PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Celtics vs 2015 Warriors

sportjames23
06-13-2015, 05:20 PM
that version of KG would destroy the soft warriors' confidence if they would play against eachother

we're talking about this guy curry would be scared to play

http://i.imgur.com/uURMQH6.gif

Well?

DMAVS41
06-13-2015, 05:21 PM
08 Celtics were the better team.

That post I think you are referencing was from a debate on the 10 Celtics vs 15 Warriors.

I don't think many are taking this Warriors team over the 08 Celtics...nor should they.

StephHamann
06-13-2015, 05:22 PM
Kerr would not guard Rondo at all, the only way the Celtic could win is if they keep the Warriors under 80 Points each game.

Not gonna happen, Warriors in 6.

sportjames23
06-13-2015, 05:22 PM
08 Celtics were the better team.

That post I think you are referencing was from a debate on the 10 Celtics vs 15 Warriors.

I don't think many are taking this Warriors team over the 08 Celtics...nor should they.

My bad. We could use the 2010 Celtics, too.

DMAVS41
06-13-2015, 05:29 PM
My bad. We could use the 2010 Celtics, too.

The 08 Celtics were clearly the best team of that group in my opinion.

15 Warriors vs 10 Celtics is tough.

After the first 98 games of the season for the Warriors in which they went 80-18 and looked elite on both ends for the majority of that time...I'd have gone with them.

But games 2 and 3 happened and it's a bit puzzling. I don't think we know if that was just a couple shitty games for them, or it's a bigger issue that they can't enforce their will on a depleted Cavs team.

I actually like that 10 Celtics team quite a bit, but they had flaws as well. Mainly their age, lack of shooting, and poor rebounding.

I think if the Warriors dominate the rest of the series...I'll probably give them the edge. If they win and look like shit? Might go with the Celtics or just call it too close.

They lose? Obviously the Celtics.

That 538 rated them very close in terms of supporting casts and the only difference between the teams was Curry rated much higher than Rondo. But this was actually back in the time that playoff Rondo existed and I don't think that is an accurate enough rating to put a ton of weight into...other than to acknowledge the teams were close.

So we'll see...It's just hard for me to ignore just how historically good the Warriors were for 98 games. 2 bad games, even in the finals, aren't changing that for me....so we'll see what happens the rest of the way,

Ne 1
06-13-2015, 05:39 PM
The '08 Celtics would win, they were a tougher team, mentally and physically. 3 All Stars/first ballot HOFers, defensive player of the year, deep bench, bigs, solid PG rotation with Rondo and Cassell, historically great defense. Hell, even the Celtics coaching staff was deep

With that said however, I think it would still be close though. The Celtics looked really good during the regular season, the conference finals and especially the finals. But a Cavs team with not that much talent and LeBron having a crappy series almost eliminated them, and Atlanta took them to 7.

DMAVS41
06-13-2015, 05:55 PM
The '08 Celtics would win, they were a tougher team, mentally and physically. 3 All Stars/first ballot HOFers, defensive player of the year, deep bench, bigs, solid PG rotation with Rondo and Cassell, historically great defense. Hell, even the Celtics coaching staff was deep

With that said however, I think it would still be close though. The Celtics looked really good during the regular season, the conference finals and especially the finals. But a Cavs team with not that much talent and LeBron having a crappy series almost eliminated them, and Atlanta took them to 7.

That 538 model has the Celtics as the 4th most talented supporting cast around KG in the last 30 years...so 4th out of 60 teams.

That team was definitely the best of this group in terms of talent and definitely the best in terms of how they could dominate at their best.

I don't think struggling in rounds 1 and 2 does much to diminish them as a great team. Sometimes great teams struggle at times in the playoffs....but in the end...winning a series king of ends that from a team standpoint.

3ball
06-13-2015, 06:06 PM
Well?
Great example.

Kobe 2008 supporting cast > Lebron 2015 Finals supporting cast

yet

Kobe's team loses to Celtics, while Lebron's team beating Warriors

This proves 2008 Celtics > 2015 Warriors

(assuming Kobe and Lebron cancel each other out)

SyRyanYang
06-13-2015, 06:13 PM
Soft confidence?
They were down 10+ in the 4th quarter in game 2 and down 20 something in game 3 and nearly came back. That's pretty tough if you ask me

warriorfan
06-13-2015, 06:14 PM
KG only scares Europeans

3ball
06-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Great example.

yet

Similarly,

MJ's 41/9/6/51% + far superior supporting cast = dead even series vs. 1993 Suns*

Lebron's 36/12/8/39% + far inferior supporting cast > Warriors

This means Suns > Warriors

Smart guys out there, tell me what I'm missing.

* Both Bulls and Suns averaged exactly 106.7 PPG in 1993 Finals.. Both teams' Offensive Rating (ORtg) were exactly 113.0.

warriorfan
06-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Warriors most overrated team of all time, Curry dragged a team that starts 3 10 ppg players to a top ranked offense with 67 wins in the West.

Braincells
06-13-2015, 06:17 PM
08 Celtics had like 3 defensive stoppers in Allen, Posey and Garnett. Plus Leon Powe, a no name scrub, mauled the Lakers front court (or lack thereof) for 21 points in game 2.

branslowski
06-13-2015, 06:19 PM
Great example.

yet

What made Kobe's cast better than Bron's? Can you back that up with facts?

Cause I see Mozgov playing better than Odom or Bynum did ever in any Finals, and I also see TT playing far greater defense than Gasol along with being a bigger rebounding presense than Gasol ever was, and I also see Delli putting up Derek Fisher type numbers...Please bring the car facts before speaking....FYI Bynum avgs 6ppg 4reb during Finals, Boss status.

Indian guy
06-13-2015, 06:21 PM
People call GS jump shot-dependent, but Boston was on a whole different level. Their whole offense was built around the Big 3's jump shooting and unlike GS, they didn't have an offensive player anywhere close to Stephen Curry's level, someone who can go off for 30+ on any night + open the game up for his teammates to the extent Curry does. Thus, offense was often a struggle for them, ranking 6th and 12th in their '08 and '10 playoff runs. I just remember one too many games where they couldn't score to save their lives and lost. You just never see that from this GS team. Sooner or later, they figure it out and start raining shots on you. Their talent is simply superior. That's why they rank 1st on offense so far this postseason. 1st on defense too. A continuation from their historical regular season, something Boston proved incapable of doing in the '08 playoffs, because their flaws were simply more exploitable than GS'. GS would take care of them in 6 games.

3ball
06-13-2015, 06:22 PM
What made Kobe's cast better than Bron's? Can you back that up with facts?

Cause I see Mozgov playing better than Odom or Bynum did ever in any Finals, and I also see TT playing far greater defense than Gasol along with being a bigger rebounding presense than Gasol ever was, and I also see Delli putting up Derek Fisher type numbers...Please bring the car facts before speaking....FYI Bynum avgs 6ppg 4reb during Finals, Boss status.
Ok, you're right about that.

But what about the 1993 Finals?.. Both Bulls and Suns averaged exactly 106.7 PPG in 1993 Finals.. Both teams' Offensive Rating (ORtg) were exactly 113.0.. So the series was dead even.. Now consider this:

MJ's 41/9/6/51% + far superior supporting cast = dead even series vs. 1993 Suns

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-13-2015, 06:23 PM
08 KG would be best player in the league by far, last year of his prime especially offense. He led Celts in 4th quarter and clutch scoring, played GOAT defense. Celts also didnt play injured teams in every round and key injuries to position matchups for Steph inflating their offense

Draymond would be shown who the most versatile defender of alltime is as KG blows up every pickandroll and shuts down anyone he wants

Celtics in 5

3ball
06-13-2015, 06:31 PM

But what about the 1993 Finals?.. Both Bulls and Suns averaged exactly 106.7 PPG in 1993 Finals.. Both teams' Offensive Rating (ORtg) were exactly 113.0.. So the series was dead even.. Now consider this:

no comment on this branlowski?

branslowski
06-13-2015, 06:34 PM
People call GS jump shot-dependent, but Boston was on a whole different level. Their whole offense was built around the Big 3's jump shooting and unlike GS, they didn't have an offensive player anywhere close to Stephen Curry's level, someone who can go off for 30+ on any night + open the game up for his teammates to the extent Curry does. Thus, offense was often a struggle for them, ranking 6th and 12th offensively in their '08 and '10 playoff runs. That's so blah. GS on the other hand ranks 1st on offense in these playoffs. 1st on defense too. They are simply too well rounded to lose to Boston.

This whole comment reeks hidden agenda for LeBron excuses...:roll: :roll: :roll:

Ask any All-Time Great retired player, sh!t just view common sense, you really think this Warriors Team is greater than those Celtics teams?...Bro really think about it.

And I'm all for giving LeBron credit for going ham against a 60win team, sh!t if he wins this Finals he's above Kobe All-Time for me personally, but come on, YOU really saying and think in your deepest of souls that this Warriors team is greater than Doc Rivers and his HOF big 3?

Joyner82reload
06-13-2015, 06:35 PM
Warriors most overrated team of all time, Curry dragged a team that starts 3 10 ppg players to a top ranked offense with 67 wins in the West.

And yet the Finals MVP is likely going to be a player that didn't start a single game all season until Thursday night.

branslowski
06-13-2015, 06:38 PM

You know what, I give you props, I thought you were a troll but you admitted truth about the Lakers/Cavs supporting cast thing (because the facts are obvious too) and honestly speaking I think Suns was better than this Warriors Team...You knew what you were getting everynight out of Barkley...And Johnson vs Klay Thompson? It's no debate there for me. Suns>>Warriors

Harison
06-13-2015, 10:06 PM
Celtics '08 > Spurs '14 >> Wars '15