PDA

View Full Version : FINALS REF's

Jasper
06-07-2015, 11:32 PM
rate them 0-10

In all my years the ref's in this finals look like they are in their first playoff games and their whistles are up their a$$.

Question is who is really paying them :confusedshrug:

Game 1 : I rate them at 6
Game 2 : I rate them at 3

IMO they tried as hard as they could to get the War's a win= pathetic.

your take -

Relinquish
06-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Game 1: 6
Game 2: 1

Holy shit, the refs were terrible both ways in game 2.

Sportal
06-07-2015, 11:36 PM
Both games had HUGE game winning decisions or blunders.

MP.Trey
06-07-2015, 11:36 PM
They're a joke. They don't deserve a rating.

Jasper
06-07-2015, 11:37 PM
If the NBA reviews the game - I can not see how they allow the same crew to be in the rest of the series :confusedshrug:

JerrySeinfeld
06-07-2015, 11:38 PM
rate them 0-10

In all my years the ref's in this finals look like they are in their first playoff games

It's been the exact same refs who have officiated in the finals for the last few decades...

Joey Crawford, Scott Foster, Dan Crawford, Tony Brothers, Ed Malloy

sd3035
06-07-2015, 11:39 PM
They will be getting a bonus for tonight's performance

sweep avoided :cheers:

ShackEelOKneel
06-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Game 1: 8
Game 2: 3

funnystuff
06-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Commish should be mad because the refs single handily ****ed tonights ratings

chips93
06-07-2015, 11:44 PM
i dont buy any fixing theories, they were just bad, swallowing their whistles big time

but the cavs overcame :bowdown:

Draz
06-07-2015, 11:46 PM
These referees as corrupt as the FIFA league

Or they suck real bad

Jasper
06-07-2015, 11:54 PM
These referees as corrupt as the FIFA league

Or they suck real bad
I know the game is fast , but quite frankly I think high school ref's would of seen all the fouls in the 4th qtr. :facepalm

Spurs5Rings2014
06-08-2015, 12:07 AM
Swallowing their whistles? Maybe for the Warriors...

The Cavs shot 40 FT's. Yes, you read that right. 40. ****ing. FT's.

Bran himself shot 18 FT's. That is ****ing disgusting. People hate on Harden, but 18?! Are you ****ing kidding me? And you guys wanted him to shoot MORE? GTFOH.

The Warriors only shot 7 more FT's than ****ing LeBron. This was a 2002 Kings level rig job. Skraight up.

24-Inch_Chrome
06-08-2015, 12:07 AM
Not good tonight. Game 1 was fine from what I remember.

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2015, 12:09 AM
It was amazing how hard the Cavs got shafted and still overcame, tbh

DaSeba5
06-08-2015, 12:09 AM
I don't remember them being bad in game 1, but game 2 they were awful. Although I think LeBron doesn't get those calls because he has a reputation of exaggerating contact and whining for calls. Plus he's a big physical guy so they give the defender the benefit of the doubt.

CarlosBoozer
06-08-2015, 12:11 AM

Bran himself shot 18 FT's. That is ****ing disgusting. People hate on Harden, but 18?! Are you ****ing kidding me? And you guys wanted him to shoot MORE? GTFOH.

The Warriors only shot 7 more FT's than ****ing LeBron. This was a 2002 Kings level rig job. Skraight up.
:biggums:

chips93

he lived in the paint, posting up or driving damn near every possession

the warriors play like the paint is lava, of course they arent gonna shoot many free throws.

24-Inch_Chrome
This was a 2002 Kings level rig job. Straight up.

:roll:

You're not smart.

zoom17
06-08-2015, 12:12 AM
Three random ISH posters can ref better.

navy
06-08-2015, 12:13 AM

Stop it. Lebron get hacked all the time and doesnt get calls. That's how strong he is and the refs just let that shit go.

