PDA

View Full Version : Did you guys know that the Bucks and Pistons made a trade last night?

Bosnian Sajo
06-13-2015, 02:51 AM
Salary dump by the Bucks, trying to sign Brook Lopez or TC in free agency.

Ersan Ilyasova in exchange for Shawne Williams and Caron Butler

Huge ****ing ground breaking trade, ik. Still, didn't know it was fair game to make trades while the finals are going on. Funny, didn't Butler sign with Milwakee originally because that was where he grew up and wanted to retire there? Then he ring chased (failed) in OKC and ended up with the Pistons. At least he's back :confusedshrug:

Fudge
06-13-2015, 02:55 AM
Butler owns 6 Burger King's in the U.S. Dude is a certified BAWSE, like myself.

:applause:

Respect for people like this.

kennethgriffin
06-13-2015, 02:56 AM
caron butler deserved a better career

dallas buried him

shoulda been a 20ppg player for much longer than he was

kennethgriffin
06-13-2015, 02:57 AM
Butler owns 6 Burger King's in the U.S. Dude is a certified BAWSE, like myself.

:applause:

Respect for people like this.

i got food poisoning from that disgusting place

don't eat their chicken nuggets

****ing vile garbage had me shitting water nonstop for 10 hours

buddha
06-13-2015, 02:59 AM
i'd imagine Parker will take Ilyasova's minutes. now if they can add a big in FA they could potentially be a 50 win team.

Rake2204
06-13-2015, 10:12 AM
Out of curiosity, anyone have the precise ruling on when it becomes legal for teams to make trades? Is it really as simple as the two teams being involved having to be done with their seasons? So could two non-playoff teams make deals on April 26?

This deal reminded me of Chris Webber's trade to Sacramento, which BasketballReference tells me took place in late May. I remember it being at a weird time but not that early.

Haymaker
06-13-2015, 10:31 AM
Illyasova/Drummond is Van Gundy's newest version of Anderson/Howard

ZMonkey11
06-13-2015, 10:42 AM
caron butler deserved a better career

dallas buried him

shoulda been a 20ppg player for much longer than he was

Dallas buried him in injuries? The **** are you talking about man?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/butleca01.html#all_per_game

So you can reference yourself.

ZMonkey11
06-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Salary dump by the Bucks, trying to sign Brook Lopez or TC in free agency.

Ersan Ilyasova in exchange for Shawne Williams and Caron Butler

Huge ****ing ground breaking trade, ik. Still, didn't know it was fair game to make trades while the finals are going on. Funny, didn't Butler sign with Milwakee originally because that was where he grew up and wanted to retire there? Then he ring chased (failed) in OKC and ended up with the Pistons. At least he's back :confusedshrug:

And yes. We did. There was a thread about it.

Milbuck
06-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Out of curiosity, anyone have the precise ruling on when it becomes legal for teams to make trades? Is it really as simple as the two teams being involved having to be done with their seasons? So could two non-playoff teams make deals on April 26?

This deal reminded me of Chris Webber's trade to Sacramento, which BasketballReference tells me took place in late May. I remember it being at a weird time but not that early.
That's my understanding of it, teams can trade players under contract after their season ends. Has to be draft-related on our end, probably us trying to create cap room to maybe take on salary to move up. Drummond is going to dominate next year with that spacing though. Damn.

BlakFrankWhite
06-13-2015, 10:50 AM
How true are the rumours of Bucks goin after Brook Lopez?

Would be a great signing....if he can stay injury free ofcourse

Milbuck
06-13-2015, 11:01 AM
How true are the rumours of Bucks goin after Brook Lopez?

Would be a great signing....if he can stay injury free ofcourse
My only problem with Brook is that there's really no way to know which version of Brook we'd be getting. He was a beast post-all star break, and surprisingly good defensively from what I saw. But the odds of him getting hurt again or being complacent after getting paid is pretty high. If Kidd can keep him motivated to play at that level and he stays healthy we'd be a 50 win team with him imo. Price will be a big factor too.

BlakFrankWhite
06-13-2015, 11:22 AM
My only problem with Brook is that there's really no way to know which version of Brook we'd be getting. He was a beast post-all star break, and surprisingly good defensively from what I saw. But the odds of him getting hurt again or being complacent after getting paid is pretty high. If Kidd can keep him motivated to play at that level and he stays healthy we'd be a 50 win team with him imo. Price will be a big factor too.

Yup...bucks are in a good position...talented young squad and tons of cap space.

But is Lopez,the highest they can reach for?

Duderonomy
06-13-2015, 03:49 PM
I don't want to resign Brook, maybe for $5 mil a season but I think he will be getting $9-12 per unfortunately.

Monroe is overrated imo. He puts up big numbers but isn't great defensively and is a 4th option offensively at best.