PDA

View Full Version : Blatt is opening the door for more euro coaches to coach in the NBA

Purch
06-09-2015, 10:33 PM
The same barriers college coaches had to face coaching in the NBA, are the same barriers Blatt is breaking down for international coaches

senelcoolidge
06-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Well the NBA is becoming the Euro League.

Purch
06-10-2015, 12:06 AM
:bowdown:

DCL
06-10-2015, 12:06 AM
coaching jobs in the nba has always been more about "who you know" than "what you know."

Velocirap31
06-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Let's be real. The coach could honestly be a grapefruit on Lebron's team.

Purch
06-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Let's be real. The coach could honestly be a grapefruit on Lebron's team.
Oh okay. Then I guess that would have to be one hell of a graipfruit to come up with a defensive gameplan to limit curry in a way Mephis, Houston or NO could never.

Velocirap31
06-10-2015, 12:23 AM
Oh okay. Then I guess that would have to be one hell of a graipfruit to come up with a defensive gameplan to limit curry in a way Mephis, Houston or NO could never.

That was Tyronn Lue. Defensive Coordinator.

jimmy77x
06-10-2015, 12:24 AM
Let blatt coach a bottom feeder and watch the team continue to be a bottom feeder :lol blatt is a puppet below average coach.

Purch
06-10-2015, 12:27 AM
That was Tyronn Lue. Defensive Coordinator.
So a guy who has built a HOF euro career as an amazing defensive coach.... Suddenly comes to the NBA and his defense gets attributed to his assistant?

Velocirap31
06-10-2015, 12:28 AM
So a guy who has built a HOF euro career as an amazing defensive coach.... Suddenly comes to the NBA and his defense gets attributed to his assistant?

Okay, I made a bad joke. Forgive me.

Alamо
06-10-2015, 12:29 AM
Blatt won the euroleague championship last year

might win an nba championship this year.

The guy is a winner :applause:

Euroleague
06-10-2015, 03:07 PM

Blatt's European career is nowhere near hall of fame level.

Put down the crack pipe.

DukeDelonte13
06-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Messina has been the league for a while.

morbius
06-10-2015, 04:06 PM
A legendary European coach about 20 years ago said that in the NBA are only about 5 good coaches, the rest not being worth anything.

On first glance, it looked like he was right. Compared to European basket, offensive schemes in NBA were overly simplistic, star players chucked too much and there were way too many isolations and pick'n'roll.

But in reality, that was mostly caused by the silly rules of the NBA (read: illegal defence). With the abolishment of that nonsense, game in America has become much tactically deeper on both ends of the floor. Good Euro coaches have been swimming in those waters for all their life, while Americans had to adjust to the new game.

Bottom line: there are some excellent coaches in Europe, but pretty much like with European players, everybody's waiting for others to test the waters first. Sooner or later, a good Euro coach is going to come over and leave a mark. I just fear that with trending nature of NBA there might be a sudden flood of Euro coaches when that happens.

Blatt and D'Antony are basically Euro coaches, but they are American born. I can easily name you 10 native European coaches who are on that level or better. So yeah, fun times ahead.

TheReal Kendall
06-10-2015, 06:09 PM
I really don't see how. Every time I turn to ESPN they're basically saying that Lebron is coaching this team and Blatt does nothing.

Graviton
06-10-2015, 06:15 PM
NBA coaches are overrated, lot of them are former players, assistants or known people the management chooses based on their personal relationship. So most of them end up being cheer leaders that talk like they are in a movie. No actual coaching ability is displayed.

Not surprised a guy that actually had to work in Europe and build a reputation is doing so well, not everyone can be as lucky as Scott Brooks, Mark Jackson and Derek Fisher.

SugarHill
06-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Blatt's European career is nowhere near hall of fame level.

Put down the crack pipe.
:roll:

J Shuttlesworth
06-10-2015, 06:20 PM
I really don't see how. Every time I turn to ESPN they're basically saying that Lebron is coaching this team and Blatt does nothing.
I think sometimes the ESPN stuff gets exaggerated. I just listened to Zach Lowe/Amin Elhassan talking about how good of a defensive coach Blatt is.

Euroleague
06-11-2015, 09:22 PM
:roll:

He won the Euroleague one time, after coaching 22 years in European basketball...........

If you think that is hall of fame level, you are one of the biggest morons to ever post in this forum.