Cleverness
06-08-2015, 12:55 AM
Game 1: 6
Game 2: 1

Holy shit, the refs were terrible both ways in game 2.

yup. game 1, Mozgov's game-tying FT should not have counted. then, Kyrie may not have gotten injured.

game 2, 3 FTs by Mozgov should not have counted - he clearly stepped over the line to make them, just like he did in game 1. Also got away with 2 travel calls. 2 bad calls on LeBron at the end when Draymond fouled him, but the refs didn't heavily favor either team tonight or last game

edit - Shaun Livingston's put back dunk should have counted and 2 BS foul calls on Klay to start the game when he was on fire in the 1st quarter wow

Spaulding
06-08-2015, 12:57 AM

People who actually watched the game understand this,

Cleverness
06-08-2015, 12:58 AM
Three random ISH posters can ref better.

no way.. ISH posters would not call any fouls; the game is super FAST.

in fact, i bet some kids on this forum would break down mentally when giant NBA players get in their face and yell at them.

Akhenaten
06-08-2015, 01:12 AM

yeah, ok

http://share.gifyoutube.com/vnG8kD.gif

plowking
06-08-2015, 01:16 AM
yeah, ok

http://share.gifyoutube.com/vnG8kD.gif

That shit was hilarious. My GF and I just looked at each other like... WTF. Dude walked up to the half court line just carrying the freaking ball like no big deal. :oldlol:

The worst call for me though was Speights barging into Delly at the end of the 3rd and no call.

Spaulding
06-08-2015, 01:26 AM
That shit was hilarious. My GF and I just looked at each other like... WTF. Dude walked up to the half court line just carrying the freaking ball like no big deal. :oldlol:

The worst call for me though was Speights barging into Delly at the end of the 3rd and no call.

How can you not say iggy hacking lebron on arms right in front of ref was not the worst no call.

LikeABosh
06-08-2015, 01:28 AM

Did you even watch the game? I don't give a shit how much free throws he got, he deserved them, and more. He was blatantly fouled with no call like 5 straight possessions late in the game.

funnystuff
06-08-2015, 01:38 AM
Did you even watch the game? I don't give a shit how much free throws he got, he deserved more. He was blatantly fouled with no call like 5 straight possessions late in the game.
ftfy

Done_And_Done
06-08-2015, 02:24 AM
Tonight was not a good showing for the refs

zoom17
06-08-2015, 02:26 AM
no way.. ISH posters would not call any fouls; the game is super FAST.

in fact, i bet some kids on this forum would break down mentally when giant NBA players get in their face and yell at them.

Was joking but for real the refs where bad in both games.

Cleverness
06-08-2015, 02:44 AM

That was the worst call for you? Delly got stripped (all ball), went for the leg sweep (like dirty players usually do) and actually tripped Speights smh:facepalm

obvious foul on Delly

https://vid.me/xKjM

dat Aussie bias. damn

Keno
06-08-2015, 02:55 AM
game1: cost cavs the game by calling a fake travel on mozgov, that should've been and1 and basically ended with kyrie injury.
game2: almost cost cavs the game again by not calling numerous, clear fouls on lebron lmao.

so terrible, for cavs. lebron would be 2-0 in finals atm.

Funktion
06-08-2015, 02:55 AM
Cleveland got all the calls in the first half, and the refs didn't call crap in the 2nd half. At least don't be so obvious.

j3lademaster
06-08-2015, 03:22 AM
Game ended with refs favoring the Warriors with the iggy hack blatant no call and lebron fouled on the jumpball against green shenanigans, so naturally people are going to say that game was rigged for gs; but calls were bad for both teams throughout the game. Both sides were shafted numerous times.

And though Delly's earned a ton of respect from me with his defense, iq, grit and heart; the NBA needs to issue a warning for his leg sweeps/ locks. I'm cool with wrist grabbing and other various "dirty" tricks, but this stuff that can cause potential injuries and clearly are intentional and not part of the game need to stop.

Jasper
06-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Game ended with refs favoring the Warriors with the iggy hack blatant no call and lebron fouled on the jumpball against green shenanigans, so naturally people are going to say that game was rigged for gs; but calls were bad for both teams throughout the game. Both sides were shafted numerous times.

And though Delly's earned a ton of respect from me with his defense, iq, grit and heart; the NBA needs to issue a warning for his leg sweeps/ locks. I'm cool with wrist grabbing and other various "dirty" tricks, but this stuff that can cause potential injuries and clearly are intentional and not part of the game need to stop.
I think your point is that playoff bball is called not like the regular season.
I am all good with that considering I have seen that for years.
Point is that the ref's don't know how to call playoff games , because it is not consistent.
Van Gundy pointed out a valid point history shows that your elite players get the benefit of the doubt when a foul occurs.
It's called 'protecting the league'

The ref's on the other hand are maybe trying to change how the league looks to the average fan.

Game2 was plain and simple : a horrible called game.
If the Cav's would of lost - they should of fined the league !

kshutts1
06-08-2015, 09:55 AM
Neither game stands out to me as poorly officiated. Missed calls happened on both sides. Bad calls happened on both sides. At least the refs seem to be mostly consistent. I can't think of many instances where I can say "Cavs got away with X, but when GS did it they were called". Consistency is all I demand, then a high success rate is nice.

You're all saying the refs did a bad job, then citing maybe 5 instances in which you feel the refs messed up. Iggy slap, Iggy hug, Livingston put-back, Speights, Lebron's travel, Green's jump ball stuff. Ok so 6. That's 6 plays in 48 mins of action.

How many plays were in that game? How many opportunities were the refs given to mess up? Literally thousands. And you all point to 5 - 10 instances to claim they did a terrible job? I'm not the best mathematician in the world, but I'm pretty sure that "success rate" is 99+%. That's good enough for me.

Quickening
06-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Neither game stands out to me as poorly officiated. Missed calls happened on both sides. Bad calls happened on both sides. At least the refs seem to be mostly consistent. I can't think of many instances where I can say "Cavs got away with X, but when GS did it they were called". Consistency is all I demand, then a high success rate is nice.

You're all saying the refs did a bad job, then citing maybe 5 instances in which you feel the refs messed up. Iggy slap, Iggy hug, Livingston put-back, Speights, Lebron's travel, Green's jump ball stuff. Ok so 6. That's 6 plays in 48 mins of action.

How many plays were in that game? How many opportunities were the refs given to mess up? Literally thousands. And you all point to 5 - 10 instances to claim they did a terrible job? I'm not the best mathematician in the world, but I'm pretty sure that "success rate" is 99+%. That's good enough for me.

stfu

Hey Yo
06-08-2015, 10:04 AM
yup. game 1, Mozgov's game-tying FT should not have counted. then, Kyrie may not have gotten injured.

game 2, 3 FTs by Mozgov should not have counted - he clearly stepped over the line to make them, just like he did in game 1. Also got away with 2 travel calls. 2 bad calls on LeBron at the end when Draymond fouled him, but the refs didn't heavily favor either team tonight or last game

edit - Shaun Livingston's put back dunk should have counted and 2 BS foul calls on Klay to start the game when he was on fire in the 1st quarter wow
I think the shooter is allowed to step over the line as long as the ball makes contact with the basket first. I could be wrong though.

Shaq did that a lot in the rigged Kings series, but ball wasn't making contact first before he stepped over. No calls were made/ref's weren't made aware of it.

AirFederer
06-08-2015, 10:07 AM
It was bad. Okay, Bron got fouled a couple of times (still got 18 FTs) but my God, he travels on every fvcking possesion! And they don't call any of those. Shameful!

Cleverness
06-08-2015, 10:14 AM
I think the shooter is allowed to step over the line as long as the ball makes contact with the basket first. I could be wrong though.

Shaq did that a lot in the rigged Kings series, but ball wasn't making contact first before he stepped over. No calls were made/ref's weren't made aware of it.

You're right, but he's stepping over beforehand. Him and DeAndre Jordan are the only ones I've seen do this on a consistent basis and get away with it. Their FT% is much higher when they can step over the line. These three were from the other game, including the game-tying FT shot.

http://s23.postimg.org/sa543lbyi/ftm2.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/avkvvbetm/ftm3.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/rynnqtvii/ftm4.jpg

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11440060#post11440060

and here are a couple from last night's game:

http://s2.postimg.org/u44mbwcbs/ftm6.jpg

http://s2.postimg.org/pwefgw0a0/ftm7.jpg

sfballa13
06-08-2015, 10:14 AM

Typical stat watching, Cavs shot more free throws because they went to the basket more and had more shots in the paint

The refs, while terrible both ways, made two crucial errors that would have sealed the game for the Cavs.

No call on Iggy at the end of the game equals a free throw and the win for the Cavs. Slapping Lebron across both arms in front of the ref again equals free throws and the lead. :roll:

Both games have featured reffing leaning heavily towards the Warriors favor despite the discrepancies in free throws:facepalm

But yeh Lebron shot 18 free throws so the game must be rigged for the Cavs :lol

Next time actually watch the farxin game before you open your mouth

pegasus
06-08-2015, 10:18 AM
It was bad. Okay, Bron got fouled a couple of times (still got 18 FTs) but my God, he travels on every fvcking possesion! And they don't call any of those. Shameful!
This. How can anyone complain about that supposed missed call on Iggy when Lebron switched his pivot foot like 5 times prior to that? And he constantly pushes off his defenders to create space. Even when he got Iggy in the air with that pump fake, he elbowed him to create contact to get to the FT line. If anything, the refs are favoring the Cavs, because Lebron is getting majority of the calls.

24-Inch_Chrome
06-08-2015, 10:34 AM

Welcome to the NBA. Travelling is a huge problem that never really gets called, it's so much more than any one player. Try watching a game while looking specifically for travels/carries, it's maddening how rarely it's called. :lol

HurricaneKid
06-08-2015, 10:42 AM
You're right, but he's stepping over beforehand. Him and DeAndre Jordan are the only ones I've seen do this on a consistent basis and get away with it. Their FT% is much higher when they can step over the line. These three were from the other game, including the game-tying FT shot.

http://s23.postimg.org/sa543lbyi/ftm2.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/avkvvbetm/ftm3.jpg

http://s23.postimg.org/rynnqtvii/ftm4.jpg

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11440060#post11440060

and here are a couple from last night's game:

http://s2.postimg.org/u44mbwcbs/ftm6.jpg

http://s2.postimg.org/pwefgw0a0/ftm7.jpg

You are watching these games and you are complaining about LANE VIOLATIONS? The GSW picks have been HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS.

NBASTATMAN
06-08-2015, 10:52 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/7/8744627/lebron-james-got-hacked-over-and-over-without-the-refs-doing-anything

Kingwillball
06-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Some good points from those who actually watched who are not trolling. Lebron hacked numerous times throughout last few possessions. Green stealing jump ball by holding lebrons shoulder down should of been foul or ball awarded to Cavs very least as well.

Jasper
06-08-2015, 12:37 PM

How many plays were in that game? How many opportunities were the refs given to mess up? Literally thousands. And you all point to 5 - 10 instances to claim they did a terrible job? I'm not the best mathematician in the world, but I'm pretty sure that "success rate" is 99+%. That's good enough for me. :confusedshrug:
* granted all possessions are valuable, but 85% or more of the NBA games , and I am sure it is higher in playoff games- are won in the last 4 minutes.

What part of the game would you say is more critical of the out come of the game : beginning or end ?

kshutts1
06-08-2015, 12:43 PM
:confusedshrug:
* granted all possessions are valuable, but 85% or more of the NBA games , and I am sure it is higher in playoff games- are won in the last 4 minutes.

What part of the game would you say is more critical of the out come of the game : beginning or end ?
Seriously? They are of exactly the same importance. If a team scores 3 points in the first 5 seconds of a game, they still have those 3 points at the end of a game.

Jasper
06-09-2015, 05:38 PM
rate them 0-10

In all my years the ref's in this finals look like they are in their first playoff games and their whistles are up their a$$.

