PDA

View Full Version : Which Will We See First? Another LeBron or Another Shaq?

Foster5k
06-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Both of these players are seemingly legendary status. Shaq, of course, has already sealed his legacy as one of the most dominate forces to ever step foot on a court. LeBron, meanwhile, is writing his epic legacy that will go down in history as one of the greatest to ever do it.

So, which player will we see again first? Another Shaq or another LeBron? Whichever is the case, I hope the league is ready. :D

Velocirap31
06-08-2015, 04:38 PM
Probably Lebron just because of the smaller size. It's hard to find a guy at 6'8" who can move like he's 6' though while being 270 lbs.

A prime Shaq had a great vertical and speed for his enormous size as well. I just can't picture many 7'1" 330 lb guys being even remotely athletic. Yet Shaq absolutely was.

I guess I didn't even factor in basketball skill.

JerrySeinfeld
06-08-2015, 04:41 PM
lebron based solely on height factoring in probability

LikeABosh
06-08-2015, 04:41 PM
We will never see another Lebron.

JerrySeinfeld
06-08-2015, 04:43 PM
We will never see another Lebron.

people probably said the same thing about Oscar, Elgin, and Magic as well.

We will see another LeBron before we ever see another Shaq

SexSymbol
06-08-2015, 04:45 PM
We won't see another shaq because of the rule change.
And LeBron... well we have losers coming into the league every year

Foster5k
06-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Probably Lebron just because of the smaller size. It's hard to find a guy at 6'8" who can move like he's 6' though while being 270 lbs.

A prime Shaq had a great vertical and speed for his enormous size as well. I just can't picture many 7'1" 330 lb guys being even remotely athletic. Yet Shaq absolutely was.

I guess I didn't even factor in basketball skill.
I pretty much agree.

Shaq was such an anomaly. A person, that big, shouldn't be able to do the things he was able to do. Also, he was very durable. I remember watching Yao Ming and thinking, "Wow! This guy is unreal." However, then he started having all the foot injuries that you almost knew were going to come sooner or later for a guy that big. It hurt to see a guy that talented, as Yao Ming was, go out like that.

This is why I think we will have to be very lucky to witness another player like Shaq. Not only was he huge, but he was also extremely athletic and very durable for a guy that size. If we ever see another player like peak Shaq, I would be very surprised.

hateraid
06-08-2015, 04:48 PM
More likely to see another Lebron. Shaq's size is just too much to be replicated

Springsteen
06-08-2015, 04:49 PM
We won't see another shaq because of the rule change.
And LeBron... well we have losers coming into the league every year

What is up with your hatred for this guy? He's a proven winner. :rolleyes:

Relinquish
06-08-2015, 08:40 PM
What is up with your hatred for this guy? He's a proven winner. :rolleyes:

C'mon man he has autism, just let him do his thing.

TylerOO
06-08-2015, 08:42 PM
There will NEVER be another LeBron

Keno
06-08-2015, 08:47 PM
maybe there will be another lebron in terms of psychical attributes (probably down a few lbs or so), but combined with what he does on the court? no. we will never see another lebron.

pauk
06-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Neither, forget it.

TheMan
06-08-2015, 09:08 PM
To be fair, you can say that about all the GOAT players, have we seen another KAJ? No, another MJ? No, another Oscar Robertson, Wilt, Jerry West, Bird, Magic, Moses Malone, Hakeem? No...my point is that all the GOAT level players brought a different skill set that set them apart from the rest.

So no, we will never see another LeBron or Shaq but we will see future GOAT players who bring something new and unique to the table like say Kevin Durant, size of a center playing the perimeter with a GOAT shooting touch and so on...

Also, there's no point in labeling players the new so and so like how the media did with Kobe and LeBron as the new MJ :facepalm Just let those players write their own legacy FFS

jimmy77x
06-08-2015, 09:16 PM
Bran stans are soon to be hating on the new face of the league in 5 years :lol clinging on to lebricks tiny nuts every chance they get.

Sportal
06-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Well... We're gonna see another Hakeem and then some next season.

OT: I don't think we'll ever see another Shaq. The NBA has changed a lot with its team needs.

plowking
06-08-2015, 09:56 PM
I don't think we'll ever see a player as athletically gifted as Lebron who is as durable.

All these other greats in the top 10 all had some kinds of injuries and what not, but Bron seems to have remained unharmed. I don't get how a dude that big doesn't have knee issues or even back issues, and it is even more baffling considering how much toll he puts on his body given all the jumping, sprinting and change of direction.

smoovegittar
06-08-2015, 10:01 PM
I could see about a dozen Dwights...

Kobe_6/8
06-08-2015, 10:13 PM
LeBron joined the NBA straight out of high school. Shaq should have joined straight out of high school, LSU gave him a super-stacked offer to join them.

In the current era of necessary college or overseas plays, I don't think we'll ever see as much hype as these two had before they got drafted.

I would say Shaq. Imagine how more dominant he would have been if he cared about free throws? Shaq's body + MJ mentality = GOAT

Marchesk
06-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Still waiting for the second coming of Wilt.

zoom17
06-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Still waiting for the second coming of Wilt.

http://nbatitlechase.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Hassan-Whiteside-Blocks-Jarrett-Jack.png

dreamwarrior
06-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Lebron is pretty unique in that he was filled out before he even came into the NBA. Plus his skill set was better than anyone else coming out of HS. Copared with college guys, he trailed behind Wilt, Kareem, Jordan, Bird, Shaq, Ewing and Robinson but not by much. He's as much a freak as Shaq and Wilt. It was 33 years between Wilt and Shaq's debuts, but only 12 between Shaq and Lebron. It's been 11 years now so we might actually see the next freak in next year's draft.

warriorfan
06-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Guys like LeBron and Shaq are extremely unique and generational type talents. Just like there hasn't been another Wilt, or another KAJ, or another Jordan, there isn't going to be another LeBron or Shaq in our lifetime. If we are lucky we might see 2 or 3 players with physical packages that rival LeBron or Shaq's in different aspects but we are not going to see "another LeBron" or "another Shaq" in a long long time.

The only person in the league as of right now that has a shot to be in that stratosphere of athletic talent is Anthony Davis. Extremely long, coordinated, fast, strong. He is pretty unbelievable. If he keeps adding strength with out sacrificing his agility and coordination he has a chance to be up in that territory. Perhaps still a hair below the tier of Wilt, LeBron, Shaq, and Robinson though.

DaHeezy
06-08-2015, 11:08 PM
Ben Simmons

HylianNightmare
06-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Shaq