PDA

View Full Version : Movie you didn't like the first time that grew on you

hateraid
06-06-2015, 11:42 AM
When I first saw Grown Ups didn't really care for it. Now I keep it on the TV any time it's on. Gives me that nostalgic feeling.

ArbitraryWater
06-06-2015, 11:45 AM
I can't say I didn't like it, but Apocalypse Now went from being like a 7.5 on my first viewing, to me afterwards liking it more and more, now being one of my absolute favorite movies ever.. like 9/10.

24-Inch_Chrome
06-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Pulp Fiction. Just didn't enjoy my first viewing, appreciated it a lot more following my second.

Rake2204
06-06-2015, 11:56 AM
Garden State. I tried watching it on perhaps two to three different occasions and only made it through the first 20 minutes or so. Now it is amongst my favorites.

SugarHill
06-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Garden State. I tried watching it on perhaps two to three different occasions and only made it through the first 20 minutes or so. Now it is amongst my favorites.
worst movie ever :coleman:

Inglorious Basterds for me

fiddy
06-06-2015, 12:12 PM
None, i hate movies

Rake2204
06-06-2015, 12:22 PM
worst movie ever :coleman:

Inglorious Basterds for meYeah, it's somewhat polarizing. I was thinking of qualifying my first post with an "I know it may not be a great movie..." but then I figured meh.

T_L_P
06-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Probably 'The Pianist', though I think a lot of this has to do with with the fact that it's simply much better than other successful Holocaust films (particularly 'Schindler's List', the most evil film Hollywood has ever produced).

Polanksi's film accomplishes everything Spielberg's tries to do and more without forcing your emotions, and the villains in his film aren't mere cartoons (the Nazis in Schindler's List are about as nuanced as those in the Indiana Jones movies). His is a film about the ugliness of survival, which makes the particular story tragic by association. Spielberg's film edits you into submission, and the final scene was put there to make it exempt from criticism...and, of course, guarantee the man his prized Best Director award.

Also, Michelangelo Antonioni's 'Blow-Up'.

MP.Trey
06-06-2015, 01:20 PM
If I didn't like a movie the first time I watched it, what would make me want to watch it a second time?

Draz
06-06-2015, 01:44 PM
If I didn't like it the first time, why would I watch it again?
Basically. Unless I happen to lose my ability to change the channel because I'm bored or friends are watching it and I'm tagging along because I'm a guest at their house.

JohnnySic
06-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Blade Runner.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Movies
Hart's War- I watched this as a young kid. Felt bored, watched it again recently. One of the best war movies I have seen even if only maybe 30 or so bullets were fired in the movie.
Alexander- I don't get why this movie didn't get decent/good ratings. It wasn't as bad as IMDB or the media portrayed it as. Recorded it once in high school before hanging out with friends on a Saturday night. Ended up rewatching it 2-3 times that Sunday.
The Room- it's so bad I had to rewatch it again. One of my favorite movies because it makes me feel good about myself b/c I didn't make a fool out of myself like everyone in this horrible production lol.

I know there are a few more I can't remember at the moment but to me, a lot of the "bad" movies I have watched in my lifetime seem to always be around the same era- 2002 to 2004. I still feel 2003 was one of the weakest years for movies in history.

Can we also do TV shows?
Friends- Absolutely couldn't stand it the few times I watched it. Until I got to middle of Season 2, I wasn't a huge fan. Everything changed somehow. I remember how whoever I knew watched this religiously growing up had dreams of living in NYC or have already lived there.
Friday Night Lights- By Season 3, I noticed how deep each character was and how complex every character they had on the show.
Possibly?
The Wire- I admittedly tried to start watching this 2 months ago. I got through 5 episodes and didn't feel like finishing it at least for now. I saw some clips (sadly found out some key points such as who gets killed etc :facepalm) on youtube and it seems like it gets really intense from Season 3 and onwards. I plan to binge watch this sometime in the future.
How I met your mother- I couldn't get passed the 11th episode in the 1st season. I only laughed maybe once through the first 11 episodes. The dynamic of the show just really annoyed me. Seemed like forced humor.

CAAIDN
06-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Inglorious Basterds for me

Yeah me too. Strange cause i like Tarantino but this one i had to watch a couple of times and it got better everytime.

RidonKs
06-06-2015, 02:26 PM
goodfellas. do not ask why.

NBAplayoffs2001
06-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Another one for me:

Django Unchained- I just had trouble taking Jamie Foxx seriously tbh lol. The movie was a lot slower to me than Tarantino's previous movies.