PDA

View Full Version : Joel Embiid, Who Lost Rookie Year to Injury, has Setback on Left Foot Healing

AirTupac
06-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Sixers on suicide watch... as they have been the past decade. Will this guy even touch an NBA court in his career?

Joel Embiid, who lost rookie year to injury, has setback on left foot healing, must sit out thru further evaluation.

WOJ Bomb

PistonsFan#21
06-14-2015, 12:38 PM
how important of a setback though?

RedBlackAttack
06-14-2015, 02:39 PM
Almost regardless of the diagnosis... this is not good. :(

R.I.P.
06-14-2015, 02:53 PM
The guy played ONE college season with 28 games a 23 minutes with a 30 second shotclock. He suffered a back injury, a foot injury and what not.
How do you not look at this situation and ask yourself: Geez, I wonder what 100 games a 32 minutes with a 24 second shotclock will do to his body.

I hope he

Haymaker
06-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Sixers are ok. They still have Noel and this year's third pick. They should make a wise choice and get an insurance for Embiid. Unless they pretend to keep Noel at C, in which case they could choose Russell.

RedBlackAttack
06-14-2015, 03:01 PM
Sixers are ok. They still have Noel and this year's third pick. They should make a wise choice and get an insurance for Embiid. Unless they pretend to keep Noel at C, in which case they could choose Russell.
It's getting a little alarming, not necessarily just for the Sixers, but for real basketball fans. Embiid's skillset, athleticism and body are such a tantalizing combination. If his career goes the way of Greg Oden, it will be a loss for the entire basketball community, not just the Sixers.

He has the potential to be that good.

SwishSquared
06-14-2015, 04:35 PM
Just been reported that he won't need a second surgery. If I re-find the link on twitter, I'll post.

Also, agree 100% with RBA. As a ball fan, I've been wanting to see what he can do in the NBA at full health. This guy is so immensely gifted and skilled- we'd all miss out on him having long term issues