PDA

View Full Version : Should the Spurs trade Tony Parker right now??

Lebron23
06-09-2015, 09:31 AM
What's his current value right now??

https://d39ya49a1fwv14.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tony-parker-spurs.jpg

keep-itreal
06-09-2015, 09:34 AM
a donut

Haymaker
06-09-2015, 09:44 AM
Dallas would gladly give up Parsons for Parker.

imnew09
06-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Dallas would gladly give up Parsons for Parker.
Dallas would give up Parson for anything

Lol 15mil a yr for good looking...

SCdac
06-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Should have traded him 2-3 seasons ago when his stock was higher, but no doubt he's been an important cog to the Spurs winning so I'm not complaining. Having said that, I'd trade him for Zach Lavine and a mid-first round pick if given the chance (doubt the contracts match up but it's not the point). Only thing I don't like about Parker is he's so reliant on quickness and penetrating the defense and that quickness (and stamina and endurance) is fading. His first step isn't as lethal and if he's not feeling confident in his jumper he's kinda hurting the team. Also, he doesn't play above the rim at all and it's one of the reasons I like Westbrook, Irving, Wall, etc.

HylianNightmare
06-09-2015, 11:00 AM
For Jeremy lin and black

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-09-2015, 11:13 AM
If it means getting better players around the system, why not? Last year, I'm not sure Parker regressed as much as he was injured BUT you always go for an upgrade...unless it involves Timmy who is the franchise.

T_L_P
06-09-2015, 11:58 AM
What could you even get for Tony right now?

I think teams would always be worried that he'd perform worse for them because he doesn't have the system to hold his hand (especially the defensive schemes that hide him).

After last season his stock is just above Rondo's level (because he's not really a chemistry problem).

But yes, if we can get a good return we should obviously trade him.

navy
06-09-2015, 12:02 PM
If it means getting better players around the system, why not? Last year, I'm not sure Parker regressed as much as he was injured BUT you always go for an upgrade...unless it involves Timmy who is the franchise.
Injuries are what causes regression.