PDA

View Full Version : lebron, the 'leader'

germanfellow
06-13-2015, 05:04 PM
I am really wondering why lebron is commonly conceived of as this great team leader. I know his style of play is really teammate-friendly as he is such a great and willing passer, but his entire attitude is so bossy that i can hardly understand why he so highly appreciated by his teammates.

not only that i cant find it appealing how much he talks of himself as 'their' leader (imo a true leader doesnt talk about himself as a leader!) but instances like his shooting contest with backpack on (against jones) are so entirely arrogant and not! funny. i just dont get it. he may come across as an 'alpha' if everybody liked the kinda gang/ghetto bossiness that he displays... but how can his acclaimed leadership style be appreciated by somewhat intelligent grown ups with some sense of self-regard???

Meticode
06-13-2015, 05:08 PM
He's out there playing 95% of the game. He's out there talking on defense, telling players where they need to be, hell he scratched a play from his coach and won a game winner on it because they wanted LeBron passing the ball out.

I don't see how he isn't their leader. He's played in more Finals games and minutes than anyone on that roster. He knows how hard it is to play in the Finals and the only reason they're tied 2-2 is because of him and because of how hard Delly has played which LeBron praises.

Done_And_Done
06-13-2015, 05:09 PM
LeBron's a d1ckhead.

Thats my contribution to this thread.

ArbitraryWater
I guess it comes from the high praise by his actual teammates, won't hear anyone saying he stunted their growth, and by the fact that they all play better among him. Mo Williams became what, a 3rd string PG?

J Shuttlesworth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppMC0aRFWiM

warriorfan
06-13-2015, 05:13 PM
anyone else laugh after "ghetto bossiness"?

Xoush
06-13-2015, 05:18 PM
Only his Stans believe that he is a great leader, in this case perception is not reality.

And you are right about a true leader does not have to talk about his leadership. If a King has to point out his position to get things done or get respect, he is no King at all.

Also,

i just dont get it. he may come across as an 'alpha' if everybody liked the kinda gang/ghetto bossiness that he displays... but how can his acclaimed leadership style be appreciated by somewhat intelligent grown ups with some sense of self-regard???

he was never about that life to begin with.

but how can his acclaimed leadership style be appreciated by somewhat intelligent grown ups with some sense of self-regard???

Again you are assuming a falsehood. His Stans are not intelligent, grown up or have a sense of self-regard.
You have to understand that most people are just regular basketball fans, these Stans are just a tiny minority.
Unfortunately they are exceptionally loud and stupid.

germanfellow
06-13-2015, 05:19 PM
for those who point to him being vocal on the court - i never doubted his on-court qualities. i should have made that more clear. even though i really do think that calling out stuff on the court should be normal for any professional athlete.

the 'scratching the play' thing is different though - once again, it could be seen as 'alpha'; yet demoting your coach to second banana status is really not something that i would call leadership. imo thats arrogance and detrimental to the team. regardless of success concerning that particular play!

uber
06-13-2015, 05:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppMC0aRFWiM

that's actually pretty cool

KiiiiNG
06-13-2015, 05:35 PM
anyone else laugh after "ghetto bossiness"?
no, only a ****ing retard like you would laugh at something like that.

notice how im the only person who quotes you.:facepalm

everyone else just ignores your autism but you lack the self awareness to know that.

J Shuttlesworth
06-13-2015, 05:36 PM
no, only a ****ing retard like you would laugh at something like that.

notice how im the only person who quotes you.:facepalm

everyone else just ignores your autism but you lack the self awareness to know that.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/techwar/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/11488DDF-FAB3-4F86-AA66-0AD089968B6D_zpseumlsqrg.jpg

Xoush
06-13-2015, 05:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/techwar/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06/11488DDF-FAB3-4F86-AA66-0AD089968B6D_zpseumlsqrg.jpg

:roll: :roll:

iamgine
06-13-2015, 08:35 PM
for those who point to him being vocal on the court - i never doubted his on-court qualities. i should have made that more clear. even though i really do think that calling out stuff on the court should be normal for any professional athlete.

the 'scratching the play' thing is different though - once again, it could be seen as 'alpha'; yet demoting your coach to second banana status is really not something that i would call leadership. imo thats arrogance and detrimental to the team. regardless of success concerning that particular play!
You need to realize that some players (Bird, Magic, Jordan, Stockton, etc) are basketball geniuses who have the ability to call plays better than their coaches. In a particular play, they have the ability to just go by their feel of the game and disregard the coach's play. It could be detrimental (Rondo vs Carlisle, Pippen vs Phil) but a lot of the time it's also fine and everyone understands what it is.

E_Stamkos
06-13-2015, 08:38 PM
He's no Mark Messier