PDA

View Full Version : What can the haters really say about Lebron now?

RoseCity07
06-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Can't say his team is stacked, down two all-stars playing vs a stacked historically good team.

Can't get on him about field goal percentage because he needs to shoot a high volume to keep defense honest and make up for the lack of depth.

Can't blame the refs because Lebron can't get a call to save his life as pointed out by JVG during the games.

Can't talk about him being Lebald because he got rid of his headband.

At this point there is nothing to attack Lebron about unless you're just a psychotic Kobe stan. We are witnessing a GOAT performance being put on display every game but the best player in the world. How great is our god?

Magic 32
06-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Can't say his team is stacked, down two all-stars playing vs a stacked historically good team.

Can't get on him about field goal percentage because he needs to shoot a high volume to keep defense honest and make up for the lack of depth.

Can't blame the refs because Lebron can't get a call to save his life as pointed out by JVG during the games.

Can't say he has won.

He's got 2 legitimate wins this year shooting 40%

Bernkastel
06-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Can't say he has won.

:lebronamazed:

scm5
06-10-2015, 06:41 PM
My gripe with him is that he has a bitch mentality. He's clearly talented enough to win a championship without all the collusion, but still he feels like he needs a stacked team always.

Roundball_Rock
06-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Not much if he wins this year. That will silence the selective "LeBron needed a stacked team to win" argument (as if other legends were not winning on loaded teams too). Moreover, it would give LeBron a key feather in his cap. Who else in history could win a Finals and half the ECF (against 67 and 60 win teams) with JR Smith and Delly as your #2 or #3 best players? It does not mean he is automatically the GOAT but it gives him a key argument over the other candidates.

If he wins the question is where in the top 5 LeBron will place when he hangs it up.

TheMan
06-10-2015, 06:57 PM
LeBron is an all time great, he's having a great Finals regardless of FG%. Let's be honest though, GS is choking, the Cavs D has been solid but this young team are being exposed as not ready for prime time. I've said it all season long, which is why I was so disappointed the Bulls couldn't get to the Finals after the Spurs lost, I felt the Warriors were beatable.

If the Spurs were playing right now, is there any doubt they'd be easily handling this depleated Cavs team?

ArbitraryWater
06-10-2015, 07:02 PM
LeBron is an all time great, he's having a great Finals regardless of FG%. Let's be honest though, GS is choking, the Cavs D has been solid but this young team are being exposed as not ready for prime time. I've said it all season long, which is why I was so disappointed the Bulls couldn't get to the Finals after the Spurs lost, I felt the Warriors were beatable.

If the Spurs were playing right now, is there any doubt they'd be easily handling this depleated Cavs team?

If the healthy Cavs would be playing the Spurs, is there any doubt that simply would be a great series, capable of going either way?

Definitely not that far in the Spurs favor that you simply give them the edge, especially considering they lost to LAC.

ShackEelOKneel
06-10-2015, 07:09 PM
I don't think Hawks and Bulls were ever legit, so him going to the Finals to the East is not legit. Now all he needed was 1 series that matchups were in his favor. On paper, they weren't, but Delly has shut down the MVP and the rest of the Warriors can't buy a bucket. That is not LeBron's doing, and it is the real reason the Cavs are winning, not because of LeBron's stats. That said, LeBron has been playing well and there is nothing about how he is playing to actually criticize.

TheMan
06-10-2015, 07:17 PM
If the healthy Cavs would be playing the Spurs, is there any doubt that simply would be a great series, capable of going either way?

Definitely not that far in the Spurs favor that you simply give them the edge, especially considering they lost to LAC.
Thing is that KLove went out in the Boston series, KI got hurt and just went downhill all playoffs long, it was just a matter of time that he would be knocked out for good this postseason. Hypothetically, yeah, a healthy Cavs team vs the Spurs would make a great series but you're crazy if you think THIS Cavs team that's up 2-1 to these wet behind the ears Warriors would be pulling the same upset vs the battle hardened Spurs. Also, just because they lost to LAC in round 1 doesn't mean they can't beat a team that made the Finals, it comes down to matchups.

nathanjizzle
06-10-2015, 07:19 PM
he has a small @ick. and when he wakes up the morning after he wins a championship, hell still have that small @ick.

LeFraud James
06-10-2015, 09:28 PM
My gripe with him is that he has a bitch mentality. He's clearly talented enough to win a championship without all the collusion, but still he feels like he needs a stacked team always.

This.

He could be neck and neck with Jordan right now if he wasn't such a mental midget. If he wins the chip this year and continues playing in a similar fashion as he has been in this years Finals for the rest of his career, he'll definitely be in the discussion for Top 3 all-time when it's all said and done though.

All of his shortcomings will be forgiven, but we'll all be left wondering what kind of player he could have been if he had played with this mentality all throughout his career, especially in his prime.

Asukal
06-10-2015, 09:47 PM
If lebaldo manages to win this year's finals I will have to seriously consider him as good as the 2nd tier of GOATs (top 6-10). This is the series where he is finally playing his heart out and not pussying out. Of course it is not a performance without flaws but I'm liking his strong mentality this time around.

:applause:

Still, its funny how he still can't dominate during crunch time getting clowned all over. :oldlol:

LAZERUSS
06-10-2015, 09:51 PM
If lebaldo manages to win this year's finals I will have to seriously consider him as good as the 2nd tier of GOATs (top 6-10). This is the series where he is finally playing his heart out and not pussying out. Of course it is not a performance without flaws but I'm liking his strong mentality this time around.

:applause:

Still, its funny how he still can't dominate during crunch time getting clowned all over. :oldlol:

You obviously missed the last minute of game three, then.

BBallZen83
06-10-2015, 09:57 PM

It's also silly because he is having to carry such a load for the entire game. The dude is playing something like 47 minutes a night and just doing so much. I could see how you could clown the guy in 2011 for his 4th quarters, but this is completely a beast of a different color... and yeah, he was great late in game 3.

Asukal
06-10-2015, 09:58 PM

When he tackle fouled curry? Yeah that was a great play by lebaldo. :applause:

Derka
06-10-2015, 10:16 PM
All I can say is he hasn't won this title yet. A bit premature.

plowking
06-10-2015, 10:27 PM

Why are they a young, inexperienced team again?

Consistently been going to the playoffs, have the MVP, great defensive player in Bogut, experience in Iggy, Klay Thompson, bunch of other vets like Barbosa, Lee, etc.

Just because Curry is baby faced, doesn't mean they are young and inexperienced. They are just getting outplayed, and that doesn't mean they aren't great. Happens to every team. 72 win Bulls lost to an expansion team...

Fudge
06-10-2015, 10:31 PM
he has a small @ick. and when he wakes up the morning after he wins a championship, hell still have that small @ick.
But you're Asian, Nathan.

JohnFreeman
06-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Chicago fans been taking L's lately

smoovegittar
06-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Somebody woke JohnFreeman up.

BlazerRed
06-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Lebron has won my heart. Ily Lebron x

Jacks3
06-10-2015, 11:16 PM
FG%ZZZ and efficenyz

Ne 1
06-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Can't say his team is stacked, down two all-stars

This is true, and yes, he has had a great all around Westbrook-esque series so far despite the poor efficiency. You can't neglect the fact though that basketball is played on both ends of the floor, defense is half of the game and you can't act like the Cavs have some below average, run of the mill role players when Tristan Thompson is playing like Dennis Rodman and Delly is playing like Sidney Moncrief. Mozgov is playing like an elite rim protector right now, looking like Dwight in the post and Tristan Thompson might be the best offensive rebounder in the NBA, which is a huge key giving the Cavs so many second chance points. Shumpert is also a good defender on the perimeter. You can't neglect that the Cavs defense have held the Warriors to 39 and 40% shooting in the games they won after 48% in regular season and have made the league MVP look so mediocre. Smith, Shumpert, James Jones, and Delly are all very good 3P shooters also.

sekachu
06-10-2015, 11:41 PM

At this point there is nothing to attack Lebron about unless you're just a psychotic Kobe stan. We are witnessing a GOAT performance being put on display every game but the best player in the world. How great is our god?

If I have to say, it proves that lebron will be a 40% shooter when he takes great amount of shots like kobe.

DCL
06-10-2015, 11:50 PM

maybe he just wanted to repeat something that was said about him his entire life?

sd3035
06-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Big fan, so this question isn't really for me but....I guess if one were to hate on Lebald, they may suggest that he shoots 40%, turns the ball over a fair amount, plays traffic cone defense (with the occasional hack or tackle), and has the refs in his pocket

I, on the other hand, think he's doing a fine job

BlakFrankWhite
06-11-2015, 12:01 AM
I love him

sd3035
06-11-2015, 12:02 AM
On a side note, I believe that Nathan is Asian, and Asian males are rumored to be insufficiently endowed (not that I'd know anything about that)

The JKidd Kid
06-11-2015, 12:12 AM
This is true, and yes, he has had a great all around Westbrook-esque series so far despite the poor efficiency. You can't neglect the fact though that basketball is played on both ends of the floor, defense is half of the game and you can't act like the Cavs have some below average, run of the mill role players when Tristan Thompson is playing like Dennis Rodman and Delly is playing like Sidney Moncrief. Mozgov is playing like an elite rim protector right now, looking like Dwight in the post and Tristan Thompson might be the best offensive rebounder in the NBA, which is a huge key giving the Cavs so many second chance points. Shumpert is also a good defender on the perimeter. You can't neglect that the Cavs defense have held the Warriors to 39 and 40% shooting in the games they won after 48% in regular season and have made the league MVP look so mediocre. Smith, Shumpert, James Jones, and Delly are all very good 3P shooters also.

That's so ridiculously insulting to Dennis Rodman. Tristan Thompson right now is nowhere close to Rodman at ANY point in his career. Shump is an incredibly overrated defender he got that reputation just cause of the ny media. He's good but he's nowhere close to making an all defensive team. Also none of those guys are better shooters than Curry or Klay. This is easily the least talented supporting class up 2-1 in the finals we've seen in a very long time. Maybe ever. Not to mention that the team they're up against won 67 games and and happens to feature the most polarizing offensive player in the league, who also happens to be the MVP and the ****ing greatest shooter of all time.

DirkNowitzki41
06-11-2015, 12:20 AM
kobe stans are scrambling for excuses and now they've reached new lows :oldlol:

I think the best thing is that when the HEAT won their rings, kobe stans/lebron haters were saying how it doesnt count and that a cleveland ring will = 5 rings (because they never expected lebron will go back to the cavs).. however, now that he returned and is on the verge of carrying the cavs to a chip they have completely gone away from that and have moved towards even lamer excuses :oldlol:

Ne 1
06-11-2015, 12:41 AM
Tristan Thompson right now is nowhere close to Rodman at ANY point in his career.

He's averaged 14rpg in the Finals through 3 games so far, as many as Rodman in he '96 Finals.

His offensive rebounding has helped make up for the James' shooting woes. Thompson keeps buying possession after possession, which not only creates second chance points for the Cavs, but huge momentum shifts as well. The Cavs are getting more shot opportunities from offensive rebounds basically negating many of their misses..That's like playing H-O-R-S-E and someone giving you multiple "do overs" after you've missed.

TheCorporation
06-11-2015, 12:55 AM

The "mighty" Spurs lost to the Clippers... Who lost to the ****ing Rockets. Let that sink in. The Spurs. Lost. To. The. Clippers...

bond10
06-11-2015, 03:40 PM
He's playing great. But damn, can GS actually play like a finals contender? They've been quite underwhelming...

On Lebron, it's good to see him taking 30+ shots, very different from last year. Now if he can stop posting instagram of himself staring into a mirror...

MMM
06-11-2015, 04:54 PM

scary is i don't see many of today stars being ready any time soon

so much losers

Ai2death
06-11-2015, 05:18 PM
The "mighty" Spurs lost to the Clippers... Who lost to the ****ing Rockets. Let that sink in. The Spurs. Lost. To. The. Clippers...

It's all about match ups, Clippers have always been a bad match up for the Spurs.
But Spurs have always had GSW & quite often Lebrons number as well.

Also, on topic: 3/6?

dick tracy
06-11-2015, 07:43 PM
HE WILL HAVE WIN TONIGHT

TO PROVE ANYTHING:lebroncry:

nathanjizzle
06-11-2015, 11:16 PM

the Jizzle curse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi7Ak7-R0BM

http://i62.tinypic.com/24g7dqh.png

https://media3.giphy.com/media/akWHJqpMWQvpS/200_s.gif