PDA

View Full Version : DraftExpress has 76ers selecting Latvian PF Porzingis with 3rd pick over Russell and

Human Error
06-10-2015, 05:57 PM
DraftExpress which is widely regarded as the best NBA draft source has the 76ers selecting Kristaps Porzingis with 3rd overall pick over more logical fits D'angelo Russell or Emmanuel Mudiay. According to them the 76ers are very high on him even though they have Embiid and Noel already there.

Chad Ford tonight went even further by saying Porzingis should get a serious look from the Wolves who have a top overall pick.

I have never seen his highlights nor any workout videos. What separates him from other hyped Euro busts like Nikoloz Tskitishvilli, Jan Vesely, Darko Milicic or Fran Vazquez? He sure sounds intriguing if what scouts say are legit but I would not use a top 3 on an unproven commodity like him.

Fudge
06-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Philly :roll:

Hold this L for life, if this happens.

outbreak
06-10-2015, 06:02 PM
DraftExpress which is widely regarded as the best NBA draft source has the 76ers selecting Kristaps Porzingis with 3rd overall pick over more logical fits D'angelo Russell or Emmanuel Mudiay. According to them the 76ers are very high on him even though they have Embiid and Noel already there.

Chad Ford tonight went even further by saying Porzingis should get a serious look from the Wolves who have a top overall pick.

I have never seen his highlights nor any workout videos. What separates him from other hyped Euro busts like Nikoloz Tskitishvilli, Jan Vesely, Darko Milicic or Fran Vazquez? He sure sounds intriguing if what scouts say are legit but I would not use a top 3 on him.

He's not the same kind of player as most of the guys you listed. He can shoot the three but he is also athletic and can get up above the rim. The knock on him is that he is thin and needs to bulk up, you would like to think that with his current skill set he should already have a serviceable floor and a high ceiling but you never know with any player. I probably wouldn't risk it if Russell, Okafor and Towns are available but any pick after that he could be a very high return gamble.

chips93
06-10-2015, 06:03 PM
they already have two potential stud 7 footers, who might not be able to play together, and they want to add another? when russell, who is a perfect fit is sitting right there?

:biggums:

just make the safe pick, russell is a perfect fit. he give them outside shooting, and playmaking, which they both desperately need,and he can play the 1 or the 2, their two biggest positions of need.

plus if they take kristaps, what do they do with saric?

oarabbus
06-10-2015, 06:08 PM
they already have two potential stud 7 footers, who might not be able to play together, and they want to add another? when russell, who is a perfect fit is sitting right there?

just make the safe pick, russell is a perfect fit. he give them outside shooting, and playmaking, which they both desperately need,and he can play the 1 or the 2, their two biggest positions of need.

This. If the Sixers continue to tank and pick up 7'ers they should burn in hell

outbreak
06-10-2015, 06:12 PM

It could be philly trying to play Orlando again. Last year they knew we wanted Payton so they made it known they were taking him to force us to trade for him, if it's out that Orlando likes Porzingis they could make some noise to try and shake things up and draw out a trade.

Jameerthefear
06-10-2015, 06:13 PM

they aren't picking him
he's a bust and isn't going to have much immediate trade valuesss

Jameerthefear
06-10-2015, 06:14 PM
It could be philly trying to play Orlando again. Last year they knew we wanted Payton so they made it known they were taking him to force us to trade for him, if it's out that Orlando likes Porzingis they could make some noise to try and shake things up and draw out a trade.
orlando is content to stay where they are. i HIGHLY doubt they would trade up unless russel is available

outbreak
06-10-2015, 06:29 PM
orlando is content to stay where they are. i HIGHLY doubt they would trade up unless russel is available
You never know with Hennigan, he falls in love with players and has to have them. Porzingis is a guy that if he wows in workouts and interviews he could have A LOT of stock with other GMs. Everyone wants the next big who can shoot especially when he isn't a stiff. He has a clearly defined position too which a lot of the euro bigs who could shoot lacked, he will be an NBA power forward and has the skill set for that.

Jameerthefear
06-10-2015, 06:38 PM
You never know with Hennigan, he falls in love with players and has to have them. Porzingis is a guy that if he wows in workouts and interviews he could have A LOT of stock with other GMs. Everyone wants the next big who can shoot especially when he isn't a stiff. He has a clearly defined position too which a lot of the euro bigs who could shoot lacked, he will be an NBA power forward and has the skill set for that.
hennigan likes to trade for players that are good. zingis isn't. you also can't really apply the elfrid situation to this one either because we NEEDED a point guard in the draft and we went all in on him. with gordon possibly being a PF and WCS being there there's no reason to trade up

outbreak
06-10-2015, 07:16 PM
hennigan likes to trade for players that are good. zingis isn't. you also can't really apply the elfrid situation to this one either because we NEEDED a point guard in the draft and we went all in on him. with gordon possibly being a PF and WCS being there there's no reason to trade up

Well out biggest need right now is a scorer and an interior defender. Kristaps ticks both those boxes and he also fills out biggest flaw in lack of spacing too. You are basing your whole argument on one article without actually watching enough tape on Kristaps. I'm not saying he is a lock but you can't label him a bust yet if you've actually watched him play, whether or not he rises will depend on what he does in work outs and interviews.

Jameerthefear
06-10-2015, 07:38 PM
Well out biggest need right now is a scorer and an interior defender. Kristaps ticks both those boxes and he also fills out biggest flaw in lack of spacing too. You are basing your whole argument on one article without actually watching enough tape on Kristaps. I'm not saying he is a lock but you can't label him a bust yet if you've actually watched him play, whether or not he rises will depend on what he does in work outs and interviews.
kristaps isn't an interior defender. he's an ok shot blocker
he also isn't a scorer
what is he supposed to be good at?

NugzFan
06-10-2015, 07:41 PM

You always act like you know what's going on in Orlando or know what the FO is thinking and you're always wrong.

Akrazotile
06-10-2015, 07:47 PM
You always act like you know what's going on in Orlando or know what the FO is thinking and you're always wrong.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Milbuck
06-10-2015, 07:52 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/e16dd16f4de841b391f118f72714a54e/tumblr_inline_nbat9kBEXc1satqni.gif

Jameerthefear
06-10-2015, 08:01 PM
you would know since you're always right behind me like a bitch :oldlol:

Jailblazers7
06-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Sixes FO has been extremely hard to read since Hinkle took over. I wouldn't take this too seriously.

NugzFan
06-10-2015, 08:38 PM

I can assure you, the one place that I am not at, is behind you. :oldlol:

I'll leave that for all those little Asian girls you're into with their toys

Aussie Dunker
06-10-2015, 08:42 PM
If this is true, would it not make sense for Phi to try and trade Noel to NY for #4?... If NY are considering WCS with #4 surely Noel would be an upgrade,

- #3 Phi draft Porzingas,

- #4 Phi trade Noel to NY, and select Russell

C - Embiid
PF - Porzingas
G - Russell

Makes more sense than,

C - Embiid
PF - Noel
G - Russell

Just a thought...

el gringos
06-10-2015, 08:48 PM
If this is true, would it not make sense for Phi to try and trade Noel to NY for #4?... If NY are considering WCS with #4 surely Noel would be an upgrade,

- #3 Phi draft Porzingas,

- #4 Phi trade Noel to NY, and select Russell

C - Embiid
PF - Porzingas
G - Russell

Makes more sense than,

C - Embiid
PF - Noel
G - Russell

Just a thought...
Maybe. If they were actually going to pick WCS at 4 over Russell and mudiay. But the value still isn't there. It's like expecting to get a new car price out of a car you've had for a year. The pick, or even the player picked is worth more than Noel right now. Throw in tony wroten and kj mcdaniels

Aussie Dunker
06-10-2015, 09:00 PM
Maybe. If they were actually going to pick WCS at 4 over Russell and mudiay. But the value still isn't there. It's like expecting to get a new car price out of a car you've had for a year. The pick, or even the player picked is worth more than Noel right now. Throw in tony wroten and kj mcdaniels

Why is Houston getting involved?.. :confusedshrug:

But yes I understand what you are saying. To me, long term, I don't think Embiid and Noel can play side by side, stylistically just not a good compliment to each other...

Im so nba'd out
06-10-2015, 09:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xiBfbfx.png

FreezingTsmoove
06-10-2015, 09:59 PM

Kg gif

dgaras
06-10-2015, 10:13 PM

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 10:15 PM
What?

el gringos
06-10-2015, 10:44 PM
What?
They're saying the Knicks guy might not last

Jameerthefear
06-10-2015, 10:45 PM
You really want Porzingis?

GOBB
06-10-2015, 10:59 PM
What position does he play? Too light to play PF, not sure if he is quick enough to play SF. Talking defensively of course.

Sixes FO has been extremely hard to read since Hinkle took over. I wouldn't take this too seriously.

It's a mock, these guys act like they've never seen one before. :oldlol:

Jameerthefear
06-10-2015, 11:00 PM
What position does he play? Too light to play PF, not sure if he is quick enough to play SF. Talking defensively of course.

definitely PF.
he has to bulk which is a big issue. dude's probably 7'1 210

midatlantic09
06-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Only way I see this happening is if it's part of some major draft day deal.

midatlantic09
06-10-2015, 11:04 PM
definitely PF.

From what I've seen of him, he looks like he can play the 3 and the 4. His shooting is pretty good and he has impressive handles for a guy 7'1.

outbreak
06-10-2015, 11:09 PM
definitely PF.

bulking up is the easiest thing for a rookie to do

GOBB
06-10-2015, 11:15 PM

Tell that to Noel

outbreak
06-10-2015, 11:32 PM
Tell that to Noel
He's played one year and battled injuries, not the best person to pick...

Jameerthefear
06-10-2015, 11:38 PM
From what I've seen of him, he looks like he can play the 3 and the 4. His shooting is pretty good and he has impressive handles for a guy 7'1.
he's definitely not quick enough to play the 3

Jameerthefear
06-10-2015, 11:39 PM
than why did he take a year off from the draft specifically to bulk up and was unable to do it? and he needs to really bulk up since he gets boxed out by guards in a piss poor euroleague.

GOBB
06-10-2015, 11:41 PM
He's played one year and battled injuries, not the best person to pick...

Battled what injuries? He had an injury in college. Sixers sat him an entire season. He played his 75 games his rookie season (including summer). Like I said ask Noel how easy bulking up is to do. He's still trying...

midatlantic09
06-10-2015, 11:44 PM
he's definitely not quick enough to play the 3

Given his height and length, I think he can overcome being a bit slower than the average 3.

At 7'1 with a ridiculous wingspan, I think he'd be okay.

TripleA
06-10-2015, 11:47 PM
I have never seen a prospect get so much hate before. People are calling this guy a bust without even watching him play. Jan vesely literally could only dunk
and Bargani was a italian clown and people are comparing him to these rubes.
I think this guy could be a all star.

midatlantic09
06-10-2015, 11:50 PM
I have never seen a prospect get so much hate before. People are calling this guy a bust without even watching him play. Jan vesely literally could only dunk

I agree. He appears to be really talented and has incredible size (although he could stand to bulk up a bit). I can see why there's been talk about him going top 5 and possible top 3.

He could bust, but I think he may have the most upside in this draft (yes, more than Towns and Russell).

TripleA
06-10-2015, 11:51 PM
His brother is 6.7 220 so I think Porzingis can get to 240 by working out. He has the same physique as anthony davis in Kentucky

Maga_1
06-10-2015, 11:53 PM
than why did he take a year off from the draft specifically to bulk up and was unable to do it? and he needs to really bulk up since he gets boxed out by guards in a piss poor euroleague.

He doesn't get boxed out by guards.
He plays 22mpg and gets around 5reb, which is good in ACB since the league leader only gets around 8reb. Especially for Porzingis since he's a face up player and doesn't bang around to get boards.
He's not a scorer? You know how european basketball plays right? He scored around 11ppg which almost makes him top 15 in ACB.

Why did he withdraw from last years draft? He wasn't ready.
This year he doubled almost every single stats category and you could see that his game became more refined and at the same time he learned how to bang bodies even with his lack of physic.

He's a bigger and probably more mobile Motiejunas with defensive ability, he's not a top3 in my opinion but he's not that far of that at the moment.

BlakFrankWhite
06-11-2015, 12:03 AM
Russell/Mudiay seem like such an obvious pick consiering they need a PG.....they'd be braindead to pick someone else

HylianNightmare
06-11-2015, 12:05 AM
Smokescreen

The JKidd Kid
06-11-2015, 12:18 AM
Draft express just ranks the prospects they don't take team needs into consideration.

midatlantic09
06-11-2015, 12:51 AM
Russell/Mudiay seem like such an obvious pick consiering they need a PG.....they'd be braindead to pick someone else

Sixers don't need another PG with a broken jumper. Honestly, I'd opt for Tyus Jones before I opt for Mudiay. Yea, Jones is 4 inches shorter, but he's a good shooter, can spread the floor, has a much higher IQ, is a solid passer, always plays hard, can create his own shot when necessary and I think he can become a Tony Parker type PG.

That said, I'm not impressed by Mudiay and don't think he'd even be a considered a 1st rounder if he were 6'0/6'1 rather than 6'5.

jamal99
06-11-2015, 01:43 AM
they aren't picking him
he's a bust and isn't going to have much immediate trade valuesss
He ain't no bust, but it's stupid to draft him when they have Noel and Embiid...

GOBB
06-11-2015, 07:11 AM
He ain't no bust, but it's stupid to draft him when they have Noel and Embiid...

It's not stupid if you think he is the best player in the draft. BPA > need when you're drafting at pick 3. I'm not saying Porz is the best player but just because you have Noel and Embiid should not matter at all.

midatlantic09
06-11-2015, 11:02 AM
It's not stupid if you think he is the best player in the draft. BPA > need when you're drafting at pick 3. I'm not saying Porz is the best player but just because you have Noel and Embiid should not matter at all.

Philly should grab whomever is left over of Towns/Russell/Okafor if for no other reason than to hold some other team hostage and attempt to get a terrific deal.

Taking Porzingis #3 doesn't make sense just because his asset value isn't all that high right now despite his enormous upside whereas I'm sure there's a team out there that would give up a lot to get someone like Okafor.

Purch
06-11-2015, 11:28 AM
From what Ive read, people having been saying this kid has top 5 level talent

Spurs5Rings2014
06-11-2015, 03:50 PM
I think he can become a Tony Parker type PG.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So an injury-prone cancerous shoot-first PG chucker who's a black hole on defense and can't play in the rhythm of the offense?

oarabbus
06-11-2015, 04:22 PM

So an injury-prone cancerous shoot-first PG chucker who's a black hole on defense and can't play in the rhythm of the offense?

4x Champion "Cancer" :applause:

T_L_P
06-13-2015, 01:24 PM
No DraftExpress has Lakers taking Russell and Knicks taking Okafor. :wtf:

HOoopCityJones
06-13-2015, 02:22 PM
No DraftExpress has Lakers taking Russell and Knicks taking Okafor. :wtf:

http://www.draftexpress.com/

Fucc you talkin about?:biggums:

f0und
06-13-2015, 02:24 PM
the next bargs/darko

Euroleague
06-13-2015, 06:48 PM

You are one of the biggest dumb asses in this whole forum.

Euroleague
06-13-2015, 06:50 PM

You mean you haven't realized that 90% of this forum is racist towards any non American player yet? And basically really towards any white player yet?

Who the hell are you to call Bargnani a clown, when clearly you are a clown yourself? Because only a total clown could be so dense.

brandonislegend
06-13-2015, 11:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjzdm1pSqjk

el gringos
06-14-2015, 12:37 AM
the next bargs/darko
Well that will be cool that he prob gets to play w bargnani.