PDA

View Full Version : Durant got crucified for averaging 30/9/4 in the PO's last year... So someone tell me

JerrySeinfeld
06-05-2015, 01:55 AM
Why did LeBron get praised a shitload for putting up 28/10/8 on awful efficency vs the East this year?

One of them was playing the Grizzlies, Clippers, and Spurs. The other was playing the Celtics, Bulls, and Hawks.

Durant's shooting splits were 46/34/81 with 3.8 turnovers a game. LeBron's were 43/17/76 with 4.4 turnover a game.

I guess I just do not understand the double standard that LeBron is given by the media year in and year out. It's as if he can do no wrong and no matter what happens, it's his teammates fault and he needs to go to another team or get more help rather than elevate his game and work on things like his FT shooting, decisiveness, actually playing good defense for 48 minutes...

Alamо
06-05-2015, 02:00 AM
LeBron James

JerrySeinfeld
06-05-2015, 02:01 AM
LeBron James

lol really the best way to sum it up.

the media and weak East created this facade

navy
06-05-2015, 02:01 AM
Durant won the mvp

J Shuttlesworth
06-05-2015, 02:02 AM
Durant has never been crucified in his career. He's just not that big of a player to be crucified.

KiiiiNG
06-05-2015, 02:03 AM
even durant stans will admit kd played well below his standards last year

but at the end of the day both kd and lebron are top 5 all-time players

they both dominate individually in a way that hasn't been seen since wilt in the 60's, when he played against 4 foot white dudes

just be a fan of them both man. celebrate their lives. :cheers:

BigBoss
06-05-2015, 02:04 AM
Durant has never been crucified in his career. He's just not that big of a player to be crucified.

He is big, but people don't hate him...yet.

KiiiiNG
what the hell is this nonsense?

do you really think he deserved to be crucified last year like lebron was in 2011?

he hasnt been crucified because hes never deserved to be crucified.

and this is coming from the biggest lebron fan on the planet.

BigBoss
even durant stans will admit kd played well below his standards last year

but at the end of the day both kd and lebron are top 5 all-time players

they both dominate individually in a way that hasn't been seen since wilt in the 60's, when he played against 4 foot white dudes

just be a fan of them both man. celebrate their lives. :cheers:

I dedicate this post to you.

J Shuttlesworth
06-05-2015, 02:06 AM
what the hell is this nonsense?

do you really think he deserved to be crucified last year like lebron was in 2011?

he hasnt been crucified because hes never deserved to be crucified.

and this is coming from the biggest lebron fan on the planet.
I acutally agree. He hasn't done anything to be crucified, and he hasn't been.

That's why I'm calling out the OP for saying "Durant got crucified" on his thread title.

The only thing I can think of is that slip against the Spurs, but the Spurs were the best team in the league that year, so it wasn't the Thunder's series to win anyway.

JerrySeinfeld
06-05-2015, 02:06 AM
Durant won the mvp

Fair enough, but in the context of looking at the teams he was playing against, the hatred that he was getting from the media was straight retarded.

I remember Doc Rivers basically saying that he didn't know what the hell people were talking about when they kept asking him about how KD was playing bad or how the Clippers were slowing him down... This is a series where Durant averaged 33/10/5, shot the ball well at 47/38/88, and hit plenty of clutch shots to win the series in 6, (posting 39/16 in the final game) and yet the questions the media kept asking you'd think not only that Durant was playing bad, but that he wasn't playing a team who had won like 55 games.

Meanwhile you look at this year and it's almost like the media would rather believe that LeBron would intentionally be playing worse than his usual self rather than asses his play from a number of other angles. The way they see it, he's bored with his own greatness, he needs a real challenge, etc. Yet whenever the finals roll around and his teams get smoked, "He needs more help!" It's ****ing hilarious.

navy
06-05-2015, 02:11 AM
Fair enough, but in the context of looking at the teams he was playing against, the hatred that he was getting from the media was straight retarded.

I remember Doc Rivers basically saying that he didn't know what the hell people were talking about when they kept asking him about how KD was playing bad or how the Clippers were slowing him down... This is a series where Durant averaged 33/10/5, shot the ball well at 47/38/88, and hit plenty of clutch shots to win the series in 6, (posting 39/16 in the final game) and yet the questions the media kept asking you'd think not only that Durant was playing god awful, but that he wasn't playing a team who had won like 55 games.
It was the first time Durant has ever been criticized and for good reason.

You dont win mvp and let Reggie Jackson star in must win games.

In basketball you dont get alot of chances, OKC might have possibly blown their window forever last year in Durant's mvp season. If Durant doesnt get healthy, or if he or Westbrook leave in free agency,

OKC will have ended up with no titles. That's why the media, especially the Oklahoman newspaper went in on him.

That doesnt mean he's was garbage. He is a superstar, even the worst series of a superstar is better than 90% of nba players. The OKC media just felt like he wasnt playing well enough to win them the title because he was expected to win that year he won mvp.

BlakFrankWhite
06-05-2015, 02:12 AM
Well said OP.

And KD had much tougher teams to face in the PO's....an elite defensive team in the Grizz.the super trio of CP3/BG/DAJ and ofcourse the Spurs...who are one of the GOAT team's in NBA history.

Not to forget...he played the full season..much of it without Westbrook..and didn't take a 3 week vacation like LeBeta did this season

nzahir
06-05-2015, 02:20 AM
Why did LeBron get praised a shitload for putting up 28/10/8 on awful efficency vs the East this year?

One of them was playing the Grizzlies, Clippers, and Spurs. The other was playing the Celtics, Bulls, and Hawks.

Durant's shooting splits were 46/34/81 with 3.8 turnovers a game. LeBron's were 43/17/76 with 4.4 turnover a game.

I guess I just do not understand the double standard that LeBron is given by the media year in and year out. It's as if he can do no wrong and no matter what happens, it's his teammates fault and he needs to go to another team or get more help rather than elevate his game and work on things like his FT shooting, decisiveness, actually playing good defense for 48 minutes...
His play was good enough to beat a team with westbrook, ibaka, harden and guys like thabo, reggie, collison wasnt it? Who crucified durant last year? Id like to see the credible criticism. Skip bayless isnt credible btw

JerrySeinfeld
06-05-2015, 02:22 AM
His play was good enough to beat a team with westbrook, ibaka, harden and guys like thabo, reggie, collison wasnt it? Who crucified durant last year? Id like to see the credible criticism. Skip bayless isnt credible btw

I could dig it up some but it's largely semantics we'd be arguing at that point.

His own local paper even dubbed him "Mr Unreliable" on the front page. :oldlol: That's brutal.

KiiiiNG
06-05-2015, 02:38 AM
I acutally agree. He hasn't done anything to be crucified, and he hasn't been.

That's why I'm calling out the OP for saying "Durant got crucified" on his thread title.

The only thing I can think of is that slip against the Spurs, but the Spurs were the best team in the league that year, so it wasn't the Thunder's series to win anyway.
:cheers: