PDA

View Full Version : Simple Debate. Put Curry on the Cavs and Lebron on GSW

imnew09
06-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Where would MVP curry lead the Cavs?

First round exit.

Main question : Would GSW hit 70 Wins with Lebron? How about 80?

Fudge
06-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Shaun Livingston/Leandro Barbosa
Klay Thompson/Andre Iguodala
LeBron James/Harrison Barnes
Draymond Green/David Lee
Andrew Bogut/Festus Ezeli

Holy shit. Easily a sweep.

FatComputerNerd
06-08-2015, 09:00 PM
joke thread?

LikeABosh
06-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Warriors go 16-0 for sure. Cavs lose to the Bulls in 5

warriorfan
06-08-2015, 09:04 PM
LeBron's Warriors lose to Houston, not enough spacing.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Imagine LeBron with all those shooters and defenders, and him being the leader, instead of what they have now? :eek: Klay would bird feed like crazy off LeBron

Plus, they get to face injured Rockets/Grizz/Pelicans? Hawks in the finals? LBJ playing 32 minutes in the RS?

74 wins
16-0 playoffs

warriorfan
06-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Imagine LeBron with all those shooters and defenders, and him being the leader, instead of what they have now? :eek: Klay would bird feed like crazy off LeBron

Plus, they get to face injured Rockets/Grizz/Pelicans? Hawks in the finals? LBJ playing 32 minutes in the RS?

74 wins
16-0 playoffs

All those shooters?

Livingston - has made 10 3 pointers in 10 years of NBA :lol
Klay - Good shooter
LeBron - yeah....
Green - 28% career 3 point shooter in playoffs
Bogut - yeah...

:biggums:

red1
06-08-2015, 09:16 PM
LeBron's Warriors lose to Houston, not enough spacing.
LOL

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2015, 09:17 PM
All those shooters?

Livingston - has made 10 3 pointers in 10 years of NBA :lol
Klay - Good shooter
LeBron - yeah....
Green - 28% career 3 point shooter
Bogut - yeah...

Start LeBron at PG, Livingston off the bench, Barnes at SF. Not hard to grasp

warriorfan
06-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Start LeBron at PG, Livingston off the bench, Barnes at SF. Not hard to grasp

The spacing problem still doesn't change. Barnes scores 10 points a game and has been averaging one 3 point make per game at 32%. This is not a good shooter. Not hard to grasp.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2015, 09:26 PM
The spacing problem still doesn't change. Barnes scores 10 points a game and has been averaging one 3 point make per game at 32%. This is not a good shooter. Not hard to grasp.
LeBron is proving this year he doesn't need great spacing to be successful. He's winning starting with Thompson/Mozgov, neither who can shoot. It'd be like the Cavs now but with a legit 10 man rotation. Iggy/LeBron pestering opposing backcourts? It's over. I don't think LeBron ever had someone as good as Iggy coming off the bench.

Fudge
06-08-2015, 09:30 PM
LeBron is proving this year he doesn't need great spacing to be successful. He's winning starting with Thompson/Mozgov, neither who can shoot. It'd be like the Cavs now but with a legit 10 man rotation. Iggy/LeBron pestering opposing backcourts? It's over. I don't think LeBron ever had someone as good as Iggy coming off the bench.
Damn.

Got eem!

warriorfan
06-08-2015, 09:31 PM

You are shifting your goalposts about GSW's shooters. LeBron has a better supporting cast of shooters in Clevland that he would in Golden State. LeBron doesn't have enough spacing to operate properly on the current Warrior team.

Iggy and LeBron are too similar in skill sets. Redundant and not effective. Both substandard shooters with no off ball play. Both thrive with the ball in their hand. It doesn't work. You are building teams like it's NBA2k and just assembling people with the highest rating with out having any sort of sense on how to build a well rounded team.

sd3035
06-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Cavs would go 98-0

sundizz
06-08-2015, 10:10 PM
Curry, Kyrie, Iman, Tristan, Mozgov might as well start and just try to outscore teams and come with help a lot on the defensive side. Iman, TT and Moz cover space very well. They would very easily come out of the East and make the finals. Curry has had like 1 terrible game, and 2 bad games this playoffs. The other 11 have been amazing level.

It would be tough for them against GS because they lack the size. However, they could put Iman on Lebron and help a lot with TT and Moz. Then, make others like Barnes or Dray try to beat them. Doubling on Bron and Klay would work. I'd be a close series but Dubs would likely win 4-2 due to their bench depth.

DaHeezy
06-08-2015, 10:35 PM
Curry, Kyrie, Iman, Tristan, Mozgov might as well start and just try to outscore teams and come with help a lot on the defensive side. Iman, TT and Moz cover space very well. They would very easily come out of the East and make the finals. Curry has had like 1 terrible game, and 2 bad games this playoffs. The other 11 have been amazing level.

It would be tough for them against GS because they lack the size. However, they could put Iman on Lebron and help a lot with TT and Moz. Then, make others like Barnes or Dray try to beat them. Doubling on Bron and Klay would work. I'd be a close series but Dubs would likely win 4-2 due to their bench depth.

It would be a sweep. Mismatch in the post for the backcourt. If they put Bron at PG and Klaus at shooting guard no matter how you matchup the back court of Kyrie and Curry would get bullied.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2015, 11:52 PM
You are shifting your goalposts about GSW's shooters. LeBron has a better supporting cast of shooters in Clevland that he would in Golden State. LeBron doesn't have enough spacing to operate properly on the current Warrior team.

Iggy and LeBron are too similar in skill sets. Redundant and not effective. Both substandard shooters with no off ball play. Both thrive with the ball in their hand. It doesn't work. You are building teams like it's NBA2k and just assembling people with the highest rating with out having any sort of sense on how to build a well rounded team.
For one thing, you're overreacting to the "LeBron needs spacing" idea. Simply not true when he can pound the post, play a 2 man game with Bogut (he'd actually make Bogut become a decent scoring threat despite no post moves). Even with that said, Green, Barnes, Iggy, and obviously Klay are servicable shooters from 3. Barnes shot 40% on the season, and he's a guy who can create his own shot... you know... something that LeBron doesn't have right now without Love/Kyrie. He'd also get the best out of Speights, who can hid open mid range jumpers very efficiently. Having multiple guys off the bench who can score is something that LeBron doesn't have right now.

And you're ignoring the fact that this would be by far the deepest roster and best defense LeBron had. This is already a #1 defense... They would definitely improve with LeBron defending opposed to Curry. Plus the playmaking would be better. The best part is that they can play FAST, or SLOW. Up tempo ball is great for LeBron, but they can also play big man ball with LeBron in the post.

warriorfan
06-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Bogut isn't scoring more than 7-9ppg

Barnes is a 10 ppg scorer shooting 32% with 1 make from 3 point range this playoff

Iguodala is shooting 35% 3's but its a fluke. He can't shoot. He is 45% FT shooter...

Green is shooting 25% from 3 pointers with 1.5 makes a game in the playoff

LeBron, Thompson, Barnes, Green, Bogut would be an absolutely awful offense, not a good rebounding team. Only playing good defense will only take you so far.

chazzy
06-09-2015, 12:28 AM
LeBron is proving this year he doesn't need great spacing to be successful. He's winning starting with Thompson/Mozgov, neither who can shoot.
He's shooting a career low efficiency and his team's offense is wack. It's definitely affecting him

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 12:40 AM
Bogut isn't scoring more than 7-9ppg
LeBron is great at getting good usage out of big men like Bogut. He's great at playing the 2 man game with centers, and getting easy looks for guys like Bogut. Plus Bogut would be the best rim protector LeBron has ever had.

