PDA

View Full Version : 76ers center Joel Embiid suffers setback with injured foot

Johnny Jones
06-13-2015, 09:50 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=17785

http://media.giphy.com/media/j7N0GKEWqZxNC/giphy.gif

J Shuttlesworth
06-13-2015, 09:52 PM
How many brothers fell victim the feet? Rest in peace, young nikka there's a heaven for a G

T_L_P
06-13-2015, 09:53 PM
Of course the superstar of the draft is the injured one. :(

Jameerthefear
06-13-2015, 09:54 PM
Oh dear. Darn :-/

PJR
06-13-2015, 09:55 PM
7 footer with reoccurring foot problems? Yikes.

Jameerthefear
06-13-2015, 09:57 PM
this is why I thought the "sixers dynasty" talks were super premature... the player it's hinging on is an injury prone 7 footer...

Ca$H
06-13-2015, 10:00 PM
Oden 2.0

el gringos
06-13-2015, 10:10 PM
They won't draft porzingis or okafor. Already have too many bigs.

As a guy who really doesn't want the Knicks to end up w okafor I'm not sad to hear. As a guy that never wants to see injuries this is a sad deal if he doesn't round the corner and get healthy

Sarcastic
I guess they will take Okafor if he's on the board.

Milbuck
:facepalm

SwishSquared
06-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Dang that would be such a blow to the 76ers. I really wanted to see him at full strength in the NBA- he's got all the tools to be an absolute beast.

Although that article says there's some issue, hopefully this snag isn't something that will cost him his career, let alone missed time this summer or upcoming season.

He seemed to be really coming along, even if it was just glimpses and whispers.

bootsy
06-13-2015, 10:12 PM
this is why I thought the "sixers dynasty" talks were super premature... the player it's hinging on is an injury prone 7 footer...
Did they cancel the draft and free agency this offseason. :rolleyes:

christian1923
06-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Is anyone surprised?

Fallen Angel
06-13-2015, 10:22 PM
Stop overreacting like a bunch of ******* it's a complication with the healing. He didn't reinjure it or worsened his foot, the Sixers will gladly keep him out until his health is 110%. Meanwhile, he's been adding strength and bulk to his upper body to make him that much better of a post presence. He's starting to look like Peak Andrew Bynum physique-wise.

Greg Oden, Andrew Bynum, and Brandon Roy all had knee complications, you can recover from a foot injury and play in the future (even if it's the level of Celtics' Bill Walton).

midatlantic09
06-13-2015, 10:25 PM
They won't draft porzingis or okafor. Already have too many bigs.

As a guy who really doesn't want the Knicks to end up w okafor I'm not sad to hear. As a guy that never wants to see injuries this is a sad deal if he doesn't round the corner and get healthy

Of course they will draft Okafor if Russell and Towns are off the board already. The Sixers will take the player with the highest value and figure out what to do later. This could mean they keep the player they picked or trade the player they picked.

midatlantic09
06-13-2015, 10:26 PM
Btw guys, Embiid didn't re-injure the foot...the report states that the healing process is taking a bit longer than expected.

Milbuck
06-13-2015, 10:27 PM
Stop overreacting like a bunch of ******* it's a complication with the healing. He didn't reinjure it or worsened his foot, the Sixers will gladly keep him out until his health is 110%. Meanwhile, he's been adding strength and bulk to his upper body to make him that much better of a post presence. He's starting to look like Peak Andrew Bynum physique-wise.

Greg Oden and Brandon Roy all had knee complications, you can recover from a foot injury and play in the future (even if it's the level of Celtics' Bill Walton).
How is him continuing to add bulk a good thing with his foot in its current condition?

I wouldn't call the reactions in this thread overreactions. This is absolutely a red flag imo. It might not be a direct re-injury but the multiple setbacks in healing over the past year is definitely concerning.

Jameerthefear
06-13-2015, 10:32 PM
oh so they're signing Marc Gasol or LMA in the offseason?
everyone knows that embiid is the player with superstar potential. hell, w/o the foot injuries embiid is a better prospect than anyone else this year and would be #1

Jameerthefear
06-13-2015, 10:33 PM
How is him continuing to add bulk a good thing with his foot in its current condition?

I wouldn't call the reactions in this thread overreactions. This is absolutely a red flag imo. It might not be a direct re-injury but the multiple setbacks in healing over the past year is definitely concerning.
he might legitimately be retarded. he's one of the dumbest posters ever on ish

FKAri
06-13-2015, 10:38 PM

Happens to them all. A 7 foot frame is too fragile to be jumping up and down for hours everyday. If we're lucky we get to see long enough careers just before they begin to break down. It's what makes Kareem's longevity so mind boggling.

midatlantic09
06-13-2015, 10:40 PM
Well, I'll say this: at least the Sixers are in a good position to grab Okafor (as a possible replacement for Embiid given his injury issues) if Russell gets selected #2.

Fallen Angel
06-13-2015, 10:41 PM

He'll add bulk until he reaches an ideal weight that he and his training staff would find fit for a low post center (around 270-280; which is 30 lbs. heavier than his draft weight).

Your foot will strengthen with due time to match the weight that is being put on it, of course there will be complications. As long as he doesn't ACTUALLY reinjure the foot and doesn't require additional surgery he'll be fine. The recovery process will vary with any additional weight that is added to the body, which is why usually doctors would prefer most patents to maintain or lose weight to quicken the recovery time.

If it ends up that Embiid cannot play Summer League it's not that he physically can't do it, it would be because the Sixers staff wants him to be 110% before he goes into an NBA game. That's being cautious with an asset, which is the safe route. I applaud the Sixers for treating Embiid like he's a prized possession instead of throwing him to the wolves with the risk of reinjury.

Fallen Angel
06-13-2015, 10:42 PM
oh so they're signing Marc Gasol or LMA in the offseason?
everyone knows that embiid is the player with superstar potential. hell, w/o the foot injuries embiid is a better prospect than anyone else this year and would be #1
keking in my boots

i ain't even wearing boots

Bankaii
06-13-2015, 10:57 PM
Trade him for more draft picks. It'll add on another 5 years to the process but the dynasty is still coming.

oh the horror
06-13-2015, 11:07 PM
He'll add bulk until he reaches an ideal weight that he and his training staff would find fit for a low post center (around 270-280; which is 30 lbs. heavier than his draft weight).

Your foot will strengthen with due time to match the weight that is being put on it, of course there will be complications. As long as he doesn't ACTUALLY reinjure the foot and doesn't require additional surgery he'll be fine. The recovery process will vary with any additional weight that is added to the body, which is why usually doctors would prefer most patents to maintain or lose weight to quicken the recovery time.

If it ends up that Embiid cannot play Summer League it's not that he physically can't do it, it would be because the Sixers staff wants him to be 110% before he goes into an NBA game. That's being cautious with an asset, which is the safe route. I applaud the Sixers for treating Embiid like he's a prized possession instead of throwing him to the wolves with the risk of reinjury.

You're being very kind here. This kids career hasn't even really begun and he's having injuries that bigs shouldn't have and issues that are reoccurring.

That's a bad sign. Every few years there comes an injury prone player and every year there's cats like you that don't see what's happening.

Jameerthefear
06-13-2015, 11:09 PM

This ****ing dude :roll:
Just graduated highschooler with a 2.0 GPA acting like he has a medical degree. F*ck outta here

midatlantic09
06-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Just graduated highschooler with a 2.0 GPA acting like he has a medical degree. F*ck outta here

:oldlol: :roll: :lol

TheMilkyBarKid
06-13-2015, 11:14 PM
Damn that sucks, really hope we get to see him play next season.

Fallen Angel
06-13-2015, 11:17 PM
Have no idea what you're talking about kid.

I graduated with 3.23 GPA and am planning to go to a comm. college so I can transfer to VCU. I don't know where you're getting that idea, but my life is in good hands kiddo.

Fallen Angel
06-13-2015, 11:22 PM
You're being very kind here. This kids career hasn't even really begun and he's having injuries that bigs shouldn't have and issues that are reoccurring.

That's a bad sign. Every few years there comes an injury prone player and every year there's cats like you that don't see what's happening.
People in general who add major weight during a short stretch tend to have problem supporting that weight. Just three to four years ago Embiid was playing volleyball in Cambodia (or whereever he was). He developed a CBB body and had to quickly develop an NBA Body, not easy, even for a seven footer.

Teams don't value and take care of their assets like Philly is doing to Embiid, players turn injury prone if you let them compete under physical stress. Can't you see Philly is doing the exact opposite in letting him heal until his foot is stronger than it was before.

jzek
06-13-2015, 11:53 PM
New Greg Oden

RightTwoCensor
06-13-2015, 11:55 PM
New Greg Oden
You obviously don't know the difference between a knee and a foot.

Stay retarded.

R.I.P.
06-14-2015, 12:06 AM
So we are entering Year 4 of the masterplan and they have found one starter in Noel, and two roleplayers in Thompson and Covington. MCW is gone, Saric is still in Europe, Embiid has major injury and weight issues.

BlakFrankWhite
06-14-2015, 12:08 AM
Urrghh

Was looking forward to see him play in the summer league.

RightTwoCensor
06-14-2015, 12:13 AM
So we are entering Year 4 of the masterplan and they have found one starter in Noel, and two roleplayers in Thompson and Covington. MCW is gone, Saric is still in Europe, Embiid has major injury and weight issues.
Embiid doesn't have a weight issue in the terms of being fat, his foot having troubles with dealing with his additional weight.

Saric will be in the NBA soon

Covington is a really good stretch PF, can't believe he got so good after we let him go

You still have the 3rd pick in the Draft

You still have loads of cap space for a potential sign and trade or overpaying for a above average free agent.

Sportal
06-14-2015, 12:23 AM
No no no no no no no no no, ****.

Lebron23
06-14-2015, 12:25 AM
At least he has a good sense of humor. I like his attitude.

Bobcats2013
06-14-2015, 12:25 AM
didn't reinjure his leg it's just taking longer than expected to heal.

He'll be fine. My Warriors will see these kids in the finals soon enough

midatlantic09
06-14-2015, 12:38 AM

Next year will be year 3. Hinkie was hired after the 2012-2013 season in May or June of 2013.

el gringos
06-14-2015, 12:45 AM
Tony wroten is a ball player. I know he's hurt now too, but definitly more than capable of being a rotation player or better on a good team

Spurs5Rings2014
06-14-2015, 01:24 AM
Gobb ghost.

:oldlol:

bobopenguin
06-14-2015, 01:39 AM
You obviously don't know the difference between a knee and a foot.

Stay retarded.

errr?

Yao retired cos of his foot.
Greg out cos of his knee.

care to explain the different?
both are lethal to big man..

Styles p
06-14-2015, 05:11 PM
errr?

Yao retired cos of his foot.
Greg out cos of his knee.

care to explain the different?
both are lethal to big man..

yao broke his foot and continued to play on it causing fractures throughout his whole foot and was also 6 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier and a lot older.

Fallen Angel
06-14-2015, 05:16 PM
yao broke his foot and continued to play on it causing fractures throughout his whole foot and was also 6 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier and a lot older.
get'em

FireDavidKahn
06-14-2015, 05:35 PM
Free agency and the 76ers? :roll:

FireDavidKahn
06-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Embiid doesn't have a weight issue in the terms of being fat, his foot having troubles with dealing with his additional weight.

Covington is a really good stretch PF, can't believe he got so good after we let him go

You still have loads of cap space for a potential sign and trade or overpaying for a above average free agent.
Embiid has had issues with hiss back, knee and foot. Keep dreaming he is going to be a long term piece.

LAZERUSS
06-14-2015, 05:41 PM
All of which makes the careers of true seven-footers like Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, and Robinson, even more amazing.

chocolatethunder
06-14-2015, 05:44 PM

He's a small forward. Also what you have to realize is that he didn't really "get so good" after you let him go, he's just playing on an awful team. Look at KJ McDaniels as an example. He played big minutes on the Sixers and looked like a descent player but couldn't even get off the bench on a depleted Rockets team. McDaniels can't shoot or dribble and although he seems like a good defender, he mostly just gambles constantly on defense. He is an excellent shot blocker for a wing. With Covington you're seeing a guy play a lot of minutes on a bad team. On a good team he would play 8-15 minutes a game. That's just reality. The Sixers gave Furkan Aldemir minutes this year. Have you seen him play? He's awful.

outbreak
06-14-2015, 05:53 PM
All of which makes the careers of true seven-footers like Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, and Robinson, even more amazing.

Yeah it's crazy when you actually realise how rare it is for a player to be that big, that mobile and also avoid developing chronic injuries. Some 7" people develop back/foot problems when they don't play any sports at all.

BigMacAttack
06-14-2015, 06:06 PM
So I guess adding weight while out with a foot injury wasn't a great idea.

Jameerthefear
07-11-2015, 01:45 PM

Greg Oden, Andrew Bynum, and Brandon Roy all had knee complications, you can recover from a foot injury and play in the future (even if it's the level of Celtics' Bill Walton).
kek

R.I.P.
07-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Embiid has had issues with hiss back, knee and foot. Keep dreaming he is going to be a long term piece.

Yes sadly for him, this has gone the predictable direction. Well at least he got paid. Now they still have five PF/C in Saric, Holmes, Okafor, Noel and Guidaitis on their roster.

But as a Philly fan you are not very happy with what Hinkie has been selling, cause you do not have one standout prospect at PG/SG/SF. Soon enough he

BigNBAfan
07-11-2015, 03:59 PM
Yeah it's crazy when you actually realise how rare it is for a player to be that big, that mobile and also avoid developing chronic injuries. Some 7" people develop back/foot problems when they don't play any sports at all.

7'' people? thats d!ck size

SwishSquared
07-11-2015, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Yes sadly for him, this has gone the predictable direction. Well at least he got paid. Now they still have five PF/C in Saric, Holmes, Okafor, Noel and Guidaitis on their roster.

But as a Philly fan you are not very happy with what Hinkie has been selling, cause you do not have one standout prospect at PG/SG/SF. Soon enough he

Dbrog
07-11-2015, 04:31 PM
Embiid :(

I think I got so used to bigs just being good and healthy that I didn't realize the rarity of it. Duncan/Shaq/Sheed/Wallace/KG/JO/Webber/Dirk era was HIGHLY improbable. Basically how the 90s were for Centers.

What makes me more sad is thinking how awesome this league would be right now with a healthy Oden, Yao (his game would've aged perfectly), Bynum, Amare AND Embiid (also assuming Dwight, Brow, Boogie, Noel and others stay healthy).

GOBB
07-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Gobb ghost.

:oldlol:

How idiot?

Dr Hawk
07-11-2015, 05:17 PM
Sad :(

LBJMVP
07-11-2015, 06:09 PM
Really hope he gets healthy. This guy can be a monster, but two foot surgeries on a guy that big isn't good at all.

Prime_Shaq
07-12-2015, 12:02 AM
:applause:

daily
07-12-2015, 12:05 AM
Wasn't this reported a few weeks ago? They told us then it wasn't healing like the wanted and he'd be having another surgery to fix it

oarabbus
07-12-2015, 12:07 AM

Holy shit there's no way you can be that dumb. A complication which prevents him from playing for TWO YEARS competitively is a huge deal.