PDA

View Full Version : You guys called me crazy last year when I said this

3ball
06-05-2015, 01:25 AM
In 21 out of the 24 years since 1991, the team leader in shot attempts on the Finals-winning team took more than 25.56% of the team's shots - which means that the load Lebron took on in 2014 Finals (25.56% of his team's shots) was not a large load, and the notion that he couldn't have done more, or that no one else would have done more, is wrong - 21 out of the last 24 did more.

Everyone thought I was crazy when I said this, and when I said raw production is more important than FG%.

When the best player takes a ton of shots, he can control his team's pace and play at their preferred pace, which reduces or eliminates the risk of losing control of the game and getting blown away like the 2014 Finals.

The difference is obvious - last year, he had better talent but was getting destroyed by the Spurs, and this year he hung with the Warriors.. Of course, in last year's Finals, Lebron's lack of shooting allowed the Spurs to stay at home on his teammates, which explains why his more talented Heat teammates couldn't step up and fill the gap after Lebron stopped scoring.

RRR3
06-05-2015, 01:29 AM
Everyone thought I was crazy when I said this, and when I said raw production is more important than FG%.

When the best player takes a ton of shots, he can control his team's pace and play at their preferred pace, which reduces or eliminates the risk of losing control of the game and getting blown away like the 2014 Finals.

The difference is obvious - last year, he had better talent but was getting destroyed by the Spurs, and this year he hung with the Warriors.. Of course, in last year's Finals, Lebron's lack of shooting allowed the Spurs to stay at home on his teammates, which explains why his more talented Heat teammates couldn't step up and fill the gap after Lebron stopped scoring.
LeBron was a fantastic shooter in the finals last year you dolt.

Magic 32
06-05-2015, 01:31 AM

Yes, those layups in garbage rime really helped him out.

Of course most of the games were garbage time.

3ball
06-05-2015, 01:50 AM
Last year when I made the argument that he should have shot more, everyone said "what's Lebron supposed to do, shoot 38 times per game?"

Yeah.. He is.

What would've happened last year if he took 38 shots per game instead of 18?.. Or even 32?.. That would have completely put a stranglehold on pace... Lebron wasn't letting San Antonio go anywhere at that volume.

bobopenguin
06-05-2015, 01:57 AM
Last year when I made the argument that he should have shot more, everyone said "what's Lebron supposed to do, shoot 38 times per game?"

Yeah.. He is.

What would've happened last year if he took 38 shots per game instead of 18?.. Or even 32?.. That would have completely put a stranglehold on pace... Lebron wasn't letting San Antonio go anywhere at that volume.

why not go for 50 shots? he might make 100 pt.

scandisk_
06-05-2015, 02:00 AM
Doesn't change a thing. You're still crazy and irrelevant.

CAVS in 7

RRR3
06-05-2015, 02:07 AM
Jordan was capable of chucking like a madman and still shooting 50%+. LeBron isn't to that degree. He's not as good as Mj. Don't worry bro we all know it. Who you trying to convince?

FreezingTsmoove
06-05-2015, 02:08 AM
Very true. 3ball I dont know why people think your a tard, this is very true

oarabbus
06-05-2015, 02:16 AM
3ball just made a topic "this is why lebron will win the finals" backtracking hardcore :lol

buddha
06-05-2015, 02:22 AM
3ball just made a topic "this is why lebron will win the finals" backtracking hardcore :lol

that's not what this thread is about at all.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-05-2015, 05:25 AM
raw production is more important than FG%.

Russell Westbrook.

sbw19
06-05-2015, 05:48 AM
For a player who can attack the basket at will, LeBron hasn't been consistent enough like he should in that department. Consider that at age 30 Kobe made <5FTs in just 2/23 playoff games, LeBron in his current run already stands at 6/15 (40%.) He certainly can do better than that.

keep-itreal
06-05-2015, 05:53 AM

:roll:

Quickening
06-05-2015, 06:17 AM
All MJ shot chucking didn't help him much in the 80s, wasn't until he got a stacked team and chitty comp that he got passed first round.

1-9

aj1987
06-05-2015, 07:54 AM

:facepalm :facepalm

UK2K
06-05-2015, 08:01 AM

Yeah.. He is.

Basketball is still a team game.

You need a team to win

DonDadda59
06-05-2015, 11:35 AM
This is true. Much like MJ in the '93 finals. If he had been nursing his FG/TS/etc % and settling for 15-18 shots per game, Chicago would've been steamrolled SA on MIA last year style by the offensive juggernaut that was the Suns.

If he didn't play like he did last night, there would've been no overtime. Cavs would've lost by 20+.

They just need to get a bit more creative with their offense. I've never seen just pure isolation like that from any player/team before. Literally no ball or player movement. It's just clear out and let Bron work alone on one side of the court.

Nuff Said
06-05-2015, 11:53 AM
I realize Lebron jus isn't a good floor general. He takes way too long to make a play and ends up kicking out a pass at the end of the shot clock for a forced shot. Not really a good play at all. He overthinks and takes too long instead of just making a move and keeping the defense from being set and comfortable. Still a great player tho.