality check driven so hard it got Lebron shook. We all know Lebron is a mental midget, maybe shit got too real for that nikka. Explains the comments he made after losing to all the celebrating haters, it wasn't even about basketball, it was more than that, something bigger than all of us.

Bran was thinking to much about life man. What does it all mean all this shit I've seein? Human beings scream vocal javelins, sign of a local nikka unraveling.

I just have to say this... did anyone else interpret LeBron's comments about everyone going back home and living their lives to mean that while they're celebrating now, at the end of the day it's just not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things? That is always how I interpreted what he said, and yet everyone took it as him proclaiming his greatness over us mere mortals. :lol

Hey Yo
06-04-2015, 08:20 PM

Look at the %USG the following 2 Finals when Miami won B2B. You know.....when Wade declared it was "LeBron's team" in the fall of 2011.

The Bulls series in 2011, he and Wade tied for %USG lead at 29.8. Then LeBron dips down to 22.9 for the Finals while Wade's went up. So as you can see, LeBron backed off so Wade could shine and try to get one more FMVP before turning the team over to James.

Plus...LeBron still ended up the league WS leader in the 2011 postseason even with his below points avg. in the Finals.

Hey Yo
06-04-2015, 08:22 PM
I just have to say this... did anyone else interpret LeBron's comments about everyone going back home and living their lives to mean that while they're celebrating now, at the end of the day it's just not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things? That is always how I interpreted what he said, and yet everyone took it as him proclaiming his greatness over us mere mortals. :lol
That's because you can detect simple logic, unlike some others who can't.

Beastmode88
06-04-2015, 08:56 PM
Look at the %USG the following 2 Finals when Miami won B2B. You know.....when Wade declared it was "LeBron's team" in the fall of 2011.

The Bulls series in 2011, he and Wade tied for %USG lead at 29.8. Then LeBron dips down to 22.9 for the Finals while Wade's went up. So as you can see, LeBron backed off so Wade could shine and try to get one more FMVP before turning the team over to James.

Plus...LeBron still ended up the league WS leader in the 2011 postseason even with his below points avg. in the Finals.

Lebron was going to win his first ring but he deferred to wade? BETA AS FCUK.

pauk
06-04-2015, 09:10 PM
LeBron was under an immense amount of pressure that he unnecessarily put on his shoulders by doing the decision and saying he'd win "not 7" championships. The backlash he received from that summer was as brutal for any athlete that I've ever seen, everyone ranging from fans, former legends, even his former owner were basically calling him a ***** who couldn't win a championship on his own.

He and the Heat were as hated as any athlete/team that I've ever seen that first season together. I think once the Finals rolled around, LeBron knew he HAD to not only win a championship, but win Finals MVP to validate his decision, otherwise everything everyone had been saying about him being unable to win a title as "the man" was going to come to fruition.

I think the pressure of all that just broke him, and once Wade started running away with Finals MVP after the first 2-3 games I think he just collapsed mentally.

True, but i dont buy it, because this would deem Lebron mentally weak and thats not true & not what happened... it never happened before & he never did take only 14-15 fga & 2-3 ftas before.... thats not the root cause behind his 11' Finals "performance"....

If he was that mentally weak then why Mavs series all of the sudden after his entire god damn career? He always went out guns blazing.... Did you see him just before that series? Remember? He took the most shots, went to the line, was agressive in every series, hit clutch shots and made clutch defensive stops.... even considered as the best player in the playoffs (remember?).... why Mavs series? Really believe just because its the Finals? That he just crumbled like a bitch in the corner at the simple thought of it being "The Finals" (in a very scary voice) like he never was there before & everything all of the sudden was to much?

Hell no.... this is what happened:

Lebron shot 14-15 FGA & 2-3 FTA that series, on 48% FG... everything else was intact (rebounds, assists, defense), so its not like he played/shot bad and was careful and or even try & choked, he just DIDNT TRY (SCORING WISE), didnt try to take shots / didnt try to get to the line..... it has more to do with decision making rather than playing bad/choking/being mentally weak... and his decision this playoffs was to defer to a hot Wade, to much....

If you really watched this series and accept that Lebron is very unselfish (that he is not a score/gunner first guy like Jordan/Kobe) & that Miami played a "my turn your turn / who ever is hot" offense that year, in a series where Wade was hot... only then will you understand why this happened....

Lebron didnt mind being this passive/unselfish for the teams sake (Wade) because they were actually doing good that series this way.... its only in the clutch/4th where they lost the games, where Wade nor Lebron could deliver enough....

DMV2
06-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Not sure what game it was but once Wade yelled at him, he completely changed.

Wade was having an all-time GOAT Finals series after 4 before getting hurt in Game 5. Only one to show up in Game 4 where LeBron had quit when he posted 8 points. LOL, Bron straight up sucked in that series. He's even joked about it on and Q&A Twitter session last year.

THere's no excuse or anybody else to blame other than LeBron for that series.

Your hero admit being at fault for that series. How does that make you feel?

DMV2
06-04-2015, 09:23 PM
The only "depression" related concern I can think of is that LeBron didn't like being a villain. Realized that he would win his first ever championship and somehow be villainized by NBA fans and media alike.

After being scrutinized and hated so much that in the 2012 Finals, he was actually the underdog. Everybody said he was scared of the spotlight, big stage, etc. That probably made him felt honorable because he was about to win his first ring as an underdog instead of as a villain.

That's the only thing I can see happening between LeBron's mental state between 2011 and 2012. He didn't really want to be a bad boy, ad winning his first ring as a bad boy wouldn't feel good. Winning as an underdog felt good.

pauk
06-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Bird was not mentally weak, did you see his 81' Finals? Back to Back 8 point games.... 15 ppg in that series... but they still won.... he didnt shoot bad, he just didnt shoot to much, wasnt that agressive trying to score, defered/facilitated teammates (Maxwell won the FMVP).... and do you want some Magic Johnson examples? Oh my...

None of them mentally weak....

Neither is Lebron... You have to understand the players game/offensive mindset.... it can happen especially if you have some great scorer like McHale/Maxwell or Kareem/Worthy or Wade/Bosh around unselfish guys like Lebron/Bird/Magic........ A series like this (where they dont attempt to take many shots etc.) happening for Lebron or Bird or Magic surrounded with such scorers is understandable.... but not if you are Jordan or Kobe as those guys went out hoisting shots from start to finish as it was their only job no matter who was around... if they shot bad, they would still take shots...

Lebron/Bird/Magic were like that (like Jordan/Kobe, agressively taking shots/trying to score) only when they had to in order to win / especially when there was no other option at all...

Just like Lebron this playoffs....... if Love was still around & Irving healthy, he wouldnt have been chucking like he is right now....

Wade's Rings
06-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Pauk your a clown for even insinuating that Wade is to blame for the 2011 Finals.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-04-2015, 10:02 PM
James says after losing to the Dallas Mavericks in the 2011 NBA Championship he locked himself in his bedroom for two weeks. He tells Sports Illustrated senior writer Lee Jenkins it was to avoid all references to his failure.

“I couldn’t watch TV because every channel—doesn’t matter if it was the Cartoon Channel—was talking about me and the Heat. On the Cooking Channel it was like, ‘So we’re going to make a turkey burger gourmet today, and LeBron James failed!’” During this he also shunned the razor growing a beard “I looked like Tom Hanks in Castaway” he told Jenkins.

Damn. Dirk had this nikka on the verge of suicide:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Wade's Rings
06-04-2015, 10:09 PM
Damn. Dirk had this nikka on the verge of suicide:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi_st3qa5u8

Lebron23
06-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Why are we still talking about the 2011 NBA Finals?? LeBron became a much better finals performer after that series.

pauk
06-04-2015, 10:14 PM
Pauk your a clown for even insinuating that Wade is to blame for the 2011 Finals.

wtf? how did you come to that conclusion? i blame mostly Lebron for 11 Finals.... but i am talking about what caused Lebron to take 14-15 fga, 2-3 ftas in that series & why... Wade being hot is one of the things, its not a blame, its a decription, a clarification...

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-04-2015, 10:15 PM
Why are we still talking about the 2011 NBA Finals?? LeBron became a much better finals performer after that series.
B/c his first 2 finals series are 2 of the worst ever by an alltime great

Lebron23
06-04-2015, 10:18 PM

Lebron was 22 in 2007. What's Kobe's Finals Stats in 2000????

Wade's Rings
06-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Lebron was 22 in 2007. What's Kobe's Finals Stats in 2000????

Why do people keep bringing up age? :roll:

He had been in the League for 4yrs. That's for 4 Years of experience and his 2nd Year of Playoff experience.

pauk
06-04-2015, 10:27 PM

I give him a pass for 07'.... Spurs were just a team he couldnt get away with 1 on 5 offense with scrubs.... he took the shots they gave him, bricked, his teammates shut down... but he was agressive, went out guns blazing..... Unlike in 11' Finals.... and he was 21.... just getting there is a miracle (miracles that happened in that Pistons series), that Cavs team shouldnt have been there, even that Pistons team they beat would have given the Spurs a much better fight, certainly they would have not get swept... it was easily the worst team to ever be in a Finals, i urge you to find a worse Finals team...

Therefore trying to disrespect Lebron for the 07' Finals loss is just ignorant, should infact be given some credit instead...... its just like trying to disrespect a Prius driver for not winning a Formula 1 race, despite coming 2nd.... OK, but... come on...

However, 11' Finals.... bombs away my friend...

Wade's Rings
06-04-2015, 10:34 PM
I give him a pass for 07'.... Spurs were just a team he couldnt get away with 1 on 5 offense with scrubs.... he took the shots they gave him, bricked, his teammates shut down... but he was agressive, went out guns blazing..... Unlike in 11' Finals.... and he was 21.... just getting there is a miracle (miracles that happened in that Pistons series), that Cavs team shouldnt have been there, even that Pistons team they beat would have given the Spurs a much better fight, certainly they would have not get swept... it was easily the worst team to ever be in a Finals, i urge you to find a worse Finals team...

Therefore trying to disrespect Lebron for the 07' Finals loss is just ignorant, should infact be given some credit instead...... its just like trying to disrespect a Prius driver for not winning a Formula 1 race, despite coming 2nd.... OK, but... come on...

However, 11' Finals.... bombs away my friend...

2007 vs Pistons
- Game 5, you have to admit was all LeBron. but what about the other games?
- the Cavs defense shut down the Pistons to 86 ppg for the series after 96 ppg in the season. A 10 ppg decrease
- Game 1 - Lebron 10 pts on 33%, Cavs only lost by 3
- Game 2 - LeBron 19 pts on 37%, 6 assist to 7 turnovers, Cavs only lost by 3
- Game 6 - LeBron 20 pts on 27%, Gibson drops 31-6-2 on 78%, and Cavs shut down Pistons to 82 points on 36% shooting to send them to the Finals

2007 vs Spurs
- Spurs averaged 98.5 ppg in regular season, Cavs defense held them to 86.5 ppg. Spurs had a 12 ppg decrease against Cavs defense.
- Cavs defense hold Duncan to 45% shooting after 55% in regular season.
- Game 1 - Lebron 14 pts on 25% shooting, 7 rebs and 4 assist to 6 turnovers. Cavs only lose by 9
- Game 3 - Lebron 25 pts on 39%, 7 ast to 5 turnovers. Cavs only lose by 3 as Lebron missed game-tying 3
- Game 4 - 24 pts on 30 shots (33% shooting), 10 ast to 6 turnovers. Cavs only lose by 1 as Lebron goes 2/6 from the FT line.

pauk
06-04-2015, 10:37 PM
2007 vs Spurs
- Spurs averaged 98.5 ppg in regular season, Cavs defense held them to 86.5 ppg. Spurs had a 12 ppg decrease against Cavs defense.
- Cavs defense hold Duncan to 45% shooting after 55% in regular season.
- Game 1 - Lebron 14 pts on 25% shooting, 7 rebs and 4 assist to 6 turnovers. Cavs only lose by 9
- Game 3 - Lebron 25 pts on 39%, 7 ast to 5 turnovers. Cavs only lose by 3 as Lebron missed game-tying 3
- Game 4 - 24 pts on 30 shots (33% shooting), 10 ast to 6 turnovers. Cavs only lose by 1 as Lebron goes 2/6 from the FT line.

Yep... now compare that to 11' Finals.... Lebron at least TRIED in 07'.... Thats all i ever asked from Lebron (or anybody), to just freakin try... and just like you can see, it wasnt all that bad for the outcome, they didnt get blown out all the time... but if he decided to take 14-15 fga, 2-3 fta... im pretty sure it would have been a blowout every single game...

Wade's Rings
06-04-2015, 10:46 PM
Yep... now compare that to 11' Finals.... Lebron at least TRIED in 07'.... Thats all i ever asked from Lebron (or anybody), to just freakin try... and just like you can see, it wasnt all that bad for the outcome, they didnt get blown out all the time... but if he decided to take 14-15 fga, 2-3 fta... im pretty sure it would have been a blowout every single game...

You were calling his team scrubs when they weren't. If Lebron doesn't play like garbage in Games 3 & 4 the series could be 2-2 heading into Game 5 in Cleveland.