Barnes is a 10 ppg scorer shooting 32% with 1 make from 3 point range this playoff

40% from 3 pointers from the playoffs, but he can create his own shot, which is a luxury that LeBron doesn't have from anyone on the Cavs right now. Plus Barnes is clutch too. Any team would love to have this guy

Iguodala is shooting 35% 3's but its a fluke. He can't shoot. He is 45% FT shooter...

Bowen was also a terrible free throw shooter, but i've seen him make like 9 threes in a game. 35% threes in a season isn't a fluke. He was shooting 39% from 3 point land a few seasons ago on near 200 attempts. This is simliar efficiency to Iman Shumpert, but Iggy can also create for his teammates too. He's maintained his 35% from 3 in the playoffs too. It's no fluke.

Green is shooting 25% from 3 pointers with 1.5 makes a game in the playoff
This guy was a DPOY candidate. He's still a 33% shooter from deep in the season, which is certainly good enough to spread the floor but he's got great heart and hustle. It's like having a big sized dellavedova. You can't downplay this guys value just by stating he's having an off-shooting playoff run at the moment.

LeBron, Thompson, Barnes, Green, Bogut would be an absolutely awful offense, not a good rebounding team. Only playing good defense will only take you so far.
lol no. LeBron will get his 25+ ppg, Klay would probably get better overall looks with the attention LeBron gets.. I mean this dude is shooting 44% on the season from deep. He's the perfect 3+D player, which is the ideal player to play with LeBron. That starting lineup is good for 80 points a game with elite defense, and they'll have a deep ass bench.

And this is ignoring the flip side of Curry on the Cavs. Curry simply can not carry a load like LeBron has been. He won't get 35+ point triple doubles while leading the team in rebounding. It just won't happen.

But even though spacing isn't the biggest issue, let's look at it objectively. And I will use a larger sample size. Regular season, not playoffs:

Golden State's 3 point shooting sans Curry:
Klay: 44% for 3.1 makes
Green: 33.7% for 1.4 makes
Barnes: 40.5% for 1.1 makes
Iguodala: 34.9% for 1.0 makes
Barbosa: 38.4% for 0.7 makes
Holiday: 32% for 0.6 makes

7.9 makes

The next 6 best shooters from 3 excluding LeBron/Love/Irving:
JR Smith: 39% for 2.8 makes
Shumpert: 33.8% for 1.2 makes
Jones: 36% for 1.1 makes
Delly: 36% for 1.0 makes
Miller: 32.7% for 0.6 makes
Joe Harris: 36% for 0.6 makes

7.3 makes

So Klay > JR
Green > Shump
Barnes > Jones
Iggy < Delly (not by much)
Barbosa > Miller
Holiday < Harris

So Delly and Harris are the only guys who have an edge for spreading the floor, but not by much, and Iggy/Holiday are waaaaay > Delly and Harris as players.

More spacing
Better defense
Better rim protection
More depth
Better playmaking

Don't delude yourself. Golden State's cast is clearly better than Cleveland's in every facet except maybe rebounding, and LeBron in place of Curry could solve that dilemma. LeBron in place of Curry would take this team to GOAT team levels.

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 12:43 AM
He's shooting a career low efficiency and his team's offense is wack. It's definitely affecting him
Ok, but I just basically proved that the spacing would be a bit better with Golden State than what he has now with Cleveland.
Obviously his efficiency would be better with Kyrie/Love playing but that's not an option right now.

BigBoss

First round exit.

They would make the Finals still, but lose against GSW.

Everyone knows LeBald>Curry.

And the Miami Heat with LeBron couldn't win 70 games in a weak east last 4 years what makes you think it would happen with GSW this year :roll:

BigBoss
Ok, but I just basically proved that the spacing would be a bit better with Golden State than what he has now with Cleveland.
Obviously his efficiency would be better with Kyrie/Love playing but that's not an option right now.

I dedicate this post to you.

warriorfan
06-09-2015, 12:53 AM

You didn't prove shit. GSW has more makes because Steph Curry birdfeeds them and runs the number 1 offense off the number 1 pace in the league. Take Curry off the dubs and those inflated stats go down for his team mates.

Once again warriors are a lot worse on offense, mediocre rebounding, slower paced.

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 12:57 AM

You didn't prove shit. GSW has more makes because Steph Curry birdfeeds them and runs the number 1 offense off the number 1 pace in the league. Take Curry off the dubs and those inflated stats go down for his team mates.

Once again warriors are a lot worse on offense, mediocre rebounding, slower paced.
lol. You say that like LeBron doesn't bird feed his players too. It's half of his game. Why do you think JR Smith is near his career high in 3 point shooting this year with the Cavs? 35% on the knicks, 39% on the Cavs.

LeBron is just like Curry where he can create open looks for his teammates, especially from 3. In fact, he's even better at it. He's been leading the league in 3 point assists for a few years now.

24-Inch_Chrome
06-09-2015, 12:58 AM
Cavs lose to Chicago.

GS wins it all.

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 01:00 AM
In fact, LeBron and Curry are directly tied at assisting 38.6% of the field goals while they are on the floor this year. That number would go up even higher if LeBron had a sniper dropping 22 ppg like Klay.

In the playoffs, LeBron is assisting 43.8% OF SHOTS WHILE ON THE FLOOR
Curry? A measly 30.5% in the playoffs.

Better playmaker, better defender, better rebounder, bigger dick.

warriorfan
06-09-2015, 01:01 AM
lol. You say that like LeBron doesn't bird feed his players too. It's half of his game. Why do you think JR Smith is near his career high in 3 point shooting this year with the Cavs? 35% on the knicks, 39% on the Cavs.

LeBron is just like Curry where he can create open looks for his teammates, especially from 3. In fact, he's even better at it. He's been leading the league in 3 point assists for a few years now.

LeBron isn't as good offensively as Curry. He doesn't warrant the attention Curry does from the half court and ESPECIALLY not the attention off the ball. Curry's impact doesn't show up in the assist columns because the attention he draws while in motion is the reason why Barnes is open for the corner 3.

warriorfan
06-09-2015, 01:02 AM
In fact, LeBron and Curry are directly tied at assisting 38.6% of the field goals while they are on the floor this year. That number would go up even higher if LeBron had a sniper dropping 22 ppg like Klay.

In the playoffs, LeBron is assisting 43.8% OF SHOTS WHILE ON THE FLOOR
Curry? A measly 30.5% in the playoffs.

Better playmaker, better defender, better rebounder, bigger dick.

Settle down bro, sounds like you are a little too emotionally invested in LeBron. :biggums:

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 01:05 AM
Settle down bro, sounds like you are a little too emotionally invested in LeBron. :biggums:
Actually, sound like you bro:

http://i.imgur.com/CjtFL93.png

Bringing up lebron's balls in threads about Shaq :roll: definition of rent free

Fudge
06-09-2015, 01:05 AM
Shuttlesworth straight killin niqqas with FACTS ITT.

Damn.

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 01:07 AM
Shuttlesworth straight killin niqqas with FACTS ITT.

Damn.
I ain't even trying to be rude. Just posting facts :rockon: There's no objective world in which LeBron doesn't make this Warriors team better than Curry does.

Better defense, better rebounding, better playmaking, more depth, more shot creators.

LAZERUSS
I'll end this debate right now.

Ask ANY GM and ALL of them would take Lebron over Curry. I'm sure, the Warriors GM would too.

warriorfan
Actually, sound like you bro:

Bringing up lebron's balls in threads about Shaq :roll: definition of rent free

I was making a joke.

You were bragging to me about how LeBron James' dicc is supposedly larger then Steph Curry.... :wtf:

Fudge
06-09-2015, 01:11 AM
I ain't even trying to be rude. Just posting facts :rockon: There's no objective world in which LeBron doesn't make this Warriors team better than Curry does.

Better defense, better rebounding, better playmaking, more depth, more shot creators.
And like you said, a BIGGER DICK. :applause:

Darky's always have bigger shlongs than lighty's, anyways.

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 01:12 AM
I was making a joke.

You were bragging to me about how LeBron James' dicc is supposedly larger then Steph Curry.... :wtf:
It's called a joke, you dummy. You never had an argument without a proper joke?

BTW, why you been in Mission Viejo?

http://i.imgur.com/zOZVvCe.png

Fudge
06-09-2015, 01:13 AM

:roll:

warriorfan
06-09-2015, 01:14 AM
And like you said, a BIGGER DICK. :applause:

Darky's always have bigger shlongs than lighty's, anyways.

What's new, Fudge not knowing shit about basketball and literally having nothing to contribute to the thread except his knowledge about diccs.

Stay knowing nothing about basketball.

Stay being obsessed with diccs.

Stay looking like this.

http://i61.tinypic.com/71lda1.jpg

:roll:

Fudge
06-09-2015, 01:16 AM
You forgot one more...

Stay WINNING.

Yes, I do!

Rent free, bitch. :lol

warriorfan
06-09-2015, 01:16 AM

Your joke was a lot more autistic...Normal dudes make jokes about others dicc being small. Normal dudes don't bring up how big LeBron's dicc is when they are having a basketball discussion.

24-Inch_Chrome
06-09-2015, 01:18 AM
Damn, warriorfan holding more Ls than Curry has missed 3s in the finals.

J Shuttlesworth
Your joke was a lot more autistic...Normal dudes make jokes about others dicc being small. Normal dudes don't bring up how big LeBron's dicc is when they are having a basketball discussion.
Wow. Read what you're saying. Take this to a shrink and tell him "I wrote this on the internet. Am I autistic?"

If he says no, and you can get it signed and documented, I will give you $1000. Seriously

warriorfan
You forgot one more...

Stay WINNING.

Yes, I do!

Rent free, bitch. :lol

:roll: he's already crying out rent free, this is usually his last leg after getting called out for not knowing shit about anything and looking like a dweeb. stay losing my friend :oldlol:

warriorfan
06-09-2015, 01:20 AM
Wow. Read what you're saying. Take this to a shrink and tell him "I wrote this on the internet. Am I autistic?"

If he says no, and you can get it signed and documented, I will give you $1000. Seriously

Keep thinking talking about how LeBron has a big dicc is a joke that a normal person (not a creepy beta stan) would say....

Fudge
06-09-2015, 01:20 AM
Damn, warriorfan holding more Ls than Curry has missed 3s in the finals.
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

NumberSix
06-09-2015, 01:21 AM
Why is there a debate? Has anybody ever claimed that Curry is better than LeBron?

Fudge
warriorfan getting absolutely decimated ITT.

Holy shit.

24-Inch_Chrome
Why is there a debate? Has anybody ever claimed that Curry is better than LeBron?

Yes. There are a handful of GS fans who seriously think that Curry is the best player in the league.

warriorfan
06-09-2015, 01:22 AM
warriorfan getting absolutely decimated ITT.

Holy shit.

http://i61.tinypic.com/71lda1.jpg

J Shuttlesworth

Keep thinking talking about how LeBron has a big dicc is a joke that a normal person (not a creepy beta stan) would say....

LAZERUSS

There is no debate.

Swap rosters, and Lebron would be 2-0 right now, and in about 30 mpg.

Fudge
06-09-2015, 01:23 AM
What a meltdown. :yaohappy:

Damn.

He'll never recover from this.

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 01:23 AM
I heard Stan Van Gundy on the Lebatard show today talking about how even though Curry won the MVP, there is no question that LeBron is the best player in the league by quite a margin too. He said it's been that way for about 7 years, and he should have the MVP every year if it were based on who a GM would pick first.

