PDA

View Full Version : Is Mozgov better than the following...

oarabbus
06-12-2015, 02:08 AM
Or is he just a product of the Bran system?

Is he better than:

DeAndre Jordan?

Brook Lopez?

Robin "Batman" Lopez?

Enes "Penes" Kanter?

Andre "iCarly" Drummond?

Nikola "Vucci Mane" Vucevic?

Tyson Chandler?

Al "No Defense" Jefferson?

Derrick Favors?

Hassan Wiltside?

Marcin "Polish Hammer" Gortat?

Jonas "The Lithuanian Hooker" Valanciunas?

Rudy "The Gobert Report" Gobert?

What do you say, ISH?

tpols
06-12-2015, 02:12 AM
Id say only gobert and wiltside for this cavs team. Deandre would be there too but his terrible FT shooting would make him a liability while mozgod is like the best FT shooter on his whole team.

Heavincent
06-12-2015, 02:12 AM
He's probably better than most of those guys, especially the matador defenders like Jefferson, Kanter, etc.

kennethgriffin
06-12-2015, 02:14 AM
honestly... mozgov is a supremely talented offensive big man

he hits free throws like a guard

hes like 7 foot 3

he can jump out of the building/catches 1 handed lobs

runs fast

has a post game/hook shot/up and under move

can run the pick and roll

can hit jumpshots

he's probably the best offensive big man in the nba IMO lol

Marchesk
06-12-2015, 02:16 AM
Mozgod is Shaq-like. Would carry Kobe to another couple titles. Lakers should send their 2nd for him.

oarabbus
06-12-2015, 02:23 AM
honestly... mozgov is a supremely talented offensive big man

he hits free throws like a guard

hes like 7 foot 3

he can jump out of the building/catches 1 handed lobs

runs fast

has a post game/hook shot/up and under move

can run the pick and roll

can hit jumpshots

he's probably the best offensive big man in the nba IMO lol

I don't think he's 7'3"... closer to 7'1" which is his listed height. Still tall as fu*ck and taller than everyone but maybe 3 people in the NBA though.

But you're right. He hits the jumpshot surprisingly well, is pretty damn athletic, quick for a big guy, and good at ft. I am surprised at this russian motherfuxker, he is talented. Denver stays losing what a shitty loss for them lmao

Done_And_Done
06-12-2015, 02:27 AM
Pretty surprising that he went undrafted. The guy is a very talented ball player. Incredibly coordinated and agile for a guy his size too.

J Shuttlesworth
06-12-2015, 02:36 AM
He's great. Biggest knocks on him is how quickly his foul count adds up, and how he's sometime unable to control good passes. He's been getting better on both those ends lately, and I think he'll be even better next year with the chemistry developing.

bobopenguin
06-12-2015, 02:41 AM

Is he better than:

DeAndre Jordan? NO

Brook Lopez? SAME

Robin "Batman" Lopez? YES

Enes "Penes" Kanter? YES

Andre "iCarly" Drummond? SLIGHTLY BEHIND

Nikola "Vucci Mane" Vucevic? NO

Tyson Chandler? BY BIT

Al "No Defense" Jefferson? YES

Derrick Favors? YES

Hassan Wiltside? YES

Marcin "Polish Hammer" Gortat? SLIGHTLY

Jonas "The Lithuanian Hooker" Valanciunas? YES

Rudy "The Gobert Report" Gobert? CURRENTLY YES

What do you say, ISH?

He can still develope though~ but offense wise, i think he's same tier as Brook Lopez.
however, out of these, i take DJ, Vucevic, Drummond and Mozgov

Genaro
06-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Some of these guys would avg 35 PPG with 6'7" Green guarding them. Mozgov is good but he's looking better because the Warriors let Green guard him and live with the results.

oarabbus
06-12-2015, 02:45 AM
Some of these guys would avg 35 PPG with 6'7" Green guarding them. Mozgov is good but he's looking better because the Warriors let Green guard him and live with the results.

Oh word? Like Marc Gasol?

buddha
06-12-2015, 02:48 AM

he's certainly gone off against Draymond Green lol but his per 36 numbers this season are no different from when he was in Denver. Denver just never gave him more than 20 minutes for some dumb reason.

24-Inch_Chrome
06-12-2015, 02:50 AM
Cleveland is going to be big-time next year, Mozgov is going to be a big part of that imo. It's still early but I think they'll win it all in 2016 assuming the team sticks together.

bobopenguin
06-12-2015, 02:51 AM

like Nikola Vucevic or Brook lopez...

J Shuttlesworth
06-12-2015, 02:52 AM
he's certainly gone off against Draymond Green lol but his per 36 numbers this season are no different from when he was in Denver. Denver just never gave him more than 20 minutes for some dumb reason.
Per 36, he's putting up 15/10 on 59% with Cleveland opposed to 12/11 on 50% with Denver this year.

SyRyanYang
06-12-2015, 02:55 AM
like Nikola Vucevic or Brook lopez...

Yeah maybe but neither is as good on the defensive end

wally_world
06-12-2015, 03:08 AM
Better than all of them except:
DeAndre
Drummond
Vucevic
Favors

Genaro
06-12-2015, 03:14 AM
Like Brook Lopez, Kanter, Vucevic, Whiteside and Gortat. Even Hibbert that isn't on the list.

Marc is manly a jump shooter and a defender and he dominated Green for stretches. Bogut helped a lot.

TheBigVeto
06-12-2015, 03:19 AM
Is he better than:

Kobe "The Bricklayer" Bryant? Yes

Updated.

Jameerthefear
06-12-2015, 03:27 AM
he's not better than any of those guys maybe gortat or JV and robin

iamgine
06-12-2015, 03:28 AM

Is he better than:

DeAndre Jordan?

Brook Lopez?

Robin "Batman" Lopez?

Enes "Penes" Kanter?

Andre "iCarly" Drummond? No

Nikola "Vucci Mane" Vucevic?

Tyson Chandler?

Al "No Defense" Jefferson?

Derrick Favors?

Hassan Wiltside?

Marcin "Polish Hammer" Gortat?

Jonas "The Lithuanian Hooker" Valanciunas?

Rudy "The Gobert Report" Gobert?

What do you say, ISH?
He's around Robin Lopez level. He's a role player, just playing well when the matchup suits him.

bobeticus
06-12-2015, 04:45 AM
I don't think he's 7'3"... closer to 7'1" which is his listed height. Still tall as fu*ck and taller than everyone but maybe 3 people in the NBA though.

But you're right. He hits the jumpshot surprisingly well, is pretty damn athletic, quick for a big guy, and good at ft. I am surprised at this russian motherfuxker, he is talented. Denver stays losing what a shitty loss for them lmao

Blatt knows better... i think blatt is also pursuing for that guy as he is his player in the Russian NT... that's why he pushed David Griffin for that trade... coz he knows how to utilize his players well... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

bobeticus
06-12-2015, 04:50 AM
Cleveland is going to be big-time next year, Mozgov is going to be a big part of that imo. It's still early but I think they'll win it all in 2016 assuming the team sticks together.

This.. after this Finals... Title or No Title... if they stick together... we will see them again in Finals... this team is good so good... offense/defense they have them.... and most importantly you have a leader who will listen to him... a team needs a leader to rally forth and win just like the old war... Napoleon, Alexander etc. etc.

Monolith
06-12-2015, 04:56 AM
This.. after this Finals... Title or No Title... if they stick together... we will see them again in Finals... this team is good so good... offense/defense they have them.... and most importantly you have a leader who will listen to him... a team needs a leader to rally forth and win just like the old war... Napoleon, Alexander etc. etc.Of course we will, look at the conference they play in lol Anyways to answer the original question, he's probably on par with most of those guys. I think the problem is most peoples first/most memorable thought of him is Blake dropping nuts on his head so they can't really picture him as a productive NBA player...

Cleverness
06-12-2015, 05:01 AM
Id say only gobert and wiltside for this cavs team. Deandre would be there too but his terrible FT shooting would make him a liability while mozgod is like the best FT shooter on his whole team.

He is a great FT shooter because he can step over the FT line without being called for it. He shoots about 30% FT if he's actually called for stepping over the FT line. So far he's 10/10 when stepping over the FT line. These ones were just for tonight.. 6/6 stepping over the line:

http://s7.postimg.org/e0n9cr0ze/g4ft1.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/44m6d3v7e/g4ft2.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/4qb597q9m/g4ft3.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/dk21qbd8a/g4ft4.jpg

http://s7.postimg.org/ggp2qlj22/g4ft6.jpg

StephHamann
06-12-2015, 05:06 AM

Is he better than:

DeAndre Jordan? No

Brook Lopez? Yes

Robin "Batman" Lopez? Yes

Enes "Penes" Kanter? Yes

Andre "iCarly" Drummond? No

Nikola "Vucci Mane" Vucevic? No

Tyson Chandler? No

Al "No Defense" Jefferson? No

Derrick Favors? Yes

Hassan Wiltside? No

Marcin "Polish Hammer" Gortat? No

Jonas "The Lithuanian Hooker" Valanciunas? Yes

Rudy "The Gobert Report" Gobert? No

Dresta
06-12-2015, 06:52 AM
The only one's i'd take over him would be Whiteside and Gobert and (maybe) Drummond - just because his ft shooting is so god-awful. He's got everything you want from your 5 in this league.

Prime_Shaq
06-12-2015, 07:00 AM
Better than all of them except:
DeAndre
Drummond
Vucevic
Favors
You think he's better than Gobert?

Spurs m8
06-12-2015, 07:18 AM
Mozzy is one Cavs player I actually like hey

Euroleague
06-12-2015, 09:44 AM

He's 7-1 without shoes on. Russian players are always listed barefoot. The NBA just took his height listing from Russia.

Euroleague
06-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Pretty surprising that he went undrafted. The guy is a very talented ball player. Incredibly coordinated and agile for a guy his size too.

Why? How many times does it have to be explained to you clowns that the NBA usually only drafts the scrubs from Europe and almost always does not draft the actual good players in Europe?

This has been explained to you fools hundreds of times here.

Euroleague
06-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Blatt knows better... i think blatt is also pursuing for that guy as he is his player in the Russian NT... that's why he pushed David Griffin for that trade... coz he knows how to utilize his players well... :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

You think wrong then.

dunksby
06-12-2015, 10:03 AM
A lot of NBA GMs and coaches don't rate European bigs, which is surprising as a lot of them keep contributing to their teams and that is besides elites like the Gasol brothers. It's crazy that he is the first Russian player to play in the NBA finals, as Russia has been a great ball nation since forever.
Moz has everything you need from your big man, what's even better is that you can't hack him either so by default I would take him over any other C in the OP.

triangleoffense
06-12-2015, 10:20 AM
He's pretty darn good that's for sure. Versatile and plays both ends of the court. Also am really impressed by his size... he almost looks 7 foot.

gasolina
06-12-2015, 10:40 AM
Seems the Nuggets have a knack for lucking into skilled white Centers

1. Mozzy
2. Koufus
3. Nurkic

And yet they keep holding on to Javale like Colangelo to Bargs

Hey Yo
06-12-2015, 10:53 AM
Why? How many times does it have to be explained to you clowns that the NBA usually only drafts the scrubs from Europe and almost always does not draft the actual good players in Europe?

Was Frederic Weis considered a scrub when the NYK chose him 15th overall in the 1999 draft?

Jameerthefear
06-12-2015, 11:39 AM
A lot of NBA GMs and coaches don't rate European bigs, which is surprising as a lot of them keep contributing to their teams and that is besides elites like the Gasol brothers. It's crazy that he is the first Russian player to play in the NBA finals, as Russia has been a great ball nation since forever.
Moz has everything you need from your big man, what's even better is that you can't hack him either so by default I would take him over any other C in the OP.
what? mozgov isn't the only big there who can shoot freethrows. vooch is like a 75% freethrow shooter

G0ATbe
06-12-2015, 11:41 AM
He's pretty much a bigger, stronger gasol with way better defense.

dunksby
06-12-2015, 11:42 AM
what? mozgov isn't the only big there who can shoot freethrows. vooch is like a 75% freethrow shooter
Vuc is probably as good, but Mozgov has already showed he can do it on any stage.

Jameerthefear
06-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Vuc is probably as good, but Mozgov has already showed he can do it on any stage.
meh. that's dumb. mozgov is getting overrated. is dellavedova better than cp3 since we know he can score 20 points "on a stage"?

Fowl
06-12-2015, 11:45 AM
The only centers i would take over him:
Marc Gasol
Dwight Howard
Rudy Gobert

The only ones around his level:
Andre Drummond (Maybe)
Joakim Noah (Maybe)
Nikola Vucevic (Maybe)
Brook Lopez (Maybe)
Jonas Valanciunas (Maybe)

dunksby
06-12-2015, 11:45 AM
meh. that's dumb. mozgov is getting overrated. is dellavedova better than cp3 since we know he can score 20 points "on a stage"?
Is Vuc that better than Mozgov? Dumb comparison.

Fowl
06-12-2015, 11:48 AM
I really can't say Vuc is better than Mozgov just because of Mozgov's size and defense added with his ability to score.

Mozgov is an overall beast at center.

dunksby
06-12-2015, 11:50 AM
I really can't say Vuc is better than Mozgov just because of Mozgov's size and defense added with his ability to score.

See his dunk on like three people in game 3? :biggums:

Jameerthefear
06-12-2015, 11:50 AM
well let's see
vuc is 4 years younger
better offensive player by miles
better rebounder
better shooter
i know it's fun to overrated a guy because he had a good playoff run but come on. vooch was in allstar consideration

dunksby
06-12-2015, 11:52 AM
well let's see
vuc is 4 years younger
better rebounder
better shooter
i know it's fun to overrated a guy because he had a good playoff run but come on. vooch was in allstar consideration
Mozgov = Delly, Nik = CP3? I'm taking Delly over CP then.

Jameerthefear
06-12-2015, 11:53 AM

vooch is just as big give an inch
people are going to be really surprised when vuc becomes a better defender/rim protector next year. he just had a really shitty coach for most of his career

Fowl
well let's see
vuc is 4 years younger
better rebounder
better shooter
I know you're a Magic fan and all but me as a LeBron hater I can tell you that Mozgov and Tristan Thompson are the reason they've been wrecking legit playoff teams.

Vucevic is an awesome offensive player, but what he gives you on offense Mozgov gives you on defense.

By default, defense > offense.

Not only that, but hes crazy mobile for a 7 footer, athletic, can hit the jumper, and can hit free throws.

Vucevic is amazing on offense, but overall Mozgov is the better player.

Jameerthefear
brb

Jameerthefear
06-12-2015, 12:17 PM
I know you're a Magic fan and all but me as a LeBron hater I can tell you that Mozgov and Tristan Thompson are the reason they've been wrecking legit playoff teams.

Vucevic is an awesome offensive player, but what he gives you on offense Mozgov gives you on defense.

Not only that, but hes crazy mobile for a 7 footer, athletic, can hit the jumper, and can hit free throws.

nah not really but ok
it's fun to base things on a playoff series but ill take career and in his career mozgoz is a 9/7 center

branslowski
06-12-2015, 12:24 PM
More production in the Finals than Bynum or Odom ever had thats for sure.

oarabbus
06-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Seems the Nuggets have a knack for lucking into skilled white Centers

1. Mozzy
2. Koufus
3. Nurkic

And yet they keep holding on to Javale like Colangelo to Bargs

Dumbass nuggets :roll:

Done_And_Done
06-12-2015, 04:48 PM

LOL dude calm your European taters. Who the f*uck do you think you are? lolol

24-Inch_Chrome
06-12-2015, 05:08 PM

Mozgov is putting up good numbers against the #1 seed...Spanoulis put up 2.7 PPG on 31.9% shooting during the regular season. Mozgov > Spanoulis and it's not even close.

Euroleague
06-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Was Frederic Weis considered a scrub when the NYK chose him 15th overall in the 1999 draft?

Is this a serious question? Of course he was.

Euroleague
06-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Mozgov is putting up good numbers against the #1 seed...Spanoulis put up 2.7 PPG on 31.9% shooting during the regular season. Mozgov > Spanoulis and it's not even close.

Spanoulis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Curry and you and every other POS a-hole in this forum knows it.

Now shut your damn pie hole.

24-Inch_Chrome
06-12-2015, 06:40 PM

:roll:

I don't like Curry and think he's been overrated this season...but he's still so much better than Spanoulis. Curry has made it as a star in the NBA, Spanoulis couldn't hack it as a bench player. Seems pretty simple to me. :confusedshrug:

KNOW1EDGE
06-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Jesus Christ when did a guy named "Timofy" become so fuhcking overrated?

He's a big white-***** who's decently athletic.
he is nothing special whatsoever. LeBron is gonna get Tim PAID! Mozcawk better give Bron Bron a %

Did u guys watch him in NY and Denver?

oarabbus
06-12-2015, 07:00 PM

Spanoulis is awful :roll:

Prigioni > Spanshit

bobopenguin
06-12-2015, 07:19 PM

Lol... Bruh, Vuc is better right now..
He's already better in offense, and u made it sounds like mozgov is kg type defense anchor.
Vuc can be developed, and he already hit multiple 30pt and 20/20... His defense mindset can be improved, and that's without Lebron next to him to feed him all the balls.
Vuc has been putting in a shit team but he shine, while movgoz only shines when he has to pair up with a superstar lbj.

Vuc has a top tier c potential and still growing. Mozgov is probably peaked.
Therefore it's Vuc should be picked.