PDA

View Full Version : Adjustments for Game 3

navy
06-08-2015, 01:13 AM
What adjustments do you think will be made?

SilkkTheShocker
06-08-2015, 01:14 AM
No Tony Brothers alone will do wonders to help Cleveland

DonDadda59
06-08-2015, 01:16 AM
Golden State- take more 3s.

Cavs- more Bron isos.

3rd straight OT game.

navy
06-08-2015, 01:17 AM

Cavs- more Bron isos.

3rd straight OT game.
:oldlol:

Probably true.

Anyways, the Cavs need to keep Mogov in on the Lebron isos so that Lebron has someone to pass too. Box score watching shows Mozgov and James Jones make the Cavs offense much better.

And the Warriors need to make some more 3s.

VeeCee15
06-08-2015, 01:18 AM
Jr Smith - take his brain out of the jar and put it back into his head

DaSeba5
06-08-2015, 01:21 AM
The pace favors the Cavs way too much. The Warriors should be running the Cavs off the court, but the slow pace has allowed Cleveland to play physical and make every game a grind out one. This has forced GS to start chucking shots with no confidence or rhythm. GS is still favored, but Cleveland has a good chance with this tempo.

LikeABosh
06-08-2015, 01:32 AM
Lebron needs to stop it with the long 2s, refs will hopefully stop ignoring him half the time when he's hacked. I see him shooting something like 15/24 next game.

SwishSquared
06-08-2015, 01:46 AM
1. GSW needs to push the pace. Cleveland is doing a good job slowing down the game and mucking up the transition opportunities for the Warriors.

2. Draymond needs to take/makes 3s on PnP to stretch out the D. He's not looking to score from there, though he should.

3. JR Smith needs to focus *so* much better. Consult with a sports psychologist, if necessary. He needs to get himself open a bit better so LBJ can find him with less effort.

4. Have Mozgov on the floor more, especially if Iggy's there. I'd live with Iggy hitting a 3 on the road for the rim protection. If GSW goes super small, subbing in TT is fine, but he needs a second wind too. They won tonight, but I think should have gone to Mozzy for just a couple minute stretch to refresh TT.

5. When Mozgov is in, have him cut to basket when Bogut/Ezeli shadow in a pre-rotation to double the LBJ post-up. Should have some easy finishes.

6. Cleveland needs to come out sharp. As in double digit halftime lead. If they want to win this series, they have to win the games at home imo. Can't count on them being able to go to the wire in Oracle 4 times in the same series when other squads barely can muster these kinds of games twice in a series. I'm surprised how CLE essentially should have won both games, given how short-handed they've been.

7. LBJ needs to keep attacking the paint. Refs shouldn't be as bad, so he should get more FT opportunities.

ImKobe
06-08-2015, 01:49 AM
Honestly, I'm not seeing any adjustments right now. Both teams are playing the way they are supposed to play, it just comes down to Curry showing up and making the shots he's been making all season.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2015, 01:52 AM

Cavs- more Bron isos.

3rd straight OT game.
lol

Sportal
06-08-2015, 02:00 AM
Jr Smith - take his brain out of the jar and put it back into his head

If this happens, GSW could be in trouble. Could have been 2-0 up without him playing any form of good.

outbreak
06-08-2015, 02:02 AM
GSW need to look inside or drive more when Mozgov is on the bench

Dave3
06-08-2015, 02:14 AM
Playing Curry off the ball a lot more, running him off multiple screens early on to get him going. He's not going to shoot this poorly again. Hats off to Delly, but you don't do this to the best shooter ever twice in one series.

The Warriors also shouldn't have forgotten about Thompson's hot hand. To be honest I wasn't paying super close attention to the Cavs defensive schemes on him in the second half, but I did notice JR. was still on him, which should really make Klay the go to scorer.

For Blatt, I'd like to see a little less Tristan and a bit more Mozgov (in terms of playing time). Tristan's been unstoppable on the offensive boards, but he was something like 0-6 this game (on really easy shots) and was like 2-5 in game 1 (again, on a lot of gimmies). Now I'm not sure if giving up his rebounding/defense will be worth it, but a big man who can finish in this series might be invaluable.

Most importantly though, get JR the hell off of Klay. He's not staying with him, and Klay is a dangerous shooter who can burn you very quickly. Switch off Shumpert to Klay, and put JR on Iggy/Draymond.

Overall, this series has been a lot gritter than I expected. We all knew GS had a great defense, but really hats off to the Cavs coaching and role players for their defensive efforts. Didn't see this coming. Likely though, the GSW offensive talent is going to break through eventually like it did at the end of game 1.

Prime_Shaq
06-08-2015, 02:18 AM
Warriors just need more ball movement and up the pace.
Cavs need Mozgov on the floor more and JR Smith to get benched lol.

Dave3
06-08-2015, 02:24 AM
Warriors just need more ball movement and up the pace.
Cavs need Mozgov on the floor more and JR Smith to get benched lol.
It's not as simple as benching JR. James Jones is a much worse defensive option, so you need JR in there defensively and as an offensive threat. You just need to hide him on Iggy/Draymond instead of assigning him to the 2nd best SG in the league lol. And one that does a lot of his damage moving off screens, which JR got lost on multiple times tonight.

bobeticus
06-08-2015, 02:32 AM
The pace favors the Cavs way too much. The Warriors should be running the Cavs off the court, but the slow pace has allowed Cleveland to play physical and make every game a grind out one. This has forced GS to start chucking shots with no confidence or rhythm. GS is still favored, but Cleveland has a good chance with this tempo.

THis.... this is what i'm telling my brother's here.... in this side of the planet.... slow pace or lebron eating the shot clock has been successful.. as Golden State is a run and gun style of play... when the game is slowed down you take away the crowd...

Straight_Ballin
06-08-2015, 02:42 AM
Do you think steve Kerr is a moron? The minute he makes them play run and gun fast tempo ball, Blatt will just yawn and put Shawn Marrion in the game. The same Shawn Marion that used to keep up pace with prime Nash and still can keep that pace. It would be a wasted effort on Kerr's part and he's played enough with MJ to have high enough basketball IQ to not do this. This disrespect for coaching IQ on this board. :facepalm

Lol Marion is slow as fvck now but let's see who gets shook shall we?

Dave3
06-08-2015, 02:44 AM
THis.... this is what i'm telling my brother's here.... in this side of the planet.... slow pace or lebron eating the shot clock has been successful.. as Golden State is a run and gun style of play... when the game is slowed down you take away the crowd...
Third agreed. When the score was in the 60s going into the 4th, the main thing I was thinking was "if this pace continues, the Cavs might actually pull this one out"

Eric Cartman
06-08-2015, 02:46 AM
Warriors - Jack up more 3's and hope they go in, 2 best shooters on the league, seems like a good strategy. You live by the 3, then baby let's die by the 3. Taking nothing for granted I want 15+ 3's attempts from Thompson and Curry. Ride with a nikka. Blow the whistle.

Cleveland - Lebron plays traditional point guard, posting him up in the wing isn't doing them much favors with his jumpshot gone, might as well stick exclusively to driving, kicking and scoring inside.

Cleverness
06-08-2015, 02:49 AM
The pace was huge for the Cavs.. helps LeBron play so many minutes too

I swear I heard Charles Barkley in the 2nd half talking about how the Warriors need to speed up the tempo of the game.:lol

inclinerator
06-08-2015, 02:52 AM
Do you think steve Kerr is a moron? The minute he makes them play run and gun fast tempo ball, Blatt will just yawn and put Shawn Marrion in the game. The same Shawn Marion that used to keep up pace with prime Nash and still can keep that pace. It would be a wasted effort on Kerr's part and he's played enough with MJ to have high enough basketball IQ to not do this. This disrespect for coaching IQ on this board. :facepalm

Lol Marion is slow as fvck now but let's see who gets shook shall we?
good one :lol

Inferno
06-08-2015, 02:54 AM
Curry - don't suck ass

coin24
06-08-2015, 02:57 AM
The cavs are playing hard not sure they can do much more with the personnel left, and it's obviously working. They could easily be up 2-0..

The warriors look like complete shit.

Dumb 3s when they should be looking to put the game away. First few possessions of ot they just pissed it away with idiotic quick 3s..
Obviously different story if Steph made his usual amount but that's not happening..
Need more from draymond in offense, same as Barnes. The scoring droughts kill them when they're clanking 3s

ChrisKreager
06-08-2015, 03:02 AM
Find a way to put someone else on Golden State against Delly. Get Curry away from him.

hahaitme
06-08-2015, 04:54 AM
Since Delly was a success on Curry, it's time to put Joe Harris on Klay