PDA

View Full Version : Bran had 44 b/c of Golden States defensive gameplan = Same as 09 Orlando

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Just like how Stan planned for him. gave him single coverage all game, from 3, from midrange and from the post. There were only 4 possessions in the post where doubles came or collapsed and Bran shot it 38 times. For those complaining bout the shooters disappearing thats what happens when u dont overreact to Bran let him do him he will choke in the end like that awful decision to fade instead of goin to what got his team to that spot.
0pts in nongarbage time OT, 2 turnovers in OT, garbage defense all game. Iggy torched him and defended him very well (hes the only Warrior that did great single coverage Bran was 4-12 with 2 turnovers when guarded by Iggy, 14-26 against everyone else)

warriorfan
06-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Just like how Stan planned for him. gave him single coverage all game, from 3, from midrange and from the post. There were only 4 possessions in the post where doubles came or collapsed and Bran shot it 38 times. For those complaining bout the shooters disappearing thats what happens when u dont overreact to Bran let him do him he will choke in the end like that awful decision to fade instead of goin to what got his team to that spot.
0pts in nongarbage time OT, 2 turnovers in OT, garbage defense all game. Iggy torched him and defended him very well (hes the only Warrior that did great single coverage Bran was 4-12 with 2 turnovers when guarded by Iggy, 14-26 against everyone else)

word what was up with that fadeaway at the end of regulation :biggums:

Jameerthefear
06-05-2015, 12:00 AM
i can assure u that the magic's gameplan wasn't to let lebron score 38 ppg
he made that happen

Milbuck
06-05-2015, 12:02 AM
Stop dude. He was amazing tonight. One Iman jumper from this being mentioned alongside some of the greatest performances ever.

Indian guy
LeBron hit a ton of jumpers and very difficult floaters today. It's not like Warriors played him 1-on-1 and he just feasted in the paint all game through layups/dunks. This was definitely a special night for him given the kind of shots he was making.

Inferno
4-12 against Iggy? Damnn

Heavincent
06-05-2015, 12:04 AM
Stop dude. He was amazing tonight. One Iman jumper from this being mentioned alongside some of the greatest performances ever.

He was amazing, but the Warriors achieved their gameplan which is to turn Lebron into a volume scorer.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-05-2015, 12:05 AM
word what was up with that fadeaway at the end of regulation :biggums:
>get ur team to a position to win a game by going to the post/driving all game
>shoot a badly off balanced 30ft left leaning fadeaway on the last possession in regulation
:lebroncry:

Lebron23
06-05-2015, 12:07 AM
If Simon kill himself. This forum would be a much better place

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-05-2015, 12:07 AM
4-12 against Iggy? Damnn
Yeah scored 14pts on him overall, 4 from FTs

#number6ix#
06-05-2015, 12:08 AM
He should've went to the post on that last play in the 4th

Genaro
06-05-2015, 12:09 AM
Spurs used it as well last year. Let him have his and lock everybody else.
I even said before the finals that was the best way to guard him.

Myth
06-05-2015, 12:10 AM

He was amazing "most of" tonight. He laid an egg in OT.

Ne 1
i can assure u that the magic's gameplan wasn't to let lebron score 38 ppg
he made that happen
It was about how he averaged that. He dominated the ball to an extent not seen since prime Iverson.

Eric Cartman
Boston did this with Kobe and Lebron.

They set the blueprint for dealing with a dynamic superstar.

Jacks3
06-05-2015, 12:11 AM
It's true that Kerr looks like he's gong to let him go one-on-one and not compromise the defense.

If he tried that on prime Jordan, he would have put up 55.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-05-2015, 12:13 AM
Spurs used it as well last year. Let him have his and lock everybody else.
I even said before the finals that was the best way to guard him.
Agreed. the nikkas blaming the Cavs shooters while hyping up Lebrons game dont understand how NBA basketball works

NBASTATMAN
06-05-2015, 12:17 AM
It's true that Kerr looks like he's gong to let him go one-on-one and not compromise the defense.

MJ IS DA MAN THOUGH.... He put up 40 in the finals in his sleep.. This isn't Lebron and Kobe with 1 40 pt game a piece in their finals' history

Young X
06-05-2015, 12:17 AM
I'm playing him the exact same way every game if I'm Kerr.

If Bron wants to drop 44 pts while using 40+ possessions to do it then let him do it. I'm not doubling him and giving the rest of their team good looks like the dumbass Hawks did.

Same goes for every great playmaker in the league. Let THEM try to beat you, it won't work every time but I'll take my chances.

Mrofir
06-05-2015, 12:21 AM

This is so true, a very angry 55.

Angel Face
06-05-2015, 12:21 AM

I agree, there's a reason why the GOAT was always doubled and tripled team. Sag him off, 1992 Blazers will happen.

CAstill
06-05-2015, 12:23 AM
Boston did this with Kobe and Lebron.

They set the blueprint for dealing with a dynamic superstar.

No, they did it with Wade and LeBron and did the exact opposite with Kobe. They threw every type of defense they could think of to Kobe.

Jacks3
06-05-2015, 12:26 AM
No, they did it with Wade and LeBron and did the exact opposite with Kobe. They threw every type of defense they could think of to Kobe.

It's true, but that may be because Kobe is not as willing or as good a passer/play-maker as the other two.

Mrofir
06-05-2015, 12:27 AM
It's true, but that may be because Kobe is not as willing or as good a passer/play-maker as the other two.

This again

kamil
06-05-2015, 12:27 AM
4-12 against Iggy? Damnn

I was hoping the Bulls would have made a run for him when he was a free agent... ah well.

Blue&Orange
06-05-2015, 12:28 AM
I remember when peak Heat was bombarding teams with 3's and i said teams should give Lebron single coverage and shut down everyone else, and everyone acted like i was an idiot.

The funny thing Lebron now seems ok with taking over games, but as everyone remeber in the heat he played like a *****, if teams did then what GSW did today it would have been a disaster for him.

Heavincent
06-05-2015, 12:28 AM
Iggy needs to get a few more minutes. He's definitely the best defender on Lebron. Most of his misses happened with Iggy guarding him.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-05-2015, 12:29 AM
I'm playing him the exact same way every game if I'm Kerr.

If Bron wants to drop 44 pts while using 40+ possessions to do it then let him do it. I'm not doubling him and giving the rest of their team good looks like the dumbass Hawks did.

Same goes for every great playmaker in the league. Let THEM try to beat you, it won't work every time but I'll take my chances.
This can always count on Young X to understand the game:applause: :applause:
also Bran isnt on the tier of Bird/Magic/CP/Nash in passing/playmaking. Hes not as dynamic as them so itll work better against him at his core LEbron is mostly a scorer

CAstill
06-05-2015, 12:31 AM
They did that because if they gave Kobe the green light you risk him catching fire and beating you by himself. Only Jordan and Kobe can accomplish this. It's what separates them from the pack.

imnew09
06-05-2015, 12:33 AM

Nah kobe got the killer instinct to take over games himself. They scared

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-05-2015, 12:33 AM
I agree, there's a reason why the GOAT was always doubled and tripled team. Sag him off, 1992 Blazers will happen.
I think 93 PHoenix defense on MJ was more similar to tonights GS gameplan................and MJ averaged 41 on 51/40/70 shoot with 3 turnovers a game:lol :lol :lol :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-05-2015, 12:35 AM
They did that because if they gave Kobe the green light you risk him catching fire and beating you by himself. Only Jordan and Kobe can accomplish this. It's what separates them from the pack.
Shaq, Dirk, Chuck, KAJ, KD, Hakeem as well

tpols
06-05-2015, 12:36 AM
He was amazing, but the Warriors achieved their gameplan which is to turn Lebron into a volume scorer.

Only time I've ever seen lebron teams dominate is when he's kicking out to Mike miller/battier/ray/jr/shumpert etc.. you have to let him iso and shoot

Spurs5Rings2014
06-05-2015, 12:43 AM
Shaq, Dirk, Chuck, KAJ, KD, Hakeem as well

Duncan.

:no:

Straight_Ballin
06-05-2015, 12:46 AM

It wasn't a jumper. He had no time to get a good shot off because bron choked.

Bond007
06-05-2015, 12:46 AM
is this right Bron in OT 1-10 with 3 turnovers?!:wtf: