PDA

View Full Version : In light on LeBron's dominant Finals...

Prime_Shaq
06-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Here is a throwback to Shaq's domination. From one all-time great to another.
Game 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtmXpAeWeH4
Game 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPUbzUJZDI0
Back to back 40 point games :applause:

This was with Kobe out as well(Game 2) . Look at the similar hacking both LeBron and Shaq gets in the paint and the constant double or triple teaming of Shaq. :applause:

nzahir
06-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Prime shaq is arguably the goat. Only flaw was his ft shooting and he wasnt hacked as much as he wouldve been now. He couldve been the goat if he was a bit better on D and if he tried to stay in shape for longer. Weirdest thing is that he never led the league in blocks or boards.
Shaqs longevitity not as great as some stars though.
Top 5 all time though imo

24-Inch_Chrome
06-10-2015, 10:48 PM
MDE. :applause:

LAZERUSS
06-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Prime shaq is arguably the goat. Only flaw was his ft shooting and he wasnt hacked as much as he wouldve been now. He couldve been the goat if he was a bit better on D and if he tried to stay in shape for longer. Weirdest thing is that he never led the league in blocks or boards.

From his rookie season, in '93, to his '05 season, or a span of 13 seasons, he was either a top-5 player, or THE best player in the league.

Very few "greats" have put up 13 consecutive seasons like that.

tpols
06-10-2015, 10:57 PM
From his rookie season, in '93, to his '05 season, or a span of 13 seasons, he was either a top-5 player, or THE best player in the league.

Very few "greats" have put up 13 consecutive seasons like that.

Him and lebron are so similar.. both dominated with freak size and speed. Lebron though imo has proven to be a better leader and tactician due to his ball security. Shaq with a shit cast is a 30/15 series in a sweep.. but lebron can single handedly control the clock better and is basically perimeter shaq without terrible fts and poor leadership

DonDadda59
06-10-2015, 10:59 PM

:biggums:

How many stars were carrying upwards of 350 lbs their whole career. That's brutal on the knees just walking around, forget playing basketball. Look at Yao, Oden, Sampson, etc I could go on and on. Shows how much of a freak athlete Shaq was to stay healthy and dominant on the court as long as he did being his size.

Velocirap31
06-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Like playing 2K on rookie mode.

LikeABosh
06-11-2015, 12:17 AM
MDE :bowdown: Only thing that stopped him from being the GOAT was laziness.

Springsteen
06-11-2015, 01:55 AM
:biggums:

How many stars were carrying upwards of 350 lbs their whole career. That's brutal on the knees just walking around, forget playing basketball. Look at Yao, Oden, Sampson, etc I could go on and on. Shows how much of a freak athlete Shaq was to stay healthy and dominant on the court as long as he did being his size.

He got lazy by the end of his career though, but its a given at his size. :confusedshrug:

RoundMoundOfReb
06-11-2015, 01:57 AM
2000 Shaq = Best player ever.

navy
06-11-2015, 02:01 AM
We can appreciate greatness without pushing agendas.

Prime_Shaq
06-11-2015, 02:03 AM
We can appreciate greatness without pushing agendas.
What agenda?

navy
06-11-2015, 02:14 AM
What agenda?
Not you. They know what im talking about. :oldlol:

Shaq was way too dominant. That Final was embarrassing the way he kept scoring. I always feel like players get way too discredited on their abilities because they score in the paint in non fancy ways.

Prime_Shaq
06-11-2015, 02:18 AM
Not you. They know what im talking about. :oldlol:

Shaq was way too dominant. That Final was embarrassing the way he kept scoring. I always feel like players get way too discredited on their abilities because they score in the paint in non fancy ways.
:cheers:
Something about watching him overpowering a triple team and getting a simple lay in gets me hard

IllegalD
06-11-2015, 03:09 AM
Anybody else surprised that an insecure Shaq Stanley is so quick to make a post to remind everyone about a dominant Shaq Finals stretch when everyone in the media today is talking about LeBron as having "the greatest finals performance ever"?

Butthurt Shaq Stanleys. :lol

The Clutch City documentary the other night reminded me how overrated Shaq's supposed "GOATness" is. Dude couldn't win a ring even though he had stacked teams in Orlando.

1995 Orlando Magic, ranked 9th Best Supporting Cast in Finals history by fivethirtyeight, losing against the 95 Rockets (30th best supporting cast). :facepalm

Allstar/HOF Teammates, Allstar Level seasons when he wasn't Kobe's teammate or Kobe wasn't a starter:

Dwyane Wade (11x Allstar, #3 GOAT SG, 1x Finals MVP, Future HOF)
Steve Nash (8x Allstar, 2x MVP, Top 10 PG, Future HOF)
Penny Hardaway (4x Allstar)
Amare Stoudemire (6x Allstar)
Antoine Walker (3x Allstar)
Alonzo Mourning (7x Allstar, 2x DPOY, HOF)
Eddie Jones (3x Allstar)
Nick Van Exel (1x Allstar)
Horrace Grant (1x Allstar)
Cedric Ceballos (1x Allstar)

Final Tally: 10 Allstar Level Players (2 MVPs, 3 HOFs)

Allstar/HOF Teammates, Shaq's Non-Allstar/Past his prime years:

LeBron James (11x Allstar, GOAT candidate, 4x MVP, Future HOF)
Kevin Garnett (15x Allstar, 1x MVP, Future HOF)
Paul Pierce (10x Allstar, 1x Finals MVP, Future HOF)
Ray Allen (10x Allstar, Future HOF)
Rajon Rondo (4x Allstar)
Mo Williams (1x Allstar)

Final Tally: 6 Allstar Level Players (3 MVPs, 4 HOFs)

Combined Tally: 16 Allstar Level Players (5 MVPs, 7 HOFs)

All that help and a grand total of... 1 sidekick ring to show for it, riding the coattails of Wade's All-Time Great Finals performance. :facepalm

24-Inch_Chrome
06-11-2015, 03:11 AM
Note that OP said "from one all-time great to another." Clearly not a LeBron put down thread, just appreciating a pair of great players.

IllegalD
06-11-2015, 03:13 AM
Note that OP said "from one all-time great to another." Clearly not a LeBron put down thread, just appreciating a pair of great players.

Yeah right...

Like obvious agenda isn't obvious. :lol

Prime_Shaq
06-11-2015, 03:20 AM
Yeah right...

Like obvious agenda isn't obvious. :lol
You must have me confused with the agenda driven teenagers here, I was just enjoying how dominant LeBron is in these Finals and wanted to share how great Shaq was as well. Its not like I created this thread on game day to distract the attention LeBron is receiving so if you don't like Shaq then just don't bother coming into a Shaq thread?

IllegalD
06-11-2015, 03:22 AM
You must have me confused with the agenda driven teenagers here, I was just enjoying how dominant LeBron is in these Finals and wanted to share how great Shaq was as well. Its not like I created this thread on game day to distract the attention LeBron is receiving so if you don't like Shaq then just don't bother coming into a Shaq thread?

Your right, my apologies good sir. I shall create my own thread instead. Cheers! :cheers:

inclinerator
06-11-2015, 03:38 AM
let's be serious duncan own shaq in head to head matchups but shaq had the better team

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duncati01&p2=onealsh01

he dominated some weak ass centers in the finals