PDA

View Full Version : Curry's A/TO ratio: 19 Assists, 16 turnovers

J Shuttlesworth
06-10-2015, 03:53 AM
Thoughts?

navy
06-10-2015, 03:55 AM
CP3 has never been to the Conference Finals.

plowking
06-10-2015, 03:55 AM
Clearly the guy is playing like shit right now. No more stats are needed to verify that.

TrueBlue89
06-10-2015, 03:56 AM
He's always been an overrated playmaker. Sure he has a penchant for the flashy & outrageous play but he simply isn't a great facilitator. Players like James Harden & even the much maligned Westbrook are superior in that aspect.

J Shuttlesworth
06-10-2015, 03:57 AM
CP3 has never been to the Conference Finals.
I'm not Hamtaro

But since you brough it up, how do you think the Dubs would be faring if they had CP3 in place of Curry?

warriorfan
06-10-2015, 03:59 AM
Thoughts?

When faced in a trap he has been kicking it out to the perimeter and the shooter has been too scared to shoot. They end up swinging the ball around again or going to the hoop for a drive and kick. These don't give Curry any assists. It's been obvious that the Cav's gameplan is to focus all attention on Curry and make the rest of GS beat you. The rest of GS needs to wake up and take advantage of the good looks they are getting with the focus that is being placed on Curry.

inclinerator
06-10-2015, 03:59 AM
I'm not Hamtaro

But since you brough it up, how do you think the Dubs would be faring if they had CP3 in place of Curry?
*insert simon picture

o wait

navy
06-10-2015, 04:00 AM
I'm not Hamtaro

I know, but A/TO ratio is a CP3 stat and you asked for my thoughts.

Probably the same to be honest. He's too pass first, the Warriors need a scorer like 4th quarter Curry.

chazzy
06-10-2015, 04:00 AM
The fact that this Delly defense has affected him this much for 7 quarters in a row is mind boggling. Basically singe-handedly neutralizing one of the most impactful players in the league this year. It's not just Curry missing his usual looks

J Shuttlesworth
06-10-2015, 04:02 AM
I know, but A/TO ratio is a CP3 stat and you aked for my thoughts.

Probably the same to be honest. He's too pass first, the Warriors need a scorer like 4th quarter Curry.
Do you think Klay would be getting better looks with a guy like CP3? I don't see CP3 getting phased by a guy like Delly... but maybe. I will say that CP3 was better when covered by Kawhi than Curry has been doing covered by Delly.

warriorfan
06-10-2015, 04:03 AM
I'm not Hamtaro

They wouldn't even make the finals if CP3 doesn't average 10+ more points per game then he usually does. We have seen how unreliable the rest of the offense of GSW can be, this would be accentuated with CP3's past first style of play.

navy
06-10-2015, 04:04 AM
Do you think Klay would be getting better looks with a guy like CP3? I don't see CP3 getting phased by a guy like Delly... but maybe. I will say that CP3 was better when covered by Kawhi than Curry has been doing covered by Delly.

Kawhi can be taken out the play with a simple screen. Too big of a body.

No, Klay's looks have been fine imo

KiiiiNG
06-10-2015, 04:06 AM
He's always been an overrated playmaker. Sure he has a penchant for the flashy & outrageous play but he simply isn't a great facilitator. Players like James Harden & even the much maligned Westbrook are superior in that aspect.
yahtzee!

I laugh at people who consider curry to be a great playmaker. ****ing idiots. :roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-10-2015, 04:07 AM
TFW Andre Iguodala has massively been the best Warrior in the finals

Young X
06-10-2015, 04:12 AM
CP3 has never been to the Conference Finals.He doesn't have the defense and depth backing him that Curry does. When Chris left the floor, the Clippers completely fell apart. When Curry leaves the floor the Warriors are still competitive.

The Warriors being better than the Clippers has nothing to do with anything Curry does - they weren't better offensively and their advantage on defense has nothing to do with Curry because LAC was better at guarding opposing PG's.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-10-2015, 04:15 AM
He doesn't have the defense and depth backing him that Curry does. When Chris left the floor, the Clippers completely fell apart. When Curry leaves the floor the Warriors are still competitive.

The Warriors being better than the Clippers has nothing to do with anything Curry does - they weren't better offensively and their advantage on defense has nothing to do with Curry because LAC was better at guarding PG's.
Yup anyone who believes Steph is a better ball player than CP3 just doesnt know a whole lot bout basketball. Livingston plays much better D than Steph in Ron Adams elite scheme and the clippers fell apart more with CP on the bench compared to GS/Steph

BlakFrankWhite
06-10-2015, 04:17 AM
Getting exposed for the beta fraud that he is

Doranku
06-10-2015, 04:18 AM
:oldlol: Yeah, CP3 would do wonders for this Golden State team. A passive, pass-first point guard who can feed all the choking losers like Barnes and Green more shots.

Aside from Klay in Game 1 and Iggy, nobody has shown up for the warriors. No one. They all look like deer in headlights out there. No competitive fire, no urgency, no emotion. Nothing.

Warriors get swept with CP3.

KiiiiNG
06-10-2015, 04:21 AM
:oldlol: Yeah, CP3 would do wonders for this Golden State team. A passive, pass-first point guard who can feed all the choking losers like Barnes and Green more shots.

Aside from Klay in Game 1 and Iggy, nobody has shown up for the warriors. No one. They all look like deer in headlights out there. No competitive fire, no urgency, no emotion. Nothing.

Warriors get swept with CP3.
chris paul wouldn't get shut down by matt dellavedova.

not only would he outscore curry, but he'd triple his assist production, turn it over less, be a vocal leader, and get more steals.

nice breakdown though. curry doing nothing but shoot and pout is certainly helping the leaderless warriors. :rolleyes:

warriorfan
06-10-2015, 04:22 AM
chris paul wouldn't get shut down by matt dellavedova.

not only would he outscore curry, but he'd triple his assist production, turn it over less, be a vocal leader, and get more steals.

nice breakdown though. curry doing nothing but shoot and pout is certainly helping the leaderless warriors. :rolleyes:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

dreamwarrior
06-10-2015, 04:26 AM
Yeah, but if he hits half his shots the next 3 games, GSW wins the title with ease.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-10-2015, 04:28 AM
Old boxing saying: Styles make fights.

Delly's style of defense (playing tight, not helping off his man at all) is just extremely well suited to stopping Curry. Delly is also a pretty big PG if i'm not mistaken (6'3?) so Curry can't just shoot over him.

I feel Westbrook would just post him up/blow by him and have less of a difficult time.

Young X
06-10-2015, 04:29 AM
Picture a pitbull like CP3 getting shut down by Dellavadova...:oldlol:

We're talking about a dude who's torched Kawhi Leonard, Tony Allen, Danny Green, Mike Conley...but he's gonna get shutdown by some undrafted whiteboy...yeah right.

J Shuttlesworth
06-10-2015, 04:31 AM
Yeah, but if he hits half his shots the next 3 games, GSW wins the title with ease.
he hit half his shots tonight.

TheBigVeto
06-10-2015, 04:31 AM
Warriors ain't making the finals with CP3.

If by any freak chance they did, Delly would shut him down.

navy
06-10-2015, 04:32 AM
He doesn't have the defense and depth backing him that Curry does. When Chris left the floor, the Clippers completely fell apart. When Curry leaves the floor the Warriors are still competitive.

The Warriors being better than the Clippers has nothing to do with anything Curry does - they weren't better offensively and their advantage on defense has nothing to do with Curry because LAC was better at guarding opposing PG's.

We can agree to disagree, but this years Curry has surpassed him in my eyes. Or at least is close, maybe next year. And it's because he's more SG than PG. Maybe it's just a fluke run and Curry is coming back to earth, but the Curry so far in these playoffs has been amazing. His scoring is just too much for teams to handle usually. I know he has help.

I think people just get caught up in the game to game moment. :confusedshrug:

BigTicket
06-10-2015, 04:35 AM

Curry hit half hit shots in game 3, and more than half of his 3-pointers ...

Im so nba'd out
06-10-2015, 04:36 AM

We're talking about a dude who's torched Kawhi Leonard, Tony Allen, Danny Green, Mike Conley...but he's gonna get shutdown by some undrafted whiteboy...yeah right.
:pimp:

KiiiiNG
06-10-2015, 04:38 AM
Curry hit half hit shots in game 3, and more than half of his 3-pointers ...
he hit a ton of shots after his team was down 20

that nothing to lose mentality. cavs been playing with it all series. curry been playing with that "carry me to a title" mentality

maybe the kid needs to nut up and get more aggressive. actually, everyone knows he does.

but will he? who knows.

k0kakw0rld
06-10-2015, 04:40 AM
I'm not Hamtaro

Finals would've been Rockets vs Cavaliers then.

Young X
06-10-2015, 04:45 AM
We can agree to disagree, but this years Curry has surpassed him in my eyes. Or at least is close, maybe next year. And it's because he's more SG than PG. Maybe it's just a fluke run and Curry is coming back to earth, but the Curry so far in these playoffs has been amazing. His scoring is just too much for teams to handle usually. I know he has help.

I think people just get caught up in the game to game moment. :confusedshrug:That's fine.

Just saying that the Warriors advantages over the Clippers have nothing to do with Curry. For all the talk about what he does on offense - the Clippers were the ones who performed better offensively all season. They just have the better defense and bench which both have nothing to do with Steph.

J Shuttlesworth
06-10-2015, 04:46 AM
I remember someone making a thread saying Curry does too much unnecessary flashy stuff...

Two instances this game.

-End of 3rd quarter (i think), Curry had a wide open layup at last second of the quarter and I think he double clutched it instead of just putting it up. All he had to do was a regular layup, and he would have gotten it in time.

-Near the end of the 4th, he had some strange behind the back pass to nobody... Why not just make a regular pass when the game is on the line?

warriorfan
06-10-2015, 04:48 AM
I remember someone making a thread saying Curry does too much unnecessary flashy stuff...

Two instances this game.

-End of 3rd quarter (i think), Curry had a wide open layup at last second of the quarter and I think he double clutched it instead of just putting it up. All he had to do was a regular layup, and he would have gotten it in time.

-Near the end of the 4th, he had some strange behind the back pass to nobody... Why not just make a regular pass when the game is on the line?

Green fucced up he should of been at the 3 point line and would of recieved the pass perfectly and had a great look. What the fucc is he doing standing 19 feet out?

aj1987
06-10-2015, 04:59 AM

How did ChokeP3 do in the Conference Finals again? Oh wait... :roll:

bobeticus
06-10-2015, 05:06 AM
When faced in a trap he has been kicking it out to the perimeter and the shooter has been too scared to shoot. They end up swinging the ball around again or going to the hoop for a drive and kick. These don't give Curry any assists. It's been obvious that the Cav's gameplan is to focus all attention on Curry and make the rest of GS beat you. The rest of GS needs to wake up and take advantage of the good looks they are getting with the focus that is being placed on Curry.

because your AMC is not ALPHA anymore... reduce to BETA CAROTENE :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Taller than CP3
06-10-2015, 08:28 AM
it goes hand in hand with his 3 for 15

dabigbaws
06-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Green fucced up he should of been at the 3 point line and would of recieved the pass perfectly and had a great look. What the fucc is he doing standing 19 feet out?

lol you think curry can do no wrong. he has been terrible and i've been telling you the last 3 series he is a spot up shooter and the warriors are better with his ass on the bench

how the **** do you get locked up by some rat looking unathletic useless white boy LOL

Achilleas
06-10-2015, 09:31 AM
the cavs double all the time curry,dray,bogut and barnes must score when the play 3vs 2,they are bad now,when they score on open looks they will make cavs not to double all the time curry and let him play better,if they keep shooting like this then all the time curry will be double and shoot bad shoots :confusedshrug:

3 games
barnes 9/27 and 3/10 from three
green 8/30 and 1/8 from three
bogut 4/9

most of the time curry pick and roll with green who is open all the time,if green don't shoot so many threes and drive and then kick the ball outside then they will destroy cavs defence,now green shoot 3s and try to lob for bogut :no: