PDA

View Full Version : Bucks trade Ersan Ilyasova to Pistons for Caron Butler and Shawne Williams

24-Inch_Chrome
06-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Done deal:

Pistons trade Caron Butler, Shawne Williams to Bucks for Ersan Ilyasova (http://www.insidehoops.com/pistons-bucks-trade-061115.shtml)

Milbuck
06-11-2015, 03:24 PM
Salary dump. Woj said this gives us ~22 mil in cap space when both are waived. Probably to pay for Mids' extension and hopefully whoever Kidd wants in FA.

Levity
06-11-2015, 03:30 PM
he'll be a good fit for SVG's system. Hopefully he can play with a consistent effort for once in his career.

gasolina
06-11-2015, 03:31 PM
I like it. Paves the way for Giannis playing full time PF. Hope he and Jabari can handle the minutes.

It's sad how this season, Philly gets rewarded another lottery pick while Bucks get "experience"

Im so nba'd out
06-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Wait wtf you can do trades now

:biggums:

ImKobe
06-11-2015, 03:32 PM
good trade for both teams IMO.

jayfan
06-11-2015, 03:41 PM
he'll be a good fit for SVG's system. Hopefully he can play with a consistent effort for once in his career.

What's the skinny on this guy? Don't know much about him.

Ca$H
06-11-2015, 03:58 PM

This. The season isn't over. :wtf:

morbius
06-11-2015, 03:58 PM
Someone actually picked up Ilyasova? Man, did that guy fall off when he got overpaid. Can't believe he's not black. :no:

bdreason
06-11-2015, 04:04 PM

Versatile defender because of his length. Can play the 3 or 4. Can hit the 3 ball. Decent rebounder despite his slight build. Doesn't have a great handle and isn't a great passer. Can't guard legit PF's on the box.

ShackEelOKneel
06-11-2015, 04:10 PM

The moment teams are eliminated from the playoffs they can begin trading.

embersyc
06-11-2015, 04:26 PM
I really like Ilyasova, good pick up if it is true.

Vancouver-Grizz
06-11-2015, 04:27 PM
The moment teams are eliminated from the playoffs they can begin trading.

I thought they can work the trade in principal and the official announcements will be done on the first day of free agency.

sfballa13
06-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Best part about this deal is Ilyasova's contract his guaranteed only through next season.

If he plays like shit next year then the Pistons can buy him out for 400k in 2016-2017

Besides Ed Davis there werent many realistic options for the Pistons in free agency at the power forward spot.

This is a great trade from Van Gundy

Reggie Jackson for Trash.

Ilyasova for expiring contracts.

jayfan
06-11-2015, 05:02 PM
Versatile defender because of his length. Can play the 3 or 4. Can hit the 3 ball. Decent rebounder despite his slight build. Doesn't have a great handle and isn't a great passer. Can't guard legit PF's on the box.

Thanks. Does he have a post game?

DMV2
06-11-2015, 05:05 PM
about time...he needed a new scenery.

ralph_i_el
06-11-2015, 06:06 PM

He can play the 4 (poorly) and allegedly he can shoot the 3.

UK2K
06-11-2015, 06:12 PM
Salary dump. Woj said this gives us ~22 mil in cap space when both are waived. Probably to pay for Mids' extension and hopefully whoever Kidd wants in FA.
The Bucks said they would match anything offered to KM.

The problem is, some team isnl desperate enough go massively overpay him, and the Bucks aren't exactly NYC or LA, so FA's are unlikely.

Then they will be forced to march. Not that he's not a good player, but like Parsons he will probably get overpaid.

bdreason
06-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Thanks. Does he have a post game?

Nope. Likes to shoot jumpers and is also good in the open court. He's not the kind of player you want playing 30+ minutes, but he can be an effective bench player.

NugzFan
06-11-2015, 06:34 PM
I like it. Paves the way for Giannis playing full time PF. Hope he and Jabari can handle the minutes.

It's sad how this season, Philly gets rewarded another lottery pick while Bucks get "experience"

Philly was terrible. What did you expect?

NugzFan
06-11-2015, 06:35 PM
The Bucks said they would match anything offered to KM .

Every team always say they will match.

gasolina
06-11-2015, 06:36 PM
Nope. Likes to shoot jumpers and is also good in the open court. He's not the kind of player you want playing 30+ minutes, but he can be an effective bench player.
Too bad he's regressed, when he was younger he played the three and could actually drive and finish. Now he's too slight to be a 4 and too slow as a 3.

He cannot create his own shot anymore. Pick and pop only. He cant even hit a pump fake one dribble pullup.

During the fear the deer years he was actually decent. Playing with prime bogut helps a lot

gasolina
06-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Philly was terrible. What did you expect?
Philly wanted to be terrible and built its team that way. I'm not getting to any discussion abt tanking but theres got to be incentive for a franchise to try its best to succeed all the time.

Remember they're all selling a product, and the sixers are part of it

ZMonkey11
06-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Do the Bucks and Pistons have a really good trading relationship? They've had no qualms in working with each other the last two years.

DetroitPiston
06-12-2015, 12:05 AM
Do the Bucks and Pistons have a really good trading relationship? They've had no qualms in working with each other the last two years.

Hammond used to work under Dumars.

The one trade that I'm pissed at Dumars doing was trading Middleton. I could live without Afflalo, but Middleton is just what the Pistons need right now. I like Ilyasova, but Middleton.. :cry:

imdaman99
06-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Irrelevant, none of them are good players and I wouldn't even take any of them on the Knicks, and heaven knows they need players.

Once upon a time, I would have taken Ilyasova but he has never lived up to anything.

chips93
06-12-2015, 12:14 AM

just based off watching him at duke, id say jabari is more suited to play power forward

the jabari-giannis combo probably wont conform to traditional positions though