PDA

View Full Version : Magic's Tweets: Lebron Greatest Finals Ever

Dr.J4ever
06-10-2015, 11:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/13054535/magic-johnson-says-lebron-having-greatest-finals-ever-curry-green-need-keep-quiet

LAZERUSS
06-10-2015, 11:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/13054535/magic-johnson-says-lebron-having-greatest-finals-ever-curry-green-need-keep-quiet

So three games is enough to make that claim?

navy
06-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Series isnt over yet

SaltyMeatballs
06-10-2015, 11:33 PM
LeBron is putting up crazy numbers... yes. But he's also shooting only 40% from the field.

Dresta
06-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Magic is nothing but a cheerleader these days. Must have summin to do with dem aids.

SilkkTheShocker
06-10-2015, 11:35 PM
Someone check to make sure Magic 32 didn't kill himself

Dr.J4ever
06-10-2015, 11:52 PM
Magic : "If LeBron keeps playing the way he's playing & the Cavs win the title, this will be the single greatest performance we've seen in the Finals."

This is what he actually said.

LAZERUSS
06-10-2015, 11:54 PM
Magic : "If LeBron keeps playing the way he's playing & the Cavs win the title, this will be the single greatest performance we've seen in the Finals."

My bad.

And, he would certainly have an argument.

The thing is...Lebron is controlling this entire series at both ends of the floor. The bashers will rip his efficiency, but even his missed shots have come from within the restricted area, and it has prevented the Warriors from getting run-outs. He has been assisting, rebounding, and playing spectaular defense. How about those two plays in the last minute which resulted in steals? IMHO, his basketball intelligence has been GOAT-level.

Of course, three more Warrior wins would likely put an end to this discussion.

Burgz V2
06-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Earvin Magic Johnson ✔@MagicJohnson
I love Steph Curry & Draymond Green, but they both need to stop complaining to the referees and play basketball.

http://media.giphy.com/media/gkIfMqsdfMKuQ/giphy.gif

NumberSix
06-10-2015, 11:59 PM
Magic is a known hyperbole peddler.

If LeBron does this for the entire series and leads this severe underdog to a win, then maybe. At this point though, it's 3 games. It's 2-1. Literally the closest a 3 game sample can possibly be.

Taller than CP3
06-11-2015, 12:52 AM
Magic should go back to having sex with Isiah Thomas.

DCL
06-11-2015, 12:57 AM
crazy fantasies were made up when, for 3 whole quarters in game 3, the cavs were spanking the warriors by 20 or 22 points...

sportjames23
06-11-2015, 01:08 AM

And he'd be wrong.

Off the top of my head, MJ in '93, Dream in '95 and Wade in '06 were better.

DCL
06-11-2015, 01:20 AM
And he'd be wrong.

Off the top of my head, MJ in '93, Dream in '95 and Wade in '06 were better.

none of the ones you offered were shocking.

mj was supposed to win in 93.

houston, even though they had a weak regular season record due to injuries, were still stacked to compete. they were still the defending champions.

wade in '06 coming down from 0-2 and down 13 points in game 3 was impressive. but most people had high expectations of the heat winning before the series started anyway. the heat were not underdogs. and shaq was only slightly off his prime.

but who in their right mind was expecting this depleted and hobbled cavs team to defeat the healthy top seed warriors???? not even david blatt, their coach is believing this shit. when you hear him speak, you just sense how mindblown he is, and he's the friggin coach of that team. :oldlol:

Springsteen
06-11-2015, 01:58 AM

http://oi45.tinypic.com/35jksuw.jpg

FillJackson
06-11-2015, 02:37 AM
Magic is nothing but a cheerleader these days. Must have summin to do with dem aids.
Except he doesn't have aids and never did.

scandisk_
06-11-2015, 02:53 AM
In terms of extreme effort and legacy (dominance not so much), yep this will probably go down as the best Finals Performance ever.

DCL
06-11-2015, 03:06 AM
i think when you use the word "great", people will always be nitpicky about it because the word can mean so many things.

"great" might simply imply strong production numbers or high efficiency, but that doesn't capture everything because the term is so broad.

lebron's display of greatness, as we are seeing it right now, is not the numbers themselves, even though they're not bad.

the greatness is that he's actually winning these friggin games. he's carrying a bunch of sorry underdog scrubs and giving them a fighting chance against the top seed and heavily favorited and healthy warriors.

the greatness is in pulling off one of the greatest upsets.

that's the hype that people are entertaining thoughts of.

of course, all that don't mean shit if golden state wins, but the possibility is still on the table right now.

TheBigVeto
06-11-2015, 03:23 AM

:applause:

Magic 32
06-11-2015, 05:46 AM
Someone check to make sure Magic 32 didn't kill himself

“I hope that (Kobe) is healthy so he can lead our Lakers back,” said Johnson. “He’s on my Mount Rushmore. He is unreal. Think about his mindset and attitude and how he can just do it night in and night out. That’s one thing great about Kobe. I love him.” May 5, 2014

- Magic Johnson.

I really don't care for Magic's extreme hyperboles.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-11-2015, 05:50 AM
http://media.giphy.com/media/gkIfMqsdfMKuQ/giphy.gif

Wait...did Magic seriously say something negative about a player :eek: