PDA

View Full Version : Green and Bogs versus Tristan and Moz

sundizz
06-08-2015, 01:28 AM
Which 4-5 tandem is better? We've been fed a narrative all year that Lebron has no help but from what I've seen this playoffs TT and Moz are arguably as good or better than the heralded Dray Bogz from the Dubs :confusedshrug:

Green is supposed to be a DPOY but they don't put him on Lebron, someone his own size?

SilkkTheShocker
06-08-2015, 01:28 AM
Green is comically overrated

plowking
06-08-2015, 01:32 AM
I think Green is in shock because he is matched up against a player that works as hard as him.

Bogut is better than Mozgov, but the Cavs are smart enough to pick out Mozgov on the pick and rolls. Bogut covers so much ground and helps on guys due to Curry and Klay getting burned at times that he has to rush to get back to Mozgov.

I'd take Green and Bogut, but on their day, Mozgov in particular can be nice for you on offense.

sundizz
06-08-2015, 03:23 AM
yeah i think green and bogz are better but this is some reverse flash ish going on right now. The difference in these games has amazingly been the outstanding ability of these two to play dray and bog to a standstill. They usually adapt though and overcome just like in the Memphis series.

oarabbus
06-08-2015, 03:39 AM

No he's not. Double double, 5 steals 4 blocks and great defense all around in a game he could have played better in. The only player besides Klay Thompson to even make the game within reach of overtime.

Mozgov is a great player. Surprisingly athletic, legit 7'1" player who has come into his own. This is a guy who backed up Kosta Koufos in Denver. He's a great free throw shooter for a big man too.

Thompson has been getting his ass shut down, but has been able to get offensive rebounds. Bogut dropped in 10 points and 2 blocks, and is one of the few centers in the league to almost pull off that behind the back dunk.

Green and Bogut > Mozgov and Thompson, but it's VERY close... and mostly because of Mozgov.

bobeticus
06-08-2015, 07:01 AM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/462718664-timofey-mozgov-of-the-cleveland-cavaliers-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QXikG9wB%2B1vuy1JysUbTFs2eUJ dKGPPr3s3GrCchPi6RCVr3NZW8PWgXs08iFfowGHGONSAdw7w1 9PAP4B%2BLyd01b62Oknd4o4USByxCiFeM

+

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/godzilla/images/d/d3/Godzilla98.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140628224734

=

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/*******-Launches-Science-Lab-Platform-2.jpg

RoundMoundOfReb
06-08-2015, 07:03 AM
Green and Bogut

Teanett
06-08-2015, 07:09 AM
how about Tristan and Moz versus Dwight and Josh Smith?
now look at the price tag!

Foster5k
06-08-2015, 08:05 AM
No he's not. Double double, 5 steals 4 blocks and great defense all around in a game he could have played better in. The only player besides Klay Thompson to even make the game within reach of overtime.

Mozgov is a great player. Surprisingly athletic, legit 7'1" player who has come into his own. This is a guy who backed up Kosta Koufos in Denver. He's a great free throw shooter for a big man too.

Thompson has been getting his ass shut down, but has been able to get offensive rebounds. Bogut dropped in 10 points and 2 blocks, and is one of the few centers in the league to almost pull off that behind the back dunk.

Green and Bogut > Mozgov and Thompson, but it's VERY close... and mostly because of Mozgov.
I agree.

This big Russian named Mozgov is starting to grow on me. I like his game and his attitude. Dude always seems to have his head in the game. Very lucky for the Cavs to get this guy.

SexSymbol
06-08-2015, 08:10 AM
Mozgov is better than Bogut
Tristan is so far better than Green in these playoffs.
There's nothing to discuss here.

bigt
06-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Mozgov's been amazing so far, really picked up his game since joining Cleveland. I figured he was just coming in as a body to throw out there and clog the lane but he's become a legitimate asset for the team.

Tristan Thompson is really good at what he does, but I'd still take Draymond Green 9 times out of 10, but he hasn't really been locked in so far. His hustle advantage is wiped out going against Thompson and Iggy's been the better defender on Bron.

Problem with Bogut is he's better at defending a back to the basket big like Howard. You'd rather him not chasing PnR and Blatt's been using Mozgov well so far. Still, in those final minutes Golden State have the advantage, they've forced Cleveland to play to their positional game

3ball
06-08-2015, 09:50 AM
this..

i swear, the media knows NOTHING about basketball.

this idiot is a slightly better version of boris diaw.

scm5
06-08-2015, 11:22 AM
this..

Diaw is more reliable offensively.

I swear Draymond can barely finish anything in traffic.

hawksdogsbraves
06-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Thompson is probably a slightly better defensive rebounder than Green, but that's literally the only place he has an edge.

Green is a much better defender and scorer, though neither of them are really offensive minded players.

Mozgov has been extremely impressive though, he's completely owned Bogut when they've been on the court at the same time, which hasn't been for a ton of minutes but still...

SilkkTheShocker
06-08-2015, 11:30 AM
this..

I would much rather Cleveland see Green than Diaw. He could defend LeBron better, better passer, and more likely to knockdown a clutch 3. Once refs stop letting Green get away with blatant cheating, he won't look too good.

ClipperRevival
06-08-2015, 12:19 PM

This. Cleveland's bigs have owned the paint this series so far. Grabbing most of the boards and controlling the interior. Bogut has been getting owned by Mosgov and Tristan is all over the place. Green gives you versatility but down low, it's not even close right now.

ClipperRevival
06-08-2015, 12:21 PM
The play of the bigs has been the biggest surprise for me so far. And because Clev's bigs have so thoroughly controlled the interior is the biggest reason why this series is so close outside of Bron of course. But everyone knew Bron would be Bron.

ClipperRevival
06-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Mosgov is more fluid and can get off the floor quicker than Bogut and Tristan works just as hard as Green but he is naturally bigger. So they both have the advantage down low.

scm5
06-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Bogut and Green are better players but have been out performed by Mozgov and Thompson so far in the Finals.

ClipperRevival
06-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Bogut and Green are better players but have been out performed by Mozgov and Thompson so far in the Finals.

Tristan might be playing over his head but the guy is a monster down low. He is affecting possessions with not only his offensive rebounds but the numerous tip balls he gets to his teammates. That equals extra possessions. I can't count the number of times Tristan or Mosgov have tipped balls to their teammates after a missed shot in these two games. It's got to be close to 10-15 times.

scm5
06-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Tristan might be playing over his head but the guy is a monster down low. He is affecting possessions with not only his offensive rebounds but the numerous tip balls he gets to his teammates. That equals extra possessions. I can't count the number of times Tristan or Mosgov have tipped balls to their teammates after a missed shot in these two games. It's got to be close to 10-15 times.

I agree but I think Bogut has shown that he has more talent than Mozgov and might be the better player, but he doesn't get the touches or doesn't feel the need to score much. He's a hell of a defender though.

Green is a beast, but is outmatched by Thompson in terms of offensive rebounding. Green also doesn't really need to defend Thompson much, so he's not that useful right now. Green has also been complete trash in traffic. Can't finish anything.

ClipperRevival
06-08-2015, 01:33 PM
I agree but I think Bogut has shown that he has more talent than Mozgov and might be the better player, but he doesn't get the touches or doesn't feel the need to score much. He's a hell of a defender though.

Green is a beast, but is outmatched by Thompson in terms of offensive rebounding. Green also doesn't really need to defend Thompson much, so he's not that useful right now. Green has also been complete trash in traffic. Can't finish anything.

Bogut has looked like absolute sh*t. Mosgov is completely outplaying him. Always getting to missed shots much quicker than Bogut. Mosgov is more fluid and lighter on his feet. Bogut has been relegated to holding guys and committing dumb fouls because he can't get too anything.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-08-2015, 05:57 PM

:applause:

sundizz
06-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Green losing money game by game.

PejaNowitzki
06-10-2015, 12:28 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: