PDA

View Full Version : is LeBron CURSED?

jzek
06-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Joins Miami, Wade becomes injury-prone.
Re-joins Cleveland, Love and Irving gets injured.

Karma Gods are telling him NOT to shortcut greatness...

Real Men Wear Green
06-05-2015, 08:00 PM
He's the best player in the NBA, has millions of fans, hundreds of millions of dollars, may be a billionaire one day if he's smart and lucky. This is being cursed?

Legends66NBA7
06-05-2015, 08:02 PM
When he's already great, no. He doesn't have anything left to prove outside of adding more to his already established career.

r15mohd
06-05-2015, 08:03 PM

Cursed would mean not being able to win at all or get over the hump IMO...and not to mention so many other key players have been injured during the same timeframe:

PG
Conley/Tony Allen
The whole of the Miami heat this year lol
Melo - tho I still think they don't do -ish even if he was healthy
Manu/TP
KD/Westbrrok

imdaman99
06-05-2015, 08:03 PM
He's not cursed but the city of Cleveland might be. Sure Finals appearances are nice, but you wanna win a championship one day.

Even the Browns (now the Ravens) have won multiple championships after leaving town.

SpecialQue
06-05-2015, 08:09 PM

So Wade was never injured before Lebron? Amazing detective work, cupcake.

J Shuttlesworth
06-05-2015, 09:20 PM
He's the best player in the NBA, has millions of fans, hundreds of millions of dollars, may be a billionaire one day if he's smart and lucky. This is being cursed?
This... not to mention 2 rings and 4 MVPs

He's not cursed.

Cleveland though? I honestly don't know :lol

sportjames23
06-05-2015, 10:47 PM

Enough about Steph, OP's talking about Lebron here.

D.J.
06-05-2015, 11:28 PM
He's already won 2 titles. And without an epic choke job in '11, would have 3. Plus he won 4 MVPs in a 5 year stretch.

Cold soul
06-05-2015, 11:30 PM
Nah, Lebron isn't cursed but the city of Cleveland on the other hand might be.

Done_And_Done
06-05-2015, 11:37 PM
When he's already great, no. He doesn't have anything left to prove outside of adding more to his already established career.

Well said fellas.

His fortunes faaaaaaar outweigh his misfortunes.

j3lademaster
06-05-2015, 11:39 PM
Irving and Love had very injury prone careers before lebron.

Cold soul
06-05-2015, 11:44 PM
Irving and Love had very injury prone careers before lebron.

Yup pretty much. I believe Cleveland will regret trading Love for #1 pick in Wiggins who down the road he might never be superstar in this league but defensively he can be one best defenders out on perimeter he has ton of untapped potential.

Done_And_Done
06-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Yup pretty much. I believe Cleveland will regret trading Love for #1 pick in Wiggins who down the road he might never be superstar in this league but defensively he can be one best defenders out on perimeter he has ton of untapped potential.

I dunno man. Pending on whether he stays or dips, a healthy Love, Kyrie, and Andy is a team that yields a high probability of returning to the finals next year. Cleveland aren't currently in bad shape at all...

Cold soul
06-05-2015, 11:59 PM
I dunno man. Pending on whether he stays or dips, a healthy Love, Kyrie, and Andy is a team that yields a high probability of returning to the finals next year. Cleveland aren't currently in bad shape at all...

Yeah I expect Cleveland to be back in Finals the East is pathetic and historically weak they have free ride at moment to make Finals for next few years. I still think Cleveland would be better off with Wiggins over Love is all I'm saying he is still growing and is crazy young. Wiggins will be all star in few years.

Lebron23
06-06-2015, 12:01 AM
They still advance in the NBA Finals next year. Love and Irving needs to be healthy.

I<3NBA
06-06-2015, 12:13 AM
He is drafted by Cleveland and spends 7 years on it without winning a ring. He leaves Cleveland and wins 2 rings. He comes back to it, and his team is hit with injuries on the road to the Finals.

hmm. there might be a curse, but it's hard to put a finger on who has it.

KiiiiNG
06-06-2015, 12:16 AM
Nah, Lebron isn't cursed but the city of Cleveland on the other hand might be.
:oldlol:

Magic 32
06-06-2015, 01:51 AM
If he was cursed he would have lost game 6 vs Spurs in 2013 like he deserved to.

And his foul on Durant in game 2 would have been called as well.

Relinquish
06-06-2015, 02:27 AM
If he was cursed he would have lost game 6 vs Spurs in 2013 like he deserved to.

And his foul on Durant in game 2 would have been called as well.

And if everything was called correctly, Durant wouldn't have been in the game because he would've fouled out 2 minutes prior.

bobeticus
06-06-2015, 05:25 AM
They still advance in the NBA Finals next year. Love and Irving needs to be healthy.

they are that good after that superb trade by Griffin... the team are gelling and have a little chemistry in just little time before playoffs... they will not win this year but they will be back next year... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

KiiiiNG
06-06-2015, 05:31 AM
And if everything was called correctly, Durant wouldn't have been in the game because he would've fouled out 2 minutes prior.
go back and tell me if the other fouls called against him were legitimate. he was in foul trouble because he got wrongly called for fouls in the first place. duh.

R.I.P.
06-06-2015, 05:40 AM
He's already won 2 titles. And without an epic choke job in '11, would have 3. Plus he won 4 MVPs in a 5 year stretch.

You mean without an epic choke job in 13, would have 1.

raprap
06-06-2015, 05:42 AM
2 rings and 4 MVPs say otherwise.

SexSymbol
06-06-2015, 07:30 AM
Are you a retard?
He's in his fricking prime, he can make or break his place in history right here and now, it's not set in stone at all.
You can say that about Kobe or Duncan or KG, but it's not set in stone at all, he chokes a few more times, that stone is getting pushed out of the top 10 for good

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2015, 07:49 AM
Enough about Steph, OP's talking about Lebron here.
Curry is certainly doing well for himself but I doubt he's accumulated hundreds of millions yet. Especially considering taxes in California.

DetroitPistonFan
06-06-2015, 07:51 AM
LeBron has millions of fans? I don't hear loud cheers from the opposing team's fans in their building for LeBron like they do with Jordan, Magic and Kobe.

Real Men Wear Green
06-06-2015, 08:14 AM
LeBron has millions of fans? I don't hear loud cheers from the opposing team's fans in their building for LeBron like they do with Jordan, Magic and Kobe.
I'm not going to say he has MJ's popularity but do you really think he'd have all these endorsement deals if he didn't have a lot of fans? I don't see how anyone can argue he doesn't have a huge following.

sportjames23
06-06-2015, 08:31 AM
I'm not going to say he has MJ's popularity but do you really think he'd have all these endorsement deals if he didn't have a lot of fans? I don't see how anyone can argue he doesn't have a huge following.

I'm not gonna say Lebron isn't popular (he most definitely is), but he's not MJ popular. Not by a long shot.

Rose'sACL
06-06-2015, 08:46 AM
I'm not gonna say Lebron isn't popular (he most definitely is), but he's not MJ popular. Not by a long shot.
Why did you say the same thing as the guy you replied to?

buddha
06-06-2015, 09:21 AM

he's not as revered as MJ but he's just as popular.

Patrick Chewing
06-06-2015, 09:28 AM
Lebron sold his soul to the devil when he left to go to Miami.

Hey Yo
06-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Are you a retard?
He's in his fricking prime, he can make or break his place in history right here and now, it's not set in stone at all.
You can say that about Kobe or Duncan or KG, but it's not set in stone at all, he chokes a few more times, that stone is getting pushed out of the top 10 for good
No he's not.

He's playing in his 12th season and 5th consecutive Finals. Look at the mileage he's logged, not the age.

RRR3
06-06-2015, 11:14 AM
No, but TMac was :(

kamil
06-06-2015, 11:41 AM

Uh, no.....lol.

sportjames23
06-06-2015, 11:50 AM

Can't agree, bruh. In the 90s, MJ's fame was off the charts. Not trying to hate on Lebron, even though I'm one of the main ones here who rag on him, but his popularity really does not come close to MJ's. Seriously, fanboying aside, MJ was on another level.

kamil
06-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Can't agree, bruh. In the 90s, MJ's fame was off the charts. Not trying to hate on Lebron, even though I'm one of the main ones here who rag on him, but his popularity really does not come close to MJ's. Seriously, fanboying aside, MJ was on another level.

Nearly 20 years after his last championship, and MJ still has 26 million likes on Facebook. LeBron* in his prime has 21.

MJ's popularity was INSANE in the 90s.

KelticForce1349
06-06-2015, 11:58 AM
I certainly don't believe he is "cursed" but I do find his teammate situation somewhat amusing. I am of the opinion that Lebron left Miami knowing his situation in Cleveland was going to be better for winning for the rest of his career. He saw a special talent in Kyrie and I am sure he knew it would be an easy sell for Kevin Love to tag along.

Considering that my Bulls have had a few of their promising seasons destroyed by injuries, I don't take any pleasure in seeing Lebrons teammates hurt. I don't like it happening to any players to be clear. Having said that though, it is oddly humorous that Lebron is being forced to play out this first year home as "the guy without a team" once again.

Things will be back to normal next season and players will be lining up to join him on another chase of a championship.