PDA

View Full Version : Anyone feel like Curry adds too much unnecessary flashiness to his game?

navy
06-08-2015, 03:08 AM
Make no mistake, Curry when he is on is the prettiest player in basketball ever. Face included, but sometimes he does these unnecessary highlight passes and extra dribbles that I just despise.

I feel like Kyrie is the same way sometimes. The way he spin dribbles off pick and rolls rarely ever works, im not sure how that move even gets added to a pick and roll arsenal....

These are the best two players to watch in the nba when they are embarrasing people, but I just see them try it abit too often for my liking.

:confusedshrug:

warriorfan
06-08-2015, 03:10 AM
its just part of his game

Funktion
06-08-2015, 03:11 AM
Dribbles into trouble too much at times. Also seems like today when he got trapped he dumped it off quick then got lost on the court.

Dbrog
06-08-2015, 03:12 AM
He honestly plays out of control most of the time..at least seems that way. Today his shot form just looked straight funky and I think it's a product of his style. He was overdribbling everwhere and taking stupid off-balance kobe shots instead of squaring up or driving. I've seen his flashiness get him into trouble other times but usually he shoots such a high % from 3, it doesn't matter. Still...I really believe you could be making much better decisions than takin 15 threes a game (don't care how many you make)

Springsteen
06-08-2015, 03:53 AM
It's fine (see: Kyrie's handles).

The one thing that irked me tonight though was after shooting like 2-16, he got fouled by JR on a 2-point attempt and celebrated to the crowd like he just recieved a 4-point play. Dude's gotta level himself down a little.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-08-2015, 03:55 AM
Its funny how everyones finally catching on too whats been so obvious for so long. Hes all flash and little substance

warriorfan
06-08-2015, 03:56 AM
Its funny how everyones finally catching on too whats been so obvious for so long. Hes all flash and little substance

29/5/7/2 on .614 TS% over 16 games in the playoffs is little substance?

:biggums:

plowking
06-08-2015, 03:56 AM

:oldlol:

Fudge
06-08-2015, 04:00 AM
Its funny how everyones finally catching on too whats been so obvious for so long. Hes all flash and no substance
fixt

oarabbus
06-08-2015, 04:04 AM

Yeah ok lol.

Curry's flashiness is fine. What's not fine is Draymond turning the ball over twice while trying to throw the lob to Bogut. Just ****ing bounce pass it to the guy

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-08-2015, 04:07 AM
How many fcking lobs have GS fcked up w/ Bogut since the Houston series:oldlol: :oldlol: must be double digits by now sht is pathetic to watch:oldlol:

navy
06-08-2015, 04:10 AM
Curry is a legit superstar. Not a hate thread

oarabbus
06-08-2015, 04:34 AM
Curry is a legit superstar. Not a hate thread

Then being honest yes, he does do that. Sometimes the Tim Duncan model is the one to follow.

navy
06-08-2015, 04:37 AM
Then being honest yes, he does do that. Sometimes the Tim Duncan model is the one to follow.
I think that oracle is so live that it's okay though. That arena is just ready to erupt every play.

bobeticus
06-08-2015, 05:13 AM
its just part of his game

you don't do that on Finals... those flashiness leave that on season...

JimmyMcAdocious
06-08-2015, 06:36 AM
Eh, it's what also makes him so dangerous to guard. Since he's typically on, I'd say it's more of a positive.

But yeah. When he's off, he just looks like a dumbass out there over dribbling and chucking up god awful shots like the world's most annoying pick up teammate.

Teanett
06-08-2015, 07:01 AM
"flashiness" has some unnecessarities to it.

kenny817
06-08-2015, 08:27 AM

The one thing that irked me tonight though was after shooting like 2-16, he got fouled by JR on a 2-point attempt and celebrated to the crowd like he just recieved a 4-point play. Dude's gotta level himself down a little.

No he didn't. He was signaling 3 as to say he wanted 3 free throws instead of 2. He wasn't celebrating

PJR
06-08-2015, 08:32 AM
He's way too loose with the ball. Needs to value possessions better.

bigt
06-08-2015, 08:34 AM
I think that oracle is so live that it's okay though. That arena is just ready to erupt every play.

As great as that crowd is I wonder if their eagerness to explode is actually a detriment at times. From what I've seen the Warriors tend to play a little smarter when they're away, especially early. Seems they want to give the people highlight reel plays and it leads to some of the sloppiness (like those Green lobs that were nowhere near the mark).

I mean you'd take the Roaracle as a home base any day of the week, but sometimes the players need to just play instead of being too tricky to get a standing O

SHAQisGOAT
06-08-2015, 08:40 AM
"flashiness" has some unnecessarities to it.

^This

You could even argue that he'd be less "effective" otherwise, but anyways, just how his game goes.

At least he's not quite like a Pistol Pete with it or something (even though Maravich played without the 3pt line, in a non-guard oriented league, in a time where that type of flashiness was frowned upon by many and a lot of teammates weren't that susceptible to flashy-passes or so).

Wally450
06-08-2015, 10:49 AM
I feel when he's on his game like you mentioned, its a thing of beauty to watch. But, when his game is off like in Game 2 it looks like a train wreck.

We've rarely seen him have a game like this, so the questions will rise when we see it.

navy
06-08-2015, 01:46 PM
I feel when he's on his game like you mentioned, its a thing of beauty to watch. But, when his game is off like in Game 2 it looks like a train wreck.

We've rarely seen him have a game like this, so the questions will rise when we see it.
I wasnt really talking about Game 2. That was just a bad game not due to trying highlight plays imo. But that behind the back pass to Barbosa was just cringe worthy

funnystuff
06-08-2015, 02:01 PM
what about that point black wide open lay up that tied it. He went more crazy about that than Bron after the win.

KungFuJoe
06-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Double edged sword. Will keep Curry from being a TRUE great. Not that I thought he had the potential to be mentioned with the GOATs in the first place, but he's too careless to a fault at times.

Curry was a TO machine early last year.

Hey Yo
06-08-2015, 04:31 PM

I agree.

Also noticed that in game 1, he hit a jumper around the foul line to put GS up by 2 with 53 seconds left. Then proceeded to stand there in that spot for like 5 seconds as if "look what I just did" then finally got back on defense.

kunk75
06-08-2015, 05:54 PM
yeah and his fake ass voice he speaks with now, he's got kd disease trying to pretend to be hard.

Dro
06-08-2015, 09:43 PM
I think he does too much but its part of his game..Like it helps him keep a rhythm or something. It almost seems organic. But he seems to do a lot for show...Like his dribbling exhibitions before the game and him shooting from the tunnel before every game just feel like showing off.........

navy
06-10-2015, 03:30 AM
That Curry turnover

nashwade
06-10-2015, 07:08 AM
he's still young. he'll get over all those childish antics

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-10-2015, 07:16 AM
he's still young. he'll get over all those childish antics
Username: nashwade
:roll: :roll: :roll:

those 2 players are known for their flash too