But then again, this dude warriorfan on ISH says otherwise, and his opinion might be as important as SVG's

warriorfan
06-09-2015, 01:24 AM

Once again, joking around shit talking saying someone has a small dicc = normal humor

"Joking" about how LeBron James has a big dick... :roll:

LAZERUSS
06-09-2015, 01:25 AM
I heard Stan Van Gundy on the Lebatard show today talking about how even though Curry won the MVP, there is no question that LeBron is the best player in the league by quite a margin too. He said it's been that way for about 7 years, and he should have the MVP every year if it were based on who a GM would pick first.

But then again, this dude warriorfan on ISH says otherwise, and his opinion might be as important as SVG's

Well, it's not just SVG's opinion, but by virtually every legitimate source's.

Lebron is almost universally acknowledged as the best player in the world. And certainly by those who actually have a knowledge of the game.

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 01:26 AM
Once again, joking around shit talking saying someone has a small dicc = normal humor

"Joking" about how LeBron James has a big dick... :roll:

Just think about how much a dick joke has gotten to your head. You have literally abandoned your argument about Curry being a better player because someone said that Curry has a small dick. Think about that.

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 01:27 AM
Well, it's not just SVG's opinion, but by virtually every legitimate source's.

Lebron is almost universally acknowledged as the best player in the world. And certainly by those who actually have a knowledge of the game.
Well yeah duh... but do these people really know as much as warriorfan? :eek:

warriorfan
06-09-2015, 01:28 AM
Just think about how much a dick joke has gotten to your head. You have literally abandoned your argument about Curry being a better player because someone said that Curry has a small dick. Think about that.

Stick to dick jokes, they were better than your autistic basketball reference copy/paste style analysis

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2015, 01:33 AM
Stick to dick jokes, they were better than your autistic basketball reference copy/paste style analysis
Oh no, so I used basketball reference to point out some obvious facts. I'm sorry I back up my analysis with sound factual information rather than make egregious claims with absolutely no data to support it... you know like how you said GSW wouldn't be as good spacing than having JR Smith/Delly/Shumpert even though LeBron would have Klay, the best 3/D player in the league + a DPOY candidate stretch four, and a 40% 3 pt shooter in Barnes... or you know... how you pointed out that the Warriors have a rebounding disadvantage even though LeBron is providing 10.6 in the playoffs to cover up for Curry's 4.9... or you know... how I pointed out the obvious that LeBron would have the deepest bench he ever played with. You failed to refute those claims and chose to lose your shit over the fact that I called Curry's dick small and are literally melting down. Absolutely nobody in here is in agreement with you, even the biggest LeBron haters. Just let that sink in for a second.

LAZERUSS
06-09-2015, 01:40 AM
Just a warning to all, though.

If the Warriors come back to win this series, and I believe they will...and if Lebron continues to struggle from the field, but now in losses...

this board is going to be flooded with "I told you so's" (Not by me, but some other's here.)

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-09-2015, 01:56 AM
Just a warning to all, though.

If the Warriors come back to win this series, and I believe they will...and if Lebron continues to struggle from the field, but now in losses...

this board is going to be flooded with "I told you so's" (Not by me, but some other's here.)

Not all games are created equal, though. If what you say happens, and LeBron is still missing all these shots, it should and will be talked about.

LAZERUSS
06-09-2015, 02:00 AM
Not all games are created equal, though. If what you say happens, and LeBron is still missing all those shots, it should and will be talked about.

Agreed. But the context is what's important here. No rational "expert" predicted the Cavs to win this series. And then when Kyrie went down, I suspect that "sweep" was the buzzword.

If Lebron continues to play his heart out, in all aspects, and at both ends, the numbers are relatively meaningless to me.

But, I think almost everyone would agree...swap rosters with Curry, right now, and Lebron would be two wins away from his third ring...and probably well-rested, as well.

Myth
06-09-2015, 10:57 AM

First round exit.

Warriors would do better for 2 reasons. LeBron is better, and LeBron would be a significantly better fit with the Warriors than Curry splitting PG duties with Kyrie.