PDA

View Full Version : This ain't ISH's LeBron James...

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 05:13 PM
...we're witnessing. I've never been a huge fan of this guy, regardless of the fact that he's the best player right now. But what I'm seeing is THE REAL DEAL.

He's basically winning it by himself - and GSW is shook. He learned his lessons well at Miami. Whatever the outcome (and I believe the Warriors are toast), I won't be trolling on this dude any further. He's earned my respect as a fan of the game........... and slowly taking the GOAT crown from MJ, IMO.

- that's not to say I won't call bullshit on any of his fans that go overboard. Oh, does that happen here? :D

Foster5k
06-10-2015, 05:15 PM
...we're witnessing. I've never been a huge fan of this guy, regardless of the fact that he's the best player right now. But what I'm seeing is THE REAL DEAL.

He's basically winning it by himself - and GSW is shook. He learned his lessons well at Miami. Whatever the outcome (and I believe the Warriors are toast), I won't be trolling on this dude any further. He's earned my respect as a fan of the game........... and slowly taking the GOAT crown from MJ, IMO.

- that's not to say I won't call bullshit on any of his fans that go overboard. Oh, does that happen here? :D
:applause:

If LeBron wins the finals, with these scrubs, it's pretty much impossible for the haters to keep on with their shenanigans. LeBron's about to prove he really is the Chosen One. Can't believe this guy is living up to all the hype that surrounded him coming out of high school. Wow! He's starting to have a legit case for G.O.A.T.

riseagainst
06-10-2015, 05:18 PM
yeah, I have never seen a sustained level of greatness from Lebron since MJ. And Lebron can literally carry a team for series. MJ may take over games once in a while, but he cannot do it at the volume that Lebron does.

Lebron is the GOAT individual basketball player. He is, individually speaking, a better player than MJ. Obviously accomplishment wise he has yet to catch up to him.

BBallZen83
06-10-2015, 05:18 PM
I don't think he will ever hit the GOAT mark. He is definitely top 5 material when it's all said and done, possibly even top 3. I think the 2011 finals unfortunately keep him out of that conversation, but who knows....
He goes on to win 3 more titles in this fashion and we may be talking GOAT talk.

Beastmode88
06-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Who's lebron top 10 competition?

Goldrush25
06-10-2015, 05:21 PM
I don't think he will ever hit the GOAT mark. He is definitely top 5 material when it's all said and done, possibly even top 3. I think the 2011 finals unfortunately keep him out of that conversation, but who knows....

If he completes this run, I think this year makes up for 2011 and puts him right on track. It tells the story of someone that had to grow up.

Jameerthefear
06-10-2015, 05:22 PM
i actually think LBJ from '12 and '09 was more impressive.

Springsteen
06-10-2015, 05:23 PM
:applause:

If LeBron wins the finals, with these scrubs, it's pretty much impossible for the haters to keep on with their shenanigans. LeBron's about to prove he really is the Chosen One. Can't believe this guy is living up to all the hype that surrounded him coming out of high school. Wow! He's starting to have a legit case for G.O.A.T.

Exactly.

I never even imagined him doing this kind of work in the NBA, as crazy as it sounds.

G0ATbe
06-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Only on ISH does 1 legit ring make you GOAT:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm . Technically speaking, this is basically his first championship and he's leapfrogged to GOAT...how?

Let's cut the shit, he's never surpassing Godbe. I gotta hand it to him though, if he wins this series he breaks into my top 15.

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 05:26 PM
If he completes this run, I think this year makes up for 2011 and puts him right on track. It tells the story of someone that had to grow up.
This.

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Only on ISH does 1 legit ring make you GOAT:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm . Technically speaking, this is basically his first championship and he's leapfrogged to GOAT...how?

Let's cut the shit, he's never surpassing Godbe. I gotta hand it to him though, if he wins this series he breaks into my top 15.

I'd cut the shit if your Godbe won one with another team. This is why I could see him surpassing MJ. I love Kobe; always have. But he would never get it done with LeBron's cast of characters right now.

Man up.

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 05:30 PM
yeah, I have never seen a sustained level of greatness from Lebron since MJ. And Lebron can literally carry a team for series. MJ may take over games once in a while, but he cannot do it at the volume that Lebron does.

Lebron is the GOAT individual basketball player. He is, individually speaking, a better player than MJ. Obviously accomplishment wise he has yet to catch up to him.
He is showing the WILL POWER that MJ possessed. This is by far what impresses me the most. You see Steph's face? Dude forgot all the regular season accomplishments in a hurry.

Cocaine80s
06-10-2015, 05:33 PM
He will finish second behind Michael when it's all said and done :applause:

BBallZen83
06-10-2015, 05:35 PM

Like you are any better being on the opposite end of the dumbshi/t spectrum. One legitimate title... and yet you are a Kobe fan who probably believes Kobe's first 3 are legit. AMIRITE?

Titles are titles brosef, sorry to break it too you. But of course, you are a troll, so who knows if you believe what you say or care.

ShawkFactory
06-10-2015, 05:46 PM
He still isn't Michael because his midrange shot isn't as consistent. Other than that though he's turned into an equal. That is assuming he continues this relentless effort

Prometheus
06-10-2015, 05:49 PM
He still isn't Michael because his midrange shot isn't as consistent. Other than that though he's turned into an equal. That is assuming he continues this relentless effort

So when it comes to guarding big men for stretches, defending the paint and blocking shots occasionally, running the point and facilitating an entire offense, and rebounding... LeBron is just Jordan's equal at those things?

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 05:53 PM
So when it comes to guarding big men for stretches, defending the paint and blocking shots occasionally, running the point and facilitating an entire offense, and rebounding... LeBron is just Jordan's equal at those things?

Tell it. He's playing with doofs like Mozgov and Smith, for Christ's sake. And taking it to a team that I thought would win in 5 or 6.

The only thing stopping LeBron right now is LeBron.

KungFuJoe
06-10-2015, 06:01 PM
He's better than Kobe. That's for sure. No way Kobe does anything close to what Lebron is going with this team.

I think even the haters knew that Lebron is more of a team player.

But he's not touching MJ. Not ever. He's still choking at the end of games and he's not consistent enough in that regard. He was good at the end of Game 3 but really bad at the end of the first two games. I can't imagine MJ ever choking like that. Hesitant to shoot, missing lay ups, bad TOs.

And it's not like this series is over.

Goldrush25
06-10-2015, 06:06 PM

But he's not touching MJ. Not ever. He's still choking at the end of games and he's not consistent enough in that regard. He was good at the end of Game 3 but really bad at the end of the first two games. I can't imagine MJ ever choking like that. Hesitant to shoot, missing lay ups, bad TOs.

Well if you let statistics, individual accomplishments tell the story, he's already "touching" MJ. He probably will never pass him but if anyone is in the conversation with MJ, it's Lebron.

Problem is Lebron is already behind MJ in PER, and that's including MJ's Wizard years. Lebron's PER doesn't yet include his end-of-career decline so he really has no chance to pass him on PER.

However if Lebron wins the title this year it's greater than any single accomplishment that MJ ever had. Doesn't mean he's the greater player but it's a big notch in the team accomplishment belt.

lakeshow1
06-10-2015, 07:14 PM
and yet you are a Kobe fan who probably believes Kobe's first 3 are legit.

Of course they are "legit". He played great ball during those runs, if you were around to watch. To demand that Lebron gets props for everything he rightfully deserves while easily dismissing three of another player's rings isn't credible.

Lebron is playing great ball and I do think he's in route to doing something both Kobe and Jordan would have had difficulty doing. He's changed seemingly as a player to address past deficits. It's a joy to watch if you have no agenda and just appreciate the game.

Akrazotile
06-10-2015, 07:19 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b5/7f/f7/b57ff78210fd5626f23dd81f1037b4eb.jpg

buddha
06-10-2015, 07:23 PM
Let's not act like if Curry and Draymond weren't choking hard the Cavs would still be winning.

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Let's not act like if Curry and Draymond weren't choking hard the Cavs would still be winning.
Agree, but what's causing the choke? A seasoned champion coming straight at them. Who's gonna foul James the right way? Not these twerps.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-10-2015, 07:31 PM
He breaks into the top 7-8 if he wins it all here, but still a ways to go until he gets into the top 5.

ShawkFactory
06-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Nah im just talking about overall impact as a player. Bron does some things better, as did Jordan. The midrange consistency is what still sets then apart overall. When Lebrons hitting he's every bit the player. But Jordan always was it seemed.

Akrazotile
06-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Nah im just talking about overall impact as a player. Bron does some things better, as did Jordan. The midrange consistency is what still sets then apart overall. When Lebrons hitting he's every bit the player. But Jordan always was it seemed.

Well midrange isnt as important in this era. The edge Lebron has over MJ in combined three pointers made or set up pretty much nullifies any advantage MJ has in midrange iso.

Also, when your best player is team oriented, you just get more out of your whole team. Thats why MJ and Kobe cant carry bad or mediocre teams. Theyre iso guys who only get assist numbers bc they have the ball so much, not bc theyre genuinely looking to make plays. Lebron may not shoot midrange like MJ or contested fadeaways like Kobe, but he maximizes more value from his team as a whole.

FKAri
06-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Who's lebron top 10 competition?

A buncha Greek Gods and Marvel superheroes at this point. This nigguh way past mortals.

BBallZen83
06-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Of course they are "legit". He played great ball during those runs, if you were around to watch. To demand that Lebron gets props for everything he rightfully deserves while easily dismissing three of another player's rings isn't credible.

Lebron is playing great ball and I do think he's in route to doing something both Kobe and Jordan would have had difficulty doing. He's changed seemingly as a player to address past deficits. It's a joy to watch if you have no agenda and just appreciate the game.

That's exactly my point, but flipped to address that Goatbe troll. He was trying to discredit Lebron's past two rings, which by the way he won as the man and won fmvp. But I am sure a guy like that wants Kobe's first 3 rings to count. I agree, those rings do count, but Goatbe can't have it both ways. If Lebron's last 2 rings as THE MAN don't count, then Kobe's first 3 rings as 1b to Shaq definitely don't count. See where I am coming from now?

lakeshow1
06-10-2015, 07:51 PM
That's exactly my point, but flipped to address that Goatbe troll. He was trying to discredit Lebron's past two rings, which by the way he won as the man and won fmvp. But I am sure a guy like that wants Kobe's first 3 rings to count. I agree, those rings do count, but Goatbe can't have it both ways. If Lebron's last 2 rings as THE MAN don't count, then Kobe's first 3 rings as 1b to Shaq definitely don't count. See where I am coming from now?

My bad misinterpreting you.

:cheers:

strifed169
06-10-2015, 08:00 PM
He's better than Kobe. That's for sure. No way Kobe does anything close to what Lebron is going with this team.

I think even the haters knew that Lebron is more of a team player.

This.

LBJ wll never be as great as MJ, even if he makes 2-3 buzzer beaters to close the series, MJ's career is damn near flawless for case of goat

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 08:09 PM
This.

LBJ wll never be as great as MJ, even if he makes 2-3 buzzer beaters to close the series, MJ's career is damn near flawless for case of goat

If LBJ wins this year and the following ( no reason not to), then he's right there in my 50 year old eyes. I'm a Knick fan - I've seen PLENTY of Jordan.

DCL
06-10-2015, 08:45 PM
if he wins it this year, he will convert a lot of haters and enter god-level status for his current believers.

what's been happening defies all logic.

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 08:55 PM
if he wins it this year, he will convert a lot of haters and enter god-level status for his current believers.

what's been happening defies all logic.
ISH logic, anyways.

I'm happy to see the game evolve.

ShawkFactory
06-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Well midrange isnt as important in this era. The edge Lebron has over MJ in combined three pointers made or set up pretty much nullifies any advantage MJ has in midrange iso.

Also, when your best player is team oriented, you just get more out of your whole team. Thats why MJ and Kobe cant carry bad or mediocre teams. Theyre iso guys who only get assist numbers bc they have the ball so much, not bc theyre genuinely looking to make plays. Lebron may not shoot midrange like MJ or contested fadeaways like Kobe, but he maximizes more value from his team as a whole.
Jordan after 88/89 or so was very team-oriented. He was an expert at maximizing his teammates. Kobe not as much, but he still was no slouch in that department either.

And while I agree that Jordan wouldn't be any better carrying a team like this, I still am skeptical if Lebron can do this with another superstar like Jordan could, which actually is very important.

You have to get if out of your head that just because Lebron is a better passer than Jordan means he's a better team player. You don't go 6/6 in the finals without being an extraordinary team player.

And even though Lebron has been a beast in the post Jordan was still better in that area.

Akrazotile
06-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Jordan after 88/89 or so was very team-oriented. He was an expert at maximizing his teammates. Kobe not as much, but he still was no slouch in that department either.

And while I agree that Jordan wouldn't be any better carrying a team like this, I still am skeptical if Lebron can do this with another superstar like Jordan could, which actually is very important.

You have to get if out of your head that just because Lebron is a better passer than Jordan means he's a better team player. You don't go 6/6 in the finals without being an extraordinary team player.

And even though Lebron has been a beast in the post Jordan was still better in that area.

Didnt Lebron already do this with another superstar?

And I agree Jordan is the more individually skilled player. But I just think Lebron's combination of extra size and terrific playmaking give him at least an equal impact as MJ when hes playin focused.

I grant that Lebron has a couple weird instances of just sulking and shrinking back in big moments which Jordan never did. So obviously those count against Bran but in the larger picture when you compare guys playing at what their typical level is, its hard to say Jordan has more impact than Lebron. Lebron beats 60 win teams in best of 7 series with lottery squads. Its crazy.

KungFuJoe
06-10-2015, 09:59 PM
The thing I can't get past with Lebron is how he can be so awful in the end of critical games. Let's not even talk about the Mavs. The game when he got bailed out by Allen he was horrific. I mean that was an epic choke job. Turned the ball over missed easy shots. Just looked shook. He did hit a three near the end but that was a matter of something had to go in.

Game one of this series. He gave it to the Warriors. Yes he was the one keeping them in the game but he didn't close out strong at all. Game two. Same thing. Missed so many shots and got rejected in the end and was LUCKY that the Warriors couldn't get possession (ball went between Iggys legs). The last possession was Delly getting that rebound and foul making free throws then curry throws the ball away and that's game.

He's great. One of the best. But the mental game is not consistent enough to be mentioned in the same vein as MJ.

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 10:04 PM
The thing I can't get past with Lebron is how he can be so awful in the end of critical games. Let's not even talk about the Mavs. The game when he got bailed out by Allen he was horrific. I mean that was an epic choke job. Turned the ball over missed easy shots. Just looked shook. He did hit a three near the end but that was a matter of something had to go in.

Game one of this series. He gave it to the Warriors. Yes he was the one keeping them in the game but he didn't close out strong at all. Game two. Same thing. Missed so many shots and got rejected in the end and was LUCKY that the Warriors couldn't get possession (ball went between Iggys legs). The last possession was Delly getting that rebound and foul making free throws then curry throws the ball away and that's game.

He's great. One of the best. But the mental game is not consistent enough to be mentioned in the same vein as MJ.

All valid points. But do you think he could elevate his game to Jordan's competitive level ( I know, reaching..). I mean, it's not impossible -

oarabbus
06-10-2015, 10:11 PM

:roll:

He is already 2x the player Kobe is or was

BBallZen83
06-10-2015, 10:13 PM

Come on mang. He was the reason that Ray Ray was in the position to make that epic shot. He went on a big run to really put the pressure on the Spurs with a line up that was just killing it, then Spoelstra inexplicably went away from what was working and the chemistry just left. And like you mentioned, he made that three also down the stretch.

2011 Mavs is a no-brainer. 2007 he was just too young and didn't have the pieces to go up against a great spurs team. Besides that, I haven't really been disappointed with any of his other finals performances.

It seems pretty obvious to me that what is going on late in these games with the warriors is just straight up fatigue. Because the roster is so depleted, he is being asked to do an insane work load and averaging like 47 minutes a game. It's just crazy.

KungFuJoe
06-10-2015, 10:15 PM
All valid points. But do you think he could elevate his game to Jordan's competitive level ( I know, reaching..). I mean, it's not impossible -

I don't think you can learn mental toughness once you reach a certain age. You're born with it or you get it through some hard growing up.

Short answer is no I don't think he gets to MJ's level, competitively.

KungFuJoe
06-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Come on mang. He was the reason that Ray Ray was in the position to make that epic shot. He went on a big run to really put the pressure on the Spurs with a line up that was just killing it, then Spoelstra inexplicably went away from what was working and the chemistry just left. And like you mentioned, he made that three also down the stretch.

2011 Mavs is a no-brainer. 2007 he was just too young and didn't have the pieces to go up against a great spurs team. Besides that, I haven't really been disappointed with any of his other finals performances.

It seems pretty obvious to me that what is going on late in these games with the warriors is just straight up fatigue. Because the roster is so depleted, he is being asked to do an insane work load and averaging like 47 minutes a game. It's just crazy.

Not denying Lebron is tired. He's probably completely exhausted physically and mentally. But when you're talking about the best of the best of the best, being tired is not an excuse. Again, Lebron is one of the GOATS. He's just not MJ. MJ didn't get tired with the game on the line. He got stronger. Just that sequence alone in his last game with with the Bulls. The lay up in traffic, then the steal on Malone, then calmly bringing the ball up court and hitting that last jumper. I mean that's some Disney movie shit right there.

BBallZen83
06-11-2015, 01:55 AM
Not denying Lebron is tired. He's probably completely exhausted physically and mentally. But when you're talking about the best of the best of the best, being tired is not an excuse. Again, Lebron is one of the GOATS. He's just not MJ. MJ didn't get tired with the game on the line. He got stronger. Just that sequence alone in his last game with with the Bulls. The lay up in traffic, then the steal on Malone, then calmly bringing the ball up court and hitting that last jumper. I mean that's some Disney movie shit right there.

Not debating you on Jordan having nothing short of a magical career. I don't personally think Lebron will surpass him. I believe he will be a lock for top 5 though if he keeps on his current trajectory.

KungFuJoe
06-11-2015, 02:07 AM
Not debating you on Jordan having nothing short of a magical career. I don't personally think Lebron will surpass him. I believe he will be a lock for top 5 though if he keeps on his current trajectory.

I hate Lebron (can't stand primadonnas) but if he wins this Finals...man. Let's just say I wouldn't argue too hard against top 5.

bond10
06-11-2015, 04:27 PM

I agree with ya. Wasn't a fan of his game until this finals. Do not agree with the slowly taking the GOAT crown...MJ practically did this shit in all 6 of his finals wins.

bond10
06-11-2015, 04:31 PM

This. ISH doesn't understand that 1 great finals =/= TWO 3peats of epic finals...

This is just Lebron's version of Kobe's 2009 finals or Dirk's 2011...

:coleman:

ShawkFactory
06-11-2015, 04:46 PM
This. ISH doesn't understand that 1 great finals =/= TWO 3peats of epic finals...

Far more dominant than either of those.

AirFederer
06-11-2015, 04:46 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/371/569/28e.gif

riseagainst
06-11-2015, 04:47 PM

:roll:

you smoking something bro. The Warriors are an all time great team, like literally top 5 all time team. 2nd best offense AND best defense in the league. Only two teams really match up to this team: 86-87 celtics and the 96 bulls.
Lebron is playing without his 2nd AND 3rd best player for most of the season and he's singlehandedly carrying the Cavs up to a 2-1 lead so far. Even MJ would not have pulled this off, much less the chucker and ballhog Kobe. Who did he face in 09? The Magic? Ranked as one of the top 500 teams in NBA history?
:lol