PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Game 2

ImKobe
06-08-2015, 12:56 AM
- Lebron did a great job setting up his teammates, his teammates for the most part did a great job on both ends of the floor, minus JR Smith of course

- Warriors had arguably their worst shooting game of their entire season and Curry was unlucky to miss a lot of those shots because they were ones that he usually makes, credit to Matty D for the defense and making him work hard, but Curry missed a lot of good shots

- Lebron's triple double was impressive no doubt, but his shooting wasn't. He started out the game shooting 7/12 in the first half, he missed 19 out of 23 shots in the 2nd half + overtime, that was honestly the WORST shooting performance I've ever seen and it's crazy that they even had the chance to win the game, not only did he miss a ton of shots, he missed some clutch free throws and that jump ball was just :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

- Matty D won the game for them and he was easily the x-factor and in my opinion the most important player in this game because of his defense and the game-winning free-throws, Lebron did a great job in the first half and even though he was terrible in the 2nd, their defense and rebounding put them in a position to win the game, nothing else needs to be said here.

Overall, I have been predicting Warriors in 5 games for a while now, I felt like Lebron could win a game or two for his team, didn't expect it to come this way but nevertheless he finally got his first win in the NBA Finals as a Cavalier and it came the toughest way possible.

I don't expect Curry to play this badly for the rest of the series, Warriors will close this series out at home, but I'm leaning towards a Game 7 based off the first two games.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2015, 01:00 AM
*Hacked on the jump ball
*Hacked on the play at the end of regulation by 3 defenders
*Hacked by Iguodola CLEARLY in OT

Dude gets no respect from the refs. Should have been another 44 pt game for him

ImKobe
06-08-2015, 01:08 AM
*Hacked on the jump ball

he travelled before one of those hacks, should have been a turnover anyways

it's a Finals game and it's the last possession and he's 6-8 250 pounds charging at the defenders, you expect there to be no contact? He got an easy layup and blew it

Relinquish
06-08-2015, 01:14 AM
*Hacked on the jump ball

Remember that if any of those were called fouls, either Draymond Green or Iguodala or BOTH would have fouled out, which would have drastically changed the end of the game.

BlakFrankWhite
06-08-2015, 01:15 AM
Curry got exposed

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Remember that if any of those were called fouls, either Draymond Green or Iguodala or BOTH would have fouled out, which would have drastically changed the end of the game.
Well, did they foul him? If the answer is yes (which it was), then they should have been gone. JR Smith fouled out, why not Green or Iggy?

Mr Feeny
06-08-2015, 01:21 AM
- Lebron did a great job setting up his teammates, his teammates for the most part did a great job on both ends of the floor, minus JR Smith of course

- Warriors had arguably their worst shooting game of their entire season and Curry was unlucky to miss a lot of those shots because they were ones that he usually makes, credit to Matty D for the defense and making him work hard, but Curry missed a lot of good shots

- Lebron's triple double was impressive no doubt, but his shooting wasn't. He started out the game shooting 7/12 in the first half, he missed 19 out of 23 shots in the 2nd half + overtime, that was honestly the WORST shooting performance I've ever seen and it's crazy that they even had the chance to win the game, not only did he miss a ton of shots, he missed some clutch free throws and that jump ball was just :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

- Matty D won the game for them and he was easily the x-factor and in my opinion the most important player in this game because of his defense and the game-winning free-throws, Lebron did a great job in the first half and even though he was terrible in the 2nd, their defense and rebounding put them in a position to win the game, nothing else needs to be said here.

Overall, I have been predicting Warriors in 5 games for a while now, I felt like Lebron could win a game or two for his team, didn't expect it to come this way but nevertheless he finally got his first win in the NBA Finals as a Cavalier and it came the toughest way possible.

I don't expect Curry to play this badly for the rest of the series, Warriors will close this series out at home, but I'm leaning towards a Game 7 based off the first two games.

If 11/35 is the worst shooting performance you've ever seen then God help you. Go back to Kobe's last finals game. 6/24. Or his 4-20 game against Indians. Regular season? 1/14 against the Spurs?

A Kobe stan talking about shooting percentage is hillarious:oldlol:

ImKobe
06-08-2015, 01:22 AM
If 11/35 is the worst shooting performance you've ever seen then God help you. Go back to Kobe's last finals game. 6/24. Or his 4-20 game against Indians. Regular season? 1/14 against the Spurs?

A Kobe stan talking about shooting percentage is hillarious:oldlol:

4/23 is worse than 6/24

no excuses, Lebron missed every clutch shot and a FT at the end of the game that would have lost them the game had Curry made the long 2

I gave Lebron props in the areas he did well, but he was terrible for the majority of the game when it comes to shooting the ball.

He's shooting 39,7% in the Finals while attempting 36.5 shots a game, stop it.

Springsteen
06-08-2015, 01:23 AM
it's a Finals game and it's the last possession and he's 6-8 250 pounds charging at the defenders, you expect there to be no contact? He got an easy layup and blew it

He had to power through 3 defenders at once all giving him some form of contact, give him some credit. :coleman:

Mr Feeny
06-08-2015, 01:23 AM

then they should be ejected. Who cares if they have 5 fouls. If they don't want to be called for their sixth fouls then they shouldn't commit those sixth fouls imo.
Calls blown and agree with J Shuttlesworth. This could have been back to back 44-45 point finals games.

Mr Feeny
06-08-2015, 01:24 AM
4/23 is worse than 6/24He didn't shoot 4/23. He shot 11/35. You can't take out certain stretches of a basketball game :oldlol:

Cleverness
06-08-2015, 01:26 AM
*Hacked on the jump ball

2 weak calls on Klay 1st quarter
at least 1 obvious phantom call when LeBron uses his arm to push off Barnes in 1st half - phantom call on Barnes
3 FTs with Mozgov obviously stepping over the line - should not have counted
Shaun Livingston put back dunk should have counted

I'll agree on #1 and #3 of your post, but you can't ignore like 10+ bad calls that went against the Warriors. refs were bad tonight all around.

ImKobe
06-08-2015, 01:26 AM
He didn't shoot 4/23. He shot 11/35. You can't take out certain stretches of a basketball game :oldlol:

barely

he missed as many shots as Kobe attempted altogether.

Mr Feeny
06-08-2015, 01:27 AM
4/23 is worse than 6/24

Agree that 40%fg shooting in the finals is terrible. Incidently that's Kobe's career finals fg% (Lebron's - ofcourse- is higher and this represents a drop off):cheers:

ImKobe
06-08-2015, 01:28 AM
He had to power through 3 defenders at once all giving him some form of contact, give him some credit. :coleman:

That's what he does best though? That's his game. He's always been able to finish through contact and I thought he was the best at it, it was a great look and he blew it at the end of the day, I'm not going to give him credit for missing a layup. He wasn't hacked on the shot.

Mr Feeny
06-08-2015, 01:29 AM
barely

he missed as many shots as Kobe attempted altogether.And still shot 11/35,, about 30%fg

Kobe ofcourse had 4-20,and 6/24 shooting games (25%fg and 20%fg (!). That is just horrific.
It's also impressive how lebron makes up for poor shooting with huge assists. You wouldn't expect that from Kobe:cheers:

Mr Feeny
06-08-2015, 01:30 AM
That's what he does best though? That's his game. He's always been able to finish through contact and I thought he was the best at it, it was a great look and he blew it at the end of the day, I'm not going to give him credit for missing a layup. He wasn't hacked on the shot.

Except that he was. We all agree on that. You're allowed to be eve what you want in your own warped fantasy world as a kobe stan :lebronamazed:

ImKobe
06-08-2015, 01:31 AM
Agree that 40%fg shooting in the finals is terrible. Incidently that's Kobe's career finals fg% (Lebron's - ofcourse- is higher and this represents a drop off):cheers:

I'm cool with that, Kobe's an inefficient chucker, who knew :roll:

I guess it's not cool to criticize Lebron for shooting below 40%

Kobe at the same age shot above 40% in the Finals and he got most of his buckets off contested jump shots while Bran is missing nearly every single shot he attempts outside of the paint.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2015, 01:33 AM
2 weak calls on Klay 1st quarter
at least 1 obvious phantom call when LeBron uses his arm to push off Barnes in 1st half - phantom call on Barnes
3 FTs with Mozgov obviously stepping over the line - should not have counted
Shaun Livingston put back dunk should have counted

I'll agree on #1 and #3 of your post, but you can't ignore like 10+ bad calls that went against the Warriors. refs were bad tonight all around.
I will agree that the refs were absolute garbage tonight. I told my friend I was watching it that this shit isn't rigged, because they would be trying to pull for it in favor of cleveland down the stretch, but it was clear they weren't. They are just god awful refs. It's just a shame that this is the refereeing we are seeing at the highest level of the game. Pathetic.

But I do think down the stretch, LeBron had some really bad no calls that damn near decided the game.

ImKobe
06-08-2015, 01:33 AM
And still shot 11/35,, about 30%fg

Kobe ofcourse had 4-20,and 6/24 shooting games (25%fg and 20%fg (!). That is just horrific.
It's also impressive how lebron makes up for poor shooting with huge assists. You wouldn't expect that from Kobe:cheers:

only that Kobe in Game 7 had the huge assist on that Ron Artest 3, or the huge assist to Fisher in Game 4 of 2009 Finals to get the game to OT and another assist in OT to Fisher for the open 3 to seal the game and give them a 3 - 1 series lead

but keep on trolling breh

Kobe is a horrible chucker and he still won more, I could care less about his off nights but you're obviously catching feelings and excusing Lebron's horrible jump shooting by bringing up Kobe.

Cleverness
06-08-2015, 01:37 AM

No respect is a bit of an exaggeration. He bulldozes his way into people all the time and gets a foul call quite often

https://vid.me/Pe7I

Refs won't let Harrison Barnes guard him in the post because he always gets called for contact created by LeBron:confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2015, 01:40 AM
I'm cool with that, Kobe's an inefficient chucker, who knew :roll:

I guess it's not cool to criticize Lebron for shooting below 40%

Kobe at the same age shot above 40% in the Finals and he got most of his buckets off contested jump shots while Bran is missing nearly every single shot he attempts outside of the paint.
This was a game where the Cavs were shooting 33% as a whole and the Warriors were shooting 39.8%

It wasn't an efficiency game at all.

It is unusual that last year, you guys were saying "LeBron needs to take more shots. **** efficiency. Take 40 shots"

Now that he's doing that, you guys are saying "Where's the efficiency?"

Make up your damn mind already.

ImKobe
06-08-2015, 01:46 AM
This was a game where the Cavs were shooting 33% as a whole and the Warriors were shooting 39.8%

It wasn't an efficiency game at all.

It is unusual that last year, you guys were saying "LeBron needs to take more shots. **** efficiency. Take 40 shots"

Now that he's doing that, you guys are saying "Where's the efficiency?"

Make up your damn mind already.

Lebron is the player that's supposed to be a ~50% shooter, right?

When Kobe shoots terribly or around 40%, it's expected because he's a jump shooter and he doesn't have the physical attributes to bulldoze his way to the rim for some easy baskets against small defenders, he doesn't have that advantage.

I never said that. I have criticized him for passing up shots in crunch time, but I'm not going to give him credit for attempting these shots when he's in a no pressure situation and he's bricking them left and right, even layups.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2015, 01:51 AM
Lebron is the player that's supposed to be a ~50% shooter, right?

When Kobe shoots terribly or around 40%, it's expected because he's a jump shooter and he doesn't have the physical attributes to bulldoze his way to the rim for some easy baskets against small defenders, he doesn't have that advantage.

I never said that. I have criticized him for passing up shots in crunch time, but I'm not going to give him credit for attempting these shots when he's in a no pressure situation and he's bricking them left and right, even layups.
You should actually appreciate what LeBron's doing now. Is he as good as 2012-14 LeBron? Nah... at least not scoring wise, but his playmaking and rebounding are great, as well as his post game. He's adopting that Kobe mentality. He will go 0 for 30 before he goes 1 of 9. Part of it is that Love and Kyrie aren't there to handle some of the shot creating. LeBron clearly shot better % when he had more floor spacing with Kyrie/Love in, but right now it's a different story, and he has to do whatever it takes. He's the only guy on the floor for the Cavs who can actually create their own shot besides JR Smith, but he's been awful.

Just sit back and appreciate this dude averaging 42/12/8.5 for the finals. Can't hate him for leaving it all out there. I could guarantee you Kobe would commend this performance. And while he's shooting inefficiently, he's doing a ton of other things to compensate. 16/11? Damn

And I'm not sure what you mean by him bricking shots in a no pressure situation... it's the ****ing finals :biggums:

k0kakw0rld
06-08-2015, 02:03 AM
4/23 is worse than 6/24

no excuses, Lebron missed every clutch shot and a FT at the end of the game that would have lost them the game had Curry made the long 2

I gave Lebron props in the areas he did well, but he was terrible for the majority of the game when it comes to shooting the ball.

At 30 played more Regular Season/playoffs minutes than lots of Retired players.

Mr Feeny
06-08-2015, 03:17 AM
You should actually appreciate what LeBron's doing now. Is he as good as 2012-14 LeBron? Nah... at least not scoring wise, but his playmaking and rebounding are great, as well as his post game. He's adopting that Kobe mentality. He will go 0 for 30 before he goes 1 of 9. Part of it is that Love and Kyrie aren't there to handle some of the shot creating. LeBron clearly shot better % when he had more floor spacing with Kyrie/Love in, but right now it's a different story, and he has to do whatever it takes. He's the only guy on the floor for the Cavs who can actually create their own shot besides JR Smith, but he's been awful.

Just sit back and appreciate this dude averaging 42/12/8.5 for the finals. Can't hate him for leaving it all out there. I could guarantee you Kobe would commend this performance. And while he's shooting inefficiently, he's doing a ton of other things to compensate. 16/11? Damn

And I'm not sure what you mean by him bricking shots in a no pressure situation... it's the ****ing finals :biggums:

Especially given that it's the finals. Kobe is a career 40%fg chucker in the finals for a reason. It's the highest stage. What Lebron is doing is simply incredible :lebronamazed:

Dbrog
06-08-2015, 03:23 AM
Well, did they foul him? If the answer is yes (which it was), then they should have been gone. JR Smith fouled out, why not Green or Iggy?

Bron got 18 threethrows! I'll agree that he got hacked on some of those plays in question but lets not act like he wasn't getting calls.

Mr Feeny
06-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Bron got 18 threethrows! I'll agree that he got hacked on some of those plays in question but lets not act like he wasn't getting calls.

Then, it should have been 24 free throws. I fail to see the logic in your argument. Just because he got 18 free throws, the refs are supposed to make the wrong call and not give him any more even when he is hacked?

Fudge
06-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Golden State Refs, and they still couldn't pull through. :oldlol:

King just stole the little boy's lunch money.

Quickening
06-08-2015, 03:46 AM
OP moaning about Lebron again, highlighting he isn't a basketball fan. Finals have been great so far, grow up and stop hating.

ChrisKreager
06-08-2015, 03:53 AM
Even with all those missed threes, the terrible game from Curry.... it never should have even gotten to OT (11-point lead with 3 minutes left should be closing time, not allowing GSW to get back in it).

Everything that could go wrong went wrong for Golden State- and they still damn near pulled it out.

Deuce Bigalow
06-08-2015, 06:21 AM
Lebron missed 24 shots damn

Whats the most missed shots in a finals game anyone?

Mr Feeny
06-08-2015, 06:47 AM
Lebron missed 24 shots damn

Whats the most missed shots in a finals game anyone?Not sure about a single game. He did put up 39,16,11 which has never before been done in the history of basketball in the playoffs, though. He's simply incredible:rockon: