PDA

View Full Version : Does this prove how overrated Kyrie and Love are?

IncarceratedBob
06-09-2015, 12:42 PM
I mean, wow. The Cavs played at a level they haven't played at all year defensively gm2. The Warriors had no idea what hit them and it's pretty obvious that Cleveland with home court now will win this series with ease. Kyrie is a good scorer but he's a black hole defensively which makes his overall value a net negative and Love is just a black hole offensively and defensively, how any one considers this kid a max player is a joke.

NBASTATMAN
06-09-2015, 12:43 PM
I mean, wow. The Cavs played at a level they haven't played at all year defensively gm2. The Warriors had no idea what hit them and it's pretty obvious that Cleveland with home court now will win this series with ease. Kyrie is a good scorer but he's a black hole defensively which makes his overall value a net negative and Love is just a black hole offensively and defensively, how any one considers this kid a max player is a joke.

:facepalm

Carbine
06-09-2015, 12:43 PM
with ease

SilkkTheShocker
06-09-2015, 12:44 PM
Did Love or Irving honestly help at all much these playoffs? Thompson was more valuable than either of them

Teanett
06-09-2015, 12:45 PM
yes

Spurs5Rings2014
06-09-2015, 12:47 PM
STACKED gonna STACKED.

ISHGoat
06-09-2015, 12:52 PM
no, this just legitimizes lebron's GOAT case

haters keep focusing on the negatives and excuses, like GSW is choking, curry sucks, refs, etc.

they are missing out on a historic moment in sports

Kingwillball
06-09-2015, 12:52 PM
No they would of made this series a laugher if everybody was playing tough D but next year lebron should not have to work near as hard getting title .

SilkkTheShocker
06-09-2015, 12:54 PM
STACKED gonna STACKED.

Keep telling yourself that. We all know the truth about this Cavs team, son.

ClipperRevival
06-09-2015, 12:57 PM
No, it just shows you how great LeBron is.

Let's not forget, Kyrie has been limited in the playoffs with injuries. We saw what a semi-healthy Irving can do in game 1. And his D is pretty good when he wants to D up.

Now Love? Yes, the guy is overrated. He is a stat padder on bad teams. At best, he's the 3rd best player on a championship team, nothing more than that.

hateraid
06-09-2015, 01:01 PM
no, this just legitimizes lebron's GOAT case

haters keep focusing on the negatives and excuses, like GSW is choking, curry sucks, refs, etc.

they are missing out on a historic moment in sports
:applause:

Nuff said

It shows that Lebron will not give up when chips are stacked. How well he manages his team and what impact he still has on the floor. Other superstars will try and outchuck their way to a win or flat out give up.
I think this is an example where give credit where it's due.

And to go back to what OP posted, who knows? It could very well be the opposite and the Cavs could have a commanding lead? we will never know. It's good to look at the glass half full as well as half empty..

ISHGoat
06-09-2015, 01:01 PM
No, it just shows you how great LeBron is.

Let's not forget, Kyrie has been limited in the playoffs with injuries. We saw what a semi-healthy Irving can do in game 1. And his D is pretty good when he wants to D up.

Now Love? Yes, the guy is overrated. He is a stat padder on bad teams. At best, he's the 3rd best player on a championship team, nothing more than that.

agree with most, but klove is legit. hes a slightly below average (for his position) but net neutral defender. the offensive he provides far outweighs any measurable impact TT's rebound/hustle nets

ClipperRevival
06-09-2015, 01:04 PM
agree with most, but klove is legit. hes a slightly below average (for his position) but net neutral defender. the offensive he provides far outweighs any measurable impact TT's rebound/hustle nets

I take Tristan given this roster over Love any day of the week. The offensive rebounding, D and hustle trumps Love's offense. Love is an odd "big" because he can't do either of the two things you expect from a big and that's either protect the paint or possess a post up game. His talents just don't fit with a lot of teams. He's a glorified Ryan Anderson.

ISHGoat
06-09-2015, 01:11 PM
I take Tristan given this roster over Love any day of the week. The offensive rebounding, D and hustle trumps Love's offense. Love is an odd "big" because he can't do either of the two things you expect from a big and that's either protect the paint or possess a post up game. His talents just don't fit with a lot of teams. He's a glorified Ryan Anderson.

If I recall correctly, love was the #1 most efficient player in the league on post ups this season, averaging 1point/posession.

Hes a glorified ryan anderson with a legit post game, much better passing, better defender, better shooter from 2, better shooter from 3, etc.

Hes a super saiyan ryan anderson.

Look at some of klove's advanced stats when he was in minnesota, and for his career. Despite questionable teams for all but 1 year of his career, he is at a 0.00 for defensive bpm. Love also posted ws/48 of 0.245, total bpm of 8.4, per of almost 27 in his last season in minnesota. By all accounts, these are SUPERstar numbers, both in basic stats and all advanced.

Im probably one of the biggest lebron stans on this board, but Im willing to say that current klove is a better fit for lebron than any teammate he ever had, including prime wade

ClipperRevival
06-09-2015, 01:14 PM
If I recall correctly, love was the #1 most efficient player in the league on post ups this season, averaging 1point/posession.

Hes a glorified ryan anderson with a legit post game, much better passing, better defender, better shooter from 2, better shooter from 3, etc.

Hes a super saiyan ryan anderson.

Look at some of klove's advanced stats when he was in minnesota, and for his career. Despite questionable teams for all but 1 year of his career, he is at a 0.00 for defensive bpm. Love also posted ws/48 of 0.245, total bpm of 8.4, per of almost 27 in his last season in minnesota. By all accounts, these are SUPERstar numbers, both in basic stats and all advanced.

What I'm saying is you can't run your offense through him in the post. He has a few moves here and there but that's it.

He's a guy I wouldn't want on my team. His talents are just odd. Can't protect the rim nor can you run your offense through him. He is a spot up shooter right now and occasional post up player. I would much rather have Tristan, given this Cavs roster.

ClipperRevival
06-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Love also can't run the floor that well. Nor can you run P&R with him as a slasher to the basket. His talents as a "big" are just too odd for me. You really need to cater your game to fit his talents.

ISHGoat
06-09-2015, 01:22 PM
What I'm saying is you can't run your offense through him in the post. He has a few moves here and there but that's it.

He's a guy I wouldn't want on my team. His talents are just odd. Can't protect the rim nor can you run your offense through him. He is a spot up shooter right now and occasional post up player. I would much rather have Tristan, given this Cavs roster.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Minnesota DID run their offense through him and posted one of the best +/- differentials in the league when he was on the court. Cavs also had one of the best +/- after the trades, and all of their lineups included klove + lebron.

Rim protection is literally the only flaw I can think of in his game. Team defense improves with familiarity.

I would most definitely throw the supermax at klove this offseason, however I can see your point in his (wide-ranging) talents being marginalized playing next to lebron. I conceed that TT on his rookie contract > klove maxed out, from a net impact/$$ POV. However, max klove >>> max (or anyting above 10m/year) TT.

ClipperRevival
06-09-2015, 01:30 PM
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Minnesota DID run their offense through him and posted one of the best +/- differentials in the league when he was on the court. Cavs also had one of the best +/- after the trades, and all of their lineups included klove + lebron.

Rim protection is literally the only flaw I can think of in his game. Team defense improves with familiarity.

I would most definitely throw the supermax at klove this offseason, however I can see your point in his (wide-ranging) talents being marginalized playing next to lebron. I conceed that TT on his rookie contract > klove maxed out, from a net impact/$$ POV. However, max klove >>> max (or anyting above 10m/year) TT.

I meant the specific ability to operate out of the post. No doubt he was "the man" in Minn but he did other things like shoot a bunch of 3s. He wasn't the classic, back to the basket big.

Yeah, I would have to disagree on this one. I would much rather take TT for about 10 mil per year versus Love at max. To me, Love is a guy I just don't want on my team for max money. His talents are just too odd. I would have to cater my roster and game plan around his talents instead of his talents fitting my scheme. A guy like TT can fit in almost any scheme.

tpols
06-09-2015, 01:35 PM
Love is incredibly overrated for this team.. Cavs need defense to win and love can't play it.. Thompson is way way better. Kyrie isn't overrated but fk.. Delly plays the game a type of way that just frustrates stars. He does that stand in your way chest to chest and keep body ing you thing til they get frustrated.. like an oline man or something. Idk why they don't just goon that guy

dude77
06-09-2015, 01:35 PM
cavs sneaked out a win by 2 in ot with curry missing all his shots and lefggt going nuts shooting 2463463563 shots and making 10 .. warrior's got this

UK2K
06-09-2015, 01:37 PM
I heard on the radio Lebron shot 4-22 in the second half...

Is that true?

And they still won?

tpols
06-09-2015, 01:39 PM
I heard on the radio Lebron shot 4-22 in the second half...

Is that true?

And they still won?

He was bricking everything to end the game.. got monster stuffed by Draymond in a OT too but alas cavs get another offensive rebound and a "scrub roleplayer" hit a pair of GW Fts

ISHGoat
06-09-2015, 01:41 PM
I meant the specific ability to operate out of the post. No doubt he was "the man" in Minn but he did other things like shoot a bunch of 3s. He wasn't the classic, back to the basket big.

Yeah, I would have to disagree on this one. I would much rather take TT for about 10 mil per year versus Love at max. To me, Love is a guy I just don't want on my team for max money. His talents are just too odd. I would have to cater my roster and game plan around his talents instead of his talents fitting my scheme. A guy like TT can fit in almost any scheme.

:cheers:

Actually, TT at 10m vs love at 20m is a good debate. TT is certainly making an extremely strong case in the finals with the way the cavs are playing.

However, at the end of the day, I believe klove offers more versatility and better top-end talent/ceiling. TT is more of a glue/fit guy like you said. He is great at doing what he does in the current cavs system. Adding a 3rd star like klove changes your entire team and to me, that is worth an extra 10m/year for the cavs.

G0ATbe
06-09-2015, 01:44 PM
It proves how stacked this team really is. 2 of the best players on the cavs don't even have to touch the floor and they're still giving a 67 win team fits.

What other team in the league could do this?:biggums:

ClipperRevival
06-09-2015, 01:48 PM
:cheers:

Actually, TT at 10m vs love at 20m is a good debate. TT is certainly making an extremely strong case in the finals with the way the cavs are playing.

However, at the end of the day, I believe klove offers more versatility and better top-end talent/ceiling. TT is more of a glue/fit guy like you said. He is great at doing what he does in the current cavs system. Adding a 3rd star like klove changes your entire team and to me, that is worth an extra 10m/year for the cavs.

Yeah, TT is more of a glue guy but I think every great team needs one of those guys. Someone who does the dirty work and goes after every loose ball. The guy is a monster on the offensive boards. He's impacting the series immensely not only with his rebounds but with the many balls he keeps alive by tipping missed shots to his teammates. That doesn't show up on the box score but it's the same as forcing a turnover, generating a steal or grabbing a board. That's an extra possession.

Myth
06-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Curry having the worst game of the year for him certainly worked in Cavs favor too. Yes, Delly did well on him, but Curry also was missing open shots that are nearly automatic for him.

Carbine
06-09-2015, 01:57 PM
:applause:

Nuff said

It shows that Lebron will not give up when chips are stacked. How well he manages his team and what impact he still has on the floor. ]Other superstars will try and outchuck their way to a win or flat out give up]
I think this is an example where give credit where it's due.

And to go back to what OP posted, who knows? It could very well be the opposite and the Cavs could have a commanding lead? we will never know. It's good to look at the glass half full as well as half empty..

Lebron HAS ben chucking. What is he averaging 36 shots a game?

Hes been pretty inefficient as well with a TS percentage below .500

Kingwillball
06-09-2015, 02:04 PM
It proves how stacked this team really is. 2 of the best players on the cavs don't even have to touch the floor and they're still giving a 67 win team fits.

What other team in the league could do this?:biggums:

Any team with lebron on it..

ISHGoat
06-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Any team with lebron on it..

yep, that retarded kobe stan doesnt even realize hes praising lebron lol

bluechox2
06-09-2015, 03:02 PM
cavs need to trade both for better guys as lebron has reached the point where he can carry scrubs instead of it being the other way around in his previous seasons

r15mohd
06-09-2015, 03:24 PM
cavs sneaked out a win by 2 in ot with curry missing all his shots and lefggt going nuts shooting 2463463563 shots and making 10 .. warrior's got this

Cavs also blew their own 11pt lead late in game 2 due to poor shooting, some by Lebron and some due to blatant fouls being ignored, and also Shump/JR wetting the bed and missed offensive putbacks

same in game 1, the Cavs did the same thing in going completely cold in OT while Curry and Klay had descent nights. TT and Moz going 1-11 on offensive rebound putbacks and JR/Shump wetting the bed on offense again

this says more about the inept ways of the Warriors to take advantage than it does about the Cavs not convinceingly winning. the Cavs are supposed to fall short due to their lack of players and short rotation, and certainly not even be within a winning chance due to all their shortcomings on the offensive side with TT, JR and Shump.

the Warriors are EXTREMELY lucky to be tied 1-1...overly lucky IMO. for a 67win team, and being completely healthy and all this talk about how stacked the West is vs the East, they sure aren't showing any signs of it right now with Lebron, basically, dominating his way to win(s). :confusedshrug:

UK2K
06-09-2015, 04:30 PM
He was bricking everything to end the game.. got monster stuffed by Draymond in a OT too but alas cavs get another offensive rebound and a "scrub roleplayer" hit a pair of GW Fts
I was wondering how Lebron's team is so bad, yet he can shoot 4-22 in a half and they still win.

Even without their 2nd and 3rd best player.

SilkkTheShocker
06-09-2015, 04:38 PM
cavs need to trade both for better guys as lebron has reached the point where he can carry scrubs instead of it being the other way around in his previous seasons

Beyond bitter Knicks fan ^^^ Don't worry, not much longer until you can give Greg Monroe the max and give Dellevedova 8 million a year :oldlol: Good thing you guys got the number 4 pick in a 3 player draft and a big time winner like Melo locked up for several years. #KnicksTape

aj1987
06-09-2015, 04:40 PM
I was wondering how Lebron's team is so bad, yet he can shoot 4-22 in a half and they still win.

Even without their 2nd and 3rd best player.
The Cavs' defense was AMAZING and they should get a lot of credit for it. LeBron was literally controlling the game though. His passing and him commanding defensive attention helped a lot. Iggy and Green, two of the best defenders in the league, were primarily focused on LeBron.