Question is who is really paying them :confusedshrug:

Game 1 : I rate them at 6
Game 2 : I rate them at 3

IMO they tried as hard as they could to get the War's a win= pathetic.

your take -
Bumped :

today before game 3 the ref's try to smooth over their errors :facepalm

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13042750/2015-nba-finals-league-admits-missed-calls-end-game-2

Make in the early 200x's I seen ref errors so blatant that who would think in pro sports the ref's would finally figure it out.
All I here is the game is becoming faster.
OK - then let the coaches except a players thoughts and have a team timeout / red flag like football and have the ref's watch a replay.

I'm sick and tired of watching horribly ref'ed games.

*I will guarantee the ref's will call a ton of fouls tonite to show they know how to call fouls , and the game will slow down, and players will be frustrated even more. End of series same old story , not one game called the same way :lol

Jasper
06-09-2015, 05:40 PM

:facepalm okkkkkkkkk:sleeping

kshutts1
06-10-2015, 08:13 AM
:facepalm okkkkkkkkk:sleeping
You commented on my same post twice... you really didn't like it, huh?

But you also failed to respond to my response... no matter when points are scored, that team still has them at the end of the game, so every basket, or potential basket, is of equal importance.

jzek
06-10-2015, 08:17 AM
0 if the Cavs lose
10 if the Cavs win

Jasper
06-10-2015, 10:15 AM
You commented on my same post twice... you really didn't like it, huh?

But you also failed to respond to my response... no matter when points are scored, that team still has them at the end of the game, so every basket, or potential basket, is of equal importance.
your a poster since 2007 , but you need to read your original post.
You stated that game 1 and 2 were fairly ref'ed.

All of ISH disagreed and the NBA a day ago stated that calls on Game 2 were called unfairly.
If I were you I would rebut your statement.

Game 3 : I rate at a 6-7.
The final close call was when the War's SG was out of bounds while the ref's called the Cav's PG out of bounds and called ball possession in War's favor.
The fan's , players and coach's of Cav's pleaded to review the call , and the ABC announcers flat out called it a BAD call.
Because of Game 2 debacle , they called a official time out and reviewed it.
That could of been a 4 point swing and changed the games out come.

The NBA has a rule that a ref can look at a replay when the clock in 2 minutes or less. They need to enforce this , but like I stated before the league needs to incorporate a rule change like the NFL to allow coach's to have a red flag to stop play and challenge a call. (FOR A REPLAY REVUE)
Three red flag options , if over turned no loss of a time out.If the play call stands , the team losses a time out.

The league is a multiple billion dollar business, TV rights are in the billions , players are paid millions and team franchises are hovering around 750 million dollars , but the league's ref's are the worse in pro sports.

IT NEEDS TO CHANGE.

Rate game 3.....

kshutts1
06-10-2015, 10:32 AM
your a poster since 2007 , but you need to read your original post.
You stated that game 1 and 2 were fairly ref'ed.

All of ISH disagreed and the NBA a day ago stated that calls on Game 2 were called unfairly.
If I were you I would rebut your statement.

Rate game 3.....

Even still, I believe that games 1 and 2 were consistently reffed. I don't care if most people disagree. We can point to individual calls that were missed, benefiting both teams, but we can't point to one team being allowed to do things that the other team is not allowed to. Similarly, the calls were consistent throughout the game.
The refs have, very clearly, called the game the same way since the first minute of the first game. I may not agree with HOW it is being called, but it IS consistent. It won't change. The teams need to adapt. Again, I do not agree with how the games are being called, but at least it's consistent.

That said, as I stated in the other thread, Game 3 left me with a sour taste in my mouth, in favor of Cleveland, but I can't pinpoint why. Just had a general feel of being "pro cleveland". Maybe it's because of my aforementioned disagreement with HOW the games are called. Cleveland is clearly the more physical team, and the refs are allowing this series to be more physical than any in recent memory. Seems odd.

But again, refs are human. I expect mistakes and decisions with which I do not agree. I just ask for consistency and making every effort to get it right (i.e. using replay when possible, communicating with one another if there are discrepancies, etc).

Sakkreth
06-10-2015, 10:44 AM
0 if the Cavs lose
10 if the Cavs win

Yeah cause Cavs didn't win game 2 right ? :rolleyes:

Jasper
06-15-2015, 03:52 PM
Game 5 ABC announcers were hacking on the REF's all most non-stop.

Favoritism or not , it seemed the ref's were favoring War's.

Love to see this series go to 7 games.
A full roster in Golden State has to rely on 3 point bombs to pick off a team with one all-star and a bunch of bench players.

For some reason I don't want to see the WAr's ever in a finals again.:basketball

Derka
06-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Its been consistently horrible refereeing for sure. They've missed tons of obvious calls for both teams and they've made up for it with some blindingly dumb headscratcher ticky-tack stuff both ways in responses (mostly in favor of GS but not overwhelmingly so).

Lebron should probably have a lot more free throws this series for sure but so Thompson, Green and Barnes have a case as well.

Jasper
06-18-2015, 09:41 AM
final game of the series showed similar issues with calls , and quite frankly I do not understand when a ref is 10 feet away from the play and calls it wrong.

Are they in need of education to what to look for ??

At the end of the game it was a wash , because even though Cav's made a brief run , the feeling from both teams with 3 minutes left was that the game was over.

Do you have ideas as to what could improve the ref's calls ???

I for one like to see the coaching staff's have a red flag like the NFL to stop play and have a call reviewed.
If reviewed and was not overturned the team losses a timeout.

I would like to see this through out the playoffs.

I for one would still like to see the first round go back to a 5 game series.
The season is long , and why make the playoffs a long stretch as well.

your thoughts on improving the ref's calls ......

kshutts1
06-18-2015, 10:00 AM
I've been saying "consistency!!" all series, but...

I had to ask my friend during the last game if he had ever seen so many missed calls with refs literally just a couple feet from said call. Neither one of us could remember that many missed obvious calls with refs so close.

That said, we were both quick to point out that it went in both directions, didn't favor any team, and certainly wouldn't have changed the outcome.

That said, the refs are clearly not good (though they were consistent..). To address that, I'm all for transparency. The NBA claims to rate the refs over the course of a season, and claims that the best refs are in the Finals. Show us those ratings after every game. Show us the accumulated rankings. Prove to us that you're putting the best product out there. It's illogical that the referees, who can have an immense impact on any game, are so mysterious.

2swift4u
06-18-2015, 10:03 AM
Do you have ideas as to what could improve the ref's calls ???

I for one like to see the coaching staff's have a red flag like the NFL to stop play and have a call reviewed.
If reviewed and was not overturned the team losses a timeout.

I would like to see this through out the playoffs.

I for one would still like to see the first round go back to a 5 game series.
The season is long , and why make the playoffs a long stretch as well.

your thoughts on improving the ref's calls ......

I like the idea of playing a 5 game series in the first round. I'm not sure about the flag thing, since I never watch Football. I think it's a good thing when refs use video footage to get the call right, however there are already far too many breaks in basketball in my opinion. It's probably the only thing I don't like about the NBA. The game gets interrupted all the time by time-outs, video reviews etc. I believe the games would be more dynamic and dramatic without all the pauses. But I guess that bothers me because I'm European and we're not used to that.

Jasper
06-19-2015, 12:56 PM
I've been saying "consistency!!" all series, but...

I had to ask my friend during the last game if he had ever seen so many missed calls with refs literally just a couple feet from said call. Neither one of us could remember that many missed obvious calls with refs so close.

That said, we were both quick to point out that it went in both directions, didn't favor any team, and certainly wouldn't have changed the outcome.

That said, the refs are clearly not good (though they were consistent..). To address that, I'm all for transparency. The NBA claims to rate the refs over the course of a season, and claims that the best refs are in the Finals. Show us those ratings after every game. Show us the accumulated rankings. Prove to us that you're putting the best product out there. It's illogical that the referees, who can have an immense impact on any game, are so mysterious.
That is a great point.
If they are rated , why can't the fans (public) as well as the teams see the values put on the ref's !!!
If the NBA bousts that their ref's are great they should prove it.