PDA

View Full Version : Can the Pels attract high level Free Agents

AMERVET
06-10-2015, 12:49 AM
I only ask because whenever there is a marquee player on the market, the Pels are never in the discussion. Grabbing Asik was probably the biggest move we made and that was in a trade. With AD coming on strong and proving himself to be a top 10 talent in the league, and the installation of a new coaching staff, can you all see big free agents drawn more to the Big Easy or is it more likely AD takes a page out of Chris Paul's book?(can't blame him for leaving considering we never made the effort to surround him with real talent)

Sportal
06-10-2015, 12:52 AM
With AD already essentially carrying his team to the playoffs in one of the hardest conferences in the history of the NBA...

I really do hope they can get someone.. But who?

AMERVET
06-10-2015, 12:57 AM
With AD already essentially carrying his team to the playoffs in one of the hardest conferences in the history of the NBA...

I really do hope they can get someone.. But who?
We can really use a wing player and a decisive Point with better court awareness than we already have

Milbuck
06-10-2015, 12:59 AM
Definitely. A megastar like Davis in 2-3 years, and a great coaching duo like Gentry-Erman can get it done. If they become contenders in the next few seasons players around the league will notice. Even moreso considering Davis is an easy player to play alongside...dude will be a force defensively and can dominate offensively without dominating the ball.

AMERVET
06-10-2015, 01:07 AM
Definitely. A megastar like Davis in 2-3 years, and a great coaching duo like Gentry-Erman can get it done. If they become contenders in the next few seasons players around the league will notice. Even moreso considering Davis is an easy player to play alongside...dude will be a force defensively and can dominate offensively without dominating the ball.
What concerns me is the Market in New Orleans and teams like Miami, Los Angelas, and NY offering more outside of basketball. I would love to hear him first commit to the city then hopefully players will be more inclined to ad the Pels to their short list