PDA

View Full Version : The myth of cavs super D must end

Mr. Jabbar
06-10-2015, 04:06 PM
GS is missing WIDE open looks, WIDE. they're rotating the ball "ok" for most parts and getting the looks. watch some of the stuff barnes, green, curry, klay are missing, pathetic

TylerOO
06-10-2015, 04:09 PM
aight.

EllisGW
06-10-2015, 04:11 PM
GS is missing WIDE open looks, WIDE. they're rotating the ball "ok" for most parts and getting the looks. watch some of the stuff barnes, green, curry, klay are missing, pathetic

The sad part is that you hate lebron so much you can't even enjoy basketball.

BlakFrankWhite
LeBron > Kobe

1~Gibson~1
Cleveland's "super defense" has shut down Chicago, Atlanra, and Golden State so far.

Not to say they aren't missing open looks, because they are, but it is primarily because of the front court of Lbj, Tt, and Mozgov. No second chances are allowed and lots of shots are deflected/redirected when 2or more of them are playing.

Dellavedova plays great 1on1 defense without fouling also.

riseagainst
06-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Lebron > Kobe

Cone
06-10-2015, 04:13 PM
sounds like youre making excuses when cavs pull off the greatest upset in NBA history

not to mention this makes lebron the goat if he wins

jlip
06-10-2015, 04:15 PM

This

HurricaneKid
06-10-2015, 04:19 PM

BB IQ = that of a stone confirmed.

Show me all the wide open looks Steph got yesterday.

Trollsmasher
06-10-2015, 04:20 PM
The Cavs are giving those open looks to players that won't take advantage of them

1~Gibson~1
06-10-2015, 04:21 PM
BB IQ = that of a stone confirmed.

Show me all the wide open looks Steph got yesterday.Iggy and Shaun Livingston get plenty of WIIDE open looks :lol

Occasionally Draymond.

Springsteen
06-10-2015, 04:25 PM
That's the point. Spend a little time looking at some of the replays of the game.

Blatt and company's gameplan has been to lock down Steph and Klay to the point that they pass to Green or Iguodala, daring them to shoot. And it's worked.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/wm3jHk3Lgn_5o1bUIJ6U7Sn0SFk=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3776986/Screen_Shot_2015-06-10_at_2.31.03_AM.0.png

@treykerby
At practices in Oakland, I saw Draymond Green take about 100 threes and make maybe 25 of them.

How many times have you seen Green brick an open 3? His confidence in his 3-point shot is probably dropping more and more, and if Steph keeps kicking it out to him and Iguodala, who's a 35% 3-point shooter for his career; I'd be just fine with it if I were the Cavs. Especially if it means limiting Steph and Klay.

Discrediting the Cavs D in this series is laughable when they are arguably doing a better job of keep themselves in the game defensively than Memphis did somehow.

Meticode
06-10-2015, 04:27 PM
Just because you're wide open sometimes doesn't mean the defense isn't playing good. Delly and other players getting into the body of Curry, Thompson, etc, and fighting over screens. They're making the Warriors catch and take shots out of rhythm even when they are open.

The Cavaliers game plan is to have whoever is defending Curry to never leave him, even on help defense. So far it's worked trying to make other players like Green, Iggy and Barnes who was invisible last game beat you.

dude77
06-10-2015, 04:31 PM
gs has gotten plenty of good looks .. got hit those .. if they do, they will win .. they're just not hitting them right now .. hopefully for them, curry's last minute surge continues onto game 4

RRR3
06-10-2015, 04:32 PM
That's the point. Spend a little time looking at some of the replays of the game.

Blatt and company's gameplan has been to lock down Steph and Klay to the point that they pass to Green or Iguodala, daring them to shoot. And it's worked.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/wm3jHk3Lgn_5o1bUIJ6U7Sn0SFk=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3776986/Screen_Shot_2015-06-10_at_2.31.03_AM.0.png

How many times have you seen Green brick an open 3? His confidence in his 3-point shot is probably dropping more and more, and if Steph keeps kicking it out to him and Iguodala, who's a 53% 3-point shooter for his career; I'd be just fine with it if I were the Cavs. Especially if it means limiting Steph and Klay.

Discrediting the Cavs D in this series is laughable when they are arguably doing a better job of keep themselves in the game defensively than Memphis did somehow.
:coleman:

Springsteen
06-10-2015, 04:35 PM
:coleman:

I meant 35%, my bad. :lol

R.I.P.
06-10-2015, 04:43 PM

How many times have you seen Green brick an open 3? His confidence in his 3-point shot is probably dropping more and more, and if Steph keeps kicking it out to him and Iguodala, who's a 35% 3-point shooter for his career; I'd be just fine with it if I were the Cavs. Especially if it means limiting Steph and Klay.

That

Goldrush25
06-10-2015, 04:46 PM

It's a lot easier to perform when you're a #3 option and the two stars are also playing well. There's no pressure at all.

It's a little different when Klay/Steph are being stifled and all of a sudden the #3 guy has to make his shot to keep his team in the game. Green isn't used to being the man that has to carry the team. Moreso he doesn't have the skill to do that.

Dro
06-10-2015, 04:46 PM
The Cavs are giving those open looks to players that won't take advantage of them
Exactly. Steph and Klay are not getting open looks. Andre, Barnes, Livingston, Green, those guys are getting the open looks and they are not knock down shooters. Also they are playing in their first finals, and role players generally don't play well on the road. Its not rocket science....

zoom17
06-10-2015, 05:17 PM

This.

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 05:34 PM
You read as shook as those splash kids are playing. But enjoy - you have what, another season left?

TheReal Kendall
06-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Exactly. Steph and Klay are not getting open looks. Andre, Barnes, Livingston, Green, those guys are getting the open looks and they are not knock down shooters. Also they are playing in their first finals, and role players generally don't play well on the road. Its not rocket science....

Yea those guys need to drive and stop settling for the 3.

chips93
06-10-2015, 05:47 PM
It's a lot easier to perform when you're a #3 option and the two stars are also playing well. There's no pressure at all.

It's a little different when Klay/Steph are being stifled and all of a sudden the #3 guy has to make his shot to keep his team in the game. Green isn't used to being the man that has to carry the team. Moreso he doesn't have the skill to do that.

good post

chips93
06-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Yea those guys need to drive and stop settling for the 3.

i dont know, the paint is pretty clogged, and it will remain that way until those guys start hitting some shots.

TheReal Kendall
06-10-2015, 05:51 PM
i dont know, the paint is pretty clogged, and it will remain that way until those guys start hitting some shots.

If that's the case they can drive and kick or come in closer for a midrange. They're relying on the 3 too much and those guys aren't elite shooters.

At this point I feel like you need to sub Green out because he has no advantages atm

Dro
06-10-2015, 06:46 PM
If that's the case they can drive and kick or come in closer for a midrange. They're relying on the 3 too much and those guys aren't elite shooters.

At this point I feel like you need to sub Green out because he has no advantages atm
Yup, just another example of the lost art of the midrange and how it doesn't exist today..Yet folks be like, "this era's the bestest, defense is so much more sophisticated". More like the offense has been dumbed down to either a 3 pointer or a layup, no in between game....

Bernkastel
06-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Making Causing the opposing teams to shoot bricks due to being shook is a part of a good defense.

RedBlackAttack
06-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Yeah, Curry and Klay aren't getting wide open looks. Green, Barnes and Iggy are at times, just as the gameplan reads. Those are the guys we want shooting it. If you aren't seeing how the Cavs' pace, defense and rebounding is dictating this series, I don't know what to